main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Tagged~ A Long Handmaiden Fanfic - Prelude in the Archive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by HandmaidenEirtae, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obischick

Obischick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    UPSTER!!

~Obischick

2. Padawan_Laurianna

Padawan_Laurianna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    Page 4?!!

Nuh-unh! Up you go! :D

Uppity up up up! :D

3. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    I am so sorry, guys! :( Darth School is being treacherous in its villiany. I will post more soon, I promise!
    ~Eirtae

4. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I know what you mean. I'm in my third week of school and they're already piling the homework on. :(

5. Padawan_Laurianna

Aug 17, 2002
    HM.Eirtae', Don't worry, post when you can, we understand, don't we? ::looks around the room and remembers there's no way in h--- that she (meaning me) could possibly see the people from the thread nodding their heads....bangs head against computer screen...too much college...too much college...brain is fried:: Well I know they all agree even if I can't see them nodding! ;)

I especially understand the troubles of Darth School. Trust me. I do. Grrrrr. :mad:
    ;)
    so anyways! Uppity up up up! :D

6. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Sokay Eirtae!! :) School is Sithly! :mad:

**nods in agreement with Laurianna**

Whenever you can post is good...and I know it'll be great! :)

~Obischick

7. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    i soo feel your pain, hm eirtae. teachers are vicious!

8. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
  9. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
  10. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

~Obischick

11. Padawan_Laurianna

Aug 17, 2002
    uppity up up up!!!!

:D

12. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
  13. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...I do have the patience of a Jedi...

~Obischick :)

14. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    :))
    we feel your pain, obichick!

15. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    Lol bobill! :p yes, we're all in this together... :D

~Obischick

16. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    Uuuuuuup!

17. Padawan_Laurianna

Aug 17, 2002
    Page 12!!!??

No way. Up you go!

uppity up up up.

:D

18. Heather_Skywalker

Heather_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2002
    ! just got done reading the whole long story :) and it's wonderful!!! I can't wait until Darth High School gives everyone a break, I know it's making me fall close to the dark side :eek: Oh well! Hopes for a new post soon!

19. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    yeah, know exactly what you mean!
    UP!

20. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
    *stumbles in, clutching some papers* So....sorry...here's....lots more *holds out the papers, then collapses from exhaustion into a beanbag chair and drifts to sleep, murmuring* It's all Darth Real Life's fault.....he's holding me back....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People were already lined up on the streets, waiting for the Parade. When Rabé had glanced out of her window last night, she had actually seen a few people camping out for the night just to get good spots. She thought this was ridiculous, but by the time they left Padmé?s suite that morning, the crowd was already six people deep. She was sure that before they exited the Palace the sidewalks would be packed with people, from the string of guards lining the street to the buildings behind.

It had been suggested to Padmé that she ride down the Parade route in a speeder, but she had declined, declaring that sitting there and waving to the crowds left and right would make her feel more like a beauty pageant queen than a down-to-earth queen. It was decided then that she would wait at the end of the Parade route, the front of the Palace, for Boss Nass and Jar Jar Binks.

Queen Amidala and her entrouge of nobles, officials, Jedi, family and friends gathered in the large entrance hall of the Palace, waiting for the appropriate time to walk out onto the steps. Rabé spied a man and a woman, along with a girl a few year older than her, quickly give Padmé a hug and kiss before striking up a conversation with Sio Bibble. Rabé was convinced that this was Padmé?s family, though she had never seen them before. Indeed, the girl looked like Padmé probably would in a few years.

Alfed -- Rabé had to grin when she saw the elderly man, stately and composed as he always was -- cleared his throat to silence the murmuring crowd. All eyes turned to him expectantly, waiting for his directions.

?Your Highness, ladies and gentlemen,? Alfed projected clearly through the echoing hall. ?If you will be so kind as to follow me, the Parade is about to start.?

He led them through the large double doors held open by two servants, out of the Palace and down the steps. Padmé was at the head of the group, Panaka at her side and just a step behind, and the handmaidens flanking him tightly as the rest of the group stayed close at their heels. A tremendous roar erupted from the crowd at the sight of their beloved queen. The air instantly snowed confetti, and the sidewalks churned with swirling streamers. Padmé smiled broadly and ventured a small, quick wave, inciting the crowd into an even more crazed fervor. Rabé herself was grinning, and she heard Yané laugh lightly.

The Parade had already started an hour before at the city?s gates. Padmé?s exit from the Palace had been timed so she would arrive just minutes before the procession itself. Already Rabé could hear faint strains of music. The handmaidens, nobles, and Jedi all lined up behind Padmé. Rabé took her place behind Sio Bibble, whose plump frame was surrounded by a soft, shifting glow radiated from the Globe of Peace he held in his hands.

The crowd subdued slightly, and an eager anticipation settled on the streets in hushed silence. Rabé trembled. It had taken a week for the full impact of everything to settle on her. It had all happened so fast that she scarcely had had time to think. Now, as she thought back, she realized what a miracle had occurred and what a tremendous fate of what seemed like an inevitable fate of suffering and despair they had escaped.

The whine of straighter engines grew steadily louder until Rabé was tempted to stuff her fingers in her ears. Four Naboo starfighters shot overhead. The crowd cheered again, but their voices were overpowered. Then the engine roar finally receded, the Parade was upon them.

The Royal Naboo Ensemble came first, a group of a hundred men and women playing various instruments as proud junior members carried flags bearing the royal insignia. They played a well known victory balled,

21. Obischick

Aug 25, 2001
    HaHA!!! I'm the first!!

Yay!! The parade and ball are here!! :D :D :D :D

I love your Parade, the idea of giving the pilots medals is a good idea. And Panaka and Alfred giving Padme a hard time about inviting all those people!! Lol!! [face_laugh]

Hehe!! Great post, it's exactly what I was hoping for! I can't wait to see what the girls do when their out on the town! ;) I can't wait for Aiden to reapper!! He seems like a nice guy! Ack, but Staven comes in out of nowhere! [face_shocked] But since I do that all the time, I really can't complain! :p ;)

Great, great post Eirtae!!:)

~Obischick

22. FurryDuck

Apr 2, 2001
    Oooh! YAY!

I'm so happy happy happy! That was such a great way to end the weekend. There's way too much to praise in that post! The parade was just plain awesome and I always like reading about a good party :D.

*Dances happily* Happy happy happy... lalalalala!

23. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    a post! yay! hmeirtae is back in the game!
    hmmm, wonder why padme never introduced the hms to her family. after all, they're like sisters!
    i loved the pilot kissing the woman's cheek, it really brings out the human aspect of war.
    sabe has a gray hair? how old is she again? she's really been working too hard!
    anyway, i loved it all! great post!

24. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
  25. HandmaidenEirtae

Jun 23, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.