main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Take two aspirin and call me in the morning...the SICK thread.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Mistress, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Not Pinkeye. Seems to be some sort of allergic reaction. Antihistamine nipped it in the bud and now I is soooo sleepy. Ice on eyes feels good.

And I found a dog sleeping in my bed yesterday, so perhaps it was a mixture of dander and whatever plants have taken over my brothers back yard. The dogs think its their own private jungle oasis.

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    My nephew broke his arm yesterday. Ironically, he fell on the same arm the day before I
    left, but it didn't seem broken, just a wrist sprain maybe. Hw wore a wrist brace for a while and it had come off and all was ok. But then he fell at school yesterday an this time the arm
    swelled right up. Xrays this morning showed the break. They put a splint on it, but aparently have to wait for swelling to go down before he can get a cast. And it sounds like he has to be referred o an orthopedic doctor
    to get it set and cast, instead of going back to the clinic? I didnt realize it was so complicated, to need multiple doctors and all.

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I have 3 for my WC ankle thing & a Physical therapist, so I can see needing just 2 :p

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Is it normal for a plain broken arm though? I'm just wondering if it means there is a complication or something wrong. Well, more wrong.

5. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Poor kiddo, sorry to hear about that T. I am sure he will be fine. [:D]

6. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Getting over a not-so-fun bout of food poisoning. I'm pretty sure the culprit was some old macaroni salad I had with dinner mom night. But to be safe, and cause I don't feel like risking anything, I plan to
    toss a kt if stuff from my fridge.

I slept on and off all day, got up for 2 hrs to sit in the couch, and then went and slept all night. And I'm still tired today. [face_tired] But on the mend at least, even if still a bit shaky.

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Hope you feel back to normal real soon.

8. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    I had food poisoning twice in two months. It totally sucked. I had to get an IV of fluids the second time and some anti-nausea pills.

Don't push it with semi-normal food. Remember the BRAT diet - bananas, rice, applesauce, toast.

9. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hope you feel better T. [:D]

10. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Hope you are feeling tons better, T. Thinking of you. [:D]

11. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks! Yeah, I've been sticking to toast and apples. Except for last night; we went out for a family dinner to mexican food. My stomach wasn't so sure about the tostada salad, but it made it through it in the end.

12. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :( Getting another DAMN cold! And Abby has a running nose to, and is cranky. I hate, hate, hate being sick! :mad:

13. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    booo...i hope you both get to feeling better

I have been nausated ALL day, ick ick ick!!

ok now i have a low grade fever...I wish i could call in sick.

14. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    *groan* Fighting off stomach flu. My guts are killing me now. Heating pad, u are my friend.

15. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    To everyone I saw this weekend...we are sick. Came back from picking up a friend at halftime to discover Bean had a fever. Now my mom and I both have them as well. It comes on fast, and starts with a tickle in your throat, like laryngitis with a raspy voice. I am sorry. :(

16. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    no worries sweetie, I have had a tickle in my throat and a raspy voice all week=) I hope ya'll feel better soon!

17. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    No worries here, either. If I start feeling sick I'll just blame my teeth anyway. ;)

18. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Thanks to all of you who came to my rescue today...am doing much better.

I had a special visitor that really helped cheer me up. I am blessed. [face_love]

19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I'm glad you're feeling better, M. :)

20. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Ugh. Kids got me sick. Throat hurts and feeling tired and achy. Stayed home from work today.

21. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Kids are disease vectors, JT. As long as you have toddlers in your home you will be coming down with something or recovering from something. Good luck!

So I have been having headaches for about a month now. Last week i started having periods of time where I couldnt see. My doctor thinks it could be tension headaches, not migraines, and she thinks I may have some blood flow issue to my head based on some tests she did. How they can tell these things from pupil responses and making one do the neurologists version of the hokey pokey, I do not know. I have a CT scan tomorrow.

I will keep you all posted. My gut feeling is that the inordinate amount of stress I have been under (and continue to be under) has finally started to frak with my health. I dont really think they will find a gorram thing in my skull...perhaps not even a brain. ;)

If they find an alien, I will split the proceeds with you and we will build Tims Sandcrawler. Win Win.

If you could keep me in your thoughts, I will be a bit nervous tomorrow.

22. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I think your stress level has been frakking with your health for some time now.

If they find an alien in your skull, I want to see pictures. :p

Hugs for tomorrow.

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Good luck, Mistress! Let us know how it goes.

24. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Mistress, good news from the head doc?

DWRD, keep your snotty self away from me. I really want one of those bank capsule delivery systems.

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    When I left the hospital last night, the tech said my doctor would be calling me today, Linda.