main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Teekay-421 Magazine Cover

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kweh-chan, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
  2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Congratulations on being asked to design the back cover for the magazine, it has turned out amazing! That must have been a lot of work and planning to create those individual elements and combined to make the final piece. Well done! :)
    How did you find the experience?

3. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thank you very much! I probably put around 150+ hours into it, and every second was worth it.

The experience was, quite literally, a dream come true. I've honestly never thought my art was good enough for publishing, but to then see my signature on the cover of a magazine was almost too much 8D. Better yet, it was a Star Wars publication! I'm hoping I was able to make a few people smile and/or think of Neimoidians a little better, and, at the same time, perhaps get my name out there.

From an artistic perspective, the whole cover was one big improvement process; I think, since then, I have a much better grasp of drawing hands (one of my biggest weaknesses) and, certainly, of colouring.

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Congrats! You deserve it!

5. Mayla

Mayla Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Cool! Very well done. I wouldn't guess that you had any trouble with the hands, and the shading is lovely. :)

6. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    Thank you very much! 8D

7. Kweh-chan

Mar 7, 2006
    I'm a little surprised we've made it to Season 5, and, despite plenty of Nute Gunray and Lott Dod, we still have yet to see Rune Haako. Naturally I got tired of waiting, so I created my own design of a possible appearing of Haako in TCW.

I based his attire on his Episode III robes, with a few minor changes, such as making the sleeves less droopy. I noticed this was done with Nute's episode II robes, probably to make animating him easier

Credit to Lucasfilm for the Nute Gunray Silhouette and the infobox.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.