main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson TFF t-shirts

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by WookieWallaby, Oct 8, 2005.

1. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    I was reading through some of the (very) old postings, and I noticed one that mentioned club t-shirts. Did anybody ever get any made? Or did it fall through due to cost/lack of agreement on design of logo/a disturbance in the Force?

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I was going t make them just using printable Iron ons based on the sign art used at the katrina fundraiser, I can easily and cheaply make some up for those who dont have costumes yet.

But I was also going to ask if we want an offical logo and if anyne had any suggestions

3. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    I would be up forfinding ut prices for screen printed shirts if we get enough interest.

4. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Dearest WookieWallaby :) No, alot was talked about having t-shirts but they were never made.

If I could suggest, simple is cheaper ;)

But I will leave that to those who have artistic abilities.

5. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Maybe T-Shirts for the spotters?

I know Darth can't see and we know we are going to need spotters for the ones with the buckets on.

6. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    we could wear the t shirts for everyday wear..maybe someone will notice and want to join...or we can wear them to our meetings and such. I love shirts..without them I would be naked!

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    sweet Ill make som up, black ok? and PM your preferred size. These willl be super cehap, but hopefully still look good, and any ideas on an offical logo?

8. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    d00d, I liked the lettering you used for the Katrina stuff.

You could just pull an Imperial cog and Rebel symbol and put them at either end.

I'll see if I can find some art work.

Here are the respective symbols:

[image=http://zeubeubeu.net/vrac/posts/logo_rebel.jpg]

[image=http://hobi-daw-ti.ukjedi.com/images/Patches/Imperial%20Cog%20Red%20on%20Black%20BF.jpg]

9. timstephens4

timstephens4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    Ah, it sounds like my expertise is needed here. My mother worked in the "shirt-making" business for five years until just recently. In order to get professional silk-screened shirts, a design must be decided upon. It is true that simpler is better. What I mean by this is that a design that has multiple colors will cost more than a design with, say, one color. Colors really jack up the proce of the shirt. Even the smallest amount of color can mean a huge difference in price. Also, the complexity of a design is crucial in price. Using DLJ's pics, the rebel symbol will cost less than the imperial symbol (as shown) even though both use the same two colors because the imperial symbol has a lot more detail (trust me that it does). The price of the shirt will also depend upon what kind of shirt you are looking at. You must consider many things when choosing a shirt: style (t-shirt, polo, etc.), color (white, black, grey, etc. all have different prices), fabric (100% cotton, 50/50, pique, etc.), weight of the fabric, and, finally, how the shirt looks and feels. The final factor that will change the proce is how many shirts we order. An order of 25+ shirts will cost less than one less than 25. This is due to the shipping costs of the shirts. I don't want to discourage us from doing this, I am just preparing you for when you go to order the shirts what kinds of things are to be considered.

On a similar note, when the time does come to order shirts, I would HIGHLY recommend Sunrise Silkcreen on 6th St. I have worked with her before, and she is honest, fair, quick, and a perfectionist. The catalog she uses can be found at www.mccrearystees.com. You can go through there and look at shirts and stuff. My mom used to use them as well so I can provide feedback about most of the stuff in the catalog. Before anyone asks though, my mom cannot do the shirts becasue she sold her equipment when her arthritis got so bad that she could not do the job anymore. Hope this all helps in our descision on a shirt. Perhaps by the next meeting, you guys can narrow you choices on design and shirt to two or three each and vote as a group. I, personally, do not care what the design looks like or what kind of shirt we order.

EDIT: got the link working

10. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Or . . . if you make a quickie design you can make a CafePress Store and everybody could make an order of the $8.99 shirt.

Now it would be white but it is quick too.

Tim, totally thank you for your expertise. I know it gets more costly once you start adding colors.

:D

11. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    DSJ, black is sweet! Also my size is xl. I think the shirts should have a 4"x4" rebel or Imperial symbol on the left chest, and then a good sized Rebel or Imperial symbol on the back. I believe for a good shirt you should have matching symblos, and not both the Rebel or Imperial on the same shirt. (.02c)

12. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Then I voted Imperial [face_devil] :p

Darned Rebels! [face_laugh]

13. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Cool thanks for the info Tim, if we go silk screened Ill defintly use them! Illpost some designs here shortly. Jada, thanks for posting that rebel symbol! Its perfect timing, I wanted to find one to print onto clear adhesive paper to apply to one side of my Tie helmets mohawk as kills!

14. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    :_| That's so beautiful :D [face_clown]

15. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I like the idea of the black shirt as well.. with both emblems.. simple is good.. I thought for now we could just buy our own black t shirts.. less than five a piece at wal greens.. and then dustin can make the iron ons and we can put them on ourselves.. that is my thoughts... though not as expensive.. would be a good start that we can all afford.. though we need to compensate dustin for his time and supplies.. though getting dustin to tell us a price is another story. If nothing else.. and you are concerned with where to put the iron ons.. we can all get together in one place and iron on together.. an iron on party so to speak.

16. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Ok, just had a vision, and without any means of posting it yet. For our logo, since we are Two Suns, we use the binary sunset scene from ANH as a template. In one sun we put a symbol, and in the other, just a crazy thought, another symbol:eek: . Somewhere around the suns (underneath, above, behind, in between) we put our TFF name. This is just an idea I came up with literaly thirty seconds ago when reading the Zoo thread.

17. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004
    Binary sunset on a woman ------> boobs :p

18. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Alright, bad idea. Damn Jada, what a dirty mind you have.

19. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dec 7, 2004

Hey! I resemble that remark! :p [face_laugh] :eek:

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I am so niave... I did not get any of the last four tells.. where did you get boobs and woman out of that?? not that it is important or anything...

I just made dark chocolate brownies. Not that anyone cares.. but I did and if ya want one.. come on over :)

21. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I am sort of niave, but I think I got that....two suns...round and glowing ....right on the chest of a girls shirt...ahem...boobs. My God....help these pervs ;) lol

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    okay.. now I got it.. just had to diagram it out for me there!! after all.. I want to be in the know on all the dirty minded stuff as well ;)

23. timstephens4

Jun 10, 2005
    Using my original description, why not put the big logo on the back of the shirt? Whoever said the shirt had to have its main design on the front. Just a thought, seeing as how we have to have a logo in the next couple of days.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that's not a bad idea.. could go with logo on back and our name on front

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Oh yeah I HATE front logo shirts, Im doing them small logo int he front big in the back.