main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TFN Fan Reviews

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Kartanym, Aug 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Just a quick note, you may remember that there is a section on the TFNGames site where fans such as everyone here can review any Star Wars game, and that review is posted on the site.

The problem is that no-one has done so for a long time, so if you want to review your fav Star Wars video games, send them to me at games@theforce.net and they will be posted on the site.

Make note, however, that they may be edited (if harsh language is used it will be removed, for example) and nothing too short.

So get to it :)

2. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Cool, I'll try to write one.

3. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Reviews I want to become a big section, I don't consider any game having "too many reviews".

¤Night

4. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    Is there any particular system? Like do we have to devide the review into particular categories? Do we have to give it some stars or a score out of ten or anything?

5. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    Looking at the current Reviews, You need a Summary (the actual Review Part), an Overview (the summary in sorts, a few sentences), and a score out of 100.

¤Night

6. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    Okay. Hmm...I'll thing I'll write a Rogue Leader one. What'd be cool if you guys averaged all the scores to make like a Culmative Reader's Score or something and even weighed your own score in but gave it extra value or something.

7. Night4554

Oct 9, 2000
    The current plan with the Games Database is to have a list of all the fan & staff reviews and then do a tumbs-up or thumbs-down.

However this is one of the areas where we'll be looking for imput. Keep your eyes open for a input thread where we outline our current ideas and want feedback.

¤Night

8. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    Sounds good.

9. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Here's your format for each review:

Summary: You can write your own summary, which details what the game is, the story and characters involved, etc. You don't need to write a summary, however, since I can write up one for each game.

The Review: This is the main content. Don't make it too short, but not too long. Just right :)
    Don't use any bad language, and you can link to other reviews by the TFN crew or LucasArts websites if you wish. However, they will be checked and edited if needed.

Overall: A quick comment on the game, keep it shortish.

Score: The overall score is out of 100%

I'm am looking into updating the fan reviews section to incorporate an overall average score for each game, as well as a user friendly format. I may even use a form submission page instead of email. I'll get back to you all on that soon.

In the meantime, get your reviews in now, I need something to read :)

10. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    What do you guys think about doing something like a "Retro Review Section," in which we take a look back at LucasArts classics, and then re-evaluate them and make a recommendation on whether or not people should go back and play it again? I think it would make an interesting monthly column. Even if it was updated randomly by fans submitting their own Retro Reviews, they would certainly make interesting reads.

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I like that idea Dan. :D

I'm under the impression that mark & Night would love to receive reviews of any SW games, old and new alike.

12. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Sounds cool I might give it a shot. Can it be any SW video game,past or present?

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  14. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I played on the Star Wars Arcade machine the other week, that was a pretty shen-sation experience.

The sit down cabinet, the solid sturdy feel of the controller, the fact that everything was transparent and rendered in lovely vector graphics... *drools*

15. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Ok, I've updated the reviews section. It looks much better compared to what it was.

There will be further changes later on, keep checking back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.