main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV The 3.5th Southern Nevada Jedi Draft

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JediMasterRevan, Oct 24, 2005.

1. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    The Finals

Tott Doneeta vs. Kyp Durron

Napoleon: Are you gonna eat your Totts?
    Kyp: Yes. *chomp*

Winner: Kyp Durron

2. Scondren

Scondren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2005
    Actually, this is a close match because...well, it's not.

winner: Kypster

3. Stay_Off_My_Totts

Stay_Off_My_Totts Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2005
  4. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    After 1 round...

The Finals

The Pet Shop Boys - 0 vs. Kenobi's Talons - 1

Next number is none other than... 4!

The Finals

Anakin Solo vs. Kam Solusar

5. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    The Finals

Kam's got mehskill, but Solo's got the real deal. Add that to his power, and the fact that he did more rescuing on Yavin IV than the acting head of the Praxeum did (that's Kam, by the way), and viola!

Winner: Anakin Solo

6. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    I have a bad feelin about this

7. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Anakin. Done.

Oh right, I'm not a judge anymore. Shurron doesn't like waiting a month for his judges to judge. Stupid Shurron.

8. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Yeah, I really am a tool.

The Finals

Yeah, I remember the last time I judged a Jedi Draft, I actually went with Kam in this very same matchup. I wasn't real sweet on Anakin at the time. Since then, though, I've re-read the NJO, and I was reminded of what a badass lil' Ani was. Pretty much what Ken said, Kam's got some good skill, but Anakin just seems a bit better. Plus, he slams Kam in power and such and such and such.

Winner: Anakin Solo

9. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    After 2 rounds...

The Finals

The Pet Shop Boys - 1 vs. Kenobi's Talons - 1

I call 1 now, okey-day?

The Finals

Arca Jeth trumped with Cay Qel-Droma vs. Kyle Katarn trumped with Jaden Korr

10. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    My God..this is exactly what I expected...and WHY I DID THIS

I was afraid that Kam and Mara would loose this, however, So I went with the ultimate trump my team can make

These are some of the top trumps you can have, however, I feel Kyle and Jaden have them just out matched

Skill I feel goes to Katarn and Korr, Arca and Droma are skill however, Arca was killed by droids and Droma (I think) lots plenty of limbs. Korr and Katarn have faced many lightsaber battles, stormtroopers, dark jedi, and Vong (it can only be assumed though) and have come on scratch

Both these team are powerful in the force, however, Cay isn't Ulic. I would like to note that many people are not sure of Jaden and Kyles power. First for Jaden. He is the only Jedi in the NJO to be able to construct his own saber before any training and he did that using the force, untrained. Luke was barely able to do it after training with Yoda and instruct books wfrom OBI-wan. He thought he might blow himself up. Jaden trusted the force and was able to do it. It just shows some of his power.

Now a lot of people are saying that Katarn is not that powerful with out the Valley of the Jedi. Well he is. He didn't get his power until he met Jerec there. Before that he went through 6 fully trained Dark Jedi.
    Also he doesn't need ot be in the Valley to have the power of it. It isn't like the force well. It is always with him. He didnt need to be in the Valley to fight Desann yet he had enough power for that. So he always has the power of the Valley of the Jedi, like Kun has the power of the amulets with him.

And experience goes to my trump, they have more experience then most 99.99% of the Jedi out there. Although fight Ulic is good experience

11. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    This is a big, big match... but it's also a pretty obvious match, as far as I'm concerned, so I'm just going to vote now.

The Finals

Arca Jeth trumped with Cay Qel-Droma vs. Kyle Katarn trumped with Jaden Korr

Wow. I dig this one a lot. Seems to me, though, that it can only go one way. I think that the AJO duo has more power than the NJO dudes. Arca, as Ken has pointed out, did indeed master a very difficult technique without a natural affinity for it, and has had many years to develop and harness his power. And Cay, while not nearly as strong as his big bro, also has some strength thanks to his powerful bloodline. But Kyle and Jaden aren't exactly slouches, either. When I think of Kyle's power, I think of him holding up that collapsed ceiling on Vjun. Pretty impressive display... and well away from the Valley of the Jedi. ;) And Jaden also seems to have a good deal of natural talent. The AJO wins here, but it's no blowout.

From there, however, things go downhill for Arca and Cay. Experience isn't even remotely close. Kyle alone has more experience than both Arca and Cay, with room to spare. And just based on what we know of Jaden, and not counting any assumed experience from another 20+ years of being a Jedi Knight after the end of Jedi Academy, he practically has more known battle experience than the opposing trump himself. Against droids, against Imps, against Boba Fett, against Noghri, against massive mutated Rancors, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc (and that's just Jaden). Oh, and of course, both Kyle and Jaden have fought more saber-wielding opponents in one day than what we've seen from either Arca or Cay in their entire known careers. Chumps or no, those reborn were at least moderately skilled, both with a saber and with the Force, and the NJO dudes each cut through hundreds of them.

Skill goes to the NJO guys without question. Kyle is the battlemaster of Luke's order, and has shown very good skill against countless opponents. Jaden also displayed talent with a saber almost right off the bat. And Jaden's exploits as a mere padawan are impressive enough, not to mention what he did as a Jedi Knight.

Meanwhile, Arca's got some good skill, but not as good as Kyle, methinks. And Cay? Well, he's pretty much known for getting his ass handed to him time and time and time again.

Cohesion is pretty much equally good on both fronts.

I think this is an awesome fight, but in the end, the more skilled and much more experienced team of Kyle and Jaden take the win.

Winner: Kyle and Jaden

12. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004

Great match Maxel, you were the one team who always scared me and I ended up losing. YOu guys lucked out to, if me and Suzuki made it to the finals we were gonna have a Jedi Draft Finals Rap Off so just be thankful.

13. Scondren

Scondren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2005
    Well, Arca and Cay take the power, even though The other two are no slouches. However, the other two take expirence by a lot, and skill by a little bit. Therefore, they win. So, I basically just parroted Shurron, in not so many words.

winner: NJO trump

14. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  15. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    Oh snap. I'm glad I was gone for that one. Saved me time and my fingertips from getting bloody.

16. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    *polishes lightsabre*

17. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    The worst I can do is teams. It all depends on Mace Windu

18. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    my only hope is that mace falls on the forefit before the germans can cut my johnson off.

19. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    After 3 rounds...

The Finals

The Pet Shop Boys - 1 vs. Kenobi's Talons - 2

Next number is... 3!

The Finals

Arca Jeth (forfeit) vs. Mara Jade-Skywalker

After 4 rounds...

The Finals

The Pet Shop Boys - 1 vs. Kenobi's Talons - 3

Next number is...5!

The Finals

Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Jaden Korr (forfeit)

And after 5 rounds...

The Finals

The Pet Shop Boys - 2 vs. Kenobi's Talons - 3

And the last number called in this draft (and boy, is it a big one) is... 2!

The Finals

Jacen Solo vs. Mace Windu

FIGHT!

20. SecondBest

SecondBest Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 5, 2003
    Jacen wins because I don't like Mace. Sorry Talonobi.

21. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
  22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'd put Jacen over Mace.

I wonder if that's because I actually think he'd win or because I don't like Mace Windu or because I wanna see this go to teams.

meh

23. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
  24. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    The Finals

Jacen Solo vs. Mace Windu

Wowzers. Now this is a daisy-- with the Finals on the line, no less. :D

Here's the deal-- Mace Windu is crazy when it comes to skill. He's up there with Yoda and Dooku, and he even beat Sidious (or, if you view that subjectively, he at least kept up and pressured Sidious). He's a master of Vaapad, and few can match him with a lightsaber.

But Jacen Solo is crazy when it comes to power. He's up there with freakin' Luke Skywalker, and by DN he's flow-walking through time and bouncing turbolasers off the palm of his hand. He's a master of many techniques (even many we haven't even seen, and which I'm anxious to see in LotF), and few can match him with the Force.

Mace isn't a slouch in power, either. You don't fight Sidious and hold on as long as he did against that lightning barrage (in which his Vaapad formed a circuit through which it passed through him back to Palps) without some kriffin' power, and he was impressive in the Clone Wars Cartoon. However, Jacen isn't a slouch in skill, either-- he didn't even have the Force or a lightsaber when he went off in the Nursery in Traitor. And that, in my opinion, is even more impressive. Jacen is known almost soley for his incredible and unique knowledge and power in the Force, and yet he pulls this display of skill off without the aid of the Force, and without even a lightsaber-- and this is roughly 8 years before the Dark Nest trilogy.

Without drawing this out any longer than it needs to be, if anyone can tackle Mace's mastery of Vaapad both as a lightsaber Form and as a state of mind, it's Jacen Solo. He's got the skill, the right form of combat, the right philosophy...his style is simply the third little bear to Windu's Goldie Locks of combat-- just right. Combining that with his power advantage-- both in measure and in technique-- Jacen Solo defeats Mace Windu.

Winner: Jacen Solo

25. Talon_Kenobi

Sep 3, 2003
    I knew Ken would vote for Jacen. But I don't see Jacen winning. However, I am not on the Super Jacen band wagon yet. Probably after Legacy he will be second only to Luke, but I don't think now.

I don't think Jacen power advantage is enough to get through Maces skill advantage. Mace is no slouch in power. He was able to turn Sidious lightening back at him and deform him. That is pretty impressive. Also his feats in the Clone Wars and in Shatterpoint are very impressive. And his skill is incredible. He went toe to toe with Sidious. And even if Sidious let him win, it was still one hell of a fight. I haven't seen Jacen do anything all that impressive with the saber, with the force he is good, but with the saber I think Mace just out matches him.

It isn't fair that my team was put together to "Fight Darkness with Darkness" and the final fight relys is with one person that knows the darkside exists and against and some guy who blew off thousands of yeaars of philosophy and doesn't think it exists.