main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anakin Solo Discussion Thread, v2.0 (Spoilers Allowed; Please See Thread Rules)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    "What does not kill us makes us stronger. What does kill us makes us stronger still."

Friends... we gather here to mourn the passing of our beloved Anakin Solo Fans Only thread. But, like so many iconic representations in ages past -- Superman, Gandolf, Palpatine -- it has been reborn. The irony is not lost upon us, the faithful, as we believe the same will happen for Anakin Solo as well. As the NJO progresses inorexably forward it is looking more and more bleak -- we we stand fast, nurturing the last sparks of hope in the GFFA towards Anakin Solo's salvation.

The original thread was started by Sith-Pirate and was aptly named For Anakin Solo fans only! (Spoilers for anyone!). But the thread's continued survival was not due merely to the Anakin Solo fans -- without continued antagonism by CeeWulf and others the thread would certainly have died long ago. It should be noted that, while opposed, debates were heated but friendly (and when CeeWulf and dp4m agreed, lo the heavens trembled).

Now we come not to the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning. Part of Anakin's journey is complete and we await the continuation.

Thread Rules

All opinions are welcome -- this includes those people who believe there is no chance of Anakin Solo returning in any form. However, being as this is a generally "pro-Anakin Solo return" thread, if you simply come in with "He's dead, get over it!" or "He's dead! Mwahahahahaha!" it might be considered flame-bait or trolling and you may get a warning or banning. You have been warned. If you want to say, however, "Anakin Solo will not return" and proceed to list opinions and reasons why not -- welcome aboard!

Conversely -- if someone does come in and post something along the lines of one of the trolling examples above -- ignore it. Responding to it will only increase the drama and prolong it.

Spoiler Rules

There are spoilers allowed in this thread of all sorts. However, they should be masked with "board color" (Default == #DDDDDD) or you may get warned. I'll try and have Mods post proper "board color" for special times (e.g. Halloween, Christmas, etc.) when the background changes.

Related Threads of Interest

- F.A.D.A. Headquarters- Fans Against Dead - Anakin!!! -- A thread started by JediMasterAaron for a club founded by Jedi_Anakin_Solo and Tahiri-Solo.
    - The Official Greg Keyes Discussion Thread -- The thread for the man who wrote Conquest.
    - Expanded Universe Defense Force - Home Base -- A thread for the defense of the Expanded Universe at-large, not Anakin Solo-centric at all.
    - The GFFA (Galactic Family and Fans of Anakin) Party -- A political party in the JC Election Game aligned with the return of Anakin Solo and against the violence, death, gore and torture of the NJO.
    - The NJO Critics Club -- Not for the faint of heart. A place for people that dislike the NJO WAY more than the mere death of Anakin Solo.

Related Fan-Fic
    - "The Touch" (by CeeWulf)
    - "Catching a Dream" (by Jedi_Anakin_Solo)
    - "A Hero's Love-- Trial of Circumstance" (by Jedi_Alman)
    - "Rebel High" (Humor by Tahiri & Amidala22)
    - "Death Star Disco Lounge" (started by Moff_D)
    - "Many Happy Returns"

2. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Ok, I'll start off by saying that I just burst out laughing every time I saw CeeWulf in that epic tome. Great work, dp4m.

[face_laugh]

At the same time, I think we need to get the second page started, cuz that's a lot to scroll through.

:D

3. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    i agree cee, that is alot to scroll through, i had to post on the new thread

4. Han Solo Cup

Han Solo Cup Jedi Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    Anakin should become the guardian of a Jedi Holocron 8-}

5. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    That's actually a pretty good idea, papercut.

6. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    i'd agree with that, he would make an interesting guardian

7. jedishellyskywalker

jedishellyskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Once Anakin does actually come back, I don't particularly care how it happens, just as long as him dying and miraculously being ressurected again doesn't become a regular episode. It would be just like the multiple clones of Emperor Palpatine all over again...

My little brother has a theory than Anakin's spirit will come backand take over the body of baby Ben! Weird... but stranger things have happened, haven't they?

8. CeeWulf

Feb 15, 2002
    Has that idea been presented before about the Jedi holocron? Don't recall. I think that could be a fitting way to remember him.

9. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    I like the whole Holocron idea myself.

PS: Congrats on getting the moderator job dp4m! May da schwartz... em, I mean the FORCE be with you...

10. Han Solo Cup

Mar 11, 2002
    It may have been suggested before, but I just made it up on the spot kind of as a way to get the thread started. :)

I wonder how they would get him inside one of those things?

11. jedishellyskywalker

Oct 3, 2002
    I dunno, ask him to curl up in a really little ball???

Gotta go.. homework!!! :eek:(

12. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    1st, Congrats dp4m! Great opening.

Yun-Yuuzhan - The Cosmic God.
    I don't think I was around yet for the theory that the Solo kids will become like the 3 major YV gods. I like this idea!

My little brother has a theory than Anakin's spirit will come backand take over the body of baby Ben!
    This would make the Tahiri/Anakin prophecies more difficult and downright icky, though.

13. JediMaster41589

JediMaster41589 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    DOes anyone know IF anikan will reappeear, either as a clone or as a force ghost?

14. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    *Rubs eyes*
    Holy crap! Nice job dp4m.
    And the Lounge even got a mention in the intro. Colour me pickled tink. :p

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    DOes anyone know IF anikan will reappeear, either as a clone or as a force ghost?

Nope it's essentially hope and bailing wire that keeps up our faith these days... :)

Test of spoiler color

16. JediMaster41589

JediMaster41589 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
  17. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Does anyone know if this is the first thread to go v2.0 in the Lit Forum? I know several in EUC have, but is this the first over in our realm?

Might be a neat little accomplishment! :)

JMA

18. Han Solo Cup

Mar 11, 2002
  19. WraithLead

WraithLead Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    Wow, our new home. Kinda nice in here, can't wait to break it in. I just noticed that I had the last post in the old thread.

DP4M: Nice intro for the new thread, and congratulations on the Modship. But did anyone else notice that it used to say may the force be with himiK? I made a joke about it in the old thread, but now it's changed.

20. WraithLead

WraithLead Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    And i saw that test of spoiler color before i even highlighted it.

21. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Dammit. Now dp4m's a mod and I can't start senseless flaming ;)

Anakin will not come back because that will make his death meaningless. Why not make Darth Vader or Obi come back, if death is now meaningless?

Anakin is dead. Deal with your issues, build a hill and get over it ;)

22. Adm_voss_parck

Adm_voss_parck Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2002
    Wow, our new home. Kinda nice in here, can't wait to break it in.

Yes, it's ok. But i don't like the curtains. And the colour is all wrong. I'll get one of my decorater friends to come in and do something with the place. :p

OT - I don't think that Anakins understanding of the Force was strong and developed enough for him to become a holocron guardian. The knowledge that he would have access would be enormous, and in the wrong hands...

As for the idea of Anakin 'possessing' lil' Ben, Jade is right: Ewww!

And as much as i like Anakin, i want to see Ben become a powerful Jedi in his own right. The son of two very powerful Jedi Masters, this kid is gonna be good.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Anakin will not come back because that will make his death meaningless. Why not make Darth Vader or Obi come back, if death is now meaningless?

Why would it make his death meaningless?

Did Darth Vader and Obi-Wan die fulfilling their life's purpose? Did Anakin?

Was Corran's death at Coruscant meaningless?
    Bror Jace's?
    Palpatine's?
    Callista's?

24. Adm_voss_parck

Adm_voss_parck Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2002
    Callista's existance had no purpose other than to irritate readers and confuse new people in the EU. Second-Worst-Character-Ever!

As for Anakin's death being meaningless...

Senseless, yes. Anakin (Vader) fulfilled his destiny by bringing balance to the force. OB1 fulfilled his destiny by helping the forces at work propel Anakin (Vader) to fulfil his destiny.

Anakin gave his life in defense of the Jedi scattered throughout the galaxy. But his destiny was incomplete. The prophesy of Master Ikrit has gone by the way side and there has been no attempt to give readers closure on the subject.

25. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Hence...
    The whole point of The Final Prophecy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.