main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Authoritative TRAILER Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Silmarillion, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Moment of realization...

They don't want people to know who Anakin is dueling, so they changed Dooku's appearance in the trailer. They gave him a bald head to throw people off!

2. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
  3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
  4. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
  5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    OK, how about we get some trailer talk going again? This is the authoritative thread, so I thought this would be the best one to keep trailer discussions in.

Here's my thought:
    - mid-March 2002: Full Episode II trailer released on Starwars.com and in theaters. This would be the 4th Ep.II trailer, but the first one to focus on the full story of the film rather than the three teasers we saw in November.

-late-March 2002: DVD.STARWARS.COM alternate full trailer released. This would be a special trailer for big fans who own the DVD and a DVD-ROM and it would focus on different elements than the other full trailer. They did something similar in November with the alternate teaser trailer entitled "Mystery" which was exclusive to DVD.STARWARS.COM. I have nothing to confirm this happening, it's just an idea.

What do you guys think? Could this happen? Maybe that would be enough trailers? 5 is a lot for a movie, and this is the 5th Star Wars movie to come out, so it's a nice tie-in. After these, maybe we would get some TV commercials like the "Tone Poems" that came out for Episode I. They could put these on Starwars.com. If all this happens, I know the fans couldn't complain about not getting enough sneak peeks.

6. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    If all this happens, I know the fans couldn't complain about not getting enough sneak peeks.

A lot of the film might be spoiled...but they can't complain ;)

7. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I doubt we'll get a 5th trailer. The full one before the movie is all we'll get, not counting all the TV spots. There's just not enough story to go around without having the whole movie in a series of trailers.

8. Ki-Edi-Mundi

Ki-Edi-Mundi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2000
    I just noticed last night that Fox's animated movie Ice Age is due out on March 15. With TPM's being released on March 11, and AOTC's first teaser coming out on Monster's Inc., I'd place my money on the next trailer coming out in front of this one.

9. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    um.. is there another trailer coming out on march?? atleast thats what I thought i heard it somewhere... Any thoughts??

10. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes, there is another trailer in March. It is the full-length "theatrical" trailer. It will be longer than all the other trailers.

11. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    It will come out in late March if not early April. Expect to see some sort of description of it in early March. But until then.....

12. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
  13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Who wants 2 trailers in March?

Vote now!

14. jedimaster chris

jedimaster chris Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 1999
    2 trailers in march????
    you can count my vote!!!

15. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    Two trailers? Nah, not that close to the movie's release. It ain't going to happen.

16. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    Hi! Can anyone send me a low-res version of Forbidden love? Can't find a download, movie-list.com only has a 22mb version. Please pm me if so!

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Alright, I'm revising my trailer schedule to be more accurate. Technically, Choices was the first trailer... an exclusive from the DVD-Rom website at the end of October. Additionally, this exclusive website had Mystery in November. And finally, as you all know, Breathing and Forbidden Love were the regular theater trailers that also showed up on Starwars.com.

So, we know that we have a full trailer coming up in March. Wouldn't it make sense to also have a DVD-Rom website exclusive full trailer as well? That way, there would be three exclusive trailers, and three regular trailers. A total of 6 trailers... 2 trilogies of trailers!

It has got to happen!

18. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    That's overkill, me thinks.

19. Phantom_Catfish

Phantom_Catfish Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Well, what are some scenes that we could see that wouldnt really spoil us. They could use some more of the Coursant chase, Asteroid chase, and Jango Obi duel. Thy have shown that stuff already. A couple of more scenes wouldnt hurt. I feel like Dooku will have a little time in the trailer as well since that he was in LOTR, people will want to see him in AOTC if the show him in the official trailer.

20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Methinks they want to take advantage of this DVD-Rom website. They haven't done much with it except these trailers. They've only done teaser trailers on there so far, so I think they will be doing a full one too.

I definitely think we will get more Dooku in this one. It will focus on the most fan-favorite elements... we haven't seen any Arena battle with 200 Jedi flailing about, we haven't seen any attacking clones, and there's always room for more Jango. Oh, and maybe just a glimpse of Yoda with his lightsaber... they don't even have to show him fighting Dooku... maybe just him standing with his saber.

21. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    I wouldn't call "Mystery" a teaser.
    "Breathing" was a teaser; "Mystery" was a trailer.

22. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    If you're not aware of it GriffZ, Forbidden Love is even considered a teaser. "And remember, on November 16, the full teaser trailer for Attack of the Clones hits starwars.com and in theaters along with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone."

As far as spoilers, I don't think George cares much anymore. Josh Griffin listed a short list of things Lucasfilm doesn't want to reveal, but it seems everything else is fair game. I mean, they're officially revealing all the beast toys on Starwars.com in plain view and I thought we'd have to wait to see those in the theaters.

23. MousebotX

MousebotX Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2002
  24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    For my 5000th post. I wanted to post in the first thread i ever posted in. But it was locked. So I went to the second thread I ever posted in... but it was locked also. This is about the 4th thread i've ever posted in.

Now i am in disbelief that I actually said the work chakra while making a comment to plo by plo of all people.

How far i've come......

25. Republic_Clone_4

Republic_Clone_4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2001
    And we love you for it, HLS. Congrats. :)

I can't believe this thread survived!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.