main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Best Part of My Life

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arctic_Wolf, Jan 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arctic_Wolf

Arctic_Wolf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2000
    The Best Part of My Life *AU*
    Author: Arctic Wolf
    Rating: G
    Archive: Just tell me where
    Disclaimer: I own none of the characters in this fic, and I am making no money from it.
    Special thanks goes to Peta Noonan for beta reading this fic. Hope you enjoy.

Data Entry: The Best Part of My Life
    20:00 hrs.
    As I look back on my life, one period of time out shines all others. It was a time I would not trade for anything. The time I speak of is the time that Obi-Wan Kenobi was my padawan.
    I will admit in the beginning it was anything but smooth sailing. As I think back I can only wonder what made me think I could prevent something that the force was clearly willing to happen. What was I thinking to turn down the opportunity to teach and learn from such a promising Jedi initiate? It took him to be willing to give his life for mine and countless others.
    But I thought my fears were solidified after Melida/Daan. Was I ever wrong. Master Tahl is probably somewhere in the force laughing at me saying*I TOLD YOU SO*. Yes Tahl, you were right that the bond that was broken could be mended and made stronger with time and patience.
    Officially I may have been the master and teacher, but I learnt so much from Obi-Wan and will continue to do so. Which is a point he would probably make some wry remark about or debate with me, but it is a fact that I know is true.
    But right now he can't argue with me, he is off on a mission with Anakin, while I sit here reminiscing. Force how I wish I could be there with them, but I must sit here and heal. Physically I am on the mend, but mentally I feel broken, not totally whole. One may say that I am refusing to acknowledge that I feel this way, this empty feeling, because Obi-Wan's now a knight, and that I need to move on But how does one move on?
    Obi-Wan was my third apprentice. My first one successfully became a knight, and moving on after that was hard, but nothing compared to this. My second apprentice turned to the dark side, something I blamed on myself for many years. He was the main reason I hesitated in taking Obi-Wan as my apprentice. I was afraid of giving my all, heart and soul, to another just to get burned. I am glad I took Obi-Wan as my padawan and can't help but think I should have taken him earlier, but one can't change the past.
    It is because of his undying loyalty and caring for me that I survived my last mission to Naboo. There I was dealt what should have been a fatal blow from a mysterious warrior that was bested by my padawan, my son. Because of what he accomplished on Naboo, he is now my equal. A Jedi Knight. Nevertheless, I will still look at him as my son. Though not of my blood, he will always be my son.
    Once he returns with a with that hyperactive child, who reminds me of a young Obi-Wan, I will aid in his training of Anakin. He will have his troubles and questions, but just as he has always been here for me, I will be here for him. It's the least I can do for someone who has saved my life in more than one way and more than once. For that I am forever grateful.
    -Master Qui-Gon Jinn signing off.

2. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
    very nice, Arctic :) Qui-Gon lives!!

Yay, I still think he won't die everytime I watch TPM ;)

I liked how he compared young Anakin to young Obi-Wan :)

aa :)

3. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    This is such a great insight into Qui-Gon's thoughts. I look forward to more of your work. Up so others can read this!

(it's me Peta btw, *g*)

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I love this!! :)

5. Arctic_Wolf

Aug 19, 2000
    Thank you all for your replies. I may continue this is some form or fashion, or I just might turn this into a round robin? Till then up you go!

6. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Nice writing, Arctic_Wolf! Love all the insight on Qui's inner musings!

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    YES!!! I'm all for Qui-Gon living after Naboo. It was GL worst mistake!

Wonderful post Artic Wolf. I hope you do more on this AU theme.

8. Arctic_Wolf

Aug 19, 2000
    Thanks Healer Leona! I may write 2 or 3 more like this and post them here. But I don't think they will be from Qui-Gon's POV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.