main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Book of Paths: An Uncertain Path - Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by red rose knight, Sep 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    :: gulp! ::

One more post? I guess I can hold on until the sequal comes out. It'll be worth the wait, because you're terrific. The writing is amazing, just the simple yet somehow significant writing. Is there a way to get notified for the sequel?? I don't want to miss a word!! I'm glad I joined onto this ship when I did, this is great fun.

Perhaps even, one day Obi-Wan will deal with things one at a time and come to the Bridge over the river Qui. :) I just thought of that when you were talking of bridges. Things are beginning to look up in this story...

2. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Whoa. Somehow you create the perfect mood for the posts. It's not just the words but the "spaces between them" if that makes any sense. Wonderful post.

I can't believe it's practically over. You know that teaser is really only going to torture us more, don't you? :D

3. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Just think of it like someone describing to you what is happening in the Mystery trailer because you don't have a DVD.

These are in no particular order, I just mixed them around so there wouldn't be similar scenes together.

To Walk A Deadly Path

A cool rain fell in a poorly lit shanty town.

Bright flashes of blaster fire suddenly tear through the old buildings.

An old man lay dying. Water and blood mixed in his gray fur. His voice heard just above the falling rain. With his dying breath he whispered, "Assassins. Everywhere. Must stop them. Kill Palpatine."

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine was sitting on a couch in his office facing Senator Amidala. She is elegantly dressed. Her voice is strong and formal, "The secessionists?"

"Let us not speak of politics," Palpatine begged. "I want to hear of home."

A small, heavy cannon cruiser appeared outside the grand office?s windows. Cannons opened fire.

Palpatine grabbed Amidala and raced her to cover as the room exploded.

Bali is asleep, face down in his folded up cloak. There is a small cut along the padawan?s right temple. Obi-Wan knelt next to the sleeping boy and gently checked the wound. Irritably Bali reached out and pushed Obi-Wan?s hand back. "Go away, Master," the boy tiredly grumbled. "Sleeping."

Palpatine?s shattered office is full of heavily armed guards and portable shield generators. Palpatine, several assistants, Amidala and her entourage, several senators and members of the Jedi Council as well as Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan and Bali are present.

Mace Windu addressed the crowd. "These assassinations are tearing the Republic apart."

Palpatine quickly added, "And turning sentiments against you Jedi." He then studied the crowd around him. "These are dangerous times we live in."

On the rooftop of a building Obi-Wan is engaged in a fierce battle. The blue of his saber clashed violently against the flaming red of Darth Vengier?s weapon. Obi-Wan is driven by the black masked figure precariously close to the edge.

Bali slowly withdrew, holding his green lightsaber up defensively as a menacing figure in black approached.

A circular room lit by the flames of a brilliant funeral pyre. Licks of red and orange danced across Anakin?s face. Tears welled in his eyes. Amidala, the only other person, wrapped herself around his arm.

Obi-Wan, Bali, Bant and her padawan sit at a table in the cafeteria sharing lunch. Bali looked curiously up at Obi-Wan. "What did that woman mean when she said you would be good in--"

"She meant nothing," Obi-Wan said firmly, quickly cutting off the question.

Bant?s eyes lit up as she planted her elbows on the table. A big grin. "Oh please, do tell." She started laughing. "In what? I?m so curious."

Obi-Wan growled. "Bant."

Bant just smiled. "I happen to enjoy it when you turn that particular shade of red." Then she turns her attention to Bali who is still sitting there with a questioning look on his face. "Was she cute?

The boy shrugged. "I don?t know but she sure liked Master."

Darth Sidious, accompanied by Darth Vengier walk along a balcony overlooking the brightly lit Coruscant below.

Sidious turned to the masked apprentice. "I want Obi-Wan Kenobi dead."

The Sith?s mechanical voice hissed. "I will not fail you, my lord."

Fires buredn in Anakin's eyes as Qui-Gon stormed off. Moving faster than could be registered, a tightened fist flew toward the unsuspecting Obi-Wan. The Jedi twisted, sidestepping the devastating blow and with blinding speed grasped Anakin's wrist. Lightning quick reflexes twisted the young man around making him cry out in surprise. The flash of pale blue eyes as Obi-Wan barked, "You may be powerful but you have no control over yourself. You will be the death of us all!"

Obi-Wan is in a standoff with Darth Vengier. The dark lord slowly removed his mask. Cruel laugh

4. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!

Are you trying to torture us? And we have to wait a couple weeks before you start posting this? :mad: What, you think we wouldn't read the next one without that? That was not fair. Like I didn't have enough problems with the daily posts, now I have to wait for the next story with that on my mind.

~Swede :p

5. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    HOLY SHNIKIES!!!! The post was fabulous! The symbolism of the rock is perfect. I am both anxious and sad to see the last post tomorrow. I hope it's early, I have to go out of town at 3:00 PST and won?t be home until late.... I don't think I could stand it if I have to wait until Friday for the conclusion.

Those teasers.....WOW.... I will be a babbling idiot waiting for you to start posting again. I have a question re: the teasers, I think someone mentioned that you are writing 3 sequels, are these scenes from all 3 or just the next book. Of course that you are writing 3 books may only be wishful thinking on my part.

I hope I have already said this but if not, THANK YOU.. THANK YOU.. THANK YOU for writing such a wonderfully entertaining story. You have given this Star Wars (Obi in particular, as if you couldn?t tell) fan many hours of enjoyment as I have read and re-read this story several times.

Don't forget there will be many an "AUP" addict going through sever withdrawal and you will be our only hope..... write fast :D :D

6. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh god...how am I ever going to survive the wait! Well, if Obi-Wan could live in the desert of Tatooine for 20 years(in the "real" SW universe anyway), I guess I can live for a few weeks without your stories. :D

Those are incredible and very intriguing.

I wonder what Obi-Wan would be good in... ;)

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    :eek: That sounds so COOL! :D

8. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Holy smackeronie !!

(gee, haven't used that expression in years!!)

Anyways, I love that last post!! THe emotions were perfect and so darn natural!!

And gosh...the TEASER???? I think we should relable that as "TORTURE". IT is just pure torture trying to piece the fragments together to get a complete picture. You know I WANT MORE !!!

Sorrie, I would write more but I have to study for the very very very last final!!! Just one more!!!

Knight_Obi

9. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Saints preserve us! That was great! So is the story done until the next book? Aw... ((sniff))

Oh, as someone said, if Obi could live in the desert for ungodly years, I can wait.

At least for a while...

10. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    HOLY MOLY :eek:

11. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    [face_shocked] :_| no posts...for weeks?! After roping us in and entrancing us, u r gonna leave us for WEEKS?!
    ok, I'm going to mull over the teaser trailer, and wring all I can out of it. I wasn't going to forgive Qui until he gave an apology...and I -suppose- I'll forgive him now.
    I'll just have to dislike Palpatine instead :D
    (mutters) weeks - and this after c/w...

12. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Last post.

:(

I just want to thank everyone for reading and for all of the wonderful feedback.

I don't know exactly when the next book will be up other than in a couple weeks.

Keep an eye out for a story called:

To Walk A Deadly Path

Or you can check over at Knight_Obi's speculation thread. I'm sure there will be mention when the fic goes up.

Well, I hope this last one satisfactorily ties up the story.

:D

13. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    The Book of Beginnings

"Ready?" Obi-Wan asked of the small boy standing next to him in the hall.

"Yes, Master," Bali said quickly, willingly. All his short life had been building up to that moment. Tightening his grip on the strap of his bag he glanced up at Jedi?s expressionless mask. Worried green eyes brightened at the sight of a little smile that crept up on his new master.

Obi-Wan quickly stilled his features but could not help himself and delighted the padawan again with a real grin. "Are we going to just stand out here all day?"

After a moment of confusion, Bali brightened and palmed the door open. A soft swoosh and the new home was revealed. The boy leaned forward slightly studying the sight.

With the help of a firm hand to push him forward, Bali entered his new home. Big green eyes studied the plain walls and the window that stared back towards the center of the massive temple.

Bali let out an excited gasped as he dropped his bag of belongings in the center of the room and he bolted to the window. "I can see the reflection tower from here," was the happy squeal. The small form twisted, taking in the entire sight. His mouth dropped open as he spied the small kitchenette. Immediately he crawled up on one of the stools before the counter that divided the little service area from the common room. "Does this mean we have to cook our own meals?"

"You can still eat in the cafeteria if you want too."

The boy twisted in his seat and gave Obi-Wan a skeptical cook. "Can you cook?"

"I?m not really sure."

"I like the cafeteria," Bali replied as he climbed down from the high stool and continued to search the other corners of the room.

Obi-Wan just stood there inside the doorway watching Bali scamper about new apartment. Absently he searched the pouch on the side of his utility belt like he had done a thousand times. Except this time there was something there.

The excited little boy was forgotten as the Jedi pulled out the river stone and held it in the light. The red veins shimmered as he gently tilted it in his palm. His thumb traced the crooked line in the stone.

Why had Qui-Gon given it back?

There was warmth in the stone, or maybe it was just his hand that had heated it. The surface glowed as he lightly tightened his grip over it. He studied the deep fissure that scarred the stone, wondering briefly how it had been wounded.

A small sound brought Obi-Wan back to the moment.

Bali?s exploration of the common room had ended and he was watching intently. "Master?"

"Yes, Padawan?" Obi-Wan smiled at the ease of speaking that one word.

"Are you all right?"

A gentle nod as he folded the stone into his palm. He craved its familiarity. Turning his attention back to the boy, he asked, "What do you think so far?"

"I like it," came a very pleased voice.

Then Bali turned his attention to the little hall that held the sleeping quarters and the refresher. Big green eyes turned back to Obi-Wan as if unsure what to do next.

Without hesitation, Obi-Wan scooped up the bag Bali had discarded in his excitement and carried it into the smaller of the two sleeping quarters.

Bali followed and immediately flopped down on the sleep couch. "This is better than the bunks in the dorms." He smashed a small fist into the firm pallet roll. "Softer too."

Obi-Wan couldn?t help the smile as he pulled the desk chair around to face the small boy. He had felt the same sense of wonder when he was first introduced to his new living quarters with Qui-Gon. "I promise I will see you through to your knighting," he said absently as he placed the river stone back in the pouch on his utility belt.

"Master?" Bali asked, not sure if the remark was entirely meant for him.

Shaking off the thought Obi-Wan reached out and gently turned the boy?s head. "There is something else we need to take care of."

The boy sat perfectly still as Obi-Wan straightened the little tuft of dark hair that would become the base of his padawan braid.

From a concealed place in the kn

14. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    "Can you cook?"

"I'm not sure"
    LOL!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Does Obi personally know the new Sith apprentice? Or is it Anakin? Cause in the treaser it sounded like he had known the person at one time.............

It's OVER?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? But.....It can't be!!!!!!!!!! :_| And we have to wait a few weeks for the next one? :_| :_| :_| :_|

15. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    OMG it's over! :(

What a fantastic story RRK. I'm thrilled to know there will be another story for this. :)

......Tries not to fall off computer chair when reading the next story is still afew weeks away

16. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    AWWWWW [face_love]

A gentle nod as he folded the stone into his palm. He craved its familiarity.

I loved it.

That post brought tears to my eyes, although not cry. It was so good. I love Bali. I love how he is so protective over his Master and I love how Obi is so protective over his Padawan.

I can't wait for the sequel RRK. I know it is going to be great, just like this story.

17. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Awww...

Wow, it's finally over. Now I have to go through withdrawl. :(

Anyhoo, you know what I think of this story. And I already ranted and raved about the up coming one, so that's about all. :D

~Swede :p

18. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :eek: It's... over... :eek:

I must say, RRK, that this has got to be one of the most amazing, wonderful, emotional, supurb, and simply excellent stories I have ever read. Thank you so much for writing and posting it here! :D

Awww... Obi isn't sure if he can cook or not... :p ;) :D

I'm looking forward to To Walk A Deadly Path! :D

19. TheFallen

Nov 27, 2001
    Over! Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu... SEQUEL! That's what will hold me over until this madness of inbetween is over!

Great story overall.. (( applaudes wildly with the rest of them ))

20. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    So, Qui-Gon doesn't die, does he???
    I mean, we haven't even gotten any mush yet!

OH THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL!

21. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    It's....over. I can't believe it.

That was a really beautiful ending. And it's interesting that we find(at least I don't recall it's being mentioned before) that Obi-Wan didn't even realize the stone had been broken, because as he notices the fissure he wonders how it had been wounded. It kind of makes the symbolism more powerful.

22. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    See...I'm dedicated !! Even though I have limited time on hand now, I still gotta go back and read the last post to AUP!!!

It's hard to believe it's REALLY over. It really seemed like yesterday it got started and we all wanted to throw pitchforks at insensitive Qui. Sigh.

Trying very very hard to keep the anxiety down while waiting for the next installment

And of COURSE: BIG THank You To RRK for her time in writing this wonderful fic for everyone of us to enjoy. :)

Knight_Obi

23. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    NOOOOO!!! It's over!!! *Starts screaming hysterically*

:D ;) :p

Thank you for torturing us with the 'teaser' :D, and thank you for a terrific story!

x Clare x

24. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    *applause* GREAT fic RRK and I can't wait for the next one! :D

25. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Fabulous Red..... A perfect ending to a wonderful story!!!!

The wait for the next story is going to be pure he!!. All I had to do was wait a day to read this last post and it was torture.

I am going to have to give some real thought as to what I would like to see for these guys and respond to KO's speculation thread... a great idea BTW. Of course what I want to see happen wont really change what Red does, all though so far everything has been exactly what I wanted :D :D

Now off to try and control my anxiety waiting for more :_| [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.