main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Character Designers Guild

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Rayson, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    The whole character analysis was really superb, but there was a possibility I wanted to raise here.

The first is very small-scale repulsorlifts. Like this one:

[image=http://www.legalmoviesdownloads.com/still-frames-movie-pictures/star-wars-episode-ii-attack-of-the-clones/star-wars-episode-ii-attack-of-the-clones-12-samuel-l-jackson-ewan-mcgregor-mace-windu-obi-wan-kenobi-.jpg]

Now, that might be just a cool ride that Yoda's got because he's nine hundred years old, but if it was onscreen, there's an established precedent for it. This is one way for the Hutt Jedi to get around on a daily basis. Of course, one can always start resorting to really weird stuff.

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Brand's suit is basically the same principal, as is Maw's, like, torso. (Unless you buy the Force flight thing...)

Combine that with this and you get this: =P~

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    In the Dark Empire comic series, when Han and Leia are being chased through the streets of Nar Shadaa by bounty hunters, there is a Hutt on a repulsor sled that gets hit by a stray blaster bolt.
    One would be too big for most staircases, but it would definitely ease a lot of everyday transport problems.

4. Phantasmagoria

Phantasmagoria Jedi Knight

Dec 4, 2007
    If you think about it, the Star Wars universe doesn't seem very Hutt-friendly. Even if most Hutts use some sort of repulsorlift system for getting around- not just to solve the accessibility problem, but frankly, because Hutts are just plain slow movers- there are still many thin ramps, inaccessible stairways, undersized elevators, and narrow doorways.

I like to imagine that the Republic has instituted some sort of Americans With Disabilities Act equivalent and somewhere offscreen there are giant doors to accommodate Hutts and other large sentients, just as there are usually ramps somewhere on public buildings to accomodate the wheelchair-bound, even if they aren't necessarily apparent from the front of the building.

5. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    I'm bored. Single sentence character concepts... GO!

A necromancer who works to create an all-undead musical- the skeleton chorus line is to die for.

An eternally reincarnated wizard who feels compelled to find new books for his library, but doesn't remember where it is.

A barber on Kashyyyk whose earnings aren't nearly enough to cover the amount of work he does.

A modern day vampire hunter who is deeply suspicious of goths.

A sky pirate who'd rather be a merchant, but cities keep shooting down his airship and his only means of trade involves boarding other vessels.

6. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    A lonely vampire with a collection of dolls because they're the only things that don't set off his bloodlust.

A warrior of justice whose crusade keeps him far from home, thus surprising him when he finds his neglected son at the head of an enemy army.

A musical artist whose songs contain messages critical of Palpatine when played backwards- unfortunately, the Inquisition does not accept his explanation that it is an accident.

A dragonborn ranger who fights with a flaming sword and trident, who doesn't understand while no one in the party will have dinner with him.

A bard whose music makes others follow him as he leads whole villages into large choreographed dance numbers.

7. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    (No, you don't have to come up with many concepts at once).

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    A dragonborn ranger who fights with a flaming sword and trident, who doesn't understand while no one in the party will have dinner with him.

Neither do I. WHY?

Err, not why don't I understand; why doesn't any member of his party want to eat with him?

So, you want us to write a single line containing a character type and a situation that he finds himself in.

A Sentinel who normally guards the Emperor's clone vats on Byss, finds himself unwittingly replicating a scene out of American Pie 3: The Wedding, in an Echo Base broom cupboard with a female wampa, because *****'s *****.

I was thinking that up anyway for the Lightsabre Tournament.

9. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    A Sith who loves his children, slowly turning into monsters

A Jedi with a sexual obsession for a smuggler

An old, dirty Cowboy who is hunting "evil beings" . . . for the GM to decide if they are real or not

10. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    It's a man-sized lizard with pointed teeth who fights with a knife and fork. What do you think it eats? (Obvious Answer: Anything it wants)

Anyways, the point here is that you're supposed to create something interesting in only a sentence or two. You're conveying a concept. A character design you'd like to play, read about, or use as an NPC. Thus, I don't think your attempt is quite what we're going for. Though if it is a defining character you'd like to play, read about, or use as an NPC... good job, I guess?

Anyways, there are many ways of doing this.

As you've said, you can do a character + situation concept.
    A bard, exiled from a city after using illusions to create a musical remix of the ruler's latest insane decree.

You can use character + personality.
    A Sith Lord who believes she's a magical princess on a mission to bring love and joy to the world, solving all of her problems with lightning.

You can use character + ambition.
    After his father told him that a man can only claim what he has the strength to protect, the young warrior concluded that the only reasonable option was to try to take over the world.

You can even use dialogue, such as first person.
    "Even second-class scum like me have a single right- the right to challenge the top."

Or second person.
    "You're a loose cannon who plays by his own rules... we don't have room for that here, I'm kicking you out of the kitchen."

Point is, do something interesting.

11. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    A self-taught wizard whose staff has a higher hit rate than his spells.

A remote Jedi ale-brewing monastery sends out its master brewer to fight for peace, justice and better alcohol.

A synthdroid seized by the Coruscant Vice Squad becomes re-programmed as its newest recruit.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think that Hutts can compete in the Intergalactic Women's Gymnastics."

When he died, Lord Bluestone left his vast fortune to his only niece- provided that she used it to defend the world from supernatural phenomena. Problem is, no-one but him believes that the world needs defending from quite that angle.

An actor droid from a canceled police procedural holovid breaks out of storage and sets about ridding its homeworld of criminals- pulp-noir style.

A vampire doctor who obsessively researches his 'condition', desperate for a cure.

(Okay, so one of them was two sentences but I couldn't squeeze it down!)

12. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    An Imperial Bureau of Culture representative who just can't bring himself to shut down a playwright's seditious, anti-Palpatine work because of its sheer beauty.

13. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    That´s a good one o_O

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
  15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    A ninety-foot high Arakyd security probot, who wants to visit a cop bar.

16. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    A one-legged diminutive Wookiee who only ever wanted to be a hoodrat for his friends.

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    A Naboo pundit trying to convince Luke Skywalker to accept his place among the Naboo nobility and run for King.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    A New Republic jawa pilot, operating a rescue shuttle during the Yuuzhan Vong wars

19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    A Sith of the KOTOR Era who always wanted to be trained as a Jedi, but was born on Korriban

A Jedi of the Kotor Era who always wanted to be a Sith, ubt was born on Dantooine.

20. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Cupid decides to get with the times, finds a rifle and a clocktower.

A golem animated with a fragment of a sword that captures souls, suffers frequent bouts of identity disorder.

A 200 foot tall radioactive lizard who can't really be a baker like he wants, but shows up whenever people try to set the world record for largest pizza pie.

An archlich who lives in the basement of his mother's tower, using illusions to confound any scrying attempts he detects. (His mother is undead as well).

The Silver Skater, an urban crime-fighter with kickin' roller blades and a Super Senta-esque costume.

A costumed werewolf whose battlecry is "In the name of the moon, I will punish you!"

A vampire whose late hours and anti-social personality are explained by the fact that he works for tech support.

Plant Surge and , a winning combination.

"You'd think my spider rodeo would be more popular."

"Some days, you just can't get rid of a baby."

21. Mango_Salsa

Mango_Salsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    A dwarven Wookie who is constantly mistaken for an Ewok.

22. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    A roleplayer whose posts become reality, but he never realizes it . . . because he never leaves his parent´s basement.

23. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    A Sith Lord who hosts the SW equivalent of Blue's Clues.

A Jedi who is a Liberal.

-B-

24. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    ... That is actually a very cool idea. :D

25. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    A man who has trained his fighting prowess to the point where he can cut a loaf of bread with his bare hands.

A note which reads "tell me what troubles you, and there will be justice."

A self-dubbed "Shadow of Justice" who digs up evidence in the underworld, challenging criminals to games using cards upon which the evidence is pictured.

A paladin who wishes to be the model of a chivalric knight, but is easily confused by and somewhat afraid of females.

"No, I'm pretty sure you can't become nobility by besting one in a duel."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.