main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Old Title Was Way Too Long: USMNT/MLS Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth McClain, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    13 games is just about the middle of the pack. A lot of teams have more. I think you are just mad that the Crew only have three. Bottom line is people pay attention to the Timbers because Portland is so passionate about soccer. Of course the MLS is going to want to show a full stadium of people cheering and chanting. It's only good for the league.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Not really. I know the Crew aren't a national brand for MLS. Don't expect them to be highly promoted. On the Portland thing ... kind of surprised that one of the three NBC games is Timbers-Galaxy. That's what miffs me and makes we wonder what has them so high on the national TV list.

3. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    The Timbers Army. Flat out. Having a crowd on National television with that much passion and involvement is just good for the league and for the sport in the US and the MLS knows that.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    SkySports is reporting Agudelo is about to complete a moved to Celtic. Good move for him.

5. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Who is moving where?

6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Juan Agudelo, youngest goal scorer in USMNT history, is likely headed to Scottish Giant Celtic.

7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Stuart Holden will be in the squad for Bolton tomorrow for their FA Cup game. :D

Not getting hopes up for any kind of national team appearance any time soon. But just having him back on the pitch for competitive soccer is awesome.

8. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That's great! It'd be really nice to have him fit for the Hex.

9. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Denver got the game on March 22. I am so stoked. And, I've already got the day off from work. Hells yes!

10. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Awesome! That's sweet!

11. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Stoked that Alex Morgan was picked by the Portland Thorns.

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Call me sexist, but I just cannot bring myself to care about women's soccer.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I wouldn't call it sexist. Women's soccer has a different flavor than men's. I enjoy both, but can see where some would enjoy one but not the other.

MLS Super Draft is today. I feel like as a super fan of MLS I should care about it. A lot. But I kind of feel meh about it.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Rumors are starting up that an EPL club is about to place a bid for Brek Shea. I'd guess West Ham or Fulham, if I had to.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  16. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Oh **** yes, the Timbers got rid of Kris Boyd. Glad to see that lazy sack of **** gone back to Scotland.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah. That's some nice addition by subtraction. Boyd was a bad fit and vastly overrated coming in.

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yeah he was a complete waste of money. It was downright painful sometimes watching him play.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Edit- never mind. Tapatalk failed me.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Jozy netted a hat trick today. None were difficult goals, but still. A hat trick is a hat trick. He and Boyd and finishing so well in league ... if we can find ways to get them service, could be a year huge year for the nats.

21. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    You need to use full names. :p

22. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Jozy Altidore and Terrence Boyd.

You need to keep up with players on the national team. :p

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Shea to Stoke City might be falling apart. From the sounds of it, MLS is not willing to sell at a price Stoke is willing to pay, even if FCD is.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Denver's getting a Gold Cup game, too! [face_dancing]

It probably won't be a USMNT game, but I don't care. That'll be two international competitive men's games (probably three if it's a Gold Cup doubleheader) in my city this year, plus the USMNT game I travel for. This is gonna be an awesome (but expensive) year.

25. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    It's also going to Seattle, for the first time. I hope that it's well received.