main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.5 - Tipping Points - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 24, 2012.

1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The animation studio may not have been included. I'm not sure what all they bought.

2. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    I think we're speaking past each other here. What you wrote above is also a bit contradictory. The anology Seerow and I were making has nothing to do with Ahsoka only being shot once by one barrel versus that of a phalanx, or an armor-piercing round that could still tear a person in half being less powerful than an anti-ship missle, but the comparison in destructive power behind a single projectile. You stated that blasterbolts have higher penetration and velocity, so based on this account Ahsoka should've had more tissue damage than we see, not less considering it came from a source that fires both larger and more powerful bolts. If anything it should've passed completely through her body, but it didn't even damage her enough to temporarily loose use of her arm. I doubt TCW has any military or even physics experts on their staff; only writers, animation, and special effects professionals.

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  3. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    It means there will be a Star Wars Episode 7 sadly.

Paparazzo likes this.
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well spoken, its a comparison of power. At the very least it would be helpful if Ahsoka wore armor. Its not like I've never seen a person get shot by a powerful canon and be relatively okay in fictional before but usually they atleast have armor.

5. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    [​IMG]

Literally

That is... unbelievable. just... no... Star Wars Episode 7? LAME. Lets see how badly they ruin it...

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    PT vs OT becomes Saga vs Post Saga. :p

7. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    Anything that Disney makes I will consider non-canon.

Inblackestnight likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Disney-verse begin.

9. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Is Lucas attempting to unite the fractured SW fanbase in hatred of Disney like Ghengis Khan united the Mongols? [face_skull]

AkashKedavra_93 and Spazmatron like this.
  10. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    We can all finally agree on something!

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't really have an opinion on the Disney business. Not surprised about there being more films. I knew it was going to happen eventually. Granted I was surprised to find out TODAY and see it announced by Lucas HIMSELF. But in the long run I felt it was inevitable once Lucas stepped down or passed away.

Though I'm fairly optimistic about Kathleen Kennedy stepping in. Since it's not here franchise that she created, she might have a deeper respect for it and approach it more like a fan would, rather than treating it as a baby that can be shaped into whatever the parent wants (like Lucas taking it in every which way direction).

No idea how this will impact TCW, though it promises that there will be more in regards to Star Wars television. If anything I'm excited, though only time will tell if that faith is misplaced.

I've got nothing against Lucas personally, and wish him happiness in whatever he does and I DO hope that he is involved in a limited capacity. I just feel he'll take Star Wars in whatever direction he feels like and is kind of schizophrenic with the franchise (with shade of Gene Roddenberry in that kind of endlessly "improving" Star Trek/Wars behavior). I'm optimistic for what an accomplished outsider that serves more as a stewardess to the franchise will do. .

EDIT: moved to social thread.

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Ahsoka has a blaster bolt hole in the back of her shoulder, and there's not a clear shot to tell if it went all the way through.
    [​IMG]

13. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    do not want. :(

14. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012

In the scene when she looks back at Lux you can notice the burnings and Fleshpieces/blood at her Shoulder, where the piercing Blasterbold has left her body.

Her body was to soft to give the blasterbold enouh resistance, so it could not give away all its Power and kinetic energy.

If Blasterbolds hit armor, rocks or droidbodys of steel, they explode and make much more damage than shoting them right through soft bodies..

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Pretty sure that's not how blasters work. "Explosions" don't matter in this situation, damage is damage.

"Woah, why are you wearing that hard, tough armor? You're more likely to get hurt with it than I would with my soft, delicate skin."

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If that's the case the clones ought to just start fighting butt naked.

17. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

It's only capable of firing a round into Ahsoka's shoulder that does less damage than the average blaster sidearm. The best explanation for this is that it's too damaged and incapable of doing anything more.

Seerow and DM99 like this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm sure you and Coric would more than love that, lol.

DM99 likes this.
  19. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    Thanks for the pic rumble. We can clearly see there is only a moderate burn to the skin and small scorch mark on her clothes. When Ahsoka was hit she was facing the 'camera' and we definitely don't see the bolt exiting her front, left shoulder. I realize this is a kid's show but it didn't even cause enough damage to burn off that small area of fabric! Blasterbolts are basically just condensed and superheated energy right, like plasma? It may be more complicated than that but if standard blaster rifles can penetrate clone and droid armor it should be able to pass through flesh like a hot knife through butter, and armor is meant to protect people and things not make them more vulnerable. An object that provides less resistence to a projectile will incur more damage; that's simple physics. If TPTB were going to kill off Steela anyway why wouldn't they simply have the gunship shoot at her instead, since she would be more recognizable to the droids due to her public holo-announcement?

Seerow and QuangoFett like this.
  20. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Tanks using two different style of Amunition. Hardened arrows and explosive Rounds.

If you hit an armored vehicle with an hardened round, it will unload all of its kinetic energy on the armor. The vehicle will be destroyed.

If you fire the same round onto a usual car, than the hardened arrow will pierce the car with a small hole and left it without loosing much of its velocity.

Simple physics and blasters are concentrated particle beam/energy rounds with zero own weight but immense kinetic energy. Even if it is not possible in our world, but in Star Wars its possible,

21. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Troopers dont wear armor against the Blasterbolds. They use that armor against the harsh battlefield conditions and the 1 on 1 fight against the droids. Its like a uniform, not a true balistic vest.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    STOP MAKING ME THINK CRITICALLY ABOUT THIS TOPIC!

:p But you do seem to be missing my point. I don't know about you, but a blaster shot is a harsh battlefield condition. Besides, you said yourself "if blasterbolds hit armor...they explode". (yes, I quoted the spelling error) Then you tell me about tank ammunition, which does not figure into this situation, since A) it's not a tank here, it's a gunship and B) we see the shot, and it's low-caliber.

Also, it's not real life it's SW. And yeah, that kinda destroys my original argument as well. Clone trooper armor is designed to withstand both the conditions you mentioned and blaster shots.

And cool, no ninja posts, what with the boards exploding today and yesterday.

23. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012

No look again.

The blasterbolt is not the visible light you see. The piercing partical beam round is invisible. Ahsokas Body absorbed the light, but not the Energy beam.

[​IMG]

Her flesh is still burning at the exit point of the particle beam

24. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Calm down, That clones do not wear BALISTIC armor.

Hope you understand now. The Tank was just an example for explanation.

Harsh battlefield condition means throwing yourself on the ground to avoid enemy fire. I have never seen a clone surviving a blasterhit on his "Armor" because there is no balistic vest which can absorb high energy partcle beams and still be small enough to carry them easily. Thats why destroyers using energy shields.

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol the tongue smiley usually means joking abounds.