main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon The Clone Wars Premier

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Colt1326, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    First off, as a Star Wars fan you should know it's Lucasfilm, one word, not plural, etc. ;)

Second, see the darned movie, it's a great film. Yes, it absolutely deserved a theatrical release. It is much more worthy than almost any other movie released this summer. I thought it was one of the summer's better, more fun films, with exceptions like Iron Man, The Dark Knight, and probably Indy 4 thrown in there.

It was supposed to be a present to the fans, a theatrical release to get us excited for the TV series, it's a BONUS. But nothing Lucas can do will ever come across as something for the fans, because someone always makes it out to be just about money, like a guy with $3.5 billion needs another $10 million or $50 million so bad that he wants to ruin his legacy. Suuure, that makes tons of sense. ;)

I think it was fantastic to have a Star Wars feature film sent to theaters!

2. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    We could go into the Clone Wars movie without knowing about the rest of the Clone Wars stories from the 8min-12min TV series, the Clone Wars novels, and Clone Wars comics and know that the Clone Wars movie takes place sometime after EPII, & before EPIII. There will be continuity when all of this is said and done. Plus you have to factor in that the movie is a higher cannon element than books, comics, etc.

I missed seeing the opening crawl though, but liked the idea for the "news flash" reminiscent of the '40's WWII news reels. Or even recaps from "in the last episode, we saw our heroes..." comes from old radio and movies like Flash Gordon, etc. which GL loves. So it doesn't surprise me that those things are reintroduced to a new audience and generations.

The Clone Wars movie works as a feature, and as a TV show pilot but I don't feel "cheated". I would say to go see it in the theater with your family and enjoy seeing something new that's Star Wars. Just because it's animated doesn't change the story at all. I remember watching a particular "TV show pilot" in the theaters long time ago, Battlestar Galatica ring a bell?? [face_thinking] And that too worked as a feature film, but you would call it a "TV show pilot" before the actual TV series came out.

Like it or not, LucasFilms is a business. Business's whole existence is to make $ otherwise they fail.

We could pick apart the movie or enjoy it as something new.

I enjoyed the movie and will go see it again before it leaves the theaters, and buy more toys, books, video games and comics to keep LucasFilms in business. And It also helps the economy.

You could say that you "hope" Lucas gets back to what the OT was like, and "change" the direction you think LucasFilms is going just so that Fans won't give up what they grew up with. Without everything that LucasFilms, ILM, Skywalker Sound, etc. created from the very beginning, you wouldn't be able to see movies like the LOTR trilogy, Harry Potter Series, any Pixar movie, Titanic, etc... So I think a bit of thank you is well deserved to "the maker" for giving you a visual experience to his imagination, his dream, and his Legacy.

Sorry, I'm ranting. Done.

-Eric

3. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Don't listen to me, I'm just a grumpy old man...........you know that I'm 40 these days[face_skull]

[face_chicken] [face_cow][face_clown][face_hypnotized][face_monkey]

Jawa, I thought you were talking about God for a minute there, and not Lucas........or maybe there is no difference.[face_devil] [face_praying][face_devil]

4. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
  5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Oh, there's a difference -- one exists, and one doesn't. Or at least, there's hard proof that one exists and has made a difference in my life, and the other cannot be proven to exist whatsoever and has made no difference. Though one could say the idea that he exists has been a negative in my life, so if anything that makes Lucas quite a bit higher power than god.

6. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I'm confused? Which one exists, and which one doesn't?;)

7. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Crash..... don't feed the animals!

On another note: I finally saw the movie last night and I loved it! Sure there were some minor continuity errors and I can see where some of the banter could get annoying, but over all I loved this movie. It was everything I would have hoped for.

I don't listen to critics. Mostly because their taste is no where near mine personal preferences. If you like Star Wars and you have kids (or a kid mentality), you will appreciate this movie.

- Bill

8. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    OK, well it sounds like a good movie. I will go see it......Just for you Bill. :D

9. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I agree. The movie was good, albeit a few small problems. However, they were very minor little things, and the rest was great.

10. SigmaRue

SigmaRue Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2008
    So I apparently haven't aged a day past ten and I'm just really glad this movie brought about the revival of Star Wars MCDonald's toys. Save for the fact that they're all for the most part bobble heads. I'm going to forgive the Anakin-Ahsoka perv-fest thanks to my Darth Vader-TIE. It even makes noises when you flip the switch and press a button. And Grievous' lightsabers glow, too. :D

I'm going to go be a dork over here now. XD

11. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Don't see it for me... do it for yourself, man! Do it for your family! hehe

- Bill

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Anakin and Ahsoka actually hooked up, he totally cheated on Padme, he has a thing for young aliens. I can't say I blame him, I mean Ahsoka is pretty cute. How old is she supposed to be anyway? The actress who plays her isn't that young, haha.

13. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Oh man, this movie sounds hot !!! I have to see it now.:p

14. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    She is only about 9 years old.

Since she is an alien we can use dog years which would make her 63 so its ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.