main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Dawn of a Mary Sue.. The Bria Tharen HATERS club.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by jewlmc, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    To be picky, in COPL Leia ALMOST dumped him for the NR. Slight difference :)

2. jewlmc

jewlmc Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Ok I'm not going to get into this since this is the Bria hate thread not the COPL hate thread(Hey now THERE is an idea!) BUT...It was NOT written like she was dumping Han over the NR...uh uh...no it was ALL about Fabio aka Wolverton's pet character.

3. Doo-Kimmie

Doo-Kimmie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    ...not the COPL hate thread(Hey now THERE is an idea!)

Very good idea... I know a few people whow would join that particular thread.

4. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    How about a Leia fan thread? :)

5. jewlmc

Oct 29, 1999
    That would be nice. The "What has happened to Leia and how can we get her back?" thread. Kind of like the SOS thread.

6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Cunningham and Allston wrote damn good Leias, IMO

7. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Yeah, after who knows how many EU authors writing her as poorly as possible.

Kathy Tyers actually wrote her pretty well, when she wasn't torturing her, having everyone ignore her so they could devote more time to worshipping Mara, and pointing out how weak she was with the Force. Also, the famous shaving of Leia's head was done because Leia wanted to spend some time with Han. That's a very touching and selfless gesture.

8. Doo-Kimmie

Doo-Kimmie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Yes, we need a Leia devotion thread. A place where we can list all the reasons why Leia rocks (I'm personally up to 4,972 and still climbing... I have pages...).

Cunningham and Allston deserve roses and champagne for how wonderfully they wrote Leia. Both authors seem to actually like the Princess.

9. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Allston deserves roses just for being the best SW author ever. And he wrote Leia well. And he wrote Han well, and Wedge, and Tycho... :p I love Allston.

10. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    OK, can we wrap this conversation up over the course of the next week and gradually move it over to the Haters Community MkII?

All of the Haters threads will be moving in there soon.

11. jewlmc

Oct 29, 1999
    Can I ask why? I'm not trying to be rude but I fear there is too much of a chance in the general haters community that some zelous Bria fans might infect the conversation. And that goes for all hater threads.

Why not just have two threads then? Haters Community and Fan Community. It's only fair...

12. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    DA, are you asking all the fan clubs to wrap up their conversations as well and move to a new general, fan club? If fan clubs ranging from Mara Jade to Cheklev are allowed, why not these hater threads?

Every person has their own opinion and those opinions should all be respected, equally. Just because our opinions on one part of the EU are negative, does that invalidate them? It's insensitive of the mods to try to force all the 'hater' fans into one thread. You're labeling us all as negative fans who can all be thrown together.

I for one don't like bria. But I don't mind Mara at all. I don't want to post in a thread where the other people will be bashing her. But I do want to discuss what I didn't like about bria. This one major thread will become very nasty very quickly as fans will be clashing left and right.

And the haters threads are relatively benign. We're talking about fictional characters, here, not real people like the anti-George Lucas threads. You've never had reason to post here before, DA, because there's never been a problem. We're all good posters who don't violate rules unless disliking one part of the EU is now illegal.

It's a double standard if you merge the haters clubs together and not the fan clubs. There aren't many haters threads anyway. What is the purpose of putting them all together?

I appreciate that you're trying to help the EUC, DA, but please reconsider this decision. It's unfair to us fans who are merely trying to voice our opinions.

13. jewlmc

Oct 29, 1999
    Exactly, There will be ALOT more flaming and poster bashing going on in a combined Haters thread. Too many will clash and it will be ALOT worse. I will admit some Haters threads are excessive. My latest COPL thread being an example but some are just fine and I think the opinions of those posting in it should be respected even if it ruffles a few feathers....believe me more feathers will be ruffled in a combined Hater's community.

14. jewlmc

Oct 29, 1999
    Get your last SHOTS in!

Bria STINKS!!!!

Han NEVER REALLY LOVED HER!!!!

And she NEVER LOVED HAN!

15. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.