main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Emerald City Empire Meet and Greet Thread -- Come Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, the website is up and apparently somebody is looking at 'cause the counter keeps climbing. On top of that, I've made a flyer to post around which has the website address, so hopefully the publicity will generate some interest in our fine group. I figured it'd be nice to have a thread where everyone could introduce themselves and we could make everybody feel welcome. So . . .

Prospective members - Stop by and say hi! Tell us a little about yourself and your love for Star Wars and make yourself comfortable!

Old-timers - It might not hurt to post a little something about yourself to get the ball rolling. Feel free to go with your website profile or try something new.

2. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I'll get us started --

My name is Dalton and I'm your friendly Emerald City Empire Chapter Rep. I guess if you have any questions, you can send them to me.

I got hooked on Star Wars as a kid in 1977. I first saw it at the Turnage in downtown Washington. I quickly became a sucker for the figures and vehicles, staging various scenarios in my yard, under my bed, in the kitchen sink, in my clubhouse, and anywhere my imagination would play. I had intense dogfights in my bedroom while the Star Wars soundtrack played on the record player and then I'd use that record to try and force a homecourt advantage when having trading card negotiations with my friends and family in my room.

Today, I'm married, have a couple of kids, and still enjoy Star Wars. I still do some collecting, but it is pretty specific, and frankly when you have kids, you'll figure out where the money goes first. I'm not a prequel basher, but I honestly enjoyed the OT better. Chalk that up to being a kid and the nostalgia I guess. I'm looking forward to the new TV shows with guarded optimism.

When not dabbling in Star Wars, you may find me at a poker table, watching Carolina basketball or Panthers football, checking out UFC on Spike or watching old school pro wrestling tapes. But honestly, I can watch just about any sports. I also enjoy fiddling with video production equipment.

3. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    I am The_Green_Ranger, and used to be known as Boba_Fett_of_Nine, AKA Robby. I am also a member of the 501st Legion as a Stormtrooper, and hope to one day have a Palpatine costume, as he is my favorite Sith Lord. (from the movies)

I got into Star Wars later than most members, it was in 1998 that I finally sat down to watch the original trilogy on Sci-Fi. I never watched it, cause I was a hardcore Star trek fan and never thought "it would live up." Well I am glad I got over it, cause I was instantly hooked and still love it to this day.

In 2003, I got hooked into the Fanforce after seeing that Greenville actually had their own forum. Another member had left their cell phone number, and even though the number wasn't directed to me, I wanted to call and try and get into the group. Then over the phone, I met Jedi_Master_Kel and he was telling me about Imperial Quarter Masters II. We talked a few times over the next few days and over the phone he introduced me to Kevin G. (Q_of_the_Continuum) (RIP). Kevin was going and he offered to take me cause I didn't have my licence. It took place in Raleigh. There I met Janers and Natalie and several other Fanforcers in the Raleigh area. At the convention, I also got my first exposure to the 501st. I had no idea people were walking around in movie accurate costumes, and it was so very exciting. Jane was getting ready to join and already knew some members, so she explained it all to me. Well long story short, the next year, I used my tax return to buy a set of armor for myself. A few months later I got the helmet and Kevin H. (Jedi_Master_Kel) helped me assemble it. Although I have only been able to use it once yet, it's a thrill to put it on and become a Stormtrooper. I hope to proudly wear it many more times soon.

My other interests include Star Trek, video games, family/friends, internet community, and I am going to soon be attending school for filmmaking, and wanna try and make some small films in preperation, and because it's fun.

4. Jedi_528

Jedi_528 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    Well, if anyone is still around I just wanted to say Hi! I am new to North carolina and have been hanging with the charlotte Fan force, but shortly I will be closer to Greenville as I am moving (again!!) Anyway, been a fan since 1977 but only recently got back into the whole SW saga (2003). Hope to meet up with more fan force groups and 'broaden my horizons'!

5. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    welcome to the boards! Yes, we've been kinda dead lately, and haven't had a meeting since July. Some stuff happened around that time and from there we've had a lot of trouble pulling together a meeting. Now that the holidays are coming, we need to try and pull one together or we won't be able to for the rest of the year. If you are on myspace, we have a myspace that I run, (even though it's for our group as a whole.)

http://www.myspace.com/emeraldcityempire

Once again, welcome and hope we can communicate more!

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, we are still around. We just haven't met up lately. Personal obligations and all that stuff. You know how it is. I'm hoping we can still get our annual "toy thing" lined up - whether it's the Ronald McDonald House again, someone from the Angel Tree, Toys 4 Tots, whatever. But when you get to G'ville, definitely let us know! We're far from defunct; I'd chalk it up more to hibernation and I'm looking forward to getting the ball rolling again in the new year.

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Didn't know where to post this so I figured I'd just put it here. How is everyone doing over here in the Emerald Empire? You headed to C4, Dal? Big nada for me. :( Our board, and our group as a whole, has really slipped. Lots of reasons and theres no use in bringing our baggage over here. Hope all of you guys have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

8. arissiafett

arissiafett Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2007
    Hello! I'm Mary and has been living in greenville all my life. I love star wars! Saw the movie when it first came out in 1977. Wasn't into collecting then, but I am now! Mostly collect the hallmark ornaments. I'm hoping they will make a Palpatine one or either Bail Organa.

Other interests include, POTC, LOTR, Harry Potter, Transformers, family, reading, piano.

9. Cydon

Cydon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2006
    !!!! How dare you use Seattle's Emerald Squadron name! Nah, just kidding.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Hello arrisiafett - As you can see, our activity has slowed down pretty significantly. The real world just seems to interfere on the fun stuff sometimes. I also think interests ebbs and flows in here based alot on what's going on in the world of Star Wars. Glad to see there's another SW fan in the area to help breathe a little life in here though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.