main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The **Emerald City Empire** Social Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well my 7-year wedding anniversary was last Monday and coupled with Father's Day last Sunday, it was a pleasant couple of days for this Jedi Master. I still can't used to the whole Father's Day thing though. It just seems so "old" to me - kind of like something I shouldn't be doing yet. Either way, my wife got me a kick-@ss set of clay poker chips for our anniversary and my daughter got me The A-Team: Season 1 DVD set for Father's Day. Ironically she got me something I probably won't watch in front of her. I know it's popcorn violence to us, but I don't know how a 2-year old looks at it.

2. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    She'd probably run around saying "I pitty the fool" or "succa!"

Actually, that would be kind of funny.

I know for Christmas, Alex got me the box set of Battle Star Galactica. He's seen a couple of them and thinks it's Star Wars. What can I say, the kid loves SciFi.

Have a great one,

JMK

3. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I just picked up Chappelle Show: Season 1 Uncensored. Suddenly The A-Team seems really tame! :eek:

I can't help it. Right now I think The Daily Show and Chappelle Show are the two funniest shows on TV.

4. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    The chappelle show is great! Personally I still think the KKK episode is the best! It was just so funny!!!!

5. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I loved the Charlie Murphy Real Hollywood Stories. I'm a huge Prince fan, so the story of playing basketball against Prince then having pancakes with him kills me! The black leader of the KKK was hilarious! Particularly the reason he divorced his wife.

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I like when Rick James asks Charlie Murphy: "What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!" [face_laugh]

But the Charlie Murphy Real Hollywood Story involving prince was freakin' hilarious!

7. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Anybody interested in a curio cabinet? If you can haul it, you can have it. It was promised to someone else, but his wife decided it did not go with her furnishings, so now I still have it. It is in pretty fair condition, though it could use a little touching up near the bottom (or a nicely placed plant would do the trick). Hit it up with some Pledge and Windex and you'll be set. It's around 6 feet tall, with dark finish contact paper and glass shelves and interior light. My mom gave it to me when she moved and I just don't have a use for it and it's taking up space in my garage. It would look great with your SW, ST, or any other collectibles in it. If anybody wants to see a pic of it, let me know and I'll post it. It's free, all you have to do is pick it up as I don't have a way to haul it.

8. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    I'd like to take a look at it. The earliest I could get by, would be Thursday. Hold it for me until then.

Is it Cherry/Mahogany or Oak?

JMK

9. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    The finish is actually a dark contact paper (similar to a cherry color with dark grain) over particle board (I assume). The places I mentioned that need touching up are primarily corners where the edge of the contact paper has started to unstick a little since the cabinet is fairly old. Then there's one spot on the bottom where it would need some significant touching up. I know you've got the skills to shape it up and make it look nice. I should be around most of the day on Thursday, just gimme a call when you want to come by.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Kev - if you're still interested in coming over, gimme a call. You may want to try my cell as I'm kind of in and out a lot this week making preparations for the new little one.

11. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Sorry about that. I'll give you a call today when I get off work to see if your around the house. I've just been stupidly busy lately and I must admit, I didn't think about it this weekend. Again, sorry about that.

Kel

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Don't worry about it. No apologies necessary. I was down in Blounts Creek most of the weekend with my family anyway. I just wanted to make sure you were still interested. Angela is going through that "pregnancy nesting" thing and I think her eyes are on getting her garage back. :p

13. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Last call on the free curio cabinet. Kev didn't really have anywhere to put it, so it's still available. No takers by Friday and it goes bye-bye.

14. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    KOOL you guy have a Social Thread i will try to stop by and say hi, as much as i can!!!!

Whats up!!! Dal--Intrepid

O ya not shure if any of you saw a post i left around the threads so i will just slip it in here, hope you all like it!!!

OK this is a E-mail i got form a friend Follow the LINK and have fun!!!

Hi, I got a website for ya to go to. Some viedomakers took screenshot video from star wars galaxies from the server Scylla and made funny music videos using the charaters etc. It's super popular now and everyone wants to do it. I myself, have started a character on Scylla and now shes a master dancer and is working on entertainer and musician. Anyway, you can see these funny videos by going to :
    www.windspireentertainment.com and click on music videos or something like that, Downloads. Enjoy it. My favorite is Boba The Fett! Turn up your music when you watch them.

http://www.windspireentertainment.com/news.php

15. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey JL! I checked out a little bit of Windspire, but I'm still a dial-up sort of guy, so I don't download a lot of stuff. I see they had a radio station set up on Live365.com. I've actually been working on setting up a Star Wars-related station on there also, where I would play songs that are somehow related to Star Wars - obviously the real songs from John Williams, Meco, etc., but then start putting in other songs like Weird Al's parodies and songs that mention Star Wars. Eventually I'd invite folks that created their own Star Wars related songs to submit material also.

16. JediLuner

Jul 26, 2003
    Whats up!!! Dal--Intrepid
    Hi!! Everbody!!!

Eventually I'd invite folks that created their own Star Wars related songs to submit material also well there is alot of stuff out there, if you can have a friend go to Kazza there is a bunch of stuff, there is lot of Dance Star wars stuff mostly Trance stuff i love that stuff, allso I came across the star wars spoof site very funny i will link it!!!

http://www.starwarsspoofs.com/endor.html

well How is everbody out there, after the weather came throu I hope you all are OK!!!

17. JediLuner

Jul 26, 2003
    GOODMORNING!!! ALL!!! 8-}

Pass'es the [face_coffee] around!!!

18. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Good afternoon to you sir. All is quiet here. How goes it in your neck of the woods?

JMK

19. JediLuner

Jul 26, 2003
    Hi , Jedi_Master_Kel

All is good here in caly, i am just being lazy, reading the bords.
    Need to start getting ready for work, Need more [face_coffee]

So how is the weather out there is everybody safe now!!!

talk to you later

Kenneth OUT!!!

20. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey JL! Things here in NC have definitely calmed down. Though these scattered showers are driving me crazy!

well there is alot of stuff out there, if you can have a friend go to Kazza there is a bunch of stuff, there is lot of Dance Star wars stuff mostly Trance stuff i love that stuff

Yeah, there's a lot of cool stuff I've heard on Kazaa. I wouldn't put it on my playlist unless I had real copies of the stuff though. There's a lot of great comedy songs on there also that are attributed to the wrong people though. You'd think Weird Al did every Star Wars spoof known to man according to Kazaa. :p

21. JediLuner

Jul 26, 2003
    GOOD MORNING!!![:D]ALL!!! PASS THE!!![face_coffee]

22. JediLuner

Jul 26, 2003
    GOOD MORNING!!;)ALL!!PASS THE!![face_coffee]

JUST STOPED BY TO SAY HI AND GOOD MORNING!!!

[face_laugh]
    |
    |
    |
    V
    http://vnfiles.ign.com/starwars/movies/ws_fettsvette.wmv
    ^
    |
    |
    |
    [face_laugh]

23. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Good morning, back.

Have a great week!

JMK

24. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey all! JL, I still haven't downloaded those files you've mentioned, but I've heard those songs someplace. It's my understanding that one of the creators of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force is responsible for those songs. A friend of mine is really into ATHF and he played those songs for me. They are really hilarious and nicely produced!

25. JediLuner

Jul 26, 2003
    Hey Dal--Intrepid, I LOVE Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    watching Adult swim is my newest pastime hee hee!!

If you get a link to the songs i would love to check them out, at the moment i dont have any program to download anything i did a recovery to my puter, and a full wipe so i lost all the one's i had, and i am not shure i will bo doing anything like that again like kazza i am trying to keep mu puter bug free!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.