main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The EUC-RPF Masters Tournament

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Grush Terk
    Senate Chamber

Grush could feel the tide of the battle turning towards himself. No longer was the elf the target; he himself was now the focus of the rage of the evil being. Although not intentional, the situation was not quite what Grush had hoped for; he had been looking for a way to sneak up and then dismantle the defenses of the half-naked being, but it appeared that that would no longer be possible. As the being somersaulted in the air, Grush closed his eyes, taking a moment to settle his thoughts as the being landed behind him. Before the shoto was even activated, Grush was ready to strike back unexpectedly. It seemed as if time itself slowed down as the weapon stabbed for his heart, the evil being smiling evilly as he plunged the blade straight at his opponent. Summoning the Force around him, Grush sent out a blinding flash from an outstretched hand, distracting the being and seemingly speeding up time itself. The Force had given Grush an advantage, but only slightly; it was not long enough for a practical strike to end the duel, so Grush decided to regroup and take a more methodical approach. I cannot strike in anger. Must . . . stay . . . composed. He jumped over the side of the pod to the entrance from the arena concourse, staying leery of the evil being and the elf creature, who was probably relieved that he had intervened in the nick of time. Actually, he found the elf crouched over in a Soresu opening stance, rambling on about a beer. Strange. What on earth is he talking about? However, Grush had no time to think about what the elf meant. Soon, the other being would be back on the prowl, and he would have to be prepared if he wanted to have a chance in the fight.

Looking down at his saber, Grush made sure that both blades were lit and ready at a moment?s notice. His saber was a thing of beauty; not many Jedi wielded a dual-blade saber like he had, and none that he could think of ever fought as well as he could. However, how many of them were in the position he was currently in, facing a wrathful being whose only intent was to earn two sweet kills to satisfy his sick desire. Grush could not allow himself to give up, but he also was not sure what to expect. The blinding was only a temporary shield; he didn?t know how long he could last if it came down to a one-on-one duel, especially with an opponent with such an evil demeanor and intent. Facing the elf, Grush said ?Tell you what. If we get through this alive, the beer?s on me.? His intent was to make an impromptu alliance with the elf; he didn?t want to have to fight two at the same time, even with twin blades that gave him a slight advantage. If this is a three-way duel, I at least want to be in a position where I can come out alive. I must be patient and look for all possible opportunities. If I fail in getting a quick advantage, I?m dead.

TAG: Fins, I-5

Powers Used This Post:
    Blinding

All Powers Used:
    Blinding
    Jump

2. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Alright, you alls have now hit the three post minimum for us to actually make judgments. I'll let the week finish out, making it three weeks all together, and then we'll make the calls. This tournament will end on October 6th.

-I_H

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: So sorry for the delay. RL issues denied me time to even think how to re-write the post I had prepared in response to Fins'.

IC: Moe the Sentinel, Inquisitor Nelf / Yavinelf, Speaker?s Podium and 9th level corridor, respectively.

Tournament rules be damned! Thought Moe angrily from under the podium?s grey body shield, as the last pod slammed into the carpet of them beneath him. Perched atop a short, telescopic unipod, the podium itself acted as a kind of island amongst the settled, open-topped, diplomatic seating.

The nine-foot sentinel raised himself towards where he had last seen the combatant who had started the deadly avalanche, and brought up his blaster rifle, upset enough to believe he had a shot, no pun intended, of landing one on him.

Then he stopped, his attention caught by a roiling ball of orange flame that flew lazily into the Senate Chamber through an open hatch on the ninth level, and sailed across the vast emptiness of the ovoid assembly room, to splash harmlessly across the nose cowling of an untouched pod on the other side.

?And what in the Fire Rings of Fornax, was that all about?? He enquired aloud, of no-one in particular.

Lightsabre at the ready, Inquisitor Nelf watched in dismay as his fireball sailed through the hatch into the wild blue yonder (read, Convocation Chamber), having missed his targeted opponent completely, and the being had not responded to the offer of a beer.

All in all, Nelf quickly considered as the other charged, leaping through the air towards him, this guy was a lot less chatty than the Shadow Guard on Hoth had been.

The opponent arrived, just beyond Nelf?s reach, started to leap...and vanished!

Startled, the half-elf found himself looking across the corridor, through the oval pod hatch.

Every instinct called upon him to duck and roll, down on elbows and knees and roll sideways, but without knowing where the fragger w-

Behind me-

WAVE! An instinctive omni-directional Force Push threw everything around him away, the Sheer Blade skittering along the floor, and hopefully it would slam the attacker away as well

He ducked and curled forward to make as small a target as possible, but white hot agony flared from his left shoulder blade as a blazing hot poker stabbed into the out-played half-elf from behind, tangible streams of light emanating from the blade now poking out of his chest, and streaming from between gritted teeth
    All but insensate, Nelf fell face-forward onto the deck, his last sight before his vision went black, was of his hissing breath momentarily clouding the polished black floor...

?Tell you what. If we get through this alive, the beer?s on me.?

Well, that is a reasonably uncharitable statement,, The Inquisitor chided silently, considering I just DIED! Hard on the tail on that complaint, came the question of how he was able to hear the other?s comment, and with a start, he realised he was still crouching in Soresu! And alive.

Odd.

But welcome.

In Tunare?s name, that felt so real.

Yav entinguished his weapon, patting himself down for injury the first priority, then, at length, he looked up, taking in his surroundings, and the presence of a male Togruta, in jedi-styled, eg. not black, robes. The alien was looking at him expectantly, whilst beyond him, the first combatant, a human in a black tunic, his hands filled with humming laser-swords, stood, apparently bedazzled.

?What in Oseon just happened?? He frowned at the jedi. ?Nice lekku.?

Yav rose, looking from the Togrutan to madman, and back again, coming to the realisation that he had better do something before the dark jedi overcame whatever had been done to him.

?This is probably against tournament rules, but it?ll be worth it.?
    Two long quick steps to Lorn, and putting his weight behind it, he moved to kick him the 'Ger in the-

Tag: DarkLordoftheFins, JediGunship[/col

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Lorn
    Corridor

His eyes suddenly seemed to show him eternal dark void the galaxy was made of, asall light vanished and he was in the dark. He did not know if his blades reached the kill. But if so, the enemy did survive long enough to unleash his own darkness. A wave of energy hit him, shoving him away. Lorn hit something. His head slammed on the floor. Something wet and thick ran down his head, as he jumped up immediately. His rage making his body so numb, he felt dead. It had to be blood on his face. Red blood on his pale skin. He hissed out air again and then he saw.

You can take my eyes,
    you can take my pain,
    you can not my sight,
    through the eyes of the insane.

Rage was never blind. Death always found it´s victims. And surely needed no eyes for it. Alive. The kill did not get killed so easy. And they were here now. Both of them. Lorn felt the anxiety and trembling muscles of his body. A collapse crawling into his system. Draining him and empowering him the same time. A power that was great, but demanded much more than it was giving. It was death. And Lorn felt it. After all he was not like them. Not a tiny little existence looking for sense that would never be found. He knew. He was senseless. He had no purpose. He only did what was left in a galaxy of insaneto do. He cleaned it. He was chosen by death. He was it´s massenger. He was it´s ally.

His mouth opened, as if he would have released a scream, but it never came, as the Elf stepped forward. Now fighting side by side with his comrade. The second kill. An alien. Wielding a weapon with two blades. Strong and clearly visible in Lorn´s rage. He would have his kill. Both of them. Oh yes, he would have them. And the second the kick came, Lorn revealed his unnatural sight as his blades snapped down and his eyes turned towards the Elf. Like a scissor the two blades touched each other bristling in energy exchange right under the Elf´s leg. And he trapped it between his own body and the burning energy. The moment the kick hit him, he pulled the blades up and together. And his numbness betrayed him. The kick send a wave of agony through him, leaving him nothing but pain. His body tensed and then pulled together. But his soul laughed. Agony. It was so sweet. He felt so alive. Suffering. Oh holy suffering.

And a single gasp escaped his mouth, as light seemed to break into the darkness again. And a wave of dark energy was now unleashed by him. He had not wanted to. It just broke out of his failing grip over his own power.

Tag: JediGunship, Sith-I-5

Powers Used:

Sight 1
    Wave 1

Powers Used before:

Jump 2
    Cloak 1
    Telekinesis 2
    Speed 2
    Push 1

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Inquisitor Nelf

The half-elf felt his boot connect, and quickly withdrew it, barely feeling a pinch on it's return, as he put it behind himself so that he could step back out of danger from the bedazzled Lorn.

But the impossible happened, he appeared to be doing the splits, till his groin slapped the ground HARD, and the pain from that was unexpectedly outpaced by messages from his leg.

Nelf glanced back to see what his limb was complaining about, and, and, with a strangled cry, he fainted.

Tag: JediGunship

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Grush Terk

Grush watched as the elf's boot connected with the Dark Jedi, causing the being to reel in pain. Through the Force, he could feel his pain radiating, a wave of energy radiating around him. The elf, stunned by what was going on around him, fainted. Grush blinked, confused by what was going on. That was unexpected.

TAG: Fins, I-5

Powers Used:
    Blinding
    Jump

7. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Judges OOC:

***DING DING DING DING DING***

And that's the end of the final round, good contestants! Judges, lets move this thread into port and rap this trip up!

I'll get my own stuff posted sometime this weekend, maybe tomorrow. :D

-I_H

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Insipid
    Senate chambers, above

Lounging with his feet on the side of the pod, Insipid leaned back as, with an invisible gesture from within his robes, the pod dutifully floated down. It was, uncharitably, a mess down here. An elf missing a leg, a Dark Jedi holding himself in pain, and a Jedi probably staring dumbly at it all. Well, it looked like they were.

This... this was going to be difficult. Insipid had seen some incredible duels in his time, but this was near the top. The elf had been mildly hilarious, and actually remarkably interesting. The Jedi had been, as well, and the Dark Jedi... well he was more terrifying than interesting. Insipid cleared his throat, finally. "Well, well, well. That was interesting. Destructive, as well."

"At this point..." he considered. "At this point everyone is at approximately the same level of roleplaying, and literary skill. So commenting on that is simple wallpaper upon an interesting wall. Not much more I can say about it. But I shall, nonetheless, because at this point, success is determined by how engaging they are."

"Jedi," started the Sith. "Your posts were finely crafted efforts, and nicely well done at that. But they never seemed to draw me in. That was my largest issue. They were, at the end of the epic, tried and tested Jedi posts. Exceptionally good, but exceptionally predictable. You were, sadly, written into a corner. The Dark Jedi and Elf were more concerned with each other than you, and thus you had to write yourself into the situation. That required a ridiculous amounts of aggression, or a certain amount of compassion, the latter which favoured the Jedi. But there was little more than that to it - what about your characters learning curve? There was little reference to prior events (such as they were), it was as if the Jedi was still just that. A Jedi. Nothing more nor less."

"Elf and Dark Jedi. One, still mildly psychotic, and the other completely. What I enjoyed most about the Elf was just how engaging he was. Again. He cursed, and railed, and let his aggression direct him. He was completely fleshed out, using deities to rail at, and reacted to everything he could do, and then some. A mild break of logic in the final attack, but novel nonetheless - and keeping with how complexly messy the Elf was. Good fun. And excellent writing. And roleplaying."

"Dark Jedi... Dark Jedi had something extra to him, as much as it pains me to compliment a lower being." Insipid smiled wanly. "Not only did he have everything the above elements had, he had something they didn't. Progression. The man was begging them to kill him. Railing because nobody had managed to so far, and he was looking forward to it so much. He had little control of himself, despite this, his rage and fury working against his desires, to the point where he would emit a 'wave' without as much direction as a gesture. He reacted aggressively, kick-starting the duel almost immediately, while Jedi and Elf could only react - and in variously limited fashions."

"So Fin gets my vote. Despite myself. But congratulations to everyone else." The Sith Lord perked up. "I'd love to have a ceremonial duel between the judges and let the top three judge them, incidentally. And then the 'best Judge' and the 'best duelist' could have the finale..." Insipid grinned from ear to ear, at that.

"Because I have put on five pounds sitting here doing nothing..."

TAG: Hammer, Xan

9. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    First off: fantastic duel, you three! =D=

Now for the part you've all been waiting for ...

I agree with Sinre in that we can no longer judge on RPing skill. No need to talk about Force powers or tactics or whatever - you've all made it this far; you wouldn't have if you weren't good.

Who has the most engaging character, then? Let's take it in order:

Sith-I-5's Nelf: Funny, witty, and mildly insane (or very insane, if you count the breaking-the-fourth-wall and crossover-ness as insanity). I enjoyed the interplay between him and 'Moe' - in fact, I laughed out loud at this line:
    "If you hurt Moe," he warned, pausing as he remembered the Sentinel's betrayal, "actually, I will buy you a beer, but I will be looking at you disapprovingly while you sup it."
    Good stuff. Teh funny is a sadly underused phenomenon in a RP, and believably well-done funny even moreso. It's a fine line between hilarious and absurd, and you managed to work it perfectly.

DarkLordoftheFins' Lorn: Aha, Lorn. Even more magnetically crazy this time than the other two, if that's even possible. His need to kill, to die, was very well done, and the way it manifested itself in psychotic aggression set the tone for the entire duel. I really got the sense of a Dark Jedi on the edge here, and perhaps a little bit over - as much controlled by the dark side as controlling it. (I also note that Fins was only one who had to fight two full duels to get to the finals, but as this isn't the fault of his opponents, I feel that that shouldn't be a consideration.)

Jedigunship's Grush Terk: A very good, solid, Jedi Master, but unfortunately not all that engaging to me. I agree with Sinre in that there were no references with prior events, but unlike Sinre I am disregarding that - your two previous duels simply didn't last long enough to give you that opportunity. Not your fault. I also acknowledge that going last here put you at a disadvantage, because you were forced to write yourself into the other two's fight as best you could. Nonetheless, I find Grush Terk less interesting than the other two characters - which is not to say he was uninteresting, merely less so.

So - in my mind, Guns' character gets eliminated first. It therefore comes down to Fins and Sithy - the deliciously insane Dark Jedi, or the wonderfully nutty Inquisitor. Lorn is a fantastic fantastic character ... but Nelf is also a great and well-fleshed-out creation, and he made me laugh, which I think has a value that should not be discounted. My vote goes to Sith-I-5.

10. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    Alrighty folks!

The final judgment of the final act. And the crucial decision comes down to me. Thanks a bunch Sinre and Xan. [face_frustrated]

:p

First things first, as there are three judges and three contestants and no mechanism for resolving a 3 way tie, this judgment is a tie-breaker vote (as it would be in your standard 2 person duel). So right off the bat, I bid farewell to Gunship. A job well done, thanks for participating, and congratulations on 3rd place! :)

Then we arrive at the meat of the decision. Serious Fins vs. Humorous I-5.

I don't feel I have to go into either character (Xan) or progression (Sinre) to decide this match. Which I like because I feel those two areas are members in that exceedingly trivial tie-breaker category that unfortunately have to be used in cases like this.

Hence, my decision... which lies in the old fundamental of character interaction.

I find Lorn missing alot of chances for character interaction. Outside of the fundamentals of describing characteristics and positioning, or describing their impending death, there is hardly much consideration of the opponents Lorn is facing. I feel that I can take a majority of Lorn's inner-reflection from this duel and put it in any other match of the tournament. I do not find the progression Sinre notes significant enough to convince me that what I read in this duel is so special or different from the ones on Mustafar or Tatooine.

Now, its good to have continuity of course, *but* I think I-5 is no normal opponent. Not only does his character behave strangely within the match, he does alot of conversing that Gunship recognizes but Lorn does not. Now I am aware that it is also true that when someone obsesses on anything, everything else tends to fall to the wayside. But in something as engaging as a duel, and with a character so radically different as I-5, I find it a little unbelievable that not once Lorn would step back and have a "wth" moment. Generic jedi can have general responses, but wise-cracking conversationalists require a tailored touch. I remember in the Trimaj match that Lorn was much more interactive with Trimaj's character. Even if Lorn did not converse so to say, he did at least have Trimaj's conversation enter into his mental train of thought. I would have liked to see more of that here... specific consideration of what is happening in the here and now.

I don't really weigh the value of I-5s humor to Fins' dark philosophy (a la Xan). I think both are equally difficult to attain, and equally wonderful to have. That seems to wash out. However, I do find I-5's creativity, both in his use of his foil, Moe [which was totally optional and gets only the most marginal of weight], and in his tournament ending move as a very impressive element of his role playing. Gunship and Fins do a variety of more or less standard moves, in varying creativity from novel uses of powers to appropriate (but not so much original (EP3?)) use of the pods as attacks. For Sith_I-5 to deliver a swift kick to Lorn's bits, I've not only never seen that done before in a tournament, but probably never in my full 5 years of gaming here in the RPF. What an amazingly creative move, and Fins gets almost as many points for accepting it and ending the duel on that account.

I think all sides took a great amount of damage, However, I wasn't that happy with some of the vagueness in the writing. In a few parts, I had quite a bit of difficulty visualizing what was happening. I think a little more detail by every party would have made the duel run much more smoothly.

Lastly, I am greatly concerned with the lost combustion attack of I-5 (post on 9/26, 4:21pm). Ignoring an attack is a very serious faux-pas, it has been since the beginning of the tournament. I've looked through the post and I don't see any mention of it by either Fins (posting through Sirak) or Gunship. And I-5 is very shrewd to blow this up in his posting, highlighting it for judges to pick up. And then to make the situation funny adds more points to his roster; I did laugh out loud when

11. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Ah, heck. :p Why not?

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    First things first, . . . congratulations Sith-I-5 for a well deserved title as our Champion of lightsaber dueling. It was my pleasure. And sorry about the leg. :p

Second . . . concerning the "extra-duel" . . . sure why not. I would judge.

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I accept. :D

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks, Fins! And in case my response was not seen on the support thread, I accept as well.

3 for 3!

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks, Fins! And in case my response was not seen on the support thread, I accept as well.

3 for 3!

16. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Korriban

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/ff/Korriban-TOR.jpg]

"Korriban shall be as it always was. A graveyard for the darkest of the Sith Lords, still whispering within their tombs. It shall always be a source of evil, spawning threats throughout the millennia."
    - Darth Traya

The Heart of Darkness. Graveyard of numerous of the most evil beings that ever roamed the galaxy. A place build for darkness and bathed in it. The birthplace of the Sith. The stage for numerous dramas. The keeper of most forbidden lore. Korriban.

And here three judges have come to be judged themselves. For only one of them deserves the honor to face the Champion of both RPF and EUC, the dreaded winner of this tournament. Inquisitor Nelf.

[image=http://www.outerrim.ru/data/pages/gallery/chris_trevas/korriban.jpg] [image=http://www.cnet.co.uk/i/c/blg/cat/gamesgear/starwars-old-republic/sw-old-republic-5.jpg] [image=http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/potd/1243687601_8.jpg]

And therefore they gather where darkness gathered for millennia that have passed. The Valley of the Dark Lords. Where pillars depicting warriors of ancient times guard the resting place of their silent, long-dead Masters. Above them, on the balcony of the Citadel of the Dark Lords, the Sith have build and rebuild over time, the final three watch their duel. Lorn, restless and unnerved by this duty forced upon him has little need to be there. But the mysterious forces who have not granted him death him to be there. Grush Terk, the Jedi Master most uncomfortable with this surrounding. Forced like his colleague, but reluctant for whole different reasons. And of course Inqusisitor Nelf, finally rid of his companion and with a brand new leg, who has the greatest interest to see the three judges ignite their blades. For one of them will be his opponent soon. The Inquisitor steps forth, prepared to present his own insight in the ridiculous ways the force has brought them here, when Lorn pushes him aside and screams at them. An order to go ahead and kill each other.

The duel has begun.

Tag: (in that order) Imperial_Hammer, Sinrebirth, DarthXan

ooc: Put you in order of character-submission. And hope the other two do not mind, me using their characters. They are meant to be there, are they? So, go ahead judges. Show what you´re made of.

17. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: Darth Shieka

*Skkrreeetttecchhhhttt*

The hiss of the female Sith's lightsaber could barely be heard over the winds of Korriban as the woman idly defaced an ancient Sith pillar. Her anger was set at a steady simmer, patiently feeding on itself deep within the pit of her gut. She had been on this forsaken planet for four damnable days now, four whole days where the force would not leave her alone. It kept pushing her here and there, from tomb to tomb, leading her ever onward towards whatever reason she was supposed to be here. Why the Force had chosen such an indirect and long route was entirely beyond her comprehension, and that made her angry. She had much better things to do than to come to this graveyard.

*Sniiccht* and another corner of the old stone pillar slid off its original stump.

Shieka had never a big fan of the "traditional" Sith that populated this planet once upon a time. What made them so worthy of all these vast monoliths, really? They were dead, weren't they? And their vast "empire" eventually fell apart, did it not? Yet they claimed themselves worthy to have these eternal monuments. To stand throughout time. What disgusting hubris.

An overhanded vertical chop of her lightsaber, and the now small stone pillar was split straight in two. A lazy flick of her finger and the two sides of the column stump fell to the ground.

There was no escape from failure. No one can hide forever. Let only the deserving have their monoliths.

Darth Shieka had found herself near the front of what was called the "Citadel of the Dark Lords". This was where the force wanted her to be. Once she had arrived in front of this pretentious monument, the nagging sensation she had consistently experienced over these last few days finally faded into the back of her psyche. It was a strange place here at this Citadel, and a part of her wondered if she was chopping stone to release some built-up anticipation. There were three Force Users on the balcony, but they were not meant for her to battle. The force had told her as much. They were watchers... but for what? A duel? Was that why she was here? But where were the opponents?

The Lady Sith turned from the now ruined stone pillar and began to walk around the open area in front of the citadel, like a wild tigress, her energy under the pressure of anticipation and frustration. She idly swatted at a small stone with the lightsaber she was holding, its red blade chopping the stone in two with a clean horizontal slice. The wind continued to tug annoyingly at her black cloak and skirt. She wished it would take a rest for a little while.

At least it was warm. But it was also relentlessly dry. That shouldn't have surprised her in such a brutal place, but she couldn't help viewing it as an insult to her.

Shieka's mind drifted back to her potential opponents. She wondered who they would be... some puffed up Dark Lord perhaps? Drunk under false assumptions of power? She would reunite him with his fellow braggarts, scattered all around this planet. The Lady Sith's left hand itched for her other lightsaber, but it was not needed now... not with any opponents to fight.

She took a deep breath and continued to walk lazily about, her senses on high alert for any sign of newcomers. With every passing minute, she grew more and more annoyed.

Next up: Sinre

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004

Korriban. Why did it have to be Korriban? Darth Insipid hadn't set foot on the frakkin' world for decades. Not since, well, the incident. And here he was, back here, at the end of things. He had been itching to get involved, to run his shoto into Darth Shieka's neck, but now, upon the revelation that the duel would be done here... a strange aura of melancholy had hit the Sith Lord. No, not melancholy... professional detachment. Yes, that's what it is.

Insipid had wandered the planet for days, and the sand was still just as terrible, and irritating, as it had been when he had been here as a lowly apprentice. Grimacing, Insipid found himself back where he had been then, loathing himself more than the galaxies innumerable faults. That was why he had become 'Insipid' - because he thought of his weakness as grotesque to the highest degree, and his fellow Sith, even more. The Sith Lord had held innumerable titles, and been apart of innumerable cults. He had grown immeasurably powerful, in his opinion. And had lost it all, on a few occasions.

And where had it taken him?

Professional detachment, he silently chided himself, as he wandered the abandoned corridors of the citadel. He had to maintain it. Especially here. He emerged into the winds of Korriban, and looked down into the courtyard. To his right was the others - the 'judges'. They had relentlessly manipulated him here. The mad one. The quiet one. The strange one. Insipid did not even acknowledge them, but simply cast his eyes onto the courtyard. His opponents would be here soon.

A noise reverberated through the gloom, and Insipid habitually withdrew into himself.

If they were not already.

Insipid began to look around, carefully maintaining his footsteps. It would not do for his victims to discover him, he idly supposed.

TAG: Xan

Powers Used: 0

Remaining:

Battle Precognition: 2
    Jump: 4
    Speed: 2
    Telekinesis x2: 4
    Wave: 2
    Shield: 2
    Plague x2: 4
    Death Field: 1
    Bolt of Hatred: 2

19. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Kara Dysar
    Korriban

Kara's booted feet crunched on the rocky soil.

Korriban: Sith homeworld, nexus of darkness, resting place of unimaginable horrors, was a desolate place. Its entire surface was covered in nothing but barren rock, and the Valley of the Dark Lords was no exception. Kara Dysar had never set foot on this planet before; Jedi or fallen Jedi, the place had held no attraction for her.

Until now.

Why did you come here?

The darkness calls me here. There are foes here I am meant to fight. Can't you feel it?

You should not have answered.

A chuckle drifted from Kara's throat, but she made no reply. She was more interested in the sheer power here: the Valley was suffused in dark energy, so strong it was intoxicating, in a way that was both alien and familiar. Power for the taking ... just like the City. Her City, Lea Monde.

It is not the same. We have no hold here.

"Like enough," Kara murmured, running her fingers over a ruined pillar. It had a lightsaber scar on its surface; recent, unless she missed her guess. No hold? Well, she would just have to carve out one. It was not as if she had never done so before.

And ... there. There, on the open field in front of the Citadel, a woman prowled. A woman of darkness, her senses informed her, not unlike Kara herself. One of her foes?

There was only one way to find out.

Kara began to jog. Within moments, she had accelerated into a run, and then a blur of Force speed - and then she sprang into the air, bringing her lightsaber down in a green blur over the woman's head.

Next: Imp

Powers Used:
    1: Speed

Powers Remaining:
    2: Battle Precognition
    3: Push
    3: Pull
    4: Jump
    2: Shield
    2: Wave
    2: Rage
    6: Storm

20. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004

*SNAP!*

Shieka's anxious demeanor payed off, and in a big way. At one moment, she was walking about, scanning for opponents.... and the next, a duelist was practically on top of her!

Or would have been, in any case. Her "battle precognition" reliably flared up, allowing for the Skieka to foresee this woman blaze in onto the scene, soar into the air, and bring a lightsaber down on top of her.

Shieka dropped down to the floor, as a deadly ceiling the woman created would soon be collapsing down upon her. The Lady Sith threw her weight to her left and rolled on the dusty Korriban ground. She rolled just far enough to get out of the attacker's range, then catapulted herself to her feet.

Within Shieka, a hot flare burst into her stomach. A very sneaky and very low blow! She didn't even introduce herself! Had Shieka not had Battle Precognition, that would have been the end for her!

The flare instantly galvanized itself into a thick block of emotional steel.

If that was the way she wanted to play... as a beast versus a duelist, then Shieka would have to do her duty and take her down. How dare she just sneak attack her! Who did she think the was!?!

Shieka did not speak. This woman did not deserve to be talked with. It would be like talking to a dog. She would not waste her time on such foolishness. Sheika quickly pulled out her second lightsaber and lit it.

Then she did two things. First, she force pushed the woman, hoping to throw her off guard. Then keeping her eye on the dog-woman, she threw herself at the woman, Shieka's red lightsabers reaching out towards her. The saber in her weaker, left hand, moved towards the woman's saber, intent on keeping it pinned or at the very least occupied. The other saber, in Shieka's stronger right hand, cut viciously downwards from the woman's left breast and intending to move diagonally downwards into her torso.

TAG: Xan especially, but first Sinre

Powers Used
    Neutral
    0 of 4 ? Telekinesis (x2)
    0 of 4 ? Speed (x2)
    0 of 4 ? Jump
    1 of 2 ? Battle Precognition
    0 of 3 ? Pull
    1 of 3 ? Push

Dark
    0 of 2 ? Death Field (x2)
    0 of 1 ? Horror

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Korriban

Dispassionately, detached, but not melancholic, Darth Insipid saw the other two women going for it. Somewhere in his mind, the Sith Lord acknowledged that intervening in a duel between two women - darksiders, at that - was a foolish error. But it almost felt as if he didn't care. After all he had done, after all he had survived...

He absently wondered if the Sith who lived for centuries ever felt this way? Like... they had stretched themselves to the point they no longer truly existed. He uttered the most traitorous thought. Had Darth Krayt felt this way? Had Vincent?

With a snarl, Insipid battered away such thoughts, and raised his left hand, channeling his aggression into down his fingers and pointing them at the woman who was striking now. His anger struck her, hard and insidious, and into his other hand rolled his lightsaber hilt, falling down his sleeve. What appeared to be a lightsaber hilt, anyway. And then he leaped from the balcony, flaring his hand again to through off his cloak, and then toss it at the same target earlier, revealing his tunic, and other lightsaber hilt attached to his belt. His mind ran off on its own, noting that by picking on one of his opponents, he made the other inclined to side with him, and then he could betray them when necessary, and he would be -

- alone again.

Insipid jerked when he landed, within blades distance of the two of then, but clamped down on the repulsive thought and replaced it with the correct answer, roaring aloud. "VICTORIOUS!"

"I shall be VICTORIOUS!"

TAG: Imperial_Hammer especially, but Xan next

Powers Used:

Plague
    Telekinesis
    Jump

Remaining:
    Battle Precognition: 2
    Jump: 3
    Telekinesis x2: 3
    Shield: 2
    Plague x2: 3
    Death Field: 1

22. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Korriban

Oh, the other woman was good. Even before Kara had hit the apex of her jump, she had dropped to the ground, rolling to her left, drawing a lightsaber - oh, this would be a challenge. No Tieger, this one; no fool of an Imperial Knight -

- and fast, too, for in an instant there was a surge of the Force and Kara was thrown backwards. It caught her off guard, but rather than fight it, she sprang backwards as well, riding the invisible wind as only a master of Ataru could -

Just in time: the woman was in her face, pressing the offensive with her twin blades. Oh, very good, came the whisper. Kara ignored it. Instinct told her the first attack was a feint; it was angled wrong, as if her body was not the target. She dodged easily, shying away to her left - there. Kara met the woman's other blade with her own, a double handspan from her face -

There was a dark blur in the corner of her eye. Another. Another had arrived.

Friend or foe?

They are all foes! Kill them both!

But the newcomer - a man - had struck her opponent, not Kara. That meant that, at least for the moment, they had a similar objective. That meant that, for the moment, they were on the same side. And why not? Kill the woman and then the man, or the man and then the woman; it was all the same in the end.

It will not last. We cannot trust him.

No. No, of course not. But for now ...

Using all her strength, Kara shoved the red blade aside. Then, flinging out her right hand, she summoned the dark side and threw a storm of lightning at the woman.

Next: Poor Impy :p

Powers Used:
    1: Storm

Powers Remaining:
    2: Shield
    2: Wave
    2: Rage
    5: Storm

23. Imperial_Hammer

Sep 25, 2004

Shieka's eyes could tell the story of this duel. It was one told to Kara as she originally faced the woman. At first, they were cold eyes of resolute determination. Brown maws waiting to engulf all those that drew too close.

But then, things began to unravel. First, a bolt of plague hit the woman. It came from out of the blue, and Shieka was not prepared for it. Her body unwillingly absorbed its sickly presence and the power began to weaken her immediately. It was as if someone suddenly tied 10 pound weights onto her arms and legs, weights that were slowly getting heavier and heavier.

Kara could see Shieka's eyes widen as the thought of a second assailant sunk in. This duel immediately switched from a sporting duel to one of survival. In some ways, this helped. Shieka's heartrate quickened, her adrenaline began to flow. She suddenly became the beast, cornered and bearing her fangs.

This helped with the plague, but could not save her. She had some solutions for this problem, but now was not the time for them.

The Lady Sith diverted her gaze from the target to see who this unseen foe was, and saw nothing but a cloak hurtling towards her. More bad news for Shieka. But this one was not unavoidable. Using telekinesis, she mentally grabbed the cloak in air and threw it at the force signature of her would be assailant. Because Shieka was well... preoccupied, she couldn't guide the darn thing with any degree of precision. Hopefully it hit. Maybe it didn't.

A man's voice suddenly cried something about being victorious, and Shieka's left arm flexed instinctively to begin parrying a second flurry of blades.... but this did not come. Why?

Shieka's musings were short lived. Plagued that Shieka was, the woman-dog was too strong for her. She shoved her sabers aside, then threw a wickedly strong bolt of lightning at the Lady Sith. This one was also, unfortunately, spot on, and set Shieka flying.

The woman could see sky. Then ground. Then ground met her... brutally. She gripped on to her lightsabers for dear life, unwilling to drop her only lifeline in this now brutal match.

She could feel her momentum as the rocky ground of Korriban tore up her backside. Pain rocketed up and down her frame. Finally, a forever in just a few seconds, she slowed to a stop at the base of a large rock.

"Get up get up get up!!!", her brain screamed. They will be coming for you.

Shieka scrambled to her feet, shaken, bloodied, and with the plague nipping at her energy. She could see the duo across this courtyard, but she did not wait to see what they would do. They could speed over here in an instant.

The woman looked up to the first stable looking pillar and force jumped to the top of it. She felt the air blowing past her yet again, but this time, she was thankfully in control. She did not land gracefully on top of the pillar, but luckily she had enough control to stick the landing. Still, thank the force, in control of her lightsabers, she immediately brought them to the ready, willing to slice down any person trying to intrude on her small 3 feet patch of safe ground.

Instinctively, she also unleashed her death field, a handy little force power that drained life from the nearby area. Although there wasn't much alive on Korriban, there was not just one, but two force users just brimming with life a couple of feet away and below her. She could take from both of them, doubling the effectiveness of her power.

The woman was breathing heavily atop her column fort. She could already begin feeling the cool stream of life energy coming into her. If she could defend her perch, she may recover from the sizzling beat-down she received moments ago. She felt no shame hiding from them up there, as holding a two-on-one duel was suicidal. Dishonor begets dishonor.

And of course, there was always hope they would turn against each-other.

All Shieka could do was wait, get better, and hold her position, overlooking the side of the courtyard.

TAG: Both of you

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Korriban

The duel intensified, Insipid's victim being thrown back and away from her target. The cloak was nonetheless hurtled at him, but Insipid saw it was untargeted. It made little difference, as the expansive cloak rippled out, and so Insipid flicked his wrist, activating his lightwhip and shredding it accordingly. He wasn't even paying attention, really... he didn't really see the point of seeing his aged cloak shredded again.

Instead he turned, pivoting on his booted heal so he could watch as his original enemy leap away, keeping an eye on his 'ally' nonetheless. The Sith Lord released a soft sigh, the air emerging from his mouth as a thin cloud, the cold air of Korriban still surrounding them. In night, this desert world was freezing, and he wondered if it would become his tomb one day as well. Not that he had any followers left to build it for him. He shrugged, and reached into the Force to anticipate what the 'excitable one' would do, who was clearly building distance between them for some reason or another. These were no Mikaru's, that much was true.

Battle precognition served him well, allowing him to raise a shield in time to catch her little strike. Doubting that his own opponent would be seasoned enough to do the same, he simply returned the favour, and summoning what little rage he had left in his weary body. He needed invigorating. It was cold rage. The kind that was favoured by Sith like Lord Tyranus. Not the hot rage that the 'angry one' seemed to enjoy. The death field that emerged from his rage was nonetheless just as brutal as any other Sith's.

Having exerted himself little beyond drawing on the Force, he cracked his lightwhip at the 'angry one' - another victim, another moment into the battle. Another Aden. Another Ardeur. Another battle where there were two foes, just as likely to align as kill.

It didn't matter.

TAG: Xany (for death field and whip crack), Hammer (for death field alone)

Powers Used:

Battle precognition
    Shield
    Death Field

Remaining:
    Battle Precognition: 1
    Jump: 3
    Telekinesis x2: 3
    Shield: 1
    Plague x2: 3
    Death Field: 0

25. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Oh you ... you darksiders. Double death field is nasty. :p

Korriban

Laughing, Kara raised her right hand in a mocking half-wave. The lightning cut off, and the woman slammed unceremoniously into the dry, cracked ground. Hard. That had to hurt.

She spun her lightsaber as the woman scrambled to her feet, readying herself for the counterattack - but to Kara's surprise, she made for a pillar. That meant she was going to do something that wasn't a frontal assault. That meant ...

Kara pulled the Force around her in a hasty shield. A brush of energy at the side of her leg - and the brief, sudden weakness there, where her shield had been weak - told her she had been right. The Dark Jedi bared her teeth in a mirthless grin; the master of the City was not so easily fooled -

The other!

A wave of weakness washed over her. Kara whirled, furious, to face the man - the man who had turned on her - her vision swam, and she dropped to one knee, gasping -

Fool! You should not have trusted him!

I did not trust him. He merely turned on me sooner than I expected.

The City's silence was eloquent in its mockery.

In another time, another life, Kara would have pushed aside her anger, her fury at the cool disdain with which the man had tricked her. She would have told herself that There is no emotion, there is peace and taken the time to calm herself, and then act out of serenity and purpose. But she was Jedi no longer, and the Code meant nothing to her.

Instead, she fuelled her anger back into the Force and felt it swell. Time seemed to slow as Kara summoned all the speed she could muster - she saw the lightwhip come down, as if in slow motion, and rolled aside - then she sprang to her feet and leapt at the man, bringing her lightsaber down in a vicious, rage-filled strike, intending to bisect him from right shoulder to left hip.

Tag: Sinre, but next up Imp

Powers Used:
    2: Speed
    1: Storm
    1: Shield
    1: Rage

Powers Remaining:
    1: Shield