main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Fast & The Furious (Fast X)

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Oct 4, 2011.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "Fast 6" & 7 Back-To-Back With Statham?

Universal Pictures is reportedly looking in to the possibility of shooting the next two "Fast and Furious" films back-to-back in Europe throughout 2012 reports Twitchfilm.

The site also adds that they have begun early talks with Jason Statham about the possibility of him joining one or both of the films which Justin Lin would likely direct. As already hinted, at least some of the action would be set in Berlin.

Lin has had to pull out of various high-profile projects recently including "Terminator 5" and the "Highlander" reboot due to his commitment to "Fast Six" which is already set for a May 24th 2013 release. A double-film production would likely not affect that date and would also mean the next film would probably hit the following May.

The film franchise has been a major cash generator for the troubled studio, the recent "Fast Five" generating over $615 million worldwide from a relatively cost-effective $125 million production budget.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  2. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Bring back Dwayn Johnson (The Rock), Paul Walker, and Vin Deisal, and I'm there. Add Jason on top of that... hell yeah I'll be there!

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  3. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It is kinda funny that Universal's like "You know what this franchise needs? More stars. We didn't have enough people in the last one."

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Fast Six Will Be a 2-Parter

"With the success of this last one, and the inclusion of so many characters, and the broadening of scope, when we were sitting down to figure out what would fit into the real estate of number six, we didn?t have enough space..."

"We have to pay off this story, we have to service all of these character relationships, and when we started mapping all that out it just went beyond 110 pages,? Diesel explained. ?The studio said, ?You can?t fit all that story in one damn movie!?"

Diesel did not say if the films will be a two-part story or rather two standalone movies with interlinking story arcs.

5. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    fasix & furiousix

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, Fast and the Furious... that's totally the kind of series I think of as having a scope "too big" for one film.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I don't understand this franchise. It's called Fast and Furious, but really it's more slow and tedious. Justin Lin just doesn't seem able to invest a car chase with any energy, and so focuses on stuffing his films with quirky, fast-talking characters instead. And it's working. Just once I'd like one of these films to thrill me with amazing chases rather than desperately trying to hold my attention with cutesy humor.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, regardless of one's opinion of the series, they do have a point- as you start to make these casts larger and larger by bringing back everyone from the previous movies, eventually you're not going to have enough time to give everyone enough to do and you'll have to either regulate them to near-cameos or cut them from the movie (something that would run counter to the last two movies's main hook of the "bringing them all together" cast size).

Assuming they are adding Statham, you'll need to give a good amount of screentime to him, The Rock/Mendes/FBI characters, the core Vin/Walker/Brewster/Rodriguez cast, plus Tyrese and Han who'll have to get a decent amount of screentime (the former banking off of Transformers, the latter being enough of a fan/director-favorite that he's pretty much the only reason why Fast 4 through (at least) Fast 7 are being set before Tokyo Drift).

rumsmuggler likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, this one will have a tank.

Presumably this is something that happens when you drive across Europe. Feral tanks are a real traffic problem there, it seems.

10. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Yes, add Jason.
    [​IMG]

11. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    All I know is that Gina Carano is in it.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And, contrary to the earlier rumors linked to at the start of this thread, Statham is not in this one.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Over on his FB page, Vin mentioned that the trailer for Fast Six will be out in 6 days.

14. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Yeah it's gonna run during the Super Bowl.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  15. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    These movies suck. Perhaps if the car scenes had all been done for real instead of over-edited un-realistic nonsense they would be worth watching.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The whole trailer? That seems unlikely. Unless they do a regular TV spot that has a "see the full trailer online at..." tag.

17. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    They booked a 90 spot to run in the Super Bowl.

18. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    [​IMG]

this is the only thing i know about these movies

Juliet316 likes this.
  19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    That's all you need to know.

20. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    that's my belief, yes

21. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    you can tell there's been, like, an arc there. maybe a little friction. but now, after some sort of turning point, the rock and vin diesel are now bros

no need to watch the films now, really

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  22. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    It's the exact same thing in the first two films.

This is old, but I still find it hilarious, so I'm posting it:

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I really enjoyed Fast Five way more than the other 4 (though I have a soft spot for Tokyo Drift). I liked that it was more of an action film than a street racing film. I'm looking forward to 6.

rumsmuggler and Rox like this.
  24. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

oh and i also know this^

i may have watched a disgrasian video about fast five at some point... they love the franchise

25. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Do you even lift?

(Sorry, I just figured that there was natural synergy between two dead end cultures that share being hopped up on macho)