main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The Fifty Sentence Challenge - December's prompts, and a question to participants!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Fifty_Sentences_Sock, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Fifty_Sentences_Sock

Fifty_Sentences_Sock Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2010
    And here we have it folks, our first very own, spiffy new, NSWFF ONLY challenge. [face_dancing] :cool:

The . . . *drumroll please* . . .

The Fifty Sentence Challenge

Like drabbles, only . . . less. :p

What is this challenge, you may wonder? [face_thinking]

Well, funny you should ask, because here we have the:

Instructions:

1. Every month, on the first, for as long as people are interested, I will post four prompt tables. Your goal is to take these 50 prompts to create 50 sentences to form a full story.

2. You can do one table; or you can do all of them (for you prolific authors out there ? you know who you are!).

3. Any fandom is up for grabs. But, the same fandom should be used throughout the set of fifty sentences you are writing.

The Rules:

1. Each prompt is for one sentence, and one sentence only. While you should feel free to stretch the laws of grammar and slaughter commas, use common sense while doing so. ;)

2. All of the sentences must be posted together. No 25 of them here, or 25 of them there.

3. Each sentence may be independent of each other, or they may be continuations. (For example: ?How are you?? and then ?Just fine.? may be done under two different prompts.)

4. You may do one table, or you may do all of them. You may do the same table twice for more than one fandom ? the whole point of this is to write. You can keep the same thread; you can keep separate threads (although, if you are going to participate regularly, I would recommend keeping these in the same thread to prevent a mini-fic overload on the boards. ;) ) ? just keep in mind your sanity while embarking on this.

5. Feel free to pimp your posts in this thread, but can you also be very kind to the indexers, and PM us the links to your stories? [face_batting]

6. After the end of the month, that month's tables are dead. [face_shame_on_you]No matter how shiny a dead table may be ? please pick from an open and active prompt table so as to not cause more chaos than needed.

7. There will be no mixing of the themes from the different sets. You commit to a set like a spouse. Learn to love the whole of it ? even the pesky prompts that bother you. :p

8. Do the prompts in order ? once again, learn to love the good and bad of a set. There's no excuse for lazy writers!

8. A no brainer ? but keep the sentences TOS friendly. o_O

9. I had to have a nine here so that ten would feel important. [face_mischief]

10. Have fun! [face_dancing]

Here are some examples done ahead of time by a few lovely ladies:

?Case Study? and ?Fractures?, by Idrelle_Miocovani

?Iridescent Facets of a Gorgeous Journey? and ?Finding Our Way Together?, by Jade_eyes

For further questions, feel free to post them here, or PM the challenge sock or your hostess: Mira_Jade. :) If a worst case scenario happens, all powers that be of this thread shall be handed to Jade_eyes. :D

Alrighty, lets get started! [face_dancing]

2. Fifty_Sentences_Sock

Nov 18, 2010
    Index of Awesome People Who Have Participated:

Continuous Threads

* In The Shadows, by FelsGoddess (Harry Potter)
    * Insights of Middle-Earth, by laurethiel1138 (Lord of the Rings)
    * Alliteration Abound, by mavjade (Multifandom)
    * How Dreaming Becomes Us, by Mira_Jade (Multifandom)
    * Tilting at Windmills, by Idrelle_Miocovani (Multifandom)
    * It Only Takes One, by Master_Jaina1011 (Star Trek 2009)
    * Blurring the Lines, by RX_Sith (Tron: Legacy)

Round One - January 2011

* Sparkle Like Magic, by NYCitygurl, (Harry Potter, All Tables)
    * For the Inner Child, by Master_Jaina1011 (NCIS, Table III)
    * Bring Me That Horizon, by divapilot (Pirates of the Carribean, Table I)
    * By Your Guiding Light, by Mira_Jade (Star Trek 2009, Table II)
    * Irridescent Facets of a Gorgeous Journey (pt. II), by Jade_eyes (Star Trek 2009, Table II)
    * Finding Our Way Together (pt. II), by Jade_eyes (Star Wars, Table III)
    * Crystal Visions, by TheMacUnleashed (Supernatural, Table IV)

Round Two - Febuary 2011

* Elemental, by NYCitygurl (Avatar: The Last Airbender, All Tables)
    * Maladies, by mavjade (House M.D., Table IV)
    * Yup, by amidalachick (King of the Hill, Table I)

Round Three - March 2011

* Fragments From the Cortex, by laurethiel1138 (Firefly, Table I)
    * Brightly Burning Love, by NYCitygurl (Twelve Houses, All Tables)

Round Four - April 2011

* [link=http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_wars_fan

3. Fifty_Sentences_Sock

Nov 18, 2010
    Your All Powerful Tables:

Round One - January 2011

Table I: there was once a boy who lived . . .

01. Bewitched ----- 02. Bravery ------- 03. Charm --------- 04. Intellectual ---- 05. Cooky
    06. Filthy ---------- 07. Family ---------- 08. Sense --------- 09. Rubbish ------- 10. Wart
    11. House --------- 12. Diary ---------- 13. Wand ---------- 14. Alchemy ------ 15. Dotting
    16. Color ----------- 17. Magical ------- 18. Studious ------- 19. Haughty ------ 20. Copy
    21. Voodoo --------- 22. Broom -------- 23. Prophesy ------ 24. Spirit --------- 25. Misstep
    26. Connection ---- 27. Sport --------- 28. Points ---------- 29. Robes -------- 30. Resemblance
    31. Spell ----------- 32. Mark ----------- 33. Lifetime ------- 34. Hold ---------- 35. Draw
    36. Bond ---------- 37. Flamboyant --- 38. Sacrifice -------- 39. Hex ---------- 40. Spill
    41. Potion --------- 42. Wanting ------ 43. Growth --------- 44. Professor ----- 45. Castle
    46. Smoke --------- 47. Always ------- 48. Invocation ----- 49. Demise ------- 50. Portrait

Table II: as we chased the stars from their black, black sky

01. Venture ------ 02. Gravity ------- 03. Try ------------ 04. Disarm ------- 05. Crisis
    06. Worth -------- 07. Cheat -------- 08. Jealousy ------- 09. Wingman ----- 10. Trek
    11. Patience ----- 12. Stunt --------- 13. Bandage ------- 14. Quirk -------- 15. Clasp
    16. Half ---------- 17. Flirt ---------- 18. Celestial ------- 19. Respect ------ 20. Distraction
    21. Collision ------ 22. Logic --------- 23. Burden --------- 24. Barter ------- 25. Quintessence
    26. Nostalgia ----- 27. Officer ------- 28. Commission ----- 29. Maverick ----- 30. Trail
    31. Bicker -------- 32. Meld --------- 33. Match ---------- 34. Tame -------- 35. Back
    36. Frontier ------ 37. Scathe ------- 38. Wreckage ------ 39. Dust --------- 40. Renewal
    41. Pace --------- 42. Assurance ---- 43. Wanderlust ----- 44. Ale ---------- 45. Entwined
    46. Ferocity ------ 47. Far ---------- 48. Other ----------- 49. Orbit -------- 50. Enterprise

Table III: oh, the weather outside is frightful

01. Winter ------- 02. Decorate ------ 03. Sparkling ----- 04. Sled ----------- 05. Wool
    06. Snow -------- 07. Mitten -------- 08. Jingle --------- 09. Hospitality ----- 10. Melt
    11. Nippy -------- 12. Merry -------- 13. Slippery ------- 14. Gift ------------ 15. Skates
    16. Glow -------- 17. Snowball ------ 18. Snowman ----- 19. Bundle --------- 20. Powder
    21. Icicles ------- 22. Kindle -------- 23. Cocoa --------- 24. Wrap ---------- 25. Quilt
    26. Chill --------- 27. Cider --------- 28. Holiday -------- 29. Crystal -------- 30. Company
    31. Holly -------- 32. Pine ---------- 33. Scarf ---------- 34. Festive -------- 35. Bells
    36. Hibernate ---- 37. Blizzard ------ 38. Snuggle -------- 39. Hearth -------- 40. Ski
    41. Cinnamon ---- 42. Celebration --- 43. Chimney ------- 44. Feast --------- 45. Boughs
    46. Spices ------- 47. Aroma -------- 48. Flakes -------- 49. Toasty -------- 50. Together

Table IV ? veers most verbose; variably

01. Verse -------- 02. Visualize ------- 03. Vocalize ------- 04. Veil ----------- 05. Victim
    06. Volunteer ---- 07. Vicissitude ----- 08. Vocabulary ----- 09. Vociferous ---- 10. Vitrine
    11. Veteran ----- 12. Vestige -------- 13. Value ----------- 14. Visor --------- 15. Volt
    16. Vogue ------- 17. Veneer -------- 18. Vanity ---------- 19. Vanilla -------- 20. Villain
    21. Visit --------- 22. View ---------- 23. Virtuous -------- 24. Vignette ------ 25. Valor
    26. Virtuoso ----- 27. Vacant -------- 28. Vanished ------- 29. Veer ---------- 30. Voyeur
    31. Vital -------- 32. Vaudevillian ---- 33. Vivified --------- 34. Violation ------ 35. Volant
    36. Voice ------- 37. Vice ----------- 38. Vindicate ------- 39. Volcanic ------ 40. Voyage
    41. Votive ------ 42. Verdict -------- 43. Veracity -------- 44. Verbose ------ 45.Visage
    46. Vain -------- 47. Violence ------- 48. Variable -------- 49. Void

4. Fifty_Sentences_Sock

Nov 18, 2010
    *held just in case*

5. Fifty_Sentences_Sock

Nov 18, 2010
    *and why not this one too? It looked lonely . . . *

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm so excited for this!! The prompts look awesome :D I especially love the title of the first set :D

And the challenge is awesome!! This is something really unique, but I love the way it's done :) So much fun!

And my first go at it: Sparkling Like Magic :)

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004

Woohoo, our first victi - erm, writer. :p

Thanks for all of your encouragement, and endorsement, Nat! [:D]

:D

~MJ @};-

8. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    This should be fun. I already copied and pasted two tables, one for each fandom I'm doing. One you already know but the other I'll keep a secret for now.

I'll be working on these later on.

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Mira - [face_laugh] [face_laugh] You're welcome!! And thank you for hosting this!!

MJ - I can't wait to see them!! And now I'm trying to guess what the other fandom is . . .

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I've had these tables for forever, and I am just now writing mine. [face_laugh]:oops:

I'm doing the obvious Star Trek thread in which I will write for as many of the tables as I can, and then a oneshot for a fandom with a taste for knives, reveloutions, Tchaikovsky, and the number five. [face_batting]

[face_whistling]

[face_devil]

And Master_Jay - I can't wait to see where you are branching out to!! :D [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi:

Can I use Table 2 and 3, for the threads I already have started: 2 for Irridescent Facets and the 3rd for Finding Our Way? :) :) The snow theme fits Csilla ;) Yesness! And J/J playing and then cozying.

:D

12. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    So, let me see if I got this straight:

[face_monkey] Each word from the table gets one sentence inspired by said word?

[face_monkey] The entire document that is constructed from said 50 sentences does NOT necessarily have to be a coherent fic with a beginning/middle/end and a plot arc but can in fact simply be little glimpses into the characters a la drabbles?

[face_monkey] The fic must be in the nonSW genre?

This looks very intriguing.

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

We were hoping to get this going primarily in the NSWFF arena; but there's no way I can tell you not to use them however you want. ;)

I look forward to reading whatever you come out with. :D [:D]

Correct on all accounts! :-B

It's our way of infusing some life into the NSWFF arena. [face_love] And we would love to see you participate!! [face_dancing]

~MJ @};-

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I used Table #2 for an SW-centered set.

Finding Our Way Together:

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/31279507/r31280004/

16. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
  17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love all the sets I've seen so far. Wonderful job, ladies!! This challenge rocks :cool:

18. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    ANd my ST one is up!

It Only Takes One

ANd my muse is complacent for the night. Thank God.

19. Fifty_Sentences_Sock

Nov 18, 2010
    Alrighty, the index is updated! :D [face_dancing]

Thanks to all of you lovely ladies for giving us a great start.

*puts out plate of cookies shaped as - inseart fandom object of drooling here -. ;) *

20. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Have I mentioned that I love doing these? :D I still have a set that Mira gave me a couple years ago that I need to do... Hopefully sometime soon! [face_laugh] [face_love]

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004

Idri!!!! I am so happy to see you here - you have to know that you and your table requestage is half of the reason that this thing was put up. ;)

*complete and utter glomp*

And your sentences are certainly worth the wait in the end - especially if they feature a high functioning sociopath that we all know and love. [face_batting][:D] Any of them, for that matter. :p

The index will be updated in a few. :D

~MJ @};-

24. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm having trouble sticking to just one sentence. *sighs* :p

25. Fifty_Sentences_Sock

Nov 18, 2010

This is a challenge where the rules of grammar are slaughtered without mercy. :p[face_devil]

Or that may be just me. :oops:

I'm happy to see that you are taking a crack at this, though! [:D]