main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The First Advisory Council Weekly Update (March 4-14)

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Tellesto, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    It's nice to see the feedback from you guys. Hopefully our reports will ease members' fears. We will try to be as open and honest as possible because we represent you!

2. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    Tellesto and rhetoric
    Tellesto and rhetoric
    Go together like a horse and carriage.

I like the flashy words like "Shazbah" and "Trasconstitutionality."
    Are those real words? You'll never know, because you believe every impressive word I say! Ahhhhahahahaha!

3. MetallicPea

MetallicPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Yes, but don't forget Cannonball Run has Roger Moore playing a character who thinks he's Roger Moore.

And the greatest outtakes ever.

4. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    well i can get you the etchings DDH, but they may be a little crude, what with the harsh winter..........but i turn my head up at an audition video, you can't "audition" for soul you know, it just is!

btw Cannonballrun 2 is better, the ape definately seals it......although #1 is great too.........funny thing, in one of those movie books, cannonball run 1 is registered as a bomb, but cannonball run 2 review says that #1 was a box office sucess.....no editor eh?

5. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    You better not be talking about me in there Tellesto...

:p

6. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I have an issue I'd like to bring up to the advisory council.

How is it that a thread such as this, making fun of a JC member, is not only not locked, but enjoys the endorsement of at least two Admins, and is started by a VIP? Can anyone get an answer to that out of the higher-ups?

I tell ya, Darthy is looking like a stand-up kinda guy more and more lately...

7. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    The answer is that people here take things too seriously. Rotational members, perm members, mods with special icons, mods that ban spoiler discussion in forums, it's all minor issues. I'd actually like to take the Jedi Council and go back in time to the Cuban Missile Crisis and throw them in the senate to see how they would have dealt with that issue.
    I've had visions of Just_A_Slacker tearing Castro to shreds simply by glaring...

Honestly though folks, we're talking about that issue right now, it hasn't gone unnoticed. You have to understand that the Slackers were only having a little fun, it was all in humor and older times.
    I have said it in the AC and I will say it here, it's very easy for me to say these things though because I wasn't the target of the aggression, and I also have posted at the Slacker Council before. Some members just need to lighten up and take it with a grain of salt, and others need to turn around and throw some insults right back at the Slackers, give them their fair share of good natured lumps, because they're bound to give you yours.

But we are discussing it, but we haven't gotten an answer as to why it was allowed to go relatively unnoticed yet. I'll keep you guys posted, and you can be sure to read about it in next week's update. It isn't forgotten and it won't be.

And yes Jotun, I'm talking about you in there *cough*IPBan*cough*

8. Jorus_Kando

Nov 9, 2001
    Honestly though folks, we're talking about that issue right now, it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Oh, I know. You're posting in there too.

You have to understand that the Slackers were only having a little fun, it was all in humor and older times.

Last time I checked, posting a thread whose very title is intended to mock another poster was not allowed.

I have said it in the AC and I will say it here, it's very easy for me to say these things though because I wasn't the target of the aggression, and I also have posted at the Slacker Council before. Some members just need to lighten up and take it with a grain of salt, and others need to turn around and throw some insults right back at the Slackers, give them their fair share of good natured lumps, because they're bound to give you yours.

So the whole concept of behaving like adults and not acting like a child just because others are goes out the window, huh? No one told me these were the x boards...

But we are discussing it, but we haven't gotten an answer as to why it was allowed to go relatively unnoticed yet. I'll keep you guys posted, and you can be sure to read about it in next week's update.

Neato! This theater thing is most entertaining. Keep it up, guys. Why, you almost convinced me the staffers give a damn about this place.

ps-- The thread was noticed. But as it turns out, Preacherboy and Comm. Antilles decided to join in the fun.

9. Demo

Demo Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2002
    Quit whining.

10. Jorus_Kando

Nov 9, 2001
    Quit trolling.

11. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    What would you like to be done Jorus, how would you handle the situation? I'm not talking about the second the thread was started, I'm talking about now that it's over.

How would you right this wrong?

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    He won't be trolling anymore. He is a sock of a banned user.

13. Jorus_Kando

Nov 9, 2001
    What would you like to be done Jorus, how would you handle the situation? I'm not talking about the second the thread was started, I'm talking about now that it's over.

How would you right this wrong?

1. The first Admin to step into that thread should have locked it. Or if he wanted to keep it open to "celebrate old times" and all that b.s., they should have edited the title to remove all reeferences to the member that was attacked.

2. Preacherboy should be demoted for the digs he took at JM22. Regardless of his personal feelings, a mod/Admin should act like a professional.

3. The "slackers," revered though they seem to be around here, should be reprimmanded, and a couple banned altogether.

That's how I would handle it.

14. Tellesto

Dec 7, 1999
    It will be taken into consideration then.

15. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    You guys (gals), it's a message board.
    For a minute there, I thought I was watching a re-run of the West Wing.

Telly, nice work on the report, a little long, but it was well written.

16. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Thanks for the reported updates. Keep up al of the hard work.

17. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Jorus, we are not mods. We are AC members. We have each given our thoughts to the mods, and the mods have given their thoughts to us.

In the end, that is all the AC can do, let the mods know how we see it. Its up to the mods to actually act in a manner they feel is right.

Here is one factor that has to be considered, Jorus. In the thread, JM22 said:
    "Okay, all I see is a couple of slackers that don't like me... No friggin big deal!!! "

To me, that means that he is not insulted. If he is not insulted, then is there a need to take action?
    If however JM22 had said he was insulted, then there would have been good reason for banning, locking etc.

EDIT: Shocking Grammar

18. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    My feelings for JM22 have dramatically changed after dealing with him. He has proven that he is capable of learning and improving. For someone who had any clue in the history of the JC, they would see that I was making on sarcastic comment after the color.

Jorus- There's this phrase they have in Satirical Comedy: "If you don't get it (the joke), don't send in complaints!" Furthermore, I believe JM22 is big enough to handle his own situations. If he has a problem with something, he can deal with it without someone else acting offended on his behalf.

This is all a little rediculous; that much should be obvious to everyone here.

19. Jorus_Kando

Nov 9, 2001
    I'm well aware of the fact that you are not mods. But if I expect you to raise the issue with the mods, I have to make you aware of it.

As for JM22, I have to say he's a great deal more forgiving than I am. But the fact is that, whether he took offense or not, the rules were broken. I certainly hope it won't be swept under the rug, as usual.

20. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Prepare to be disappointed. This is an Internet bulletin board, not a preschool.

21. Jorus_Kando

Nov 9, 2001
    My feelings for JM22 have dramatically changed after dealing with him.

Too bad you're still the same unfit mod with the ego problem.

He has proven that he is capable of learning and improving. For someone who had any clue in the history of the JC, they would see that I was making on sarcastic comment after the color.

Well, of course.

Jorus- There's this phrase they have in Satirical Comedy: "If you don't get it (the joke), don't send in complaints!" Furthermore, I believe JM22 is big enough to handle his own situations. If he has a problem with something, he can deal with it without someone else acting offended on his behalf.

I'm his friend. You were apparently too busy poking fun at him to do your job, so I decided to complain.

This is all a little rediculous; that much should be obvious to everyone here.

You mean like your spelling?

22. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Hi, Jedi-Jade, there are 62 people watching me, and you are one of the first added ME!!!

Great to see you on here :)

*Ahem* Easy Jorus... thanks and appreciated, but Easy, Please! I would hate to see you get in trouble for my cause ;)

23. Jorus_Kando

Nov 9, 2001
    JM: I'll listen to you on this one ;)

24. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Yeah, listen to JM22 before I realize that I have a legitimate reason to ban you .

25. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Jorus, please, you are much a wiser man to listen to me!!! ;)

I maybe too humble right now, but I can't have any wrong thoughts that anything I say is wiser than what Jedi-Jade said:

>You guys (gals), it's a message board.
    For a minute there, I thought I was watching a re-run of the West Wing. <

Such Wisdom! I demand this girl to be made a Mod!! I forsee she, Jedi-Jade will run the literature forum well!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.