main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive The Game Designers Guild

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    YES!

i hope that you're holding a spot open for previously joineds... i REALLY wanted to play that game rachel.

and no, we do not share your low opinion of your english skills. simply put they are far above sufficient.;) even us native englishers have our issues with the language and all.

:snoopy

2. TheManinBlack

TheManinBlack Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2007
    A Brave New World

The Year 2012, the year America and the rest of the world fell. It was supposed to be a time of peace, a time of prosperity now that the World had recovered from the economic crisis that dominated the news a few years prior.

But an unknown terrorist group based in Iran has other plans. After breaking into a top secret Chinese biological weapons facility and stealing a bio weapon, known only as Red-13, they unleash it on an unexpecting crowd in Time Square. 3 months later, the virus would claim 65% of their lives. Despite attempts by President Obama and the of the world leaders, the virus spreads among the nations of the world.

With in two years New York, Berlin, London, Tokyo, Paris, and every other major city on Earth is a graveyard. Citizens of every major nation, attempt to escape to less densely populated areas to avoid being affected, but it is to no avail. By 2019, most of Earth?s inhabitants are dead, and for the first time in almost 100 years, Earth population sinks below a billion. Politicians are for the most part, no exception. Even those who survive, have no system from with to govern. While countries still exist, nations do not. The world has changed.

But Man is a social creature, and old habits die hard. With life almost unbearable to all but a few, humans have gathered in communities once more and have begun the slow process of rebuilding. The year is 2097, and in North America a handful of factions have grown into miniature nations of their own, and now have turned their eyes upon each other, as each vies to control the entire continent.

These are their stories.

A Brave New World:

This game will take place in North America, and nations should be no bigger than States?or no bigger than the U.K. if you aren?t from the United States. As such, when one nation rules over the continent, the game will end. Think of the reason why as a new Manifest Destiny. Simple enough

Rules Layout:

The game structure:

Scoring:
    War is not the only way to win this game. By building a powerful trade system, a faction could win, and one of the ways this is obvious is through rewards. At the end of 25 years Game time, and 5 weeks RL. Points and an in game reward will be allocated for doing a job well done with your nation. After the grading period, the process will begin anew with previous grades and previous performance having no input on the next grading period. This will continue until one faction wins.

Format:
    Each player will control a nation or faction. The focus of the game is to tell a story, and this can be independent of the fate of the nation the player controls. This will be a turn based game, so unless it is interacting with another player, one post per turn.

Time:

Each turn will normally be 5 game years and 1 RL week, though if I decide that the action needs more time to resolve itself adequately, they can declare "Interesting Times", and change the ratio to 1 game year per RL week.

At random points in the game, I will throw out Events, witch will affect the game. Anything from a famine, to a great person being born will be an event.

Rule System:

This is heavily cribbed from Wizard of the Coat's Game of Nations, though it has been simplified, particularly the combat (it has been changed to almost entirely GM-fiat).

The Stats

Army: Ground forces of all types, which will change based on the era in question.
    Navy: Boats of relevant tech level.
    Air: Planes of relevant tech level.
    Space: Spacecraft, both military and civilian. Only point to start off
    Population: Number of people, at a scale that will change with setting
    Economy: The level of prosperity of your nation
    Resources: The amount of natural resources available. The more you have. Important during times of War and for Civi.
    Spy: The skill of your faction's spies.
    Tech: The level of technology your faction possesses. Will influence the technologies available to you, as will saying what you are aiming for. (Saying you are trying to create a metal that can withstand the heat atomspere, ect)
    Civil: The level

3. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    A Black Horse Charged across the scrubland, dodging small trees at the command of his owner. A bandit, despised by the Law and every civilian, the one named Andrew ?Bullet? Carson. Andrew stampeded passed the scrubs and into an open meadow. Looking at the ground, he heard the cocking of a gun. Sooner than the gun fired, Carson was out of the bullet?s range and atop of a hill, looking down at the posse. The gang of sheriffs has heard the rumors, but did not believe them, until now. The bandit had jumped from point A to point B without moving a muscle. Witchcraft, some would say, to others it was a godsend. The power to be anywhere at any time was shunned. For those who knew how to use it to their advantage, it was a gift from the gods.

Speechless, the posse stood there while Andy loaded his gun. ?My-my, what do we have here friends? A Jumper?? The voice echoed in Carson?s skull. Paladins had followed them. Soon blood of the sheriffs? was spilt, as Andrew gave his horse a kick to run. He was perfectly aware that he could jump and be out of trouble, but there was no fun in fleeing.

The Paladins soon caught wind of the Jumpers? attempt to escape. They knew this one to well, and would not be fooled by mind games. The horses flew over hills and across valleys, as both forces shot back at one another. Jumpers and Paladins have fought throughout history; normally the Paladins were victorious. Ever since guns had risen, there was protection from the crusaders.

The paladins were gaining; guns raised, aim dead on. Two got on the sides of Andrew, while the other was behind him. Carson kept going, and the horse went faster. The four were heading straight for a cliff.

Heh heh...

?Go-on get him!?
    They raced toward the cliff, then one noticed.
    ?Shoot him! Shoot him now!?

Andrew ran off the cliff then jumped behind the Paladins, as the three tried to stop. all fell to their death, except for the one smart enough to dismount the horse. Unaware that the Jumper was pointing a gun at him, he looked over the cliff and cringed at the horrid sight.

?Ya know? some call me Andrew ?Bullet? Carson because they think I am faster than a bullet. Other say it is because my bullets never miss a target. But, I says it?s because an outlaw always carries an extra bullet.? Andrew spoke, pulling out a bullet and loading it, chuckling at the end.

?Your filth, one who defies God. Someone with a blood-stained bullet!?

BOOM!!

The sound of gun firing echoed for miles, passing the freshly killed corpses, which once belonged to the sheriffs. Gun smoke flickered in the wind, slowly escaping the barrel. Andrew holstered the revolver, and mounted himself on the horse. He then ran far from the cliff, and jumped.

He was gone.

Impulse

[u][b]The Game[/b] [/u]

[i]Welcome to Impulse![/i]

Some of you may, or may not have seen Jumper. Do not worry; you do not have to see the movie to play in this RPG. The settings, is as you can see, the Wild West. Yet, you can travel anywhere, within reason. You have to see a picture of a place, or have gone there, to Jump to that location. I?ll get more into Jumping details later, for now read what is below.

This is not a sandbox game, meaning there are no-goes. For instance, I will not let you travel anywhere at any time, without my consent. The story of what goes on will be revealed in game, alone with other tidbits before the beginning.

[u][b]Playing a Jumper[/b][/u]

Your character will be a Jumper, no matter what. I will take an old saying and adapt it to my cause: Jumping is a privilege, not a right; At least in my game. You won?t be on a leash, but I?ll kill off your character if you jump to another continent and bringing back a pyramid and slamming it down on your enemies. You will be allowed to jump a cart and throw it at an opponent, or jump across a river, or to another town. You have to have a picture, or have been there to jum

4. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Just asking; how many of you would be interested in a Fable RPG?

5. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    And what exactly do you plan to offer? Free dog with every character? An exciting real estate simulator? A tour of the wondrous fantasy world of Not!England? Fable's gimmick was that it offered you the opportunity to choose who you wanted to be, and regardless of how well or poorly you think it did in achieving that ambition, extending it to many players whose goals may lead in completely different directions doesn't sound like it's going to work without an extremely capable GM and extremely capable players, neither of which I'd particularly count on.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I see no reason why a game set in the Fable universe would be any more or less difficult to run than a regular sandbox game. The real problem, IMO, would be if the strength of the setting alone is enough. Games in the RPF tend to have the freedom (Or illusion thereof) that Fable offers in a video game experience. So, aside from the setting, there really aren't any attractive draws you can directly control unless you offer a compelling narrative.

Nonetheless, given the decided slowdown in the NSWRPF, I'd say it'd be worth a shot.

7. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
  8. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    To MIB: It´s a complicated setting for something that seems to be a Civilisation (setting advanced age) type of game. I am not sure how the game benefits from the sitting in a real world.

To Hero: Sorry, but I can´t say it any other way - it might be difficult to start a game nobody cared about. I have nver seen any opinion expressed around here about Jumper. which is even worse than people ignoring it. AND - Thrid game I say this. Threatening your players mean threatening the lack of players that will sign on!

Stop posting things like "I´ll kill you off if you don´t follow the rules". It makes you look like a GM with a problem in leading players and makes me think it´s not a game for people who know how to RP but for beginners.

9. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Free dog? That might just work...[face_thinking]

10. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I must respectfully disagree.

Just because the franchise is not readily discussed does not mean people won't be interested. If the OP is strong enough, then there you go - so strengthen that OP!

11. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    This is something I hear a lot around here. I´d love to think it´s true. Brilliant OP get´s the message to the men.
    But except IH´s Oz (which actually has an RPF star doing it) I see no game that truly made it despite it´s franchise was unknown.

I think it is something we should truly discuss one day around here (for the lack of a better discussion group). How do franchises truly work in the NSWRPF?

IH´s Market-Theory said a few things about it, if I remember correct.

12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    I haven´t doomed it, but it´s just . . . if you base somthing on a frnachise tihs serves a purpose. At least it should. Jumper can´t serve that purpose. And what I see in it is . . . it´s a real franchise game, not a story set somewhere . . .

But everybody is encouraged to disagree with me. My observation was simply cold statistic.

13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Clearly, the purpose is to generate interest. So why can't Jumper serve that purpose? Simply because it's not well-known on the RPF? I'd think that that is an advantage, personally.

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I think it could go either way. On the one hand, if you're not playing a well known franchise, you've got a flexibility to play with the setting to your heart's content. On the other hand, the franchise can no longer serve as a selling point, so you've got to have a really compelling narrative or what have you to drum up interest.[face_thinking]

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Just something fun which will be making its way to the RPF over summer, I believe. [face_peace] A game from the SWC Acolytes of Darkness group - the Sith Fan Club, so to speak. It refers to the plot of the infamously popular Sith Trials games, and is successor of sorts, though not the official, and it only partially refers to the plot of Trials II as requested by the creator of said game. It also neatly ties up continuity from the Shattered Galaxy to the Sith Trials to the Force Cold War to the 128 ABY Saga. Because I can. :p

[b]145 ABY ? Acolytes of Darkness - The Shadow War[/b]

[i]A hundred and thirty-two years ago...[/i]

The sands of Korriban ran red with blood. A great and terrible legion combed the land for Sith, be they loyal or of the heretic Red Sith sect, and an armada threatened to bombard the world into ash if victory was not brought. Wedge-shaped destroyers, round-nosed cruisers and ax-shaped frigates trained their weapons on the surface, an army of monstrosities from ancient times ? Kerestians, tu?kata hounds, even a few terentateks ? storming Dreshdae and the Valley of the Dark Lords.

They were led by the Kiasyd.

Monstrous Sith, determined to usher their own version of darkness upon the galaxy, the Kiasyd have struck at Korriban in a first strike ? much as Admiral Daala attacked Yavin 4 as the beginning of her campaign against the New Republic a year prior. And just like that, the forces of the New Sith Order, the Star Destroyers of the Empire Reborn, trapped them, even as armies of wraid and hssiss all roared from the tombs of the Valley at the Dark Lords command to crush the invaders.

The Kiasyd retreated, taking their dead with them, so defeated they would never make such an attempt again. But it was not long before the Jedi came ? pursuing the Disciples of Ragnos, and the Order was forced to flee, weakened at the key moment when they could have triumphed over the New Republic once and for all. The Red Sith took their own path, but the survivors of those treacherous days grew anew.

The Acolytes of Darkness were born.

---

[i]Forty five years ago...[/i]

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/f/f9/Fury_starfighter.jpg/250px-Fury_starfighter.jpg]

The ships fell out of hyperspace one after the other. Some were large enough to swallow whole shuttles, and others small enough to be fighter craft. But they were all the same angular, black design. The rulers of the Acolytes of Darkness strode from the tombs of Ziost, the Marauders and apprentices emerging, a tide of black cloaks dozens in number.

And then they emerged from their ships, similarly attired in dark robes, hundreds of Sith led by a man in Yuuzhan Vong armour and flanked by a female Chagrian and a tall and imposing Weequay. ?I am Darth Krayt, Dark Lord of the One Sith, Dragon of the Order.?

Our leaders said nothing. They did not bow. They did not kneel.

But an understanding was made, and the Acolytes joined the tide of darkness.

---

[i]Seven years ago...[/i]

The strike came without warning. The massive Sith Academy burned, and crumbled, and the bombs did not stop. Black robed Sith died, and the order fled into the stars. Some left for Korriban, as tools of the Dragon, but the rest launched for the Unknown Regions ? anticipating, expecting, and planning.

She came, the Dark Lady [b]Darth Ardeur[/b], and they understood her, and she, them. The Dark Lord was gone, the ancient master that had served in the Sith of old, though it was undoubted he would return. Delving into the research of the Silver Jedi, they discover the truth. For now, they have a new enemy ? an enemy they quickly recognised was behind the old threat ? the old dangers, the hand behind their ancient foe.

They are the Tzmisce.

[image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LBDwWDTNczc/RkfVCTyp_3I/AAAAAAAAAhQ/2EGum4_8p0c/s400/Tzmisce%2BLord.jpg]

Not that it mattered who they really were.

Old rivalries could wait.

The Jedi could die without them.

---

[i]Two days ago...[/i]

[image=http://library.galciv2.com/mvlib/ss/Fullview_ch07.JPG]

The

16. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    !

My Red Sith! :eek:

[face_love]

-I_H

17. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I have a Game Idea I'd like to submit for review, and I could use a couple of co-GMs after the bugs are worked out. :)

A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away...

Star Wars: Lords of the Expanse, The Cleansing of the Nine Houses

Tapani Sector, Dynastic Era, 3,997 ABY(8,733 Tapani calendar)

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/c5/Tapani.jpg]

It has been three years since the beginning of the Great Sith War, but there are still many places that have not felt the touch of it. But even so, the Tapani Sector is on the brink of Civil War, the Great Houses can no longer be controled by Emperor Leocald VII. Even his own house has lost faith in him, and seeks to have him removed from the Throne. House Mecetti seeing an opportunity to take Power begins to broker deals with lesser houses in an attempt to disrupt the balance of power between them and House Pelagia. But they aren't the only ones plotting to gain the throne, each house seeks to find advantage in the coming chaos. House Pelagia, fearful of Mecetti's Mecrosa Assassins has contacted the Jedi in hopes that they can negotiate peace between the houses, and protect them from the Mecrosa Order. A group of Jedi Shadows are dispatched to investigate the matter.

The Story:
    House Mecetti has been waiting for a chance to take control of the Empire since the Advent of Shey Tapani from House Melantha, and the instability caused by the Great Sith War has allowed them to gain political advantage through Manipulation and Assassination, they will stop at nothing to gain what they believe should be rightfully theirs.

Information and History:

Great Houses -
    The Tapani Noble Houses were the ruling families of the Tapani Sector. When the Sector was first colonized, there were twelve houses. Two were destroyed in the civil war Shey Tapani initiated, while another collapsed on itself shortly there after. Competition between the houses was fierce, and there were several civil wars.

House Barnaba -
    House Barnaba was a coalition of noble families that ruled the Barnaba Province, which was located in the Tapani Sector.

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/dd/Barnaba_Symbol.jpg]

All Records of Notable Members from this period have been lost.

House Cadriaan -
    House Cadriaan was a coalition of noble families that ruled the Cadriaan Province, which was located in the Tapani Sector.

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/20/Cadriaan_Symbol.jpg]

House Calipsa -
    House Calipsa was a coalition of noble families that ruled the Calipsa Province, which was located in the Tapani Sector.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/07/Calipsa_Symbol.jpg]

House Mecetti -
    House Mecetti was a coalition of noble families that ruled the Mecetti Province, which was located in the Tapani Sector. It was considered to be the most bellicose and arrogant of all the Tapani Noble Houses. After the Great Sith War, House Mecetti sponsored the Sith inspired Mecrosa Order.

[image=http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/60/Mecetti_Symbol.jpg]

High Lord Tritum XI
    High Lady Brezwalt III
    Viscountess Mireya

House Melantha -
    House Melantha was coalition of noble families that ruled the Melantha Province, which was located in the Tapani Sector. The most famous member of the house was Shey Tapani, who united the Tapani Sector, and House Melantha ruled the sector for 16 generations.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e1/Melantha_Symbol.jpg]

House Pelagia -
    House Pelagia was a coalition of noble families that controlled the Pelagia Province of the Tapani Sector. House Pelagia held greater esteem for honor and dignity than the

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Ooo... Dune meets A Song of Ice and Fire meets Eberron meets Star Wars... sort of.

Whatever, I'm liking the concept.:D

While I feel the background has been nicely fleshed out, I think the game play itself could use a little more explanation. Yes, we have battling nobles, but how exactly? Is this a sort of strategy game, or more of a sandbox with alliances shifting as players see fit? For that matter, who precisely sees fit to it? Is everything determined by the GM and Co-GMs, or do high-ranking player characters have a say (On a less important note, you may want to address the possible ranks as well).

Suggestions aside, it's a very appealing template, and the format design is very pleasing to the eye.

19. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Thanks for the input! :D

I still have a bit of work to do, and I'll definitely try to flesh out the areas you said. I'm just not entirely sure how I want the game to play yet. :( Any suggestions on that would be welcomed. :)

Evil.

20. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    NO MORE HEROES

[image=http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o453/anggor/Darkman_Vito_Joe_Henry_Mafia_2.jpg]

?Welcome to Chicago kids, nothing much to see here. No really punks, Daily is making sure the trains and clocks run on time, the cops are doing there rounds making sure these streets are safe , and most importantly I don?t care what your slack jawed, pea brained friends told ya? but this ain?t a freaking? speakeasy! Maybe they exist in this town, but I?m not telling you!?

?Ahhhh, you?re a friend of Paulie the Clubber? Sorry kid, can?t ever be to careful. I mean I have half the force on my payroll, but that still means half ain?t. But you look alright, and I understand you need a job after what happened to Paulie. I don?t have any for yea, I just sell the booze, I?m not the one who gets it.

Hey don?t you fret little man, stay here and keep your ear to the ground and you?ll go places. I?m not kidding either boy, rumors and hints of work come here more than any other place, because this is a bar after all. And these organizations like to keep themselves small and tidy, limit there number of loose ends. That means one simple thing, they?re always looking for free lancers like you. Prove your self competent and loyal, they might even make you a made man. Hell, if your feeling spunky, once you get a good vibe on how things go here in the Windy City, you can start your own little crew. That would be priceless, me prep talking the future King of Chicago. But who am I to laugh at that, funnier things have happened, like Capone?s rise to power. But your going to need to know how things work a bit here first. Don't this info is free, not like its anything special. You probably already know it, you seem smart enough, but this just to make sure kid. No one else is going to tell this up front, this is a dog eat dog world after all. I just eat other types of dogs.

[image=http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o453/anggor/294709.jpg]
    The Thunder Ryu. An Asian gang controlling the entire West Side of Chicago lead by Akria Fukushima. One thing about the Ryu is they never break their word, in that regard their like modern day saints. But cross them, or get on their bad side without protection and you?re a dead man. They?ll kill you, your family, and that old lady who you help with the groceries. Not only do they have a hand in the normal booze trade, they have their hand in Smuggling and Fencing hot goods. Anything from diamonds to people, is brought into and out of this country thanks to them, and if you just got your hands on a few marked bills, they clean it up for you. So if you ever get into the smuggling business or have something to unload, their your guys.

[image=http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/scepterchild/the-godfather-marlon-brando1.jpg]

The Salrone Family, they control the North Side of Chicago. Lead Don Peter Salrone, this guys are the oldest gang in town. They have their hands in everything, but focus on there areas. Alcohol, Gambling, and Hitmen. Its because of them half the guys in town either lose all their money or wind up with a bullet in their head, making their wives very wealthy widows. These guys are always looking for freelancers, as they like their organization small and manageable. If you want in, your really going to have to prove yourself.

[image=http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/TOPO_ST/tonymontana.jpg]

[image=http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/4umTroll/tony-soprano.jpg]

The Diaz Brothers control the South Side of Chicago. Snakes, liars, cheaters don?t even begin to describe them. Turn your back to them, and they?ll put a dozen different sized daggers in it. The only people Felipe and Alberto trust and will treat with respect, is each other. Still they not only have a hand in the Booze trade, they also have an iron grip on the tobacco market ever since that was outlawed with the 21st Amendment. Not only that, but they control the Arms market, so if you need a good gun their your guys. Besides, these guys are always recruiting, so if you want some protection

21. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    If we ever reform this thread we must come up with a rule for people to post three games in a row. When I check here once a week, I´m usually overrun by posts!

So, in the order of posting.

145 ABY

Aother entry to our ever-moving ABY universe. My first question, why 145? It could have happened within´ known timeframe, could it?

The story itself (Sithsect fighting other Darkside-Monsters) is actually pretty good. Evil only games are rare. And obviously a lot of fun. The non-realted history facts are a little distracting. Maybe a post IC in the beginning to construct contuinity might serve your purpose better. Instead we could use a little flesh over the bones. Who are the Kiasyd? How many? Have they civilians? A civilisation? Slaves? Ships? Blasters? How many Acolytes? How many ships? Only Acolytes or do they have soldiers?

All in all an intruiging plot with a lot of background. But a little to little about thwe game itself.

Lords of the Expanse

A piece of Star Wars History! As I recently advocated this stuff is not done often enough. To the game itself . . . I can only agree with what has been said before. My advice on the idea "how this should be played" is . . . personal. It´s a tragedy of Shakespearean quality. And that´s the way you should treat it. If you play it as a strategic game all the personal intrigue and drama will get lost in people posting numbers.
    That said, I think it needs a lot of work, but it´s totally worth it. Because it is a good concept you have there. And it could play out in a unique way.

No More heroes

Gangster´s in Chicago. I´ll do it later, as my duty calls now.

22. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    NO MORE HEROES

[image=http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o453/anggor/Darkman_Vito_Joe_Henry_Mafia_2.jpg]

?Welcome to Chicago kids, nothing much to see here. No really punks, Daily is making sure the trains and clocks run on time, the cops are doing there rounds making sure these streets are safe , and most importantly I don?t care what your slack jawed, pea brained friends told ya? but this ain?t a freaking? speakeasy! Maybe they exist in this town, but I?m not telling you!?

?Ahhhh, you?re a friend of Paulie the Clubber? Sorry kid, can?t ever be to careful. I mean I have half the force on my payroll, but that still means half ain?t. But you look alright, and I understand you need a job after what happened to Paulie. I don?t have any for yea, I just sell the booze, I?m not the one who gets it.

Hey don?t you fret little man, stay here and keep your ear to the ground and you?ll go places. I?m not kidding either boy, rumors and hints of work come here more than any other place, because this is a bar after all. And these organizations like to keep themselves small and tidy, limit there number of loose ends. That means one simple thing, they?re always looking for free lancers like you. Prove your self competent and loyal, they might even make you a made man. Hell, if your feeling spunky, once you get a good vibe on how things go here in the Windy City, you can start your own little crew. That would be priceless, me prep talking the future King of Chicago. But who am I to laugh at that, funnier things have happened, like Capone?s rise to power. But your going to need to know how things work a bit here first. Don't this info is free, not like its anything special. You probably already know it, you seem smart enough, but this just to make sure kid. No one else is going to tell this up front, this is a dog eat dog world after all. I just eat other types of dogs.

[image=http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o453/anggor/294709.jpg]
    The Thunder Ryu. An Asian gang controlling the entire West Side of Chicago lead by Akria Fukushima. One thing about the Ryu is they never break their word, in that regard their like modern day saints. But cross them, or get on their bad side without protection and you?re a dead man. They?ll kill you, your family, and that old lady who you help with the groceries. Not only do they have a hand in the normal booze trade, they have their hand in Smuggling and Fencing hot goods. Anything from diamonds to people, is brought into and out of this country thanks to them, and if you just got your hands on a few marked bills, they clean it up for you. So if you ever get into the smuggling business or have something to unload, their your guys.

[image=http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss137/scepterchild/the-godfather-marlon-brando1.jpg]

The Salrone Family, they control the North Side of Chicago. Lead Don Peter Salrone, this guys are the oldest gang in town. They have their hands in everything, but focus on there areas. Alcohol, Gambling, and Hitmen. Its because of them half the guys in town either lose all their money or wind up with a bullet in their head, making their wives very wealthy widows. These guys are always looking for freelancers, as they like their organization small and manageable. If you want in, your really going to have to prove yourself.

[image=http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/TOPO_ST/tonymontana.jpg]

[image=http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb132/4umTroll/tony-soprano.jpg]

The Diaz Brothers control the South Side of Chicago. Snakes, liars, cheaters don?t even begin to describe them. Turn your back to them, and they?ll put a dozen different sized daggers in it. The only people Felipe and Alberto trust and will treat with respect, is each other. Still they not only have a hand in the Booze trade, they also have an iron grip on the tobacco market ever since that was outlawed with the 21st Amendment. Not only that, but they control the Arms market, so if you need a good gun their your guys. Besides, these guys are always recruiting, so if you

23. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Only one remark. I am confused about the time-period it plays. Texts sounds like 30ties while all pics are from nowadays. Probably a time to orient myself as a player. Would help getting my mind into the game. Instead of making me figure out what it is, while reading.

Lord of the Expanse was my favourite WEG product back in the days. Loved it. I agree with Fin, though. Make it about people not units.

24. TheManinBlack

Aug 1, 2007
    Fixed that with the Gangsters Paradise section. It takes place in 1935, though the Eighteenth Amendment is still in effect.

25. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Will do, I just need to figure out exactly how I want the battle system to work. I'll also need some rules of engagement for open warfare between the houses, they are after all, nobles. What would they be without rules and standards? Even if they do tend to bend or break them constantly.

Evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.