main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Journal of Talon Tantiss (DDC 2013 ) Updated 22 Dec 2013--Complete.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I've always imagined cleaning droids to be like Roombas in SW. Very cute part about the pitten - I can relate. My cat has been at my side since I got back.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Talon is definitely his father's son in the shut that droid up now department -- AHA! [face_laugh] The secret's out. Talon liked Fuzzy too. [face_shhh]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001

They are definitely brothers. :rolleyes: [face_laugh]

Here I was going to feel sorry for the droid, having to live with the son of a serial droid-muter… :eek: but he ought to respect the pitten. [face_shame_on_you] You go, kitty! Tell that metallic whiner what's what.

Aww, alien felines are so cute. Sometimes I think one of ours is an alien, too. He does this thing while washing his feet where he spreads his toes out so his feet look like little hands. Never seen a cat that did that quite so dramatically before.

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the pitten and being home for him. And droids and the various reactions are always fun to see around

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I hope no one files charges on the Tantiss family for droid mistreatment . :p Do droids have a union?

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I think it was in Dark Empire that Han brought Leia to an old apartment that he had set up when he was a smuggler as a safe house. Inside was a little cleaning droid that talked. He called the droid Zee Zee and it was humanoid in style. There are Roomba type droids also.

That is always the way it works out...at least for cats. It seems that cats are attracted to people who ignore them. And cats have a way with people. My husband hated cats when we first married, but now it is not odd to find him taking a nap in bed with a cat on his chest, one on the pillow above his head and one on his legs. Talon likes the pitten. He can't deny it.

I had a cat that would do that with his toes also, but only that one. Our new cat must be part Maine Coon and Ragdoll. He is huge and he lets the kids pick him up and he just turns to rubber. He'll let them carry him around on his back or they will toss him over their shoulder like a furry scarf. I've never seen a cat that docile. He was born to a stray barn cat. I sometimes wonder if one of those horses kicked him in the head as a kitten.

&
    Do you know why I silence all of the droids in the Tantiss family? I hate having to write about droids. Whenever I do a L/M story you almost never see Artoo or See Threepio. :p Now pittens are like cats and I can write about them all day long.

I thought I would now write a little family time together. Some of what is said in the following entry are experiences the characters had in the fanfics Second to None and The Journal of Mark Tantiss.

Entry 67

In honor of my graduation from Jump School my mother decided to give me a surprise gift…a family camping trip to the Vlassy Nature Preserve. This is a very secluded and primitive wildlife refuge on the planet Garqi in the outer rim.

Arrgghhh! Why?

I would send my mother a message every week from Jump Trooper School complaining about being forced to bivouac all the time. I guess I should have explained to her that bivouac is the military term for camping!

I was about to try to get out of going but was startled when my father’s voice popped into my head, ‘Go Talon, please!’

Every once in a while I can pick up thoughts projected from my father, but never this clearly. I looked at him and then to my mother who was practically beaming with joy at the thought of spending time with me. I smiled at my mother and told her that sounded like a wonderful time. Later my father told me that she put a lot of effort into the trip and talked about it for months while I was gone. She knew Jaden couldn’t go because of his college classes, but she was really looking forward to spending time with her ‘baby’ after being gone so long. So after spending four months of misery in the field, I get to look forward to another week of misery in the wilderness with my parents.

I thought it would be just my parents and me, but then my mom told me the really good news. The Skywalkers are going with us. Oh joy. What a wonder vacation that was to be (heavy sarcasm intended). I love my cousins, but all of them together at once can sometimes be annoying.

I got to be around Jak and Owen whose creepy twin talk made me feel like I was having a conversation with a two-headed Troig. Teenage daughter Hanna accompanied her brothers and was a royal teenage pain in the butt. Hanna blamed me for having to go on this camping trip and complained incessantly how she hates being away from her boyfriend. After the tenth time she complained to me I told her to knock it off or I would tell her dad she’s dating a guy at the Temple. That shut her up.

Thank the Force that Ben was there. He totally made the trip bearable.

There were some funny parts of the vacation, like when a bunch of birds started flying around my Aunt Mara’s head. We think they were attracted the smell of her shampoo.

Ben and I spent time making fun of his dad’s ugly shorts and new haircut. That man has no taste in clothing and I often wonder if his barber is a Kowakian Monkey Lizard with a bowl and a pair of scissors.

What was fun was huddling around the campfire at night and listening to our parents talk about the good old days…you know the time before I was born. Dad was sitting on a log with mom next to him. He had an arm draped around her waist and they were looking all sappy and in love. My Aunt Mara and Uncle Luke were looking the same. My heart clinched at the sight and I wondered if I would ever find anybody special like they did. I pushed those thoughts out of my head. I didn’t want to get all bummed out about my break-up with Ema again. I was somewhat relieved when Hanna asked her mom and dad to tell her again how they met my parents.

“I met your Uncle Mark while in the medical bay of a Star Destroyer after we both were evacuated from Wayland,” my aunt said.

“Back then I looked almost exactly like your father,” my dad pointed out. “I had blond hair and blue eyes and was only a little taller than him. We think I was taken out of the cloning tube prior to reaching my full intended height. Your mother was unconscious when evacuated from the planet; therefore she didn’t know your Uncle Han found me in a stasis cylinder after the fight with C’baoth. So when your mother saw me in the ship infirmary she thought I was your dad,” My father turned to Aunt Mara and gave her a big smirk. “So she started hitting on me thinking I was Luke.”

“What!” Mara yelled at my dad. “I was not hitting on you!”

My father snorted. “I know, you thought you were flirting with Luke.” He turned to Hanna and winked. “She had a crush on your dad even back then.”

Aunt Mara scowled at my father but didn’t argue that point.

“Anyway she came into my room and was talking to me saying she wanted me as a friend and perhaps something more…” My dad chuckled as Aunt Mara reached over and smacked him on the shoulder. “Ouch!” he protested. “It’s true.”

Ben and I chuckled while the twins laughed in unison, which is creepy. They’d probably be great a synchronized swimming.

“So what were you thinking Uncle Mark?” Owen asked.

“I was thinking, ‘Who is this good looking woman flirting with me’. That was until she said that she once wanted to assassinate me. Then I thought ‘Who is this good looking crazy woman who escaped from the mental ward’.”

I laughed. I have heard parts of this story before and I’ve always found it amusing.

“You should have seen your mother jump when I walked into the room,” Uncle Luke said to his children.

“She saw me lying in the hospital bed and Luke in the doorway,” my dad continued. “She jumped about two meters away from us and said something like, ‘Whawhawha whaaatt!!'

“I didn’t say that!” Aunt Mara griped.

Uncle Luke grinned. “You’re right. We can’t repeat in front of the children what you actually said.”

They laughed and talked about their early adventures for the next few hours and I learned a lot of things I never knew before. For example, I didn’t know my dad was somewhat of a prankster when it came to Aunt Mara and Uncle Luke. He would tease them a lot during the time prior to them getting married. Dad supposedly acted as a matchmaker for the two.

I got to hear about my mother’s captivity on Byss and Dad rescuing her while dressed like an Imperial Sentinel. I heard versions of the story before but I guess I never realized how dangerous the situation was. My father thought there was a slim chance he would leave Byss alive. In fact all of them thought it could become a suicide mission very easily…but they went anyway. They needed to kill the Emperor Reborn and save the galaxy once again.

I guess this camping trip wasn’t a bad idea after all. It was good to see my parents having family time together and I haven’t see Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara so relaxed and at ease. Usually the burdens of the galaxy are on Uncle Luke’s shoulders…but for a few days there was just family and togetherness.

I’ll remember this trip for a long while.

Demendora and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A very nice trip for him. Love his comments on clothes and teenagers

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL on Talon's commentary. Very happy the grown folks could unwind and just be with each other and relax! L/M do need that like more often than once a decade :p I am also happy Talon is appreciating this moment as it is unfolding instead of 10 or more years from now, with the thought: I should've enjoyed it while I had the chance. [face_thinking]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  9. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Its good Talon gets time to spend with his family. I think its just what he needs

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Great family moments! It's surprising how much you learn about your parents when your older and they open up to you.

Nyota's Heart and Jedi_Lover like this.
  11. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Very good chapter, and it brings back memories of Second to None, Lots of good family time.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Those stories are so much fun!

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Hazel, newdawn12, Briannakin, EmeraldJediFire, Nyota's Heart and earlybird-obi-wan for reading and taking the time to review. I wish the profics had more family moments. I think it would help the readers to have an affinity with the characters. None of us has wielded a lightsaber, but we have families. It is a way to relate to the Jedi better.

Thanks for reading.

~JL~

Entry 68

I went out with Nalli’ti the other day. We've been hanging around a lot. I don’t think I would call it dating in the traditional sense. We are just enjoying each other's company. She doesn’t want a relationship; I don’t want a relationship…so it’s all good.

I like her. She has a weird sense of humor. It is not exactly dark or dry or highbrow. I guess I’ll call it quirky. I never know what she is going to say from one moment to the next. Maybe it’s a Zeltron trait.

One thing I don’t like is when she checks out other guys. I’m not saying that because I’m jealous. That’s not it at all. What I don’t like is when she checks them out and then asks me if I think the guy is hot. What? How would I know? Of course she doesn’t believe me when I tell her men can’t tell when other guys are attractive.

“You mean you don’t think he’s handsome?” she asked me one day while we were at a nightclub. She was pointing at some man about my age. He was tall, with dark hair and average build…but there is no way that I would know if he were attractive and I told her so.

“Oh please,” she said incredulously. “Do you know when a guy is ugly?”

I shrugged. “Yeah, I know a lot of butt-ugly guys.”

She looked at me with one eyebrow raised. “Well, if you know what an ugly man looks like then you should know what the least ugliest fellow would look like.” She pointed over to the man in question. “Is he the most or least ugly guy you have ever seen?”

I frowned. She has a way of getting me to answer her questions. “Fine, he is not the ugliest man I have ever seen. I would put him in the bottom ten percent in the ugly scale.” I took a sip of my drink. “Are you happy now?”

She gave me a smug smile. “Yes, I am.”

I pointed a finger at her. “Now that I admitted he’s not hideous don’t start suggesting weird things like a love fest. I am not into group activities.”

She laughed at me. She knows that despite my bluster I am not very adventurous when it comes to my love life. “No," she said. "If I wanted a threesome I would just ask the Skywalker twins.”

I spit out my drink and stared at her slack jawed. “What?” I sputtered. “Did you ever ask them? Were you ever with Jak and Owen?”

“No!” She laughed again. “But I’m sure they’d be willing. You told me they do everything together.”

I shook my head. “I’m sure that is one thing they don’t do together.”

She gave me a sultry look. “You never know. I once dated identical twins. You would be surprised what those two did together. One time we…”

“Stop,” I interrupted her. I found out fairly quickly that Zeltrons would tell you just about every intimate detail of their life if you let them.

“What I was going to tell you wasn’t bad, but I know how you hate it when I talk about my love life.” She hesitated for a moment. “My cousin once dated conjoined twins.”

“Knock it off!” I yelled and then reached over and tickled her along her ribs. That gets her every time.

“Stop it!” she laughed while slapping my hands away.

“It’s the only way I know to stop you from talking.”

She gave me a wicked grin. “You know another way.”

I acted like I was put out, sighing deeply and rolling my eyes. “But I don’t want to.”

“Liar,” she said as she reached her arms around my neck and pulled me to her lips. I ran my hands through her blue hair as I deepened the kiss. She’s right; this was one sure way to keep her from talking. I sometimes think she tells me these creepy stories just to get that particular reaction.

Oh well, it works.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] That is one quirky conversation but it worked all right [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  15. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Zeltron's are a handful...two members of his family can vouch for that

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Talk about awkward conversations [face_laugh]

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Awkward. Great update.

18. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Sorry for lack of response. I was away for some time without internet.
    Such a beautiful family reunion. I wish there were more of such sweet and warm family moments, where out favorite characters are not fighting Sith or Empire or some jerks *cough*Jacen *cough, but just relaxing and having fun. =((

Talon's date with Nalli’ti[face_laugh] She is strange, but funny gal))I Like her!;)

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love his conversation with the Zeltron.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks earlybird-obi-wan, Demendora, Briannakin, Hazel, EmeraldJediFire, and Nyota's Heart for reading. In the story Sacrifices I painted Talon Tantiss as a womanizer, so I can't have him without a girlfriend very long. Talon isn't really a womanizer, he just gets his heart broken with the women he does date and most of his exploits are figments of the sleemo media. He just hasn't met the right woman yet. I didn't want to break his heart to many times, so that is why he is with a Zeltron student. When I looked up the species in Wookieepedia it said they really weren't big into monogamy. So I thought she would be a good woman for him to hang around with as a friend with benefits without making him feel like a player.

So now Talon gets some time with his father on the battlefield.

~JL~

Entry 69

I was requested for a Jump Trooper mission. Well, actually my father was requested and he asked my master if he could bring me along. That is fine with me. I like working with my father.

Entry 70

My dad and I traveled with a Battalion of Jump Troopers to the planet Vannix. It is a Core world populated by humans. There were two insurgent groups fighting the planetary government for control. Usually the Galactic Alliance doesn’t like to get involved in local planetary conflict unless there is unusual circumstances, such as genocide, the use of child soldiers, rape gangs or the use of weapons of mass destruction such as poison gas, nerve agents, biological weapons or the use of nuclear weaponry.

Sentient Rights investigators were sent out to the planet and reported that ethnic cleansing was occurring on the planet. One ethnic group was attempting to eradicate the presence of another ethnic group in the area. Mass graves were found. In response to these atrocities, the Galactic Alliance sent a brigade combat team, which consisted of infantry, Jump Troopers, field artillery, air and support battalions.

We were to assist the official government to crush the large guerrilla forces that have been overtly attacking the local populace and to try to root out the underground elements that were conducting espionage and sabotage.

Fighting irregular forces is especially difficult. With a conventional war we know who the enemy is. The foe is dressed in uniforms and has military bases that we can target. Guerrilla warfare is totally different. In most cases we are not at war with a country or planet where the conflict is occurring. We can’t swoop in and bomb the enemy’s position because they may be located within a community of innocent civilians. We instead have to go into a town and search out the enemy building to building. Any airstrikes have to be surgical. We need the help of the locals to maintain a good flow of intelligence.

The trouble is the GA military follows strict rules of engagement but the enemy often can care less if there is collateral damage during a battle. Unfortunately, that was the case on Vannix.

Entry 71

Our first few days weren’t too bad. I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get to do any combat jumps right away, but my dad said I shouldn’t be too anxious, we’d be rushing up to death’s door soon enough (I really didn’t like the way he phrased that).

Instead of the armored jump trooper suit we wore camouflaged fatigues with light body armor. We looked just like other combat troopers except we had special shoulder epaulets signifying we were Jedi Assets. Uncle Luke had wanted us to wear our Jedi robes all the time while performing these duties, but the military didn’t want that. They had nothing against the Jedi (at least not officially), but a few times my dad did deploy in his robes he had problems. The ground troopers didn’t like being around him, referring to the Jedi robes as ‘Basterbolt magnets’. It was true. It seems that every hostile in the area liked the idea of killing a Jedi. I am not heart broken about wearing combat fatigues. Like my father, I am not overly fond of Jedi attire. If I am swinging a lightsaber I really don’t need heavy robes whooshing around my body and getting in my way. The cloaks snag on nails and branches and they are impossible to keep clean while in the field. As far as I’m concerned the Jedi robes should only be used for noncombat functions.

My dad and I went to the Brigade headquarters to get a sitrep. Once there we discovered the forward operating base had come under nighttime sniper fire during the past week. The troopers sent out probe droids to search out the location of the sniper, but nothing came up in the droids’ thermal sensors.

“They are using a slug thrower so we can’t see a blaster bolt trail and they are probably wearing ambience suits,” said the Colonel in charge. “It disguises their thermal signatures.”

“Do you have counter-sniper operations up?” my dad asked.

The Colonel nodded. “In the next building over we have our snipers stationed. If you want to do some Jedi sniper magic, feel free to try.”

My dad nodded and motioned for me to follow him. We went to where the snipers were located. Dad talked to a GA sniper named Gerof Llennoc.

“I think we can locate the sniper using the Force,” my dad told the man.

“How would you know if the person you are shooting at is a friend or foe?” the sniper asked.

“Would a friendly be wearing an ambience suit?” my dad asked.

“Probably not.” The sniper pointed to his weapon lying on the floor propped up by a tripod. There was a hole cut through the wall for the sniper to shoot through. “Have you ever used a Karpaki Fifty slug thrower?”

“I’ve trained with it. Is that an infrared scope on it?”

“Yeah.”

My dad motioned to me. “We can help. My son and I will try to sense the sniper through the Force. If I don’t see a heat signature through the scope where I sense the person’s location we can assume we have an ambience suit wearer.”

The sniper shrugged. “Be my guest. You can’t do worse than I have tonight.”

So that is what dad and I did that night. We turned down the lights in the room and my dad settled down behind the weapon. I was lying prone next to my dad with some nightview/infrared macrobinoculars. We reached out with the Force trying to sense anybody out in the distance, especially someone with evil intent. After an hour we felt somebody out in the forest. Dad looked through the infrared scope. “I don’t see a heat signature. Can you sense them, Talon?”

I looked through the macrobinoculars. “I can sense him, but I don’t see any movement.”

“It’s too dark for those goggles in the nightview mode and if they are wearing the suit the infrared is useless. Gerof, are you awake?” my dad said without looking up from the scope.

I heard the sniper crawl up to us. “Yeah.”

“I have somebody out there. Sentient, most likely human or near human and no heat signature indicating he’s probably in an ambience suit or cloak. Requesting permission to take the shot.”

“Let me make sure we don’t have friendlies out there. Do you have coordinates?”

My father gave him the scope coordinates and Gerof contacted his senior officer verifying that we weren’t about to lay down friendly fire. After a few minutes he turned off the comlink. “We’re clear. No friendlies in the area. Take the shot.”

My father didn’t say anything but I could feel him pull the Force to him as he concentrated on aiming the rifle. After what seemed like an eternity I heard the loud report of the slug thrower. It was almost deafening in the small room. I had switched my macrobinoculars onto infrared in a hope to see a blood trail. What I saw shocked me. Shortly after my dad fired the weapon there was a blossoming of heat from the area where we sensed the possible sniper. I wasn’t exactly sure what I saw…it was like an explosion of infrared heat.

In the dim light I saw my father look up from the scope and turn to Gerof. “What type of slugs are these?”

“Explosive tipped,” the sniper said softly.

My dad groaned. “I thought the GA wanted to restrict those slugs to equipment-only targets?”

“An ambience suit is equipment,” the sniper said matter-of-factly.

“Kriff!” My father swore.

“What’s wrong Dad?”

“That big expansion of heat was blood and flesh. Tomorrow we will probably find chunks of that sniper over a fifty meter radius.” He got up. “I don’t appreciate you putting me in this situation, Gerof. I follow GA rules of engagement.” He tapped my leg with his boot. “Come on Talon.”

I got up and we went to the headquarters where my father reported the incident. He was pretty hot…but we did get the sniper who killed five soldiers in the last week. I am not sure what to feel about the incident. It was true we used ammunition not approved for use on sentient beings, but I don’t know how it would have been better if my dad put a conventional slug through the enemy’s brain.

Dead was dead.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo JL! =D= I felt I was right in the midst of the action. =D=

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  22. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Very true..

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Great update. I loved the action. And Talon is right: dead IS dead.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Now he is in the middle of the action and war is ugly.
    He is so right about the Jedi-robes too

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great action here!