main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends The Lair's Xanatos Challenge Stories - Updated 11/20! VaderLVR

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by fallen_one, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Broken Nose I love how Xanatos seems to struggle to keep his superiority when finally confronted with someone more powerful than himself. Well done. :)

Finally, here's my own (very short) attempt.

Intervention

?20,000. Not a credit less.? Xanatos Crion stared at the female Twi'lek, his eyes unmoving under the grey-black hair that hung in his face. The Twi'lek stared back, her features hard, but Xanatos knew when he had her. It was only a fraction of a second, but he noticed the quick downward movement of her eyes before they looked up again. He had won, like he always did.

She reached into her pocket for a bundle of credits, her eyes never leaving him and held it up in front of her. ?Have your men take the merchandise to my ship. No tricks or the Emperor will hear about it.?

?Tell your Master that I won?t accept his ?punishments?, messenger. He better get used to the idea that I won?t do as he says or this was our last deal.?

The Twi'lek snorted in contempt. ?Let your illusions of freedom blind you, Crion. Sooner or later you will be his slave just like everyone else.?

The man?s eyes flashed dangerously. ?I serve no master.? He took the credits out of her hand and strode off, commanding one of his men to take the weapons to his customer?s ship, then entered his own transport, black cloak billowing behind him.

Xanatos sat in his private room, the holographic star map in front of him, his eyes staring at the little points of light. So much life on all those planets and so much fear among them. He smirked. What the universe didn?t understand was that the notion of different sides was an illusion. There were no sides, only individuals. Those who made their way and those who were too weak to try. Xanatos expected no help and he didn?t help anyone.

The comlink on his desk beeped and he reached over to press a button. ?What do you want?? He could almost see the person on the other side flinch at his harsh tone and his grin became a bit wider.

?We?re approaching Tatooine, Master.?

?You know where to land.? He flipped another switch and stared at the artificial stars for a moment longer. Then he downed his drink, put the glass on the desk and left the room.

Tatooine's suns were broiling as always, but the man in the black coat didn?t even break a sweat as he strode across the barren land towards the old sand crawler and the figures standing in front of it. He secretly detested the small hooded creatures, never sure what to expect of them, but when he reached them, his face betrayed nothing.

?What do you have??

One of them motioned towards a hatch in the crawler and Xanatos went inside, his senses alert. Taking one of the blasters from the pile, he inspected it closely, then threw it back on the floor and turned to the creature now standing behind him. ?These are worthless. Do you have anything else??

The small figure hissed a few angry words at him and gesticulated around the room. Xanatos looked at him full of contempt. ?I?ll give you five thousand for the whole lot.?

Another angry barrage of words was his answer.

?I can easily buy somewhere else. Five thousand or nothing.?

There was a short silence, then the hooded creature nodded once, hissed out a few more swear words and left the crawler. Xanatos followed to overlook his men taking the weapons into his ship.

He stood unmoving under the suns, arms crossed over his chest, eyes hard. The air seemed to hold its breath as the transfer was taking place and Xanatos kept his senses alert for any presence. The place where he had his contacts had to be kept secret or he would lose his most important business.

It was only a slight stirring in the Force, but Xanatos identified the ripple immediately. Another being was near. Remaining outwardly calm, he probed the air around him. A sneer broke his face as he strode towards a low overhang of rocks, reached behind it and pulled the intruder out.

His sneer widened when he saw that it was a small

2. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Ha! [face_laugh] Why am I laughing? I dunno. That just struck me funny the way Xan just casually killed little Luke! [face_laugh] I'm sick I know. :(

Great job with cold evil Xan! =D=

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I thought it was funny, too. Not even a big speech, just stab and go. [face_laugh] And I loved the idea that he didn't need a servant who could be more powerful than him. :cool:

4. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    [face_laugh] Joins the laughter. Well, that fate shortens the movies. :D

I loved Xan?s cold, one-way only business sense. Xan killing Luke is good! and Luke was my first love too. [face_laugh] :p

I particularly liked another He needed no help and he helped nobody after the little whelp bought it!

5. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Nice work to everybody! Xan is fascinating to read about, I'll bet he's even more interesting to write!

6. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Altaira Oh that was cold and wonderful! I wasn't expecting that! Love your dark Xan. :D

Well, that fate shortens the movies. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

7. fallen_one

fallen_one Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2004
    Congrats to the authors nommed in the Before Awards for their Xan Challenge viggies. There was a tie between two of them. :D

tangled_sphere and obi_ew

8. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Twins! [face_love] Congrats o_e! Yay Xani!

9. fallen_one

fallen_one Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2004
    Okay new challenge time!

Evil Xanatos Challenge!! [face_devil]

1) Xan must be truly evil. ie: He can?t be undercover and just pretending.

2) He can not be redeemed! No Hallmark moments at the end.

3) Your challenge is to make him as close to his Jedi Apprentice counterpart as possible!!!

Make him mean and nasty!!! [face_dancing]

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: An Uneasy Arrangement
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Xanatos, OC
    Timeframe: post JA, AU
    Genre: Angst, vignette
    Summary: A young woman finds that she might have gotten more than she bargained for when she deals with Xanatos.

Author's Note: Layren had already requested a Dark Xan, and it fit so nicely with this challenge. So, here it is.

An Uneasy Arrangement

The man considered me with cold blue eyes. I shivered beneath the weight of his gaze. I was not a sheltered young socialite; I had been raised on the mean streets of lower level Coruscant. I had seen the best and worst that the galaxy had to offer. But this man, this one with the icy stare, scared me as little had ever done.

His features were handsome and he was well formed, almost too perfect.

Perhaps the beauty of that face, marred only by a single scar, was made unbearable by his eyes. They were hard and angry and seemed to regard every being around him with ill-concealed disgust. This man did not care for anyone or anything beyond himself.

We had temporarily thrown our lot together while we negotiated the complex black market of this star forsaken planet. I had more experience dealing with the natives and he had more money. He needed information and I needed the fat fee I would collect. For the moment, we needed each other.

?You?re sure that they?ll be here,? he asked me in a husky whisper.

?As sure as one can be about these things,? I answered, jerking my chin up. I had learned to never show him any weakness. He pounced on such things like a krayt dragon jumped on a wounded kitling.

?I?d hate to end our partnership,? he growled.

I shrugged at him, unwilling to let him see how his words unnerved me. I had no doubt that any dissolution of our deal would end in bloodshed, most likely mine.

We sat there on that cliff overlooking the space port for what seemed like hours. But he never fidgeted or settled himself into a more comfortable position. His utter stillness made me uneasy.

Finally the silence made me so anxious that I had to break it.

?So why did you want to track down these Jedi, anyway??

He remained silent for so long that I thought he might be ignoring my question, as he had done so frequently during our time together.

?They are of interest to me,? he finally said in a tone that was so silky it was almost a purr.

I felt a pang of pity for any creature that had attracted his interest, even a Jedi.

?So what you gonna to do them once they arrive??

?Why are you so interested, Andhra??

?Just curious, that?s all.?

?You know what they say about curiosity, don?t you?? He still did not turn to look at me; his gaze remained locked on the beings exiting the space port.

?No. What?s that?? I pretended to study the passengers as well, though in reality I simply could not bear to look at him any more.

?It kills,? he said in a very friendly tone.

That shut me up for a while, but another prolonged silence prodded me to venture into those dangerous waters once more.

?Seriously, Xan, what?re you gonna do?? I said quietly. ?I don?t need any trouble with the locals. I make a good living here.?

?You don?t need to worry about your livelihood, my greedy little friend,? he assured me.

I grunted, unable to identify what about his response had made cold fingers run up my spine. ?Okay, just so we understand each other.?

?Oh, I understand you perfectly,? he said.

It was rather chilly this high up and I began to shiver. To my shock, he pulled me close and wrapped his arms around me. ?You?re a tiny little thing, aren?t you??

Trying in vain to push him away, I wondered what had caused this swift change in attitude. I felt his rough hands force my chin up so that I was looking into those cold, dead eyes. They were beautiful; every hue of blue that one could imagine. They resembled the sea and the sky. But they were completely lifeless.

?Come on, Andhra, you must provide some of your clients with a little extra service,? he murmured as he lowered his lips to

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Wow! Loved it! Xan was evil and just ozzed nasty! :D Lucky girl to get those kisses. [face_batting] And I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but it had certain undertones I found yummy. :* Bravo! =D=

12. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Really, obi_ew?? Now, you know I wanted to send you a little Valentine treat so yes, there was a little something for you, too! [:D]

13. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Wow VaderLVR!!! That was awesome!

I agree with OE ... Xani just ooozed evil... brilliant!

14. Xans_girl

Xans_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2004
    Excellent! I'm quivering with excitment!

15. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    See, evil Xan. :D That was really good. I loved how she looked back up at him as she was falling away. He's one piece of work. Great job.

16. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Wow, VL. Such great description and dialogue. I just love how you've written Xan, as well as your OC. =D= Very evil.

17. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    VL: You write a wonderfully nasty Xan, and yet in a way, he was lovable too! :D

Disclaimer: I own nothing. All characters belong to either Lucas, Wolverton, or Watson.
    Timeframe: TPM duel (AU)

This is my first time writing an evil character. Here goes nothing...

A Good Day

He lingered in the shadows watching as the three performed the sacred dance of death, each lingering only long enough to seek an opening for the next step. Their arms waved frantically high and low, circular and horizontal. He watched, seeking a weakness. The younger was shoved callously from the walkway.

He stepped out from behind the energy beam he had lingered behind, walking purposefully toward the three combatants. The elder of the three continued the trek down the pathway striking viciously and precisely. Red walls snapped into place separating them from the youngest of their group. The Jedi padawan ran forcefully after the two opponents trying desperately to gain back the momentum he had had when the duel began.

He smiled as he felt the agitation roll off the young man in waves. He had carefully planned this moment. Working with the sith had been anything but easy, however, once convinced of his sincerity, they had agreed to incorporate his long desire of revenge in with their own agenda.

The shimmering walls came down, the sounds of clashing sabers echoing down the corridor. He followed the padawan as far as he dared stopping just behind him when the walls once again reasserted themselves trapping them in separate chambers.

His former master was tiring, he could feel it. The edge of his lip curled in a sneer as he watched Maul run the Jedi through with the short end of his lighted staff. He felt the signature flicker, faint but still alive. It wouldn?t due to have Qui-Gon Jinn die.

The padawan screamed, his denial rumbling throughout the chamber. He smiled as the thrill of defeat and anger rolled over him from the cell in front of him. The young man had yet to detect another presence, had yet to turn around. The walls deactivated unleashing an extremely agitated young man. His blows were quick and precise, hard and unforgiving. He fed on his anger and this thrilled the man to no end. He could use this. He walked over to the slain master as the two rivals fought for dominance. He lifted the man onto his side and whispered within his ear.

?Watch your creation, my old Master. Watch him fall.?

Qui-Gon weakly shook his head and turned his eyes onto the one supporting his frame. Eyes widening, he stared into a pair of sapphire ice chips. ?No,? he breathed, ?You can?t be.?

A feral smile curved the pale lips, ?But I am.? He lifted his gaze in time to see Maul push the boy over edge of the melting pit.

Making sure that Jinn lay so that his vision would not be blocked, he walked deliberately over to the pit. Kneeling down, he leaned slightly forward and locked eyes with Obi-Wan.

?Well, well, what have we got here??

Obi-Wan?s grip tightened on the nook he had managed to catch onto. ?You?re dead,? he whispered. ?I watched you die.?

?Did you? And here I thought the two of you just walked away without a backward glance. I?m happy to hear that you actually stayed around to make sure the job had been done.?

Maul swung his saber down hitting the edge of the pit. Sparks rained down upon Kenobi smarting as they hit tender flesh. Xanatos raised a hand and the sith apprentice paused in his ministrations.

?Now young Kenobi, the two of you need to make a decision.?

?And what would that be?? Obi-Wan?s hand slipped. Pressing his booted feet against the side he managed to swing his arm back up onto the niche.

Glancing at Qui-Gon, Xanatos outlined their choice. ?I could help Obi-Wan up and he can witness you die, or, Jinn can witness the demise of his padawan. It?s really up to you.?

?Some choice. How about if I come up there and we can watch you die.?

?Tsk, tsk, young Jedi. Sounds as though you?re getting a bit cross there.?

Obi-Wan closed

18. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *shudders*

Such wonderfully wicked Xan ladies! Loved them both!

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

You killed Obi!! :_| Brilliant but so sad! :_| Your Xan was so bad he was good. [face_batting] But poor Obi. :_|

20. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    Oh Xanatos fics! Yay! I really wish there were more out there...

obi-ew
    Guilty By Association aww cute little crechling Obi! That was sweet with a nice hint of foreboding.
    Risen From the Ashes Xan killing Vader...how can I not like that? I think Xan's personality was perfect here. Everything he says reminds me of the JA Xanatos.
    "Ah, yes. Such a devoted servant you are," the mocking voice crooned.

VaderLVR
    To Face My Demons melted face Xan! You destroyed his good looks! How sad.
    If only he?d had the decency to die that day.
    I think that line is great. It sums up Obi's feelings perfectly.
    From the Mouths of Babes Another cute crechling Obi-Wan! Obi-prankster...
    A Gift From the Past oh the joys of "good" Xan. Xanatos' story was sweet. I love the idea of Obi and Xan working together
    ?Well, I?ve managed not to murder anyone lately. Can you say the same?? [face_laugh]

tangled_sphere
    Destiny It's a good thing you decided to continue this. I might of had to hunt you down if you didn't. Then, of course, I would of had to resort to begging since I'm not very intimidating. ;)I love it by the way. :D
    In From the Cold Poor Obi-Wan! After all that work to hide Luke...it seems he has finally surrendered. Looking at the big picture, this is heartbreaking.

Indra He killed Luke! That was truly evil...killing a child. I didn't think Xanatos had it in him, but then again, he is evil.

Bekah You. Killed. Obi-Wan. :_| Pure evil Xan. [face_devil]

They're the ones I read. I'll come back and read the others soon. Great job to all the authors!

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Bekah_K I ought to be very angry with you :mad: You killed Obi-Wan. But you did it with such style that I must forgive you! Wonderful evil Xan fic!

22. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Bekah Oh nooooooooooooooooooo you killed him!!! What a marvelously wicked Xan too! Great job!!

23. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Bekah That was soooo evil. I'm in awe of his evilness. Great job with this. You should write evil more often!!!

24. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    EVIL XAN! :D

VL Looks like Xani doesn't treat his help very well ;) That was VERY brave of her to help Xani in his evil plans. I really enjoyed this, so dark! And of course Xan, well... [face_love] *Mumbles something about needing help!* ;)

Bekah So evil! :D I had no idea what evil plans Xan would come up with and I should have known he would want Qui to suffer...ALIVE :_|

Great job with this Bekah!

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks to Shaindl for the look see and Greenday for the title. :)

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

His heart beat a rapid tattoo as he slowly traveled through the labyrinth of corridors. The muted blue glow of his lightsaber blade highlighted the frantic lines burrowed into his skin as his eyes skipped wildly from side to side. The message had been cold and abrupt, just like its sender.

Planet Dathside. Sunset. Or one you love dies.

Obi-Wan had experienced many things in his years as a Jedi. None could have prepared him for the knowledge that his late mentor?s greatest enemy was alive. It was impossible, after all, to imagine that Xanatos could have somehow survived the acid pool on Telos. Obi-Wan had watched with his own eyes as the Dark Jedi had been eaten alive by the bubbling cauldron of toxins. No being could have survived that fate.

And yet somehow Xanatos had done the impossible. He was very much alive and thirsting for vengeance. Obi-Wan?s blood ran cold as he contemplated just who his old nemesis held captive. Anakin had joined his classmates on a fieldtrip to Alderaan just days ago. After receiving the message, he?d placed a frantic call, only to discover that the local authorities had been unable to reach the Jedi leading the small group. A sweat broke out on his forehead as his mind conjured an assortment of evils Xanatos could be subjecting the boy to.

Tightening the two-handed grip he had on the hilt of his ?saber, Obi-Wan stepped through a huge doorway that stood at the end of the hall he was in. He sensed a disturbance emanating from inside, the Force currents buffeting him like a gale. Bracing himself for whatever lay ahead, he swept the dimly-lit room with Force-enhanced vision.

The breath caught in his throat as he spotted a figure hanging in the center of the room. The victim's hands were bound together with a set of heavy durasteel chains that were attached to the ceiling and pulled tautly above their head. It was impossible to decipher who the person was, their head covered by a plain sack. Toes dangled several feet above the floor, the legs encased in Jedi tunics and boots.

"Anakin."

Obi-Wan?s agonized whisper was greeted by a low, sensual chuckle. The familiarity of it had the blood congealing in his veins. He?d know it anywhere, having heard it in his nightmares since he was thirteen. The tall, black-clad figure that suddenly materialized behind the hanging victim shot him a wide mocking smile.

"Hello, little one. It?s been far too long," the smooth, cultured voice greeted him.

"You?re supposed to be dead."

Sapphire eyes gleamed with malice at his heated words. "Perhaps you and Jinn should have stuck around to make certain of that. But alas, you were too arrogant to even consider you might have failed."

"What do you want, Xanatos?" Obi-Wan nearly snarled, anxious to free his apprentice and finish the fallen Jedi once and for all.

A death mask settled over the pale, nearly-perfect features at his words. "I want to make you suffer, of course."

"Still preying on innocent children, Xan?"

The edges of the thin lips twitched at the taunt. "Oh, I will admit that my initial idea was to take your new Padawan?s head. But then I got to thinking. You never wanted the boy in the first place. You?d most likely thank me for freeing you from the burden of raising the slave boy."

Obi-Wan took a threatening step forward at the jibe. "Shut up! You know nothing about me or my apprentice."

A careless shrug greeted his retort, a pale, elegant hand lifting to clasp one of the hanging victim's thighs. Tilting his head back, Xanatos?s curtain of shiny black hair streamed down the back of his black cloak as he studied his captive.

"Oh, I think I know you better than you know yourself, little one."

Obi-Wan couldn?t seem to tear his gaze away as the hand began to slowly stroke the tan-clad leg. The cerulean eyes briefly met his, a manic light glistening in their empty depths.

"I have to applaud you for your taste, Obi-Wan,"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.