main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The London Film Club - A Chat about Films

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I splashed out on the HMV exclusive version....I'm a sucker for an exclusive cover and I loved the film :p

I also saw Howl's Moving Castle over the weekend and really enjoyed it. The quality of the animation is just breathtaking and the story was both great and bizarre. Part of me enjoyed it more then Spirited Away.

2. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i don't like cartoons...

3. TemplarJedi

TemplarJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2000
    I'm sorry this one is a bit late and frankly I should have known better with a star called 'The Rock' whose real name is Dwayne...

"Doom"

My great aunt's funeral was more entertaining. And Blake's Seven had better monsters.

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I think Doom got mentioned earlier on in this thread. You could have saved yourself 90 mins of your life if only you'd read it sooner :p ;)

Anyone planning to see/getting excited about Mission: Impossible: III (or M:I:III which I find confussing).

I wasn't but this past week I've had a sudden urge to see it due to its director and I was quite impressed with the trailer. M:I:II was rubbish but I did like the first one. And Simon Pegg is init so maybe I'm swayed but have trouble admitting it ;)

5. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I haven't been to the cinema since seeing the Da Vinci code, but aim to see Superman soon :D

Anyone heard anything about the new Terry Gilliam film Tideland??
    Looks very interesting and is due out here in August. Looks like a more arty type of film so will probably only get shown in small arthouse cinemas.

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Pirates of the Carribean 2: Dead Man's Chest is out 7th July! Go see or I make y'all walk the planks :p

A-har Mateys! *goes off to grow pirate beard and find eye patch*

7. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Going on hols, but shall see it when I get back.

I'm looking forward to Transformers next year - yes, a long way off,but I'm excited now :D

8. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    finally got to see the new superman trailer the other night.
    some day all films will be made with this much respect,care and love.

9. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    We (Germans) still have to wait till the end of july to finally see it :(
    But I really, really hope it's worth the wait.

Yesterday I found out that there has been released a Teaser Trailer for Spiderman 3 :eek:
    Here is the link to the official side: clicky
    Do I have to write that a teaser trailer contains SPOILERS? ;)

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I've heard very good things about PotC2, so hopefully our fears wont be met :D

And Superman has been getting excellent reviews too.

The Spider-man 3 trailer doesn't work for me. I think it's a QT7 problem which I don't have, but I'm hoping someone will mirror the trailer soon and I may have a better chnace of seeing it.

11. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Hey gaiatha! :)
    Well, we won't spoil ya on the 7th then :p
    I have no worries for POTC2 at all, it's going to be fun :D
    Spidey 3 looks great too. Guess it's easy to make me happy lol :p

QT is always a hassle IMHO, trying to take over my comp! Matt, if I see another version I'll let you know asap.

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Nah, I'm going to spoil Jule rotten after I've seen PotC2 next weekend [face_devil]
    M&S do a range of PotC chocolate, so you can even take a bite of Capt.Jack if you like....yummy! :D

Thanks Tim, if you find anything just post here. I'm running on an old OS so I can't have QT7, but I do much prefer QT to WMP but as an Apple man I have to say that, don't I ;)

13. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    I could take a bit of Captain Jack home with me. I'll take the lot and mould a complete Captain Jack just for myself. ;) (drool drool, slobber)

14. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Hey timbolton [face_peace]

YouTube is your friend ;)

15. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i have a bottom-of-the-range dell pc and i can view the new spiderman trailer no problem.
    now,i won't get into the whole continuity dumbing down debate,mainly because my thoughts regarding this latest sequel might be considered as plot spoilers to non-comic book fans...
    suffice to say that i'm looking forward to this film immensely,but not as much as superman returns,which i watched the trailer for,too many times last night.

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Needless to say I recommend Tideland for next week, but how are people feeling about the new Miami Vice film??
    I'm quite liking what I've seen of it, and Michael Mann is a director I respect. Ant told me they filmed it all on DV which always intrigues me too.

17. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Well, it looks better than the tv series which is a great start :p

18. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    ???
    amberstarbright!!!
    are you kidding?
    i saw most,but not all,of maimi vice round my mates house,as my mum and dad didn't like it.
    one of the best shows that showed the excesses of the eighties,and one of best cop shows that went far beyond its buddy-buddy format.
    it was,at times,hard hitting in its social commentary and even towards the end of its run,when it had more than its share of guest stars who were rock singers,it was still an excellent show.
    but you'd have been about four when this show came out?

19. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I was born in 81

Mike has all of them on video and tried to get me watching them but I was bored :p

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    All I remember is the eighties suits and the white Testarossa. Sadly I think the Testarossa's been replaced but so have the eighties suits, so not all bad news :p

I'd like to see more of the original series, largely because of all the things you said about Jamie. Will you be seeing the new film? I can't think of anything else that's coming out for the rest of the summer now.

21. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I don't know, Colin Farrell looks pretty dodgy still.

I've been told by Mike I AM going to watch them [face_worried]
    He's got series one on DVD and is now looking for series 2. Well, at least I know what to get him for xmas :p

22. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    yeah,we'll most probably go and see miami vice on sunday,matt.
    didn't get a very good review on ceefax,though.

video,amber?
    video???

23. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol he recorded them years ago before the dvd ;)

As I said, he's got series one on dvd and wants series two, infact we had a look at series two today at best buy

24. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello guys :) I hope you are doing well. I have been bugging Jeannette to watch a few more episodes. She watched it back last year and did not care for it but I am hoping that she will give it a second chance.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Working in a cinema I get glimpses of all the films currently on release

I must say from what i've seen of Miami Vice it doesn't look hugely interesting...but I've probably missed the best bits :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.