main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive The Machine Wars - (a Star Wars/Terminator crossover)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dubya_Scott, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    OOC: I'm really sorry this is so last minute, but my internet has been down. I'm going away for a week and will be back next wendesday. Until then I would be very grateful if Dubya could sort of have Sparrow tag along with Finch for that time. I would have sent a PM, but like I said my internet is down. I'll be back and ready to RP next week.

Have fun guys.

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002

OOC: Isn't that a coincidence. I'll be away for four (4) days this week, Thursday through Sunday, for a Disneyland/Universal Studios vacation. So unless Sithy and Seremela can carry on by themselves for a few days, the game may have to come to a halt until at least Monday. But, again, I won't be leaving until early Thursday morning, so I still have a couple days to post. ;)

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Mitch Nifesta, the Last Bolt, Ewlla Iillor, Darth Unlucky foyer.

Mitch watched carefully as the humanoid reacted by pinching the bridge of his nose, and closing his eyes for a moment.

He had never really understood the point of pinching one?s nose. True, he had never taken the time out to find out what the deal was, as even to a several centuries-old being such as him, ?life was too short.?

The agent eyed the hand that the humanoid had on the butt of his hip-slung blaster. If he did pull it, Mitch was going to try out Jedi Kibeena?s cho mai amputation move with his lightsabre, see what the fuss was about.

He did not interrupt Korr?s thinking, and as silence settled in the vehicle bay, he imagined the fluidics and cogs of the alien?s mind working on the problem.

Seemed he had to close his eyes to do all his deep thinking-

?Fine.? Mitch saw that he had re-opened his eyes, but narrowed them as they met Nifesta?s own. ?If that?s how you want it, Goc it is. But when it comes to what?s going on, you?ll have to ask them. ? He nodded towards the paramilitary types.

Mitch relaxed onto the hard bulkhead at his back, and thanked his lucky stars that the Last Bolt had chosen his vessel to seek adventure on.

The reason the A.E. (Artificial Extrapolation, generations ahead of mere Artificial Iintelligence) was called the Last Bolt, was because it had resided onboard a stolen Republic Seinar Systems vessel of that name, and when Sienar had kicked up a stink in the Senate, SGIS had been forced to give the vessel back.

The Last Bolt had jumped ship and hung around Headquarters for a few months, before doing the software equivalent of running away to join the circus. Which was why it was on his ship, reluctantly backing his ?God of Cops? story. He wondered if it felt dirty.

He wanted to say something sarcastic: call Korr, ?Apple?; that sort of thing, but he opted to keep it professional, aware of just how big a favour the ?Bolt had done for him.

Instead he looked from Korr to the camouflaged humans, and back. ?I will go first, to cut through the guano and double-talk.? He announced, bringing up his left hand, splayed so that he could count off fingers. ?Jump in anytime fellas-?

?Okay.? Said Michelle.

?I hadn?t meant, precisely that second.? He muttered, a bit miffed at the interruption to his Big Comeback.

She continued: ?We come from a different world, or dimension, or universe, or whatever... A world that?s been taken over by machines called Terminators. All machines are assigned to either kill or enslave the human population.? She patted the astromech?s dome. ?Not you, of course.?

?But that?s all that?s on our planet.? Added her companion. ?Just humans and machines.?

?Well, the only intelligent things. And the Terminators discovered a way to time-travel. They even sent a Terminator back in time to kill our leader when he was just a boy. Luckily, that machine?s mission had gone awry. But anyway, we came across one of their time-displacement devices earlier today. Fearing that they were up to something again, our team,? She gestured to include her companions.

?And we are hoping to stop them spreading their war on this world to, too.? The older, thin-haired trooper added, ?That?s why our whole team came through.?

Nifesta stared off into space, thinking. ?Well that explains the metal rancor. He commented, more to himself than the others. ?Only way that thing was an agri-bot would be if it was a tree-logger activated on the wrong planet, asking itself,? He adopted a dumb slow voice for the last bit. ?where the drokk are all the trees??

The agent looked bleakly towards the humans, silent for a pause in which he almost blu

4. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Michelle Thornton, Eddie Miyano, Paul Dunlop

The big white twi'lek was using a bunch of words they didn't recognize. Rancor, agri-bot, drokk, hyperdrive, frag, choobies... The Earth humans couldn't understand everything he was saying. But "concussion missile" came out loud and clear.

"Concussion missile," Miyano repeated. "Now that sounds like a weapon." He grinned, looking over at his human teammeates.

"It's a good thing we ran into you," Dunlop added. "This ship will do quite nicely in the coming battle."

TAG: Sithy, Seremela...

[b]IC: Fincher, Sparrow[/b]

Sparrow gently set the girl down on the other bed. Looking at her, she brushed the girl's hair aside, revealing her youthful face. She looked so peaceful, but Sparrow knew she was weakened and in pain. "You poor girl," she spoke softly.

"I hope they'll give us something useful about the Terminators," Fincher said, looking down at the two humans. "Where they came from, how they got here...I wonder if they even know anything at all."

[b]TAG: Sithy...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]OOC:[/b] About taking the story back to Earth...maybe a little further into the game. First of all, as of right now, they have no way of getting back to Earth (just as Kyle Reese was stuck in the 1980's in the first [i]Terminator[/i] movie). Also, I've got some plans for the Terminators in this Star Wars Universe. [face_wink]

But anyway... I'll be back here on Monday. [face_happy]

5. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Ikea (Jawa lookout), sandcrawler 142.
    Close Encounter of the First Kind: Sighting

Ikea had developed a hobby with the pack of cards, thin rectangles of white card with glyphs on one side, that he had picked up from a spaceship wreck, many seasons before.

Sitting at his designated window on the port side, ostensibly scanning the endless desert wastes, he picked a card between two short black digits, and with a practised flick of the wrist, could spin the projectile some distance, so that one corner stuck, with an audible tish sound, in the grease coating an interior wall, or his personal favourite, this shift, the back of Oslo?s hooded cloak.

No point saying brown cloak; all their cloaks were brown.

The other jawa was gazing at the view ahead, doing the same job.

Flick. Spin. Tish

Flick. Spin. Tish

?Palacabana!? Ikea blurted, the sun catching something reflective off into the distance, his mate turning towards him, to see what he had found, but the playing card was already in the air, catching the inside of his hood!

Tag: no-one, though it would be nice to see activity.

6. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: sorry, have been sick :( But Nifesta's view of Korr's thinking process made me feel a lot better, Sithy [face_laugh] And if this game *does* get transported to earth, Korr wouldn't come willingly, but wouldn't it be fun if he and Wolf were stuck on the ship or something and ended up there anyway? :D Man, would his mood plummet even more!

IC: Korr
    ~Abourd Nifesta's ship~

When the humans started their explanations, Korr knelt beside Beenine. "You got something?" he whispered, keeping an eye on the Twi'lek whose attention seemed to be completely on the humans. Still... Jedi-like powers....

Beenine beeped softly. He could be very discreet if need be and in Korr's line of work that was a great asset.

"The ship has an authentication code which identifies it as Galactic Republic security?" he asked to be sure, dismissing for the moment that it's previous port of call had been Nar Shaddaa. The smuggler's moon. As if it had followed him, actually. That's where he had come from as well.

Beenine beeped an affirmative.

"Thanks, bud," he told the little astromech. He really was grateful. It seemed he had made the right decision about giving this agent the benefit of the doubt.

He stood and immediately stepped away from Beenine when the Twi'lek addressed the humans.?You sacrificed much to do this. I salute you,? he said. Something Korr hadn't expected to be his first words after the whole evil droids story, but he had to admit the Twi'lek had a point. These humans had come after the droids without knowing what they would get into. It had been a brave thing to do.

Not that he was going to say anything about it.

As far as he was concerned the agent had an even better point when he suggested a plan of action to stop the droids. A concussion missile. Simple and very douable, provided they could locate this power source.

"You can do that?" he asked, looking around the hangar of the ship. "I mean, Concusulars are supposed to be unarmed, aren't they?" He shrugged. "Anyway, sounds like a plan to me and if this ship can't do it, mine does have a concussion missile launcher. It's in Mos Eisley though, so I would have to pick it up first. Unfortunately my scanners aren't all that great. Yours?"

TAG: Sithy, Dubya, Twinky when she's back

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Seremela, hope you are feeling better now, and hoping you were referring to Mitch's quip about the Sun! :D

IC: Mitch Nifesta

Going by those who actually said anything, there seemed to be a pretty positive response to the ?concussion missile? idea.

Then the fanged humanoid asked about the Consular-class vessel actually having armament.

?True, they are usually unarmed. However, when we confiscated the ship, it?s owners had kitted it out to actually be able to defend itself.? He smiled with pride. ?She has two concealed Taim & Bak KT6 heavy blaster cannon on either side of the bridge section, and for heavy punch, a ten-missile capacity.?

? Anyway, sounds like a plan to me and if this ship can't do it, mine does have a concussion missile launcher. It's in Mos Eisley though, so I would have to pick it up first. Unfortunately my scanners aren't all that great. Yours??

The twi?lek beamed at Korr now, putting an arm over the other?s shoulder in a comradely gesture. ?Your ship has them too, has it? Excellent. I had two ideas: this was one; and the other was that we establish a base of operations on board the ?Unlucky. She?d be perfect, except it would be no good if we intended to fly said base over the enemy camp, and engage in aggressive negotiations.? He tapped Korr on the front of his coat, ?But between your ship and mine, one could be our base, and the other, the bomber.?

Nifesta looked up at the humans to see if they were following.

Then he remembered Korr?s query. ?My sensors are nothing special, but remember, we are looking for something powerful enough rip the universe a wormhole. At least,? Mitch looked from Dunlop to Eddie to Michelle. ?that is how I assume it is done.?

Tag: Korr, Dunlop, Michelle, Eddie

8. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Dunlop, Miyano, Thornton

"My sensors are nothing special, but remember, we are looking for something powerful enough rip the universe a wormhole. At least, that is how I assume it is done."

"Well," Michelle Thornton started, looking at her teammates. "Our tech guys didn't make the jump with us." She looked back at the twi'lek. "I don't know any of the technical terminology, but, yes, I think it does have something to do with wormholes."

Miyano added, "But when we came here, we just appeared in the desert with no way of getting back through. So unless the Terminators built a TDE here, you're never gonna find it." He paused. Then said, "TDE stands for Time Displacement Equipment."

TAG: Sithy, Seremela...

[b]IC: TC-5O3[/b]

The protocol droid had reached the surface again. He had been so frightened by what he saw down below that he couldn't stay in there.

He slowly walked across the dirt toward the [i]Darth Unlucky[/i], then stopped for a moment. "Oh dear me," he said to himself. "Miss Ignacio, what have those evil droids done to you?"

He turned to look back at the abandoned homestead. Suddenly, he could feel a slight rumble in the ground beneath him. It wasn't much, but enough to take his attention away from the homestead. He looked down at his feet. "What is going on?"

Behind him, something moved under the sand.

As 5O3 turned, he saw a worm-like droid leap out of the sand and attack. He tried to scream, but the attacking droid pulled him under the sand.

And then, silence.

[b]TAG: no one in particular...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]OOC:[/b] I'm back from my Disneyland/Universal Studios trip in Southern California. And, I just wanted to say that while I was at Universal Studios Hollywood, I saw the "[i]Terminator 2: 3D[/i]" attraction. It started out as a live show on stage, then, almost seamlessly turns into a 3D effects experience on huge video screens (complete with 3D glasses). So it actually seemed like the liquid-metal T-1000 was reaching out toward me! And it wasn't the movie. It was an actual short film done specifically for the theme park. It was cool. I had to say something about it here since this is a Terminator-related game. It was pretty impressive.

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: The "Wierd ****-O-Meter" as a concept quoted by Will Smith's character in the first Men In Black film.

IC: The Last Bolt, Mitch Nifesta

The ships' guns, already out where they could be seen, instantly swivelled and lowered in unison towards the patch of ground where TC-503 had stood.

Alerted by the movement of the hardware, the Last Bolt drew its attentions away from the lobby and Deck Three areas, where it was listening on, or being addressed by, the beings in those places, and cast it's attention outward.

Nothing. Something wierd was going on. But what? What had it missed?

This definitely rated a two point three, on it's Wierd ****-O-Meter.

And the last time that had happened, had been on a barren Naboo moon, where a self-proclaimed Sith had tried to board it, or rather the ship that it used to belong on. The Last Bolt had dealt with that by lifting off, and landing a mile away.

Just it's luck to be sitting here with droid-fighting humans aboard who were likely to panic and open fire, if tried that with them onboard.

Down in the foyer, Mitch started to feel like moving this meeting into the conference room. He still had his arm round Korr, as the huimans weighed in.

"Well," Michelle Thornton started, looking at her teammates. "Our tech guys didn't make the jump with us." She looked back at the twi'lek. "I don't know any of the technical terminology, but, yes, I think it does have something to do with wormholes."

Miyano added, "But when we came here, we just appeared in the desert with no way of getting back through. So unless the Terminators built a TDE here, you're never gonna find it." He paused. Then said, "TDE stands for Time Displacement Equipment."

"Is that right?" Mitch mused aloud. That did not sound good. "No harm in trying though. Last-"

Age- It stopped itself.

Mitch looked up. "You first."

We have a situation. Request permission to seal the ramp and lift off.

"What sort of situation?"

Tag: All

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

11. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Miyano, Dunlop, Thornton

They heard the Last Bolt say the had a "situation", and that we should seal the doors and lift off.

Their hands instinctively rested on the weapons they carried, ready to draw them and begin firing.

Michelle Thornton knew that they were probably being paranoid. But when you live in the world from which they had come, you have to be ready and alert at all times. It could cost you your life. The Machine Wars on Earth were deadly.

Outside the ship known as the Darth Unlucky, something began to move again...this time, closer to the ship.

Then, another giant worm-like robot leaped out of the sand. It was at least 6 feet in length and about 18 inches in diameter. It leaped through the air and landed on the ramp to the Last Bolt. Knowing that it was vulnerable out of the sand, it quickly slithered it's way up the ramp.

TAG: Everyone...

OOC: And, before you ask: yes, this worm-like machine is something I created myself specifically for this game. I hope to have a drawing of it posted here soon. ;)

12. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: Actually, Sithy, I meant the observations about the cogs in his mind working on the problem and that he seemed to have to close his eyes for all that ?deep? thinking. [face_laugh] But yes, I liked the 'sun' remark as well. Feeling much better, thanks, just still get tired way too fast [face_frustrated]

And Dubya, glad to hear you had a great time in Disneyland and the T3D sounds great, but darn, we now go ?Dune? as well??? :eek: I like it! [face_devil]

~Aboard the Darth Unlucky~

?Your ship has them too, has it? Excellent!? the Twi?lek boomed. ?I had two ideas: this was one; and the other was that we establish a base of operations on board the ?Unlucky. She?d be perfect, except it would be no good if we intended to fly said base over the enemy camp, and engage in aggressive negotiations. But between your ship and mine, one could be our base, and the other, the bomber.?

Korr didn?t mind the agent?s ideas, in fact, they made sense, but he did mind the arm suddenly circling his shoulders. A lot. He tried to sidestep away discreetly, but the arm was tight and was even followed by a hand tapping on his chest. Before he could explode, the Twi?lek spoke again, still all enthusiasm and clearly meaning well.

?My sensors are nothing special, but remember, we are looking for something powerful enough rip the universe a wormhole. At least,? the Twi'lek looked at the three humans, ?that is how I assume it is done.?

With a tremendous effort Korr managed to swallow down his anger about the unwanted invasion of his privacy. And while the humans started explaining that yeah, that was about it, but no, they didn?t know if the terminators had brought a device with them, he made sure he got rid of the arm by ducking as well as stepping away.

He hadn?t even punched the Twi?lek one in the nose.

After his escape and he had made sure he was a good five steps away from the Twi?lek, at least, Korr glanced at Wolf. The war dog was sitting on his haunches with an unmistakable amused expression around his muzzle. He gave his so-called friend a dirty look.

But Wolf?s attention had shifted and he suddenly stood, hairs raised, fangs visible, his eyes on the exit.

Korr turned to the exit as well. Behind him the Twi?lek was interrupted by his ship.

We have a situation. Request permission to seal the ramp and lift off.

Wolf growled, deep and menacing, and lowered himself slightly, head going down as well.

"What sort of situation?" the Twi?lek asked behind Korr.

The encounter with the droid in the homestead still fresh in his mind, Korr didn?t go for his blaster, but grabbed his carbine and aimed it at the exit. When Wolf readied himself to attack he never hesitated, even if he didn?t see anything.

Something huge and vaguely worm-like suddenly leaped out of the sand right in front of the ship and landed with a loud clang of metal on metal on the ramp.

?Wolf, no!? Korr yelled. It was clearly another droid, which made it impervious to attacks from the war dog. As the thing slithered up the ramp, he was already shooting at it non-stop, whishing he had Kharz? EMP launcher.

TAG: all

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: mangled song snippet, from Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, by WHAM.

IC: Ensign Ewlla Iillor, the Last Bolt, Agent Mitch Nifesta, Deck Three cabins, foyer.

The domestic atmosphere of the cabins on the Darth Unlucky?s third deck, allowed the ensign to get somewhat isolated from the stress, dangers and happenings elsewhere.

She looked down at the two who had been found in the homestead, and they looked to be in a bad way. She remembered that she was supposed to look up some medical supplies, and addressed her next query up to the ceiling.

?Donde esta los...supplies de medical?? She enquired her favourite exotic language, Ancient Manaan.

Manaan was a waterworld that had been quite sought after, far back in Republic history, due to the curative effects of its seaweed, she recalled, but it had never been allowed to actually join the Galactic Republic.

There was no response from the A.E., which was disconcerting for her, since she had almost come to accept it?s apparent omnipresence.

?Last Bolt??

PROXIMITY ALERT.

Her eye tracked movement from the left, drawing her attention to the cabin door that was sliding shut as she watched, shutting them off from the hallway before she could even think about moving.

DECK THREE, SEALED.

Ewlla took charge, holding an open palm up to Sparrow and Fincher. ?Don?t panic, don?t panic. I?m sure it had a very good reason for sealing us in.?

-XIMITY ALERT.

Mitch?s sense caught the presence of something outside the open hatch, just before the metal on metal clatter of the whatever-it-was hit the ramp, which even as he looked back over the snarling war-hound?s head, was still below his line-of-sight.

DECK THREE, SEALED.

Mitch couldn?t see through the war-hound, but having the benefit of not having the great heavy thing blocking his view, Korr was already unloading his carbine into the unwelcome visitor.

?Korr, cease fire.? Nifesta directed at the other pilot, following with the orders, ?Last Bolt, blister shield! Take us up-?

-BEFORE YOU GO-GO! The A.E. sing-songed inappropriately, as a translucent reddish pink energy barrier crackled right to left across the small oval entranceway between them and the threat. AND THEN DO SOMETHING THAT INVOLVES A YO-YO.

One of Mitch?s SGIS bosses, one Angeo Lim, had sweet talked one of her technicians into installing it. Energised by the portable power plant off an tripod-mounted heavy repeating blaster, the resulting barrier was intended more to keep precious air in, and buy time to properly close the hatch, than withstand heavy assault. It probably wouldn?t have stopped that motorbike?s full speed charge earlier.

Mitch extended his hand towards the wall control that would seal the hatch, as audibly, the engines thrummed into life.

Tag: Korr, Sparrow, Dubya?s npcs, Teek?ra if he is around.

14. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Yeah, about Dubya's npcs, I originally intended for them to be short-lived characters that would eventually get killed off. But, seeing as how we're a little short on players at this point in time, I figure I'll keep them around a little longer.

[b]IC: Fincher, Sparrow[/b]

[color=blue][b]PROXIMITY ALERT.[/b][/color]

Fincher spun around to see the door slide shut. Sparrow noticed it too. "Are we sealed in?" she asked.

[color=blue][b]DECK THREE, SEALED.[/b][/color]

Immediately, she got an answer.

[i]?Don?t panic, don?t panic. I?m sure it had a very good reason for sealing us in,?[/i] Ewlla said.

"Yeah, but what about everyone else in the ship?" Fincher asked. "I've got three good soldiers out there." Weapon drawn, he rushed to the door...only to find that there was no door knob.

[b]TAG: Sithy, Twinky (whenever she gets back)...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Miyano, Thornton, Dunlop[/b]

Korr began firing wildly out the doorway.

Then a pink force-field/shield thing extended across it.

Everyone was crowded around the door trying to see what was going on. Thornton managed to push her way through. Just as she caught a glimpse of the worm-like robot, it lunged, small claw-like appendages extending from it's "mouth"...or what looked like a mouth.

The machine hit the energy barrier, and it sizzled for a moment. The Terminator was smart enough not to do that again. The claws retracted back into itself and it scurried underneath the ramp.

Using an Earth swear word, Thornton said, "That's a Wormbot; a Hunter-Killer machine that burrows through the ground. They just started manufacturing those things. We don't even have any intel on 'em yet. They're strong enough to dig through hard clay, and they can bash their way through concrete...but I have no idea if they can get through metal."

Miyano and Dunlop glanced at each other. They knew that this Hunter-Killer Terminator was a mystery. Drawing their weapons, they looked around the foyer. If it could get through metal, then they had a fight on their hands.

[b]TAG: Sithy, Seremela...[/b]

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: ...no door knob [face_laugh]

IC: Mitch Nifesta, Last Bolt, Ewlla Iillor, foyer, Deck Three.

There really was not much room in the lobby; enough room for several persons (and a war-hound, apparently) to stand in, and a downed bike.
    Thanks to Wolf, Nifesta was unable to see what Korr was firing at, but Thornton's slim form managed to shimmy through, just as the silvery, segmented, worm-thingy leapt into view, straight at him, and crashed into the energy barrier.

He was amazed at how frightened he had been; he was beyond quips. The fifty foot Harvester had not had this effect on him.

The twi'lek agent could tell from her tone that Michelle had used an expletive, but rather than take her to task, decided right there, to re-instate Ewlla's naughty word privileges.

"That's a Wormbot; a Hunter-Killer machine that burrows through the ground. They just started manufacturing those things. We don't even have any intel on 'em yet. They're strong enough to dig through hard clay, and they can bash their way through concrete...but I have no idea if they can get through metal."

He managed to complete the directed Force Push to the wall controls, and the foyer significantly dimmed as the proper hatch slid shut.
    "La-Last Bolt, why are we still on the ground? Get us up, without the singing, and Base Delta Zero this entire area!"

We should save the missiles. There was a slight increase in how heavy the twi'lek felt, as the ship climbed rapidly, pushing against the ground with its repulsors. Levelling out at two hundred metres.

"That high enough?" Mitch enquired of Michelle, as he ushered her, and everyone else towards the lift.

Tag: Seremela, Dubya

16. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Sofia "Sparrow" Mason

Examining the child as best as she could, Sofia looked up in suprise as Ewlla said something that sounded a lot like Spanish. Sofia's mother had taught her and she had very fond memories of learning by the campfires at one of the many refugee sites which had been their home.

She was about to say something when the computer voice started.

PROXIMITY ALERT.

Fincher had spun around as the door slid shut.

"Are we sealed in?" Sofia asked, nervously. It was a large room at least, but she could feel the familiar fear rising in her chest.

DECK THREE, SEALED.

?Don?t panic, don?t panic. I?m sure it had a very good reason for sealing us in,? Ewlla said.

Sofia swallowed and nodded. Finch on the other had looked less than willing to go along with this and tried to open the door.

"I don't think there's anyway to get out. Unless if there's some vents." She directed the last part at Ewlla.

TAG: Sith, Dubya

17. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    OOC: Firing wildly, my ... foot! I'll have you know Korr does NOT fire wildly, he aims and hits, thank you very much [face_shame_on_you] :p

~Aboard the Darth Unlucky~

A red Force field shimmered into view almost directly after the Twi'lek's 'cease fire!'

Korr did just that, hoping the Force field would have more effect than his shots, which had only slowed down the huge thug, but hadn't been able to stop it. With satisfaction he saw the thing quickly get away when a hit with the Force field seemed to have hurt it in some way.

Okay, 'hurt' probably wasn't the right term.

The hatch closed and he felt the tremor of engines firing up go through the ship.

"La-Last Bolt, why are we still on the ground? Get us up, without the singing, and Base Delta Zero this entire area!" the Twi'lek ordered.

Oh yeah, Korr was all for destruction of some kind at this point, and no singing was definitely good.

We should save the missiles. the ship answered its owner. Actually, Korr began to wonder who owned who here. The ship had definitely a mind of its own and right now, Korr didn't appreciate it. He had been with the Twi'lek on nuking the whole site, the only way to be sure in his opinion.

Levelling out at two hundred metres, the ship continued.

"That high enough?" the Twi'lek asked Michelle, as he ushered her and the other humans to the lift.

Not Wolf though, no way he was going to fit in there.

"Yeah, and can that thing cling to a ship?" Kor asked her. "You said you don't know if it can get through metal, but what if it can and it's still hanging onto the ship in some way...."

TAG: Sithy, Dubya, Twinky

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Welcome back, Twinky'!

IC: The Darth Unlucky exterior

The red Consular-class cruiser ascended to two hundred metres above the yellow-white sands fronting the Ignacio farmstead, and dipped it?s prow thirty degrees towards the floor, whilst its? three Dyne 577 sublight engines pointed up into the cloudless blue sky.

POW POW. The KT6 heavy blaster cannon spoke, two plumes of super-heated sand and rock erupting from the desert floor.

POW POW. They fired again, slightly apart from the previous shots, and the vessel continued to circle the area, staccato crimson laser blasts pummelling the ground upon which the ship had been sitting, as well as the short stretch of land between it?s spot and the front of the domed homestead and a fifty metre radius, turning it into a pond of red and black molten rock that would not look out of place on Mustafar!

Tag: anyone/anything on the ground, or external observers.

[b]IC: Ewlla Iillor, Last Bolt, Mitch Nifesta[/b], Deck Three cabin, foyer.

Although Ewlla had not done a study, the galaxy was replete with abstractions that were labelled as ?the great equaliser?, that presumably swept away all pretensions to caste, class, and superiority.

As she watched Fincher?s hand scrabble in vain over part of the blank metal partition, she mentally added ?getting locked in by the ship?s computer? to the list.

"[i][color=deeppink]I don't think there's any way to get out.[/color][/i]? Sparrow put in, looking directly at the Naval Academy graduate. ?[i][color=deeppink]Unless if there's some vents.[/color][/i]"

?[color=royalblue]And one of us is a shape-shifter.[/color]? Iillor returned drily. Seriously, how big did the woman want the vents to be? She looked up at the higher part of the wall she was facing. ?[color=royalblue]Last Bolt, what is going on? Why have you locked us in?[/color]?

The A.E.?s response was more prompt, this time: [b][color=blue]Default security procedure. Probability of hostile breach at foyer entrance to turbolift, which would give intruder access to all decks. Young persons requiring protection present on Deck Three.[/color][/b]

?[color=royalblue]Young person?[/color]? Iillor frowned, then remembered the young casualty on the bed. ?[color=royalblue]Oh, [i]her[/i].[/color]?

The A.E.?s response was more prompt this time: [b][color=blue]As well.[/color][/b]

Iillor bristled and indicated the two Human Resistance fighters. ?[color=royalblue]Well, I hope you are referring to one of these two, otherwise I resent being lumped in with the youngling.[/color]?

[b][color=blue]Honestly. The ship is under attack, and all you can think about is how you are being made to look?[/color][/b]

?[color=royalblue]No! That is not what I meant, and...[/color]? The Corellian subsided, reddening as she avoided meeting the gazes of Sparrow and Fincher. She tried to re-take the initiative. ?[color=royalblue]Nature of the threat?[/color]?

[b][color=blue]Michelle thornton identified as, 'Wormbot'.[/color][/b]

Ewlla looked at the nearest soldier, Sofia. ?[color=royalblue]Wormbot?[/color]?

?[color=chocolate][i]Yeah, and can that thing cling to a ship?[/i][/color]? Korr asked Thornton on the way to the lift. ?[color=chocolate][i]You said you don't know if it can get through metal, but what if it can and it's still hanging onto the ship in some way?[/i][/color]?

Mitch looked back at the sealed hatch, pulling the long DC-15 out from under his robe. ?[b]Oh, these things are taking the ****! I did not see any damage; Korr, what sort of ammunition were you using?[/b]?

[b]Tag: Sparrow, Fincher, two on the bed, and the little one said, Korr, Wolf, Michelle, Eddie, Dunlop, Skynet[/b]

19. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Fincher

"Michelle thornton identified as, 'Wormbot'." Last Bolt said.

Ewlla looked at Sofia. ?Wormbot??

"Great," Finch muttered under his breath. "It of course had to be a Hunter-Killer Terminator that we know nothing about." He looked upward, talking to the Last Bolt. "Do you know if it's inside the ship?"

TAG: Sithy, Twinky...

[b]IC: Michelle Thornton, Eddie Miyano, Paul Dunlop[/b]

[i]?Yeah, and can that thing cling to a ship??[/i] Korr asked Thornton. [i]?You said you don't know if it can get through metal, but what if it can and it's still hanging onto the ship in some way??[/i]

"Then be ready to unload on it," Michelle responded, raising her gun in the air. Reaching the lift and holstering the weapon again, she added, "I've seen these things crawl across the ceiling upside-down, but I don't know if they're strong enough to cling to moving objects like a vehicle or a ship. My guess is that they are. They're Hunter-Killers; assassin robots. But like I said, we don't know much about them. They're still a mystery."

[b]TAG: Sithy, Seremela...[/b]

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Last Bolt, Ewlla Iillor, Mitch Nifesta, Darth Unlucky, deck three cabin, foyer.

After too long a pause for her liking, Ensign Iillor listened to the AE response to Fincher?s quite sensible question.

I am not registering a breach.

Ewlla smoothed the back of her skirt in preparation for sitting on the edge of the edge of the bed, not really thinking that anything she had to say would open that door, so taking the weight of her feet. ?If it isn?t inside the ship, then surely you can release us?? She tried, laying her gun across her lap.

My attempts to determine if we are out of danger, are inconclusive, Ensign.

She rolled her eyes. ?So we are stuck inside till you get ?conclusive?? How is that helpful?? She waved a slim white arm at the patients, ?These two might not be able to wait that long.?

Alright. But you do not leave this deck. The door slid open while Ewlla looked over to it in surprise.

Mitch worriedly scanned the floor as he waited for his guests to get into the lift. So far Michelle had been the only one to enter. ?[color=deeppink][i]But like I said, we don't know much about them.[/i][/color]? She finished, ?[color=deeppink][i]They're still a mystery.[/i][/color]?

?[b]Oh, this gets better![/b]!" He sniped as he tried to wave a couple more to join her inside the lift. "[b]Come on, she won?t bite.[/b]? He glanced inside at Thornton. ?[b]Will you, Luv??[/b]?

[b][color=blue]My attempts to determine if we are out of danger, are inconclusive.[/color][/b] The Last Bolt repeated for the cheap seats. [b][color=blue]Regrettably, this ship lacks close quarters visual scanning.[/color][/b]

The twi?lek was too busy engaging in aggrieved muttering, ?[b]Son of a Mynock pulls a vibroblade, you take out a disruptor pistol; he tries to board your ship with a wormbot, you put a missile up his choob?. That is the Ch'manss' way.[/b]? He actually felt a bit better, inspired. Now, [i]those[/i] fraggers knew how to fight a war. ?[b]Last Bolt, arm us a torp? and scan for that power source.[/b]?

[b][color=blue]Scanning. Got a sandcrawler, four klicks away. Ignoring.[/color][/b]

?[b]Good call.[/b]? Mitch remembered the side-mounted slug-blaser he had sliced off the droid-bike during the messy evac? from the Dawnstriders?, and inched his way past Wolf for a look-see.

[b][color=blue]No need to be sarcastic. Extending range.[/color][/b]

[b]Tag: All, and Dubya for results on the power source scan.[/b]

21. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Just wanted to say sorry for my short absence. I've been working to meet a deadline...

[b]IC: William Fincher[/b]

[b][color=blue]Alright. But you do not leave this deck.[/color][/b]

The Last Bolt slid the door open.

Fincher spun around to see the door disappear into the wall. He leaned against the wall, peeking through the doorway. Machine gun drawn, he stepped through and made sure nothing was there. "Looks like we're clear." He turned back to Sparrow and Ewlla. "I know he said...is the Last Bolt a `he`? He said there was no breach, but I'm just being cautious."

[b]TAG: Sithy and Twinky...[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Michelle Thornton, Eddie Miyano, Paul Dunlop[/b]

Miyano and Dunlop squeezed their way into the crowded lift.

Then the God of Cops used a bunch more terms they didn't recognize. But by the tone of his voice, he was most likely angry. Then the Last Bolt began scanning for a power source.

- - -

As the scan expanded outward, there was nothing out of the ordinary for the deserts of Tatooine.

Then came something strange in Mos Eisley. A large power source was near the center of town, but it seemed to be deep underground...

[b]TAG: Sithy and Seremela...[/b]

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Last Bolt, Ewlla Iillor, Deck Three cabin, Darth Unlucky.

Door open, the conscientious software programme reviewed the last ten minutes to be sure it had not missed something.

Iillor sighed as the crossing of her legs now required the re-arranging of the dress? front flap; you didn?t have to worry about this nonsense in trousers. Cross your legs and be done.
    Straightening her clothing, since taking a pride in her appearance, had been instilled on Raithal, she observed the senior fighter lean against the wall, peek through the doorway with machine gun drawn, then step through to check the corridor.
    ?Looks like we're clear.? He glanced back at the two girls. ?I know he said...is the Last Bolt a `he`??

Do I sound ?camp?? It interrupted testily.

?He said there was no breach, but I'm just being cautious.?

Noticing the earlier unanswered query, The AE in question, announced, but with unfortunate timing: Oh yes, it is under the bed.

Iillor jumped off immediately, grabbing the gun out of the air as it slipped off her lap, and whirled on the thick blue duvet that flopped over the near side of the mattress. ?[color=royal blue]What is under the bed?[/color]? She enquired tightly, retreating a couple of steps in case this ?wormbot? jumped out at her.

Going by the name, and lack of description, she was imagining something considerably smaller than the real thing.

The medical supply.

Of course! She waved a hand at the ceiling, emphasising her own realisation, but it would probably mean something else to her companions. Being an A.E., it would certainly have arranged to place the injured in with the medicines.

Still, the young woman had her weapon ready as she stepped forward with one foot, put her weight on the rear one, and leaned in to lift the edge of the duvet, and spy the two-handled drawer set into the base of the bed.

?[color=royal blue]Don?t do that![/color]?

Do what?

?[color=royal blue]You almost gave me a drokkin? heart attack. One of you help me get this open?[/color]? She implored of Sparrow and Finch?.

Nifesta nodded at the three in the lift. ?Hit the ?1? on the keypad in there. It should let you out on Deck One. Please proceed forward to the double doors of the conference pod. The turbo lift will return automatically for Korr and myself.?

Inside the lift, the occupants would see a slim rectangular control panel with, in ascending order, Foyer, 1, 2, 3, Bridge, marked in black markings on a silver background.

Tag: Sparrow, Fincher, all

23. Seremela

Jul 12, 2008
    Aboard the Darth Unlucky

"Great," Korr muttered at the closed turbolift that took the humans up. "Might or might not, that's a huge help. And no, I couldn't even dent the damn thing," he belatedly answered the Twi'lek's remark about not seeing any damage. He showed his heavy carbine. "It's one of the newer ones, using tibanna gas containers, which normally send the plasma bolts out with such a force they go straight through droids and most vehicles. But all they did was slow that thing down a bit, nothing more," he said in frustration.

He looked at the side of his weapon. "It's still good for about 300 shots and I've three more 500 shots cartridges, but if that wormdroid does get through, it won't do us much good in here. The shots are more likely to go through your ship than that monster. We'd be better off with a EMP launcher if you have one."

He looked at the walls around him with trepidation and then at the War dog, who was prowling around in a way he didn't like at all, sniffing at said walls. "Wolf? You sense anything?"

TAG: sithy, dubya, twinky

24. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Fincher

"...it is under the bed." the Last Bolt said.

Just as Ewlla jumped, Fincher swung his machine gun around to aim at floor underneath the beds. He expected to see the wormbot come through.

Finch was relieved to hear that the Last Bolt was talking about medical supplies. His grip loosened on the gun.

"You almost gave me a drokkin? heart attack," Ewlla responded to the Last Bolt.

Finch didn't know what "drokking" meant, but, put together with the rest of that sentence, he could pretty much figure it out.

"One of you help me get this open?"

Finch walked over and reached down to help her out.

TAG: Sithy, Twinky...

[b]IC: Dunlop, Thornton, Miyano[/b]

Dunlop hit the button marked "1". This was very similar to the elevators back on Earth...well, back before the Machine's obliterated half the planet.

As he felt it begin to move, he almost expected some type of elevator music to be playing. He began humming "The Girl from Ipanema".

Miyano and Thornton look at him. "What are you singing?" Miyano asked.

"Girl from Ipanema," Dunlop responded.

The other two looked at each other, not knowing what the old man was talking about.

"Before your time," he added, just as the door slid open again.

[b]TAG: no one, but possibly Sithy...[/b]

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: "Girl from Ipanema," Dunlop responded. :D Deep Rising!

Turbolift interior and Deck One

The curved door to the cylindrical turbolift car slid left to right into its housing, to reveal a much less cramped space than the bullet-pitted walls of the foyer.

The clean white walls and high white ceiling, along with the reflective flooring, made the interior seem spacious and airy, reflecting the aesthetic tastes of Corellian shipbuilders.

Ahead, the lobby was an empty square, leading into a smaller corridor, a third the width of the ante-hall, between two cabins with sealed doors.
    At the other end of the short corridor, as advertised, an archway was sealed by a set of double blast doors.

If the Earthmen and woman exited the lift and turned round to face it, they would see that a space extended round the vertical pipe, on both sides, including a door marked ?Droid Hold?.

Tag: Dunlop, Eddie, Michelle

[b]IC: Ewlla Iillor, Mitch Nifesta, Last Bolt[/b], Deck Three cabin, foyer.

With Fincher?s help, tugging on the stiff drawer, they managed to pull it partially out from under the bed.

?[color=royalblue]Thanks.[/color]? Ewlla nodded to the soldier, then knelt down on the carpet to get a good look at the contents.
    She was surprised just how much there was, though it looked to be pretty basic. There were a lot of plain black travel medipacs here and there, of the type worn on the belt, amongst the predominantly white packaging.

It looked like the twi?lek had cleaned out a pharmacy?s first aid shelf, rather than purchasing a proper medikit. She picked at the bonanza though, turning over packets to see what was there, then looked over her shoulder at Sparrow.

?[color=royalblue]We got stim-shots, hemo-stats, hemosponges, dipills, bacta patches. What sort of stuff do you need?[/color]? She unconsciously reinforced a gender stereotype by assuming the female of the pair would be the group healer.

?[color=chocolate][i]Great,[/i][/color]? [b]Korr[/b] echoed Mitch?s earlier sentiment. ?[color=chocolate][i]Might or might not, that's a huge help. And no, I couldn't even dent the damn thing,[/i][/color]" He showed his heavy carbine. ?[color=chocolate][i]It's one of the newer ones, using tibanna gas containers, which normally send the plasma bolts out with such a force they go straight through droids and most vehicles. But all they did was slow that thing down a bit, nothing more.[/i][/color]?

Nifesta regarded the alien pilot?s weapon. True, he had only got a few shots off, before the shield had come across, but from the explanation, it should have done the job.

To a being, these Human Resistance fighters were armed with slug-throwers. Korr?s ?failure? raised the scary prospect that these things had adapted to resisting energy weapons.
    That meant your average civilian would not be able to fight them off.

?[color=chocolate][i]It's still good for about 300 shots and I've three more 500 shots cartridges, but if that wormdroid does get through, it won't do us much good in here. The shots are more likely to go through your ship than that monster. We'd be better off with a EMP launcher if you have one.[/i][/color]?

?[b]I got two Sorosuub Equaliser shoulder-launched ion cannon up in the armoury.[/b]? The agent revealed. ?[b]They?ll drop a ?speeder, but..., but they've only four-shots each. We don?t miss, that still only gives us eight shots, and I have a bad feeling that there are going to be a lot more of those things.[/b]? Mitch followed Korr?s gaze towards the shaggy warhound who was sniffing around, looking increasingly antsy about something.

?[color=chocolate][i]Wolf? You sense anything?[/i][/color]?

?[b]Gosh, I hope not.[/b]?

[b][color=blue]I have something on long-range scan. Something strange.[/color][/b] The AE suddenly piped up. ?[b][color=blue]And it is [u]not[/u] a sandcrawler.[/color][/b]?

Mitch glanced at the lift to see if it had returned. ?[b]Let me guess; [i]another[/i] sandcrawler.[/b]?

[b][color=blue]Would I do that to you?[/color][/b]

?[b]Not twice.[/b]? M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.