main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania The Man is back.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by wedge3210, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Skip to the part where they get to Moria, wedge. Heaps of good stuff there.

I read American Psycho as well... is that the Bret Easton Ellis novel you were talking about?

2. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Yeah I've read the whole first book. It's good, it just has some boring parts. I thought so anyway.

Yeah that's the BEE book. Get 'Glamorama' if you get the chance. It's pretty weird. It's like a serious 'Zoolander'. But American Psycho was freaky. Especially the zoo scene.

3. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Hey Wedge; U tried the Riftwar books by Feiss? Magician is the first; GIve those a try. Ive really enjoyed the first three, and Im now onto the fourth one :)

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Those Riftwar books rock.
    Scream, make sure you catch the Daughter of the Empire trilogy as well, it's written from the perspective of one of the families from beyond the rift, who have soldiers fighting in the war,

5. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I've got a stack load of books on the shelf that I've bought from a cool second hand shop in town that seems to get lots of stuff I like. So as soon as that shelf dwindles into a read pile, I'll move on to other things. It really is quite full.

Maybe there should be a book thread.

6. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Yes! you must read them. Daughter of the Empire, Servant of the Empire, and Mistress of the Empire. I actually liked them better than the original Riftwar books, myself, but that's probably because I'm female. Tells the story of Mara of the Acoma, a Tsurani noble woman.

7. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Well here's an oldbies thread! WB wedge. :)

8. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Ray Fiest signed my copies of the riftwar trilogy for me when he was in Perth a while back. ;) I've chatted to him online a few times since then too.

9. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Next time u do Soneil, tell him to write some more about the twins! They rule!

And some stuff with Jimmy growing up!

10. Jedi_Lisha

Jedi_Lisha Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2001
    Hello Wedge...if that is your real name!

Anyways, i don't think you know me. I'm Cassius.

11. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    I got the *strangest* looks from people reading American Psycho on the bus. It got to a point where I couldn't read it over lunch cause it just made me ill.

I'm reading anything and everything right now, so I'll see if I can track down a copy of Glamorama.

12. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I guess I was a bit better off than you whilst reading it, no-one seemed to know what it was about, so whenever anyone asked what it was about, I just said, "Yuppies."

I think I'll read "For Whom the Bell Tolls" now. If Metallica wrote a song about it, it's gotta be good.

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey scream. Go to alt.books.raymond-feist and you might be able to ask him yourself. He drops in there and answers questions a fair bit.

14. Already-Turned

Already-Turned Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2001
    Yeah Raymond signed my copy of Darkness at Sethanon. Love the Lady of the Acoma trilogy, good spinoff.

I read the LOTR books yesterday, took me all day, but it was raining so bugger all else to do! It's awsome! Got me all excited again for the movie!
    One question for the experts out ther, is 'The Silmarillion' worth checking out? Wouldn't mind actually know exactly what all the background details for the Eldar races si.....

Welcome back Wedge! And if you need someone to supply with you too many doddgy sci-fi novels for your book store, give me a call!

15. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Personally I love the Silmarillion. It would even come close to being my favourite. A lot of people don't like it so much though. I guess it depends what you're in to.
    The Silmarillion's pretty disjointed compared to the other books. Mainly because it's not really one story. It's actually several stories that were more or less compiled chronologically by Christopher Tolkien after his father died. It's a bit more heavy going that the others as well. The way it's written is almost Old Testament style (I grew up reading that so no problem for me).
    What I love so much about it is that the stories are on such an epic scale. Dragons, trolls and balrogs galore all waiting to be smitten by elven kings etc. Good stuff. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.