main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Matrix Reloaded

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I bought tickets for the 9:30pm showing on opening day at the showcase springdale. I know it would be a drive if any of you wanted to see it with Gwen and I, But it's worth it...The showcase springdale has the only digital projector in the city and I saw Episode 2 on both regular movie screen and the digital and there is no comparison. Let me know if anybody wants to come with us.

2. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    We were planning to see it in Springdale, so that's perfect for us!!
    I just got tickets (5/15 at 9:30pm) for drk-lady-of-the-sith, Lady_Lucas, padawan_schlicher and myself, so you can count on seing at least 4 of us over there!!
    I'll be wearing my Star Wars colours though, because as much as I like the Matrix, nothing compares to Star Wars!! :D

3. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    That sounds great! This will be the 2nd opening day movie we've seen together Ludo, we'll have to keep the trend going with Return of the King and Matrix Revolutions. :)

4. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It is now an official Cincy event as well, so I guess it's a combined event by default! Hope to see lots of you guys there!

5. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Yeah Sean, great idea!!! We can also keep it going by watching my Broncos smashing your steelers next season!!! :D
    Hope to see a lot of you guys next week!

6. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    I never seen the first one but I saw the trailer at the movies when I saw X-2.
    I like things to be more real and this Dong or Kung Poo movies bore me.
    Running up 30 foot walls come on all I see is fighting in the trailer and for what? LOL Let me know when you go see the next Harry Pot Head movie or the Return of the King, T3 is going to be good now those are good movies.The only Chop Sewi movies I like are Godzilla.

7. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Well DemonJedi everyone is entitled to their opinion but I must say I strongly disagree with your opinion of the Matrix seeing as how you haven't even seen it yet. Oh and Ludo my Steelers play AT Denver next season so get ready to be emberrased in your own house! :)

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    LOL :)
    We'll see, we'll see ;)

9. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    So it seems everyone is seeing this strange and unheard of movie, The Matrix is it called? ;)

I'd love to see it with everyone, if I wouldn't be a hassle(or are we making it a DFF event as well?!). How much do tickets at this theatre cost? And have you reserved through Fandango?

10. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Yes this is officially a joint Fanforce event. I just bought my tickets from nationalamusements.com and went down and picked them up from the automated teller machine. Here is the address for those not familiar with it so you can get directions, ect.
    12064 Springfield Pike
    Springdale, OH 45246
    (513) 699-1500

11. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    As much as I love The Matrix I am going to wait till June to see it. Going to the movies packed elbow to elbow with strangers for anything except a new Star Wars flick is not my cup of blue milk. Also, those commercials they show before previews now are SO.....FRIGGIN'....ANNOYING! It's not like TV where you can turn it or walk out of the room, plus you paid to get in so in essence your paying to see commercials. I would like to get my hands around the pale thin necks of the ad suits who came up with this concept and ssssqueeeezzzze! Hmmm, seems I got of the Matrix a bit didn't I? I wonder if the DVD's of the two new movies will be released apart or simultaneously? I think the Matrix would have been a perfect movie if it wasn't for casting Keanu Reeves, what a bad actor. The scene where Fishburne jumps the buildings and then Keanu goes "Whoa" is what knocked this movie from a perfect ten to about an 8.5, but that's just me, enjoy and let us all know how it goes, no spoilers of course.

12. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Hi Sean!!! It's great that you will be joining us for Matrix!! :)

13. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    I think Reeves did a good job in the original. And the Whoa is just his catch phrase, one that he has to say in every movie. What would a Schwartzinager movie be without "I'll be back" or "Grab my Hand!"

14. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I agree with AJ, Whoa goes all the way back to Bill & Teds excellent adventure, and thank you Lady Lucas I am glad you are coming as well. :)

15. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Whoa!!!!!

16. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Just 1 more day everybody. Unfortunately Gwen won't be able to go due to school but that just means I get to go see it again this weekend with her! :) My awesome Mom has said she would like to go so I'll be bringing her and she said to tell those of you she has met hello. :)

17. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Super cool, your mom is real nice!!
    Are you going to there early on thursday Sean? We won't be able to be there before 8:50pm because of Angel's work. Do you think you guys can hold seats for everybody?

18. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Phooey... Looks like I can't make it, I didn't have much of a chance to go anyway. I hope you guys enjoy yourselves.

19. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    I will try to be there by 8:30 but it will be close. If I get there before you, I will definetely hold your space in line.

20. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Who da man?? Sean's da man!!! (when he's not a Steelers fan ;) ).

21. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Hello to Momma Starrider!

I am going to try and get there pretty early 8-8:15ish so if I can get some sort of idea how many seats between Cincy and you guys I can try and hold as many as I can.

22. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    The movie was incredible! I really enjoyed it. It was also awesome to do something with Cincinnati, We will definetly do something again in the near future, like my cookout as soon as i get a free weekend.

23. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Sounds Great! We will HAVE to do Kings Island sometime too, it's only natural!

We are planning a Reds game for sometime in June, so you guys are all welcome for that event as well!

Sorry that it just ended up being Sean, I was looking forward to meeting more of the Dayton Group. It was good to see you again Sean and Momma Starrider as well!

24. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I especially apreciated Sean taking the "pin-up" pose on the seats to keep them for us!! :D

25. padawan_schlicher

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah, I should have gotten a picture of that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.