main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Meeting of Two (JA/AU)(Updated 10/8)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Aug 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Hey Everyone! This is a rewrite/repost of The Twins Meet. I recently was reading over my first stories and realised just how bad they are. I hope this is somewhat better than last time.

*~*~*~*~*

The Meeting of Two
    by Kadi-Wan Kenobi

Chapter 1

Obi-Wan sat back on his heals and looked at his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn. The two were on a small, crusier heading to an unknown destination. At least, unknown to him. Qui-Gon would not tell him anything about this mission. He had so many questions, but Qui-Gon always avoided answering them. It was frustruating. His Master had always discussed their missions with him before, why was this any different? Doesn't Master trust me? Did I do something wrong?

Slowly, Qui-Gon opened his eyes, coming out of meditation. His Padawan was staring at him, his eyes questioning. He stood up and slowly stretched his stiff muscles, watching Obi-Wan out of the corner of his eye as the boy mirrored the excercises. Obi-Wan kept his eyes down. He could see the self-doubt was beginning to overtake his Padawan. Qui-Gon took a seat on one of the chairs, motioning for him to do the same.

"I believe it is time." He paused, thinking of the best way to go about this. "I apologize for not telling you sooner." Face it Jinn. You've been putting it off. "We are traveling to the small planet called Earth."

"Earth?" Obi-Wan echoed. "I've never heard of it before."

"It is a rather new planet, discovered not long before you were born. The population's only sentient species are humans who haven't achieved long distance space flight yet. They know nothing of the Republic or any other sentient species."

"Master, I don't understand." The 14 year old frowned. "If it isn't part of the Republic, why are we going there?"

"Obi-Wan, we are going to meet your birth family." Qui-Gon stated. Obi-Wan froze. His family?

"My...family?" He couldn't think of anything else to say. He had hardly ever thought of his birth family as an initiate and even less since becoming Qui-Gon's Padawan. The Jedi were his family. Qui-Gon was like a father to him. He was there whenever Obi-Wan needed him. It didn't matter if they were not blood related. They cared for each other, that was all that mattered.
    "At some point during a Padawan's training, he or she is introduced to their birth family." Qui-Gon explained. He paused, a flash of pain crossing his face for a brief moment. "At that time, the Padawan is given the choice to leave order." Suddenly the Master changed the subject, looking at the chrono.

"Come." Qui-Gon stood. "It is time for lunch. I don't want your family to think I starve you."

Obi-Wan grabbed his Master's sleeve. Qui-Gon looked down at him, surprised at how serious the boy's face was.

"Master, I would never abandon you." He said sincerely, forcefully punctuating every word.
    Qui-Gon just smiled half-heartedly, nodding once before continuing on into the kitchen.

Qui-Gon quietly prepared their lunch, his mind stuck in the past. The last time he had taken a Padawan to meet their birth family, he had lost him to the Dark Side. 'I would never abandon you.' The boy had told him that so truthfully. Once another had promised him the same thing... No! I will not compare Obi-Wan to Xanatos. They are complete opposites. He glanced quickly over at Obi-Wan, who was silently staring at a wall, the eating utensils in his hands forgotten. He has no idea just how hard the decision can be. I should know. Why Yoda had decided for Obi-Wan to meet his family so young, he still couldn't understand. The earliest he had ever heard of a Padawan being introduced to their birth family was 16. He had met his birth family when he had turned 18. Obi-Wan was only 14. Did his Master know something he didn't? Or was this some sort of cruel test the old troll had thought of?

"Master?" Qui-Gon jumped at the sound of his Padawan's voice.

"Yes Obi-Wan?" H

2. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Great start! Can't wait to read more!

POST MORE SOON! :D

Blade :cool:

3. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    Kadi you changed the title of the story to. I like it even with these changes can't wait to read the rest of you changes.

4. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    i liked your begining too.

5. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I think that you should post again soon!

6. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thank you everyone!!! :)

Chapter 2

I looked up from my cereal, quietly watching my parents. They were acting strange, alot quieter than normal. They looked at each other, talking softly so neither I or my sisters and brother could hear. Mom met Dad's eyes with a look that said, 'Do it.' I could practically feel waves of nervousness coming off of them. Dad hesitated, as he looked over at us. He looks like a kid who just got caught doing something he shouldn't. Megan and Owen looked up as they reluctantly walked over, taking their seats at the table. Kirsten ignored them, too busy making a mess with her Cheerios.

Dad opened his mouth to say something, then hesitated. Mom shot him another look. "We're going to be having company for a little while." That didn't sound too bad. So what was wrong? I couldn't think of anyone in our family that my parents dreaded having visit.

"Who?" Megan asked as we exchanged a look. She pushed her bangs out of her face, shrugging slightly in confusion. She also knew something wasn't right.

"Two Jedi. A master and an apprentice. " Dad replied. My eyes widened. Now I was really confused. Jedi? Why would those legendary warriors come here? I had known since as long as I could remember that my parents and I weren't from Earth. My parents had traveled here from some planet called Alderran, or something like that, with their families. Megan, Owen, and Kirsten had been born here. There had never been any secrets about the galaxy. None of us ever really talked about it, although our grandparents loved to sit and tell us stories of the many planets and aliens there. It was like knowing your family were immigrants from another country, it just didn't really affect us.

"Why?" I asked, looking from Mom to Dad, back to Mom, searching their faces for something.

"The master is an old friend of ours." Dad said. If he is an old friend, why hadn't he visited before? And why haven't I ever heard about him? Mom and Dad exchanged another look. "He is bringing his apprentice to meet us."

I frowned, beginning to feel annoyed. Why now? Why should this Master suddenly want to bring his apprentice to meet us? They were avoiding telling us something.

"Why?" I asked again, forcing myself from demanding they tell me what they were hiding.

Mom fidgeted as I looked at her. If Mom was fidgeting, something was definitely up. "He is your brother."

"We have another brother?" Megan asked skeptically. I glanced at Owen. His full attention was now on our parents. His eyes were beginning to take on a twinkle of excitement. Not only did he have a brother, but a brother that was a Jedi. To Owen, Jedi were like Batman or Spiderman. Learning he was related to a 'superhero' was a dream come true. Kirsten seemed to pick up on Owen's excitement and began to laugh, bouncing in her seat, although she had no idea what was going on exactly.

"How old is he?" Megan was determined to get every single detail, especially since this was our long lost brother.

"He just turned 14." I looked at Mom in confusion. I had just turned 14. Mom couldn't have had 2 babies so close together.

"I'm confused. How can we both be 14? Its impossible..." I paused. Well, not impossible. Twins were born only a... few...minutes... I looked over at Mom, my eyes widening as realisation hit me. It wasn't possible. I couldn't...could I?

"Katie, he is your twin brother." My mouth dropped open, letting out a gasp. I am a twin? I have a twin brother?! I am a twin!!?? I didn't know what to say. I had dreamed of being a twin and meeting my lost sibling countless times, thinking of what I'd say and do when I learned the truth. I think everyone has wished they were a twin at some point. But, now it had really, amazingly, happened and I was speechless. I must have looked like a fish out of water from the way I kept opening and closing my mouth, not a

7. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ooooo! OMG! If I found out I were Obi's twin, I would go into shock... Sheesh... Anyways, I liked the other story that goes along w/ this (Can't think of it at the moment... wait! It's called "Yesterday" right?)

More soon please! :D

8. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    LOL. :)

Yes, it was called Yesterday. I'm glad you liked it.

Chapter 3

"Master, isn't there anything you can tell me about them?" Obi-Wan asked as he Qui-Gon helped him off the floor, calling his lightsaber to him with the Force. They had 4 more hours to go and the anxiety was killing him. He couldn't remember a time when his Master had beat him so easily, or so quickly. What will they think of me? Will I be treated as stranger by my own family? He didn't see why they shouldn't, he was a stranger.

"There's not much I can tell you, Padawan. I haven't heard from them in years." He looked down at his Padawan, deciding to drop the sparring idea. Obi-Wan was usually very good at hiding his emotions, but it was obvious his mind just wasn't into it at the moment.

"You know my family?" Obi-Wan asked in disbelief. Even my own Master knows my family better than I do.

"Yes, I've known your parents for awhile now." Qui-Gon decided not to torture his Padawan. Obi-Wan looked slightly disoriented with shock. "Sit down Obi-Wan before you break something and I will tell you everything I know." In the blink of an eye, Obi-Wan was sitting on one of the chairs, waiting for him to begin. Laughing silently, Qui-Gon sat in the chair across from him.

"I hadn't been a knight for very long, 5 years at the most. I went to Alderran for a few weeks of peace. I met your parents during the stay. We became friends and I've tried to stay in touch ever since, although it hasn't been easy." He paused, trying to figure out what to say next. He remembered how surprised, and pleased, he had been to find his beloved Padawan was the son of the Lars. "The last I heard from them was they had moved to Earth for a more peaceful life with their families. We've hardly communicated in the past 13 years." He stood up and walked over to his bag, removing a datapad. "This is a letter your mother wrote to you. I was asked to give it to you when the time was right." Obi-Wan stared down at the datapad as his Master headed into the cockpit, giving him some privacy. With trembling hands, he slowly began to read.

My Dearest Son,
    I cannot believe 14 years have passed already. I count down the days until I will once again be able to hold you in my arms. I know you will not remember me or your father when we finally meet, but I pray that won't keep you from feeling part of the family. You are our son, do not forget that, and we love you with all our hearts.

Obi-Wan closed his eyes, searching his memory. His mother was right. He had no recollection of his parents. Only a soft voice humming a lullaby. He suddenly felt an overwhelming loss. It was...wrong, somehow, to not remember ones own parents. Deciding he'd talk to his Master about it later, Obi-Wan continued to read.

I feel it would be best if I tell you about your brother and sisters now, instead of meeting them when you get here. Your youngest sister is Kirsten. She turned 3 several months ago. Owen is your only brother and is 8 at the moment. I know he will be excited to meet you. Having an older brother is a dream come true. Kirsten is next. She is 12 and the most outgoing. Katie is the last. She just turned 14 and is your twin sister. I am glad this will no longer be kept secret from either of you.

Knowing you are coming home soon fills my heart with joy.

With Love,
    Your mother.

Obi-Wan put the datapad down, re-reading it to make sure he hadn't read that wrong. I have a TWIN sister? A twin? He couldn't be a twin. He would know if he had a twin. The Force would tell him. But his mother wouldn't lie. I am a twin. He thought slowly, the words running continuously through his head. What would she be like? What would they all be like?

Feedback is always welcome. (Hint, hint, hint.) :)

9. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 4

The ramp sssssssllllllllllllllooooooowwwwwwwwwwlllllllllllyyyyyyyyyy lowered to the ground. Obi-Wan felt like there were Corellian Mamoths fluttering in his stomache, threatening to break out at any moment. He had never felt so nervous before. The ramp lowered to show a prarie, mountains visible in the distance. A soft breeze reached him, ruffling his short hair. They hadn't been able to land in the city or anywhere populated, for fear of atracting unwanted attention. A little ways away stood 5 people. His family. 5? Maybe he had misread the letter. Following his Master, they approached the people as the ship took off. The woman, who he guessed was his mother, stepped forward, pulling his Master into a hug. To his surprise, Qui-Gon didn't even hesitate and returned it.

"Hello, Qui-Gon." The woman said, smiling up at his Master. "It's nice to see you again."

"Hello Cara, Don." He said, smiling back as he shook hands with the man, his father.

"Hello Qui." His father replied, smiling. Qui-Gon motioned for Obi-Wan to move up next to him. His feet felt like they were made of lead as he moved forward. //Padawan, breathe.//

"This is your son, Obi-Wan Kenobi." Obi-Wan stood there awkwardly, forcing himself to meet his parents' eyes. What should he say? What should he do? He realised he had no idea how to greet his parents. Was he supposed to bow? Shake hands? Hug? Before he could do anything, he found himself being hugged by his mother. Obi-Wan felt his body go rigid in shock, then he slowly returned it. Surprisingly, it didn't feel awkward at all.

"Welcome home Obi-Wan." She whispered into his ear. He felt like crying.

"Thank you....mother." He whispered. She didn't seem like such a stranger anymore as she stepped back. There were tears of happiness in her eyes. Instantly, he found himself in a similar hug from his father. No words were said between them, but Obi-Wan could see his father's eyes also seemed teary. Obi-Wan glanced over at his Master, who smiled at him. He frowned slightly. It was sad almost. He was about to ask what was wrong when his mother continued.

"Obi-Wan, I'd like you to meet Megan, Owen, and Kirsten." His mom said as tried to smile at his siblings. Kirsten stood behind their Mom, holding onto her leg as she stared up at them nervously with wide eyes. Owen looked at him and Qui-Gon shyly, mumbling hello. Megan seemed to be looking him up and down as she shook his hand. Obi-Wan felt the awkwardness beginning to come back. "I apologize for Katie not being here. We don't have enough seats in our car unfortunately."

"Come, we should head home. You must be tired after your long trip." His father said. He and Qui-Gon began walking towards the transport some distance away. His mother wrapped an arm around his shoulders giving him another hug and a small kiss on the forehead. He began to finally relax, walking beside his mother. But still, some of his nervousness remained. He still had to meet his twin.

10. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Poor guy...!

Great posts!

11. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks KenobisGirl!

Sorry, no post today.

12. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Wow Kadi! I just found this story and I think it's grrrrrrrrreat! I love stories with his real family in them! Kirsten's so cute! ;)

Oh I can't wait till he meets Katie!

More please! :)

13. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks Siri!

Sorry, no post again. There should be one tomorrow though.

14. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    I finally got the next post ready. Once again, sorry for the wait.

Chapter 5

I had never been so nervous in my entire life. The wait was killing me! They would be getting back anytime now. Still, the minutes seemed to last hours. My eyes drifted back up to the clock. Every second lasted an eternity. I couldn't sit still any longer. Forcing myself to not look at the clock, I stood up to go up to my room. I froze as a weird feeling filled my mind. What in the world was that?! Someone was coming. Somehow, I knew someone was coming. Without thinking, I began to head outside. As I stepped out of the house, I heard a small click behind me. Oh no! I spun around. It was too late. The door had shut. I jiggled the handle frantically, but it was no use. I had just locked myself out of the house! Great, just great. What would my twin think of me locking myself out of the house? Sighing, I began to walk around the house, checking the windows. Could this day get any worse? Just then, I heard the garage door begin to open.

I burst through the door...and instantly ran into someone. With a yell I jumped back, tripping over my own feet and fell to the ground. I looked up to find everyone looking down at me, including the two Jedi. Blushing bright red and grinning in embarresment, I quickly stood up. This is just great! Making myself look like an idiot is sure to impress them.

The Jedi Master helped me up, a look of amusement on his face which just made me blush even
    more.

"Master Qui-Gon Jinn, this is our daughter, Katie." Mom said, hiding a smile behind her hand. He smiled kindly as he shook my hand.

"Sorry about..that." I mumbled, looking down at me feet.

"Quite allright." He nodded and stepped aside, pushing a boy in front of me. He was a couple inches taller than me, and had short hair with a long braid hanging from behind his right ear. Blue-green eyes met mine. Neither of us said anything. I hardly heard Mom introduce us or saw the tears of joy in her eyes as she hugged Dad, watching us. All I saw was my twin. He seemed almost....familiar somehow. But that wasn't possible. We had been split up when we were only 6 months of age.

"Hello." He said quietly, sounding nervous.

"Hi." I replied shyly, biting my lip nervously. An uncomfortable silence surrounded us. He glanced up at his Master, unsure of what to do. I looked over at Mom, my eyes pleading for her to say something.

"Let me show you where to put your bags." She said reluctantly, as if she didn't want this moment to end. I, on the other hand, couldn't wait. Standing back, I watched as Master Jinn and Obi-Wan followed Mom upstairs to their room. Just before he disappeared around the corner, Obi-Wan looked back at me. I quickly looked away.

Chapter 6

Later that day, Obi-Wan walked back downstairs, feeling like an intruder in his family's home. His Master had been meditating with him for the past few hours, helping him sort through his feelings. This was the first time he'd come out of meditation not feeling even slightly relaxed. Exploring the home, he suddenly froze, finding himself in the same room as his twin and younger sister. Neither noticed he was there. Katie was leaning against the window, her forehead pressed against the glass.

"Why do I always mess things up? My own twin and I didn't say anything." She was saying to Megan. "I acted like a complete idiot! I just had to run into Master Jinn and trip over my own feet."

"It's not your fault." Megan said sympathetically. "I think everyone is feeling a little awkward. Even Owen. Have you ever seen him that quiet?"

Katie sighed. "No. This is going to take alot of time to get used to....you know."

"Having another brother? Oh yeah. Who would have thought." Megan said. Just then, Katie turned and looked straight at him. She jumped, startled. Megan turned to see what she was looking at and also straightened up.

"Oh..

15. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    I loved that Kadi. Can't wait to read more and see the rest of the changes you made. :)

16. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    That was soo funny! It's a good thing that neither of them are snobby ;) More please??? :)

17. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    That was soo funny! It's a good thing that neither of them are snobby ;) More please??? :)

18. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thank you Borme and Siri!!! :)

I'm sorry it's taking so long for the next post. Darth Real Life has been taking up most of my time lately. Hopefully, I'll manage to finish the post in the next few days.

19. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Sorry for the delay. I recently found out my parents are getting a divorce and haven't felt like writing much.

Chapter 7
    That night, Qui-Gon awoke suddenly, the surge of the the Force disappearing as quickly as it came. Confused, he sat up and looked around. Where did that come from? The only time he felt the Force surge like that was during training with Obi-Wan. One look at the boy in the bed next to his denied that his Padawan was active in any way. He was sleeping peacefully, covers aray as usual. Just then, he felt another small surge in the Force, like the first. Now Obi-Wan was awake. He sat up startled and almost fell off the bed. Qui-Gon instinctively jumped up, steadying the boy.

"What is it Master?" Obi-Wan whispered.

"I'm not sure." He said, grabbing his lightsaber and using the Force to keep the door from creaking. Obi-Wan quickly untangled himself from the covers and followed. He didn't take his saber, though. Something told him he wouldn't need it. Qui-Gon peered around the corner, searching for the source of the Force surges.

He froze. Obi-Wan felt his Master tense, and instantly moved to see around the older Jedi. His eyes widened as he gazed down into the living room.

Katie was sound asleep in a sleeping bag on the middle of the floor. Objects of all shapes and sizes floated around her. They watched in shock as a small glass figure levitated off one shelf, sped around the room, then gently landed back on the shelf.

"Padawan, stay here." Qui-Gon ordered, making his way down the stairs and into the room. Ducking under a shoe that had begun to orbit around his head, he bent closer to Katie, just noticing she was murmuring something. At first, all he could make out was a jumple of syllables. Then, his ear caught a word that made his heart stop. It's not possible.

"Master Quegrtan ." The name of a hero to many Padawans and Knights. The name of a Master who had fought bravely in the Sith Wars, sacrificing his life for the cause. The name of a long dead Jedi. How could she have known his name? Unless it was just a mistake. But that was quite some mistake. It was hard for humans to correctly pronounce the name unless they heard it many times. She had said every syllable correctly and clearly. Not to mention the fact that noone except the Jedi had ever heard of the Master and he was positive she had never encountered a Jedi before them. The Force around him was electric. There was more to Katie than met the eye. He would have to watch her closely.

20. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    I'll say there's more to her! That was great Kadi! I can't wait for more! Oooooh this is cool!

21. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Sorry for the wait. I'll try to post regularly from now on.

Chapter 8

/You have done well./ A soft voice echoed through my mind as I began to awake. Huh, what? My eyes flew open, and I sat up. Even as I tried to hold onto the dream voice, it faded away, slipping into the recesses of my mind. All I could remember was I couldn't remember. Sighing, I looked around. Just another dream to add to the list. It didn't bother me that I couldn't remember, noone remembered all of their dreams, but certain ones left me feeling exhausted, while the rest didn't. Maybe one day I'll figure out the mystery. Right then my biggest concern was getting myself to completely wake up and stay that way all day. With a groan, I rubbed my face and stood up. I wanted to go back to bed. My eyes just didn't want to stay open. Forcing them open, I walked into the kitchen. Megan, Owen, and Kirsten were in front of the T.V, arguing over the controller. Mom was standing at the counter in the kitchen, making batter for waffles.

"Good morning." I said with a yawn as I plopped down into my usual seat at the table.

"Morning sleepyhead." She commented. I glanced at the clock. 10 o'clock. Definitely too early to get up. Especially during the summer. I rested my head on the table, trying to stay awake. Night couldn't come soon enough.

22. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Once again, my life has gotten in the way of my writing. (Just got a new puppy! :))

Sorry.

Chapter 9

A beam of sunlight shone through the window, down onto Qui-Gons face, the warmth gently bringing him out of the depths of sleep. The Jedi Master let out a small sigh of contentment, enjoying the sun on his face and the caress of the Living Force around him. Pushing himself up, he looked out the window at the large tree in the front. A bird with a red chest perched on one of the many branches reaching out towards the window, singing cheerfully as if to welcome the morning. Qui-Gon let out another small sigh, standing up and watching the world slowly start the day. Across the street, a father pulled out of the garage in one of the strange transports, waving at his daughter who stood in the front, still half asleep as a small canine ran around their yard on a the end of the leash in her hands. Another neighbor came out of her house, dressed in tight clothing, and started down the street at a slow jog. Qui-Gon smiled, now understanding why someone would come to this primitive planet. Most planets were caught up in the bustle of technology. He knew each had sections where families lived, going through similar calm mornings, but there was something unique about the peace that seemed to fill the very air. Just then, he caught the scent of something delicious cooking for breakfast coming through the gap under the door. Turning towards the other bed in the room, he looked at his Padawan, still fast asleep.

Walking over, Qui-Gon shook him gently."Obi-Wan, its time to get up." The boy groaned, pulling the pillow off the floor and covering his head. Qui-Gon wrenched it away from his grasp.

"Master." Obi-Wan groaned.

"Padawan, you'll miss breakfast." Qui-Gon said, turning and pulling his bag out from underneath his bed. Obi-Wan opened one eye, looking at him groggily. For a moment he seemed to debate wether to go downstairs and eat whatever it was he smelled or stay in bed and sleep the rest of the day. His stomache seemed to win and he reluctantly got up out of bed, rubbing his face with one hand as he searched for his clothes. As Obi-Wan completely woke up, Qui-Gon got dressed. They had both brought clothes that blended in better with what the humans on this planet wore than their Jedi robes. Once Obi-Wan was dressed, double checking to make sure none of his tunics were inside out, before they headed down. Megan, Owen, and Kirsten sat in front of a primitive holovid, watching something. Katie was at the table, completely motionless with her forehead resting against the table. Apparently she was like her twin when it came to mornings. He would have thought she was asleep if she hadn't looked up when they walked over.

"Good morning." He said, nodding to Cara before taking a seat across from her.

"Good morning." Cara replied cheerfully as she prepared their breakfast. Katie just smiled sleepily, then returned to her former position, surpressing a yawn.

"Did you sleep well last night?" Obi-Wan asked Katie curiously as he sat down next to her.

"I was out all night and still feel like I didn't get an ounce of rest." She said, yawning again.

Qui-Gon looked over at Katie. She was quietly skimming through the morning news, not paying any attention to him. Now was his chance. Reaching out with the Force, he touched her mind, just skimming the edges. Her mind remained open. Slowly, he began to delve deeper, searching for some clue as to what had happened the night before. Qui-Gon had barely begun when a Force slammed into him, practically throwing him out of her mind and back into his own. He sat there, dazed for a moment. What was that? Katie remained reading the paper, oblivious to what had just happened. Trying to keep his puzzlement from showing, he tried again, even more gently. Strong mental shields slammed into place, blocking him from getting in once again. Determined now, he pushed against them. Katie's head snapped up, h

23. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Hehe... That'll teach ya to stop probing minds, Qui! Poor Obi, he has to get up at 10:00... I feel his pain! I'm not a nice person unless I get up at noon on weekends... ;)

That was good! :)

24. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    How you doing KADI-WAN_KENOBI? I hope everyone you know is well. More please.

25. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    KenobisGirl: LOL. I wish I could sleep till noon. For some reason I can't get myself to sleep past 8. Only during the week. :p

Glad is June: I'm doing alright. Everyone I know is fine. Thank you for asking. And please call me Kadi.

Here's more for you guys. :)

Chapter 10

That night Qui-Gon, sat outside, watching the stars appear. Throughout the day, several incidents had taken place. Everything from levitating objects the night before to reading Obi-Wan's mind without realizing it. They all pointed to one thing. Katie was Force-sensitive, more so than the usual civilian. This was more like Jedi sensitivity. He wouldn't know for sure until he got her midi-chlorian count. But how? If he asked for a blood sample, she would definitely ask questions. He wasn't sure how she would react and wanted to keep from finding out for as long as possible. So, he had to some how get a blood sample secretly. Qui-Gon sighed, leaning back. The Force would bring a solution in time. He could only hope it was soon, before they left, or this mystery would most likely go unsolved. Just then, he heard someone walking by the side of the house, down the gravel path from the front. There was a small yell and the sound of someone skidding. Qui-Gon jumped up just in time to see Obi-Wan and Katie slide to a halt several feet in front of him, a tangle of arms and legs. When they finally managed to untangle themselves Obi-Wan (surprisingly) appeared to be alright, but Katie was holding her knee. Obi-Wan helped her up, then noticed his Master watching.

"Padawan, what happened?" Qui-Gon asked.

"Its my fault." Katie interrupted, bending over to get a better look at her injury. "I tripped and knocked Obi-Wan over in the process." Qui-Gon surpressed the urge to roll his eyes. It seemed like Obi-Wan and Katie shared another similarity. He walked over to Katie, who seemed more annoyed than hurt.

"Is your knee alright?" He asked, kneeling down to check it.

"Yes, just scraped part of it off. Again." She removed her hand, letting him see the several bloody cuts she had gotten from the rocks on the ground.

"Come, lets get you fixed up." He said, leading her to where he had been sitting, then pulled out his medi-kit. Ever since he had taken Obi-Wan as his Padawan, the Healers had insisted he carry one at all times, although he didn't need much persuasion. Taking out disinfectant, he gently dabbed at the cuts. As he did, he grabbed a small com-link disc and quickly scraped a little of the blood on to it. Katie winced and looked at him curiously, but kept silent. Then he put on a small bacta patch.

"There, good as new." He said, quietly sliding the disc into his com-link. She stood up and tested her knee.

"Thank you." She replied, poking at the bacta patch. Qui-Gon smiled, for more than one reason. He now had a blood sample.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.