main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Mobile Social Thread - Card Games in the Sabacc Den

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Errant_Venture, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    After a bit of a hiatus, we welcome the social thread to the reopened CCG, TCG, and Boardgames forum. Enjoy!

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
  3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  4. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Howdy folks!

5. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    This thing still lives I see - wonder if it'll ever hit 10k. :p

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Well, at least in this forum it will stay on page 1. Easy to find!

7. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    This still lives?

Cool.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - gotta knock the cobwebs off every now and then though!

9. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Awesome. I usually hate cleaning, but I'll make an exception. *grabs dust rags and brooms*

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, we have a clean Sabacc Den now - all we need is players!

11. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Let the wookie win. ;)

EDIT: Yes, I know they weren't playing Sabacc in ANH but I'm still using the qoute. :p

12. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    Aww, what happened to this place? :(

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's in a real quiet forum at the moment...but then we know we will find it on page 1!

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Hmmm... maybe all this thread needs to stay alive is some chatting.

Whaddya say?

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Works for me!

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Same here mate, same here. ;)

Seeing as part of this forum involves boardgames, I think a good 'ol talk of Risk is in order. Own Risk 2210 A.D. myself, and also the Clone Wars version of the game. Good stuff. Ever played it yourself?

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Haven't played in years. I had the original Risk game as a kid and lost almost every time I played. I like Monopoly better - at least I can win occasionally! I almost bought the SW Risk game that came out around RoTS time but I passed. I did get an AOTC Monopoly game though. Apparently that one was never released in the US.

18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Ah, so bartering and dealing appeals more to you than strategic thinking, I see. :p

I almost bought the SW Risk game that came out around RoTS time but I passed.

There's another type of SW Risk? I was not aware of any other SW-related Risk games...? :confused:

I have SW monopoly as well?it's easily my preferred game to play over normal monopoly. Even over the Australian monopoly version I happen to have. ;) Of course, what version of the Star Wars trilogy monopoly boardgame I have is up for debate. I once saw a trilogy version that had $1000 coins in it!! [face_hypnotized]

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The Risk game might be the same one you have - I just saw it a few times in a local bookstore but didn't really investigate it. I have seen a few versions of the SW Monopoly game but I only bought the AOTC one. I am more of a figure collector than a game collector.

20. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Here's the only Star Wars risk I know of:
    [image=http://www.kollectablekaos.com.au/images/swriskclonewars.jpg]

Does your figure collecting include any LEGO figures? :p No matter how old I get I don't think LEGO will ever totally go down the drain for me.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    yeah, that's the Risk game I saw here. I'm not a Lego collector but I did like the SW Lego videogame. I'm looking forward to the next one.
    You should check out our Lego thread in Collecting if you haven't already.

22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    The SW Lego videogame did rock something awesome. Force-pushing all enemies to pieces just can't be beaten. I've finished the game a couple of times, in fact. :D Hmmm... the 12th of September will be a day long remembered.... ;)

I haven't checked that thread out actually. I'll be sure to do so now that you mention it.

23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    It's Ian McDiarmid's birthday today. :D And he's only 62.

What a young Emperor. ;)

24. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    I'm performing CPR on this thread.

25. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    OO-OO-OO-OO-OO-OO.. a Star Wars virtual bandwagon!

If anyone wants to learn how to play the Star Wars CCG--Decipher's version..the version that was the #2 game behind Magic for its entire six year run!..the version that had this forum quite active when I was the CCG content manager here at TFN--just make a post! There are still lts of people that play (both offline and online) and we're always looking to hook new gamers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.