main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Most powerful force Users in the NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Durron001, Aug 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    Jaina is a better pilot than Kyp in avoiding asteroids. She is perhaps a little better at fighting in combat. Kyp is stronger in the force on the whole.

2. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Luke
    Kyp
    Mara
    Kam
    Corran

3. Durron001

Durron001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2001
    Whatever...She may be a slightly better pilot but overall Kyp is more powerful in the force.

4. silverblade

silverblade Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2001
    Like I said, experience has a lot to do with Kyp's power as compared to Jaina (and the Solo kids in general. If he falls to the dark side again, it might be a different story. Then again, Kun won't be aiding him either.

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    well, unless kyle katarn died between jedi outcast and NJO times, he is definatly one of the most powerful jedi of NJO times even if you can't see what he's doing.

He a chosen one of prophecy, putting him in a similer position of that of anakin skywalker, and powers included. He's also one of the most highly trained swordfighters, of the modern jedi.

When he went to the darkside, and influenced by Sith spirits, he was untouchable.

So he's definatly one of the most powerful force users of any post ROTJ era, he is alive for.

6. Sunsu

Sunsu Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2001
    In my opinion the strongest powerful force users in the NJO are as follows:

1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Mara Jade Skywalker
    3. Kyp Durron
    4. Anakin Solo
    5. Jacen Solo
    6 Jaina Solo
    7. Ganner Rhysode
    8. Master Ikrit
    9. Corran Horn
    10. Tahiri

Kyp Durron's placement as high as three is contingent upon the fact that he is indeed a Jedi Master. However, I am aware that his actions move toward the dark side, although that does not have an impact on the question that was presented above.

7. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey everyone, here's my list:

1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Anakin Solo
    3. Kyp Durron
    4. Jacen Solo
    5. Jaina Solo
    6. Mara Skywalker
    7. Corran Horn
    8. Kam Solusar
    9. Ganner Rhysode
    10. Leia Solo

While I don't like Kyp, I will say that except for Anakin and Luke, he does have the most Force-potential. He's a Jedi Master with a ton of experience, and he's extremely adept and subtle with his use of the Force. Yup, he's one bad mofo.

I still say that Luke has the highest Force-strength of any of them. I mean, his power seems to double after every trip back from the Dark Side, not to mention that Palpatine and Vader were afraid of him even when he was nothing but a half trained snot nosed brat. People tend to discount him because of his recent plague of pacifism, but I think that's a bad idea. The strength is there...he's just gotta use it.

Anakin is the strongest of the Solo kids, hands down. Jaina and Jacen seem to treat the Force almost as a kind of afterthought, whereas Anakin is, what I see as, a true Jedi Knight. He knows the Force is with him, he knows how to use it. Bickity Bam. Strong Jedi. Not to mention he's a Skywalker.

I put Leia on the list simply because she's a Skywalker. I still say she's unworthy of the title of Jedi, and that carrying a lightsaber is the biggest crock of poodoo I've ever seen, but whatever. The potential WAS there within her, all of the same strength that Luke has, but she neglected to use it, so I have to assume that it's gotten weaker over time. Leia is probably the most underused character in the books, in my opinion. She doesn't really do anything.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

JMA

8. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    10. Jaina Solo
    9. Tionne (Kam's Wife)
    8. Corran Horn
    7. Jacen Solo (Balance Point)
    6. Anakin Solo (EoV series)
    5. Kam Solar (I don't know how to spell it)
    4. Cigal
    3. Mara Jade Skywalker
    2. Kyp Durron
    1. Luke Skywalker

9. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Kam Solusar
    3. Mara Jade
    4. Kyp Durron
    5. Leia
    6. Corran
    7. Ganner
    8. Jacen
    9. Jaina
    10. Anakin

Experience counts. Also, I think we need more of these cool pacifists like that caamasian,(what's his name btw?) I don't like what happened to Jacen in Balance. Luke is just to active in fighting the vong the way he does.

10. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    "Like I said, experience has a lot to do with Kyp's power as compared to Jaina (and the Solo kids in general. If he falls to the dark side again, it might be a different story. Then again, Kun won't be aiding him either."

He won't be falling to the darkside cause the darkside doesn't exist. And I don't see him becoming evil. He is trying to protect the galaxy from the Vong. Since when does protecting the galaxy make you turn to the metaphoric "darkside".

11. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    I think people here are being biased towards Kyp because they don't like him. kyp had the power to defeat luke with only a few days training. True he may have had exar kun helping but kyp still beat luke. Kyp could also pilot through asertoids without any training. Only one person is greater than Kyp and that is luke

12. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    I find myself agreeing with everything Vergere said, interesting?

1.Luke, Mara, & Ben
    2.Luke
    2.5. Leia if she'd ever complete her training
    3.Anikan & Tahiri
    4.Jacen
    5.Anikan
    6.Jaina
    7.Kyp
    8.Mara
    9.Corran
    10.Ganner

13. Durron001

Aug 15, 2001
    Darth-Skycrawler is completely right and if you read the JAT and I, Jedi again you will see what I'm talking about

14. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I've gotta try my hand at this; it's definitely one of the more interesting threads I've seen as of late.

1.) Luke Skywalker
    2.) Anakin Solo
    3.) Mara Jade Skywalker
    4.) Jacen Solo
    5.) Jaina Solo
    6.) Kyp Durron
    7.) Corran Horn
    8.) Kam Solusar
    9.) Ganner Rhysode
    10.) Tahiri Veila

I'm basing my ranking upon who I believe would be able to defeat who should they go on head to head. Anakin, I believe, is stronger than Luke when it comes to raw Force potential, but Luke could still edge him out due to experience. I highly doubt anyone else could, though, even Mara. Jacen would also be quite a strong contender, even with his morals somewhat limiting him. I can't see Kyp being able to defeat any of the three Solo kids if they fought one on one, and for that reason, I put him at number six, even though it was lower in the list than I thought he'd be at first glance. And then comes Corran, who's very powerful in my opinion, but would probably not be able to edge out any of the others, and then Kam, and Ganner, and so on. The list would be different if I included the combined powers that certain people have when they work together with other people, but, well... I didn't do that. :)

Yeah, so anyway, that's my two cents' worth of input...

15. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    Kyp is powerful no doubts there, but he seems to be a natural loose cannon as Kun's puppet or a Jedi knight.

On the other hand though maybe I was being biased towards him when i placed the Solo kids above him in my list. Maybe it is because I don't like him.

But you see I don't like Kyp. So I'd expect even Valin, Corran's 11 yr old son, to give him a beating if he needs it.

16. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    balance_point-Do you really think jacen would even think of attacking any other jedi? If you use that system to measure force power he's light years behind ben skywalker.

17. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ok then, let's say they're being forced to, or are under mind control, or are just really pissed, or something. Would that work? It's not like any of them would ever fight each other anyway. :)

18. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    "True he may have had exar kun helping but kyp still beat luke."

That might be the single most unfair comment to Luke that I have seen on these boards. Kyp did NOT beat Luke. Exar Kun beat Luke. It's like you're completely shrugging off the fact that a highly trained Dark Side wielding Sith Lord was adding his strength to Kyp's. How can that be done? It was 2 on 1. Luke would have smashed Kyp into the ground if it was just him, Kyp was hardly trained.

JMA

19. Durron001

Aug 15, 2001
    Hey JMA, that still does not change the fact that Kyp learned almost all Luke could teach him in a week, and I'm pretty sure there was a lot more Kyp behind the attack that incapacitated Luke. It wasn't 2 on 1. And how can the solo kids be stronger than Kyp? That's laughable! Just cause the force is strong in their family doesn't mean crap. Actually more powerful jedi are usually flukes that come every couple of generations or only once in an ancestral line.

20. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    1) Luke Skywalker - No one is greater. No one was ever greater. No one will ever be greater. Amen.

2) Kyp Durron - Natural strength. No great skill, but a lot of natural strength.

3) Streen - Natural strength only a little less than Kyp's, and more skill.

4) Kam Solosar - This hard bitten Jedi has been through the fires of the Dark Side and emerged stronger than virtually anyone.

5) Mara Jade - Sharing a mental link with the greatest Jedi Master ever and having considerable strength of her own, I think she snags the #5 spot easily.

6,7) Jacen and Anakin, too close to call. Anakin has a little bit greater natural strength, Jacen has a little bit greater skill.

8) Corran Horn - He strong, good with Saber :)

9) Leia Solo - Natch. Daughter of Vader is strong is the Force, yes.

10) Jaina Solo - Round out the list.

21. Jedi----Cost

Jedi----Cost Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    if they were a mediclorian(sp) count today this whould be the result

1 Ben Skywalker for the smiple reason that vader said in SoTE that the force get stronger in the jedi blood lines.

2 Luke

3 ani solo

4 J/J

5 leia

6 kyp

7 mara

8 valin horn

9 corran

10 ganner

also i think it whould be cool if valin ot together with another power full jedi you whould get a more powerful corran with tk

22. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    It's fun to picture those fights. But I'd like to change my list add the dude that controls their minds at the top. :)

23. mydred

mydred Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2001
    Ana Vitorrian - Master Ikrit's dead (Edge of Victory I: Conquest)

Surely Kyle Katarn deserves a spot on that list, if you take Jedi Knight as canon - his rank is at "Jedi Lord" by the end.

24. Durron001

Aug 15, 2001
    Again is that ignorance that is leading you to put Leia that high on the list or rather at all? She doesn't even have the right to be called a force adept much less a jedi. Many more people are more deserving of a spot than that screwed up princess.

25. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Durron, is there no other way you can make a point other than by calling people ignorant and saying Leia is a "screwed up princess?" It is only YOUR opinions and thoughts that are eroded and your ideas that have no merit when you resort to name-calling.

I mean granted, Leia is not a powerful Force user, but she is the daughter of Anakin Skywalker and has alot potential to be, which may lead alot of people, including myself, to put her on the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.