main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Offical Gamecube Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Mace_Windo, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Congrats, you just made the idiot list. For crimes against off-topicness. And shouting without cause.

Threads with absolutely no off-topic elements tend to get dull, and obtain very few replies. Feel TEH FUN.

2. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    I gamecube went out gamecube and walked my gamecube dog. He gamcube urinated on gamecube a fire hydrant. Gamecube he is gamecube a silly gamecube dog. Do gamecube you like gamecube dogs? [face_devil]

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

3. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    I gamecube don't know gamcube. I like gamecube dogs and everything gamecube, but we've only gamecube ever had hamsters and gamecube cats. And of course gamecube fish, I mean who gamecube hasn't? ;)

4. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    I'm thinking of getting either Tony Hawk 3 or NBA Courtside.
    Anyone has any info on whether I should get theses games or not?

5. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    i have Tony Hawk, and just ignore the thread killers, they can rack up the pages for us :p

6. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    Gamecube you're an idiot and gamecube you must adjust to gamecube this forum, it will not gamecube adjust to you.

Do you know what a threadkiller gamecube actually is, because you just used the word incorrectly.

7. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    thanks for keeping this on the front page for us :p

8. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    First off, I totally LOVE the Gamecube, and am glad I bought one. I do, however, have a few complaints about things. I know this isn't the place to bash (even though I'm not gonna bash), but different points of view are needed in a 'discussion'. All of this is MHO of course.

I'm posting this just to get things off my chest. I HATE the GC controller. The controller could be perfect. The size is perfect and fits perfectly in my hands. The buttons are all placed conveniently. I also like that they are all different shapes and sizes, so they are instantly distinguishable without looking down. But I HATE the "L" and "R" buttons. They suck. It's like pressing in on worn out springs. They are supposed to be 'pressure sensitive' but I think otherwise. It's either pressing in a tiny bit, with nothing happening...or pressing in all the way. And then when you do that, you hear this stupid crunching noise...it get's annoying if you are playing a game like Luigi's Mansion, where the "R" button is the primary button. the "L" and "R" buttons, in my opinion, make the controller seem flimsy and cheap.

One thing that hasn't been a problem so far for the GC, is the memory capacity issue as far as disks go. It was mentioned when the GC/X-box first came out, that because of the GC's smaller disks, that their games wouldn't be as good b/c of less memory capacity. However, we all see that ps2 ports onto the gamecube come through entirely intact. So I guess it's a non-issue for the time being.

You also gotta love the relative size of the GC. I bet they sell a ton of those portable screen things. Why would you need a gameboy advance if you can just drag a portable GC around???

BTW, don't buy Luigi's Mansion if you don't have to. It's incredibly fun, but beatable in about 3-4 hours if you are any type of competent gamer.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>But I HATE the "L" and "R" buttons. They suck. It's like pressing in on worn out springs. They are supposed to be 'pressure sensitive' but I think otherwise. It's either pressing in a tiny bit, with nothing happening...or pressing in all the way. And then when you do that, you hear this stupid crunching noise...<<

Maybe it's just your controller, cause the two I have definately respond to the pressure sensitivity. An excellent example of this is Super Monkey Ball's Bowling mini-game, where for your shot you use the pressure sensitivity to tell how much spin to put on your ball, and many times you only need the slightest amount of spin on it, and I have no problem doing so with the buttons. Same goes with rogue squadron, although rogue squadron usually needs full-speed, or for you to "click" the button (it shouldn't crung when you do that though...).

If there's one thing to complain about, it's that the z-button really isn't easy to use in conjunction with R-button unless you keep a finger free for it.

10. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I agree the L,R buttons are fine. My gripe is the z button placement and the tiny start button. Both of which for the games I have get little use other than pausing. So it's no big deal. Just feel lucky we didn't get the X-box controler. I tried a X-box at my cousin's for the first time at X-mas and I could barly get my hands around the thing.

11. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Yeah the Z Button is ridiculus, it was really cool on the N64, like a trigger type thing but now it's just some button in the top corner put there for who knows what.

Anyway JC, i guess it's just that time of month again for Mace_Windo. ;)

12. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
  13. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    Naw, he just doesn't have a clue, bless'im! [face_laugh]

14. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
  15. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    [image=http://www.angelfire.com/ego/platform/Official.jpg]
    Now you can post without fear of redundancy.

16. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
  17. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    Use words, for sake!

18. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
  19. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    I need help on Tony Hawk :_|

20. I-poodoo

May 1, 2001
    The biggest problem I have with the controller is that it's not convenient and easy to move your finger in their natural position in the cup shaped L&R buttons to hit the Z button above the R button. To do it I have to remove my fingers from where they can easily reach the other buttons. Thankfully the Z button has yet to figure prominently in a game so It has not been crucial to use the Z in action situations quickly.

I have Luigi's Mansion and have yet to beat it WindexedStormtrooper does that make me an incompetent gamer? Of course it's been on the back burner since I got RL, SSBM, and Pikmin, so that's the reason why I haven't beaten it yet.

21. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    How do you use flatland tricks in THPS3? Other than the manual, thats in training. :(

22. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    So why did you go and create another thread?

[face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]
    The clones are angry.

23. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Gamecube is awesome...I just wish it had more cool games coming out for the system like xbox does.

24. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    Now that's being a true fan.
    [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]
    The clones are angry.

25. I-poodoo

May 1, 2001
    Yeah Gamecube's sparse library is starting to concern me, but I did see the new commercial for Sonic Adventure 2 on GC. Haven't played Sonic since my friend had a Gamegear way back when. I'm interested to see what this incarnation of him is about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.