main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ~The Offical Idea Thread~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Storm_Granger, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Awesome idea! :D

Does anyone have a webdomain where we can store photos?

2. Drgnfyre4

Drgnfyre4 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    For a temporary fix we could start a photobucket account. Its free and easy.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    It unfortunately only lets you have 25 MB. But I guess that'll work for now. :)

4. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    this group could also have a yahoo group, and you can store massive photos there.

5. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003

Photobucket works great and it is really easy to use.

6. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    Just wanted to bump this up and see how the ideas were flowing...lol

7. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I have an idea for the quiz trophy i mentioned. i'll start working on it soon, i'll keep it secret till we have a quiz night for the big reveal!

It's going to be very very lame!!

8. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    So what kind of quiz night? Like a Star Wars trivia thing? And would this be in a chat room somewhere?

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Tis in my earlier post.

A proper quiz night with multiple categories including a Star Wars one. Online ones are fun but it'd be much better to do a proper one, more sense of a rivalry and will be good to take pics of our "Inland Empire Yoda" receiving the "trophy".

10. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    All I could find was "quiz night, live, not necessarily Star Wars"...what's the definition of a *proper* one? Hosted at someone's house as an event, you mean? That sounds fun! =D=

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Yeah, it could happen at someone's house or another venue.

I'm working on making the "trophy" and some questions then in August/September we can look at having the quiz and the format of either teams or individuals. depends on if people are interested.

12. Storm_Granger

Apr 7, 2003
    The quiz night sounds like it would be a BLAST! count me in!

13. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Someone mentioned a while back about some cinema in LA showing all the films sometime in late summer, can't find the post or remember who said they worked there. Anybody got an update on when this may possibly happen?

14. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    That was Brandon who posted, Sith, and he works out at the Arclight in Hollywood. I'm a member on the site and get their update newsletter but I haven't seen anything about it yet. I'll have Mike ask him for the latest.

Meanwhile, they ARE doing some other things at 8pm on Wednesdays during August. They'll be showing Terminator 1 and 2, then Alien and Aliens. The Arclight is a cool place, but the drawback is that it's expensive. The "bargain" price for these summer classics is $11! Still, if you don't have these on DVD and/or are itching to catch them on the big screen, here's an opportunity.

15. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Fingers crossed they will still show them.

Roll on November 1st for the DVD release!

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Maybe for a christmas charity thingy we could donate some new packaged toys to ABC7's toy drive. We could all go down together, maybe even get on the news!

17. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I don't know if any of you are planning to see Harry Potter, but we (OCFF) Will be seeing it at Irvine Spectrum at midnight. If you want to see it with fellow geeks, we'll be there :D

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    thanks for the offer.

19. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey guys and gals. just wanted to let you know that if any of you are going to be in the area, you're welcome to stop by our OCFF Holiday party at Fuddruckers.

[image=http://www.wherethemagicbegins.com/image/10714282_scaled_322x267.jpg]
    Merry Christmas!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.