main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread (general discussion)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    From what I've seen Ahsoka just looks like the latest in a long line of lame Star Wars characters and bad ideas. Anakin having a Padawan doesn't make sense. I'm already hoping she gets killed off.

2. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Good point, J_F. You have to wonder why then Anakin has never displayed that style. Although it could be something that he learns during the Clone Wars, I suppose.

3. Cid

Cid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2007
    Her purpose is to be spunky, impulsive, and comical... and then die.

Thought the more i think about it the more i warm to the idea of her being in the LAS.

4. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    It would be nice if Ventress killed her. That would give Anakin even more reason to hate her and make his battle with her on Coruscant all the more dramatic and tragic.

5. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    It would be an interesting story to have her try to go after Vader or be a player in the rebellion.

6. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    I love the idea for this character. Since Padme's career as an action hero kinda fizzled, young female fans haven't had much to identify with except obscure background Jedi. A featured female Padawan is perfect!

Has anyone sorted out the design of Ahsoka's saber hilt? Looks to me like a combo of Obi-Wan's Padawan saber (the pommel "sphere", albeit with no black), Luke/Anakin's Graphlex (the emitter), with some kind of extra-wide shielding (like a metal leg-warmer?) in between. And does the blade seem full-length, or "short-scale" like Yoda's?

7. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    I feel sinister and sadistic hoping for her death, but I know it won't happen. They would not kill of an eleven year-old on a kid's show.

To reiterate earlier points: Ahsoka (as Anakin's Padawan) is quite possibly the worst idea in Star Wars. Period.

8. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Just because of continuity issues? Meesa not so sure. Having Anakin build 3PO was at least that goofy, and it paid no dramatic dividends. We'll have to wait and see with Ahsoka. (I assume she will die, just like every other prequel-era Jedi, no matter how beloved, and that could be pretty dramatic indeed.)

9. maderic

Oct 8, 2004
    Negative.

I have to disagree with you about the 3PO thing as I see nothing wrong that. If he hadn't given that as an explanation for Threepio, there would've been complaints that he'd done nothing to show Threepio's origins. I don't see how that has any real changes to the continuity.

Ahsoka, though... messes with Anakin's character entirely. He's not mature enough to be a master. That's the point of him. There's so many wrong things about giving him an apprentice. If it were just a Jedi that was assigned to be with him, I'd have no problem with her. But they had to use the P word. Ugh.

I highly doubt they'll kill her off in the Clone Wars. It's made for kids!

10. Berkyjay

Berkyjay Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2007
    Sounds like you are too attached to the details of Star Wars. It's best that you learn to let go a little and allow yourself to enjoy the show especially since there is nothing you can do about the fact that Anakin has a padawan named Ahsoka. Well I guess there is one thing you can do...which is don't watch....but that would be silly.

11. maderic

Oct 8, 2004
    So we just ignore the plot and characterizations of the films for the sake of a TV show? I don't like that reasoning.

But of course I'll watch it. I can't pass total judgment on it without watching it. Plus..it's Star Wars, no matter how ridiculous the concept of Anakin's apprentice is.

;)

12. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    He was on the Council, though, so it's not like he was viewed as that much of a loose cannon. Yeah, it was partly due to them wanting to spy on Palpatine, but he was still on it. Think of Ahsoka as Anakin's dog to teach him about responsibility and other life lessons.

13. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    He appearance on the Council only comes about during ROTS. That is much later down the line.

And I believe that is the first Ahsoka username I've seen. Haha. Hello there! :D

14. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    And I believe that is the first Ahsoka username I've seen. Haha. Hello there! :D

That's funny-- I didn't even try for her "real" name. I assumed it would've been long since taken.

The marketing machine is cranking... y'all have seen this, right?

Costume

Same source is selling a Qui-Gon saber as the "Ahsoka" lightsaber and also as Plo Koon's... that's what got me interested in the hilt design.

15. Berkyjay

Berkyjay Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2007

Yes!! That's what I'm talking about. It is Star Wars and there are a ton of things I don't like about the stories but I still allow myself to watch it and love it.

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I think the character would work perfectly if she were an unofficial or even secret padawan to Anakin that he was training without the expressed consent of the Jedi Council. Sadly, from the video that I've seen thus far I don't get the feeling that the master/apprentice relationship between Anakin and Ahsoka is going to be portrayed in such a subversive manner. Guess we'll have to wait and see, though. I never cared to look into the CW microseries, but I will be giving this new deal a shot.

17. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    I don't follow the EU. I assumed that this is a few months before ROTS and that he was put on the Council around that same time.

18. GrandWarlord

GrandWarlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2003
    Anakin having an apprentice...period.......is wierd. In the clone wars he has this one, then later on as Vader he has the "secret apprentice". Which, I don't really see as necessary.

I'm surprised the council allows him to have an apprentice, honestly. But maybe we'll get to see how it all came about in the series.

19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    We're talking about Anakin, correct? He is only appointed a seat on the Council during ROTS after Palpatine's dealings ... right?

As that's what I was commenting on. :p

20. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Why do you think they wouldn't kill her off because it's a kid's show?

They SHOWED killing countless Jedi, Padme, the entire Separatist Council, and a bunch of younglings in ROTS and he still says the movies were "for kids" as well. Well OK, they didn't actually show the slaughtering of the younglings, but it was still featured in the movie.

I don't think they would hesitate to kill her off if it served the story. But yeah, I still can't get my head around the idea he's going to have a Padawan. Just doesn't fit but that's only my opinion *shrugs*

21. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Well, there's only a few things that can happen to her, most of them death-oriented...

1) She gets killed, contributing to Anakin's fall
    2) She gets reassigned, presumably to be killed offscreen in the purge (pretty weak dramatically)
    3) She turns out to be a closet Sith and has to be killed, maybe by Anakin, again contributing to his fall (never too early to start killing Younglings)
    4) She somehow survives to resurface in the LAS

I'd say (1) is most likely. Both (2) and (4) would be disappointing... what, she'd be all, "Gee, Master Skywaker, it's been neat being your Padawan and all, but hey, smell ya later"? And I really doubt it'd be (3) since Ahsoka is positioned as the character the kids can identify with-- the most Luke-like character since Luke, I'm thinking, which is why I'm predisposed to like her-- and we already have the cute kid who goes bad in the saga: Anakin himself. So I think it's (1), in a very dramatic fashion... killed by Ventress, Dooku, one of the big baddies, or maybe even Sidious if she gets too close to his secret.

Also, did anyone notice that somehow, despite Togrutas not having anything that looks like hair, Ahsoka has a Padawan braid made out of... something? Hee.

22. bunch

bunch Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2007
    made me lol

Ahsoka must be grateful, given a master just to help straighten out him, she must be thinking, gee thnks for that

23. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Nice avitar, Bunch. Go Habs Go! [As I still cry about the Sens HORRIBLE season]

I'm thinking she will be grateful. Sure, it sucks to be given a master to serve as a learning experience FOR the master, but it would be an honour to be Anakin Skywalkers apprentice. He has some great talents he could pass on to her.

24. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Would be nice to have her fling that right in his face sometime.[face_laugh]
    Maybe, he'll kill her himself then.:p

25. johnboy3441

johnboy3441 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2007
    I think Anakin, having been secluded on the Outer Rim for so long, will engage in a torrid love affair with Ahsoka, and when he realizes that he made a mistake that could cost him both his knighthood and Padmé, he'll leave Ahsoka in a situation where she will die and claim he couldn't save her later.

That's what I would do, anyway.