main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive The *Official* Art Challenge . . Has Been Reborn!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheBalinakaBaroness, May 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iyidin_Kyeimo

Iyidin_Kyeimo Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2000
    KongZilla: great work, fantastic idea. You can even enter it for this weeks contest as well :p

2. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Hi gang just wanted to tell u all about this new site that gets going tonight. Check it out if not already. I think the works going great keep it up everyone. Sorry I've been a bit busy as of late. I tune in each week though.

http://www.starwars-rpg.net/swagteaser/

It is one of forcenets headlines today so get on over and see you all have the talent.

bye for now D.

3. obihahn

obihahn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    KONGZILLA-
    Wowser. That's one hilarious cartoon there.
    Poor trooper. :)

And Bar, cool ad idea, I'd buy it in "Sith black". Hey, it's at a reasonable price as well!

Right now I have some very sick concepts and ideas in my head, regarding the SWITCHEROO topic...
    Damn, some of them really make my brain hurt.

*Ouch*

4. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Here's a couple of quick pics for this week's topic Switcheroo... don't get too excited because I think I've missed the point. :D I usually do! :p

Anyways, here they are...

http://www.geocities.com/youv_got_2be_jokin/emperorvader.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/youv_got_2be_jokin/vaderthehutt.jpg

This pic puts a new spin on "Luke, I am your father!"
    Hehehe...I love my sick little mind.

5. TheBalinakaBaroness

TheBalinakaBaroness Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Those are really fun Corellian_Rogue! I especially like Darth Jabba. Pretty funny!

~Bar

6. obihahn

Jul 10, 2002
    here's this week's contribution, two guys who seemed a natural first pick:
    [image=http://obihahn.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/switcheroo.txt]

cool ideas, CorellianRogue !

7. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Thanks Baroness and ObiHahn !I aim to please ...and disturb :D :p

Great pic Obi-Hahn ! Who would have thought ol' Chewie would look so good in Han's clothes! I especially love the smirk on his face...the smugness must come from the bloodstripes! :D

8. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    love your pic obihahn! funny stuff. you've definitely captured the smuggler swagger for Chewie. Pretty great.

~bar

9. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    So I was sitting here, thinking about Halloween. I love Halloween - and we are definitely having Halloween as one of the Challenges. Which led me to a brilliant idea. Well - maybe brilliant cause it's the middle of the night. Perhaps in the blinding light of day, I'll rethink this - but anyhooo....

Perhaps it is a handy helpful idea for me to post several topics in advance, that way you can know when one is coming up that you really want to do, and can make the time for it, or have more time to spend on it. If you start ahead of time, just don't post before the week it's supposed to be due. Maybe this is a horrible idea, but hey, let's try it!

So, you may have noticed, I've extended the Switcheroo topic another week. I really like the topic, and would like to see lots more entries. After that, here's what I had in mind:

Topics Coming Soon!

FanArt Request Surprise due Oct 4

Go into the Fan Art Request thread, and pick a request, and surprise that person by drawing a picture for them! Some may require you to PM them for more details, so up to you if you want it to be a *complete* surprise
    -thanks to Kongzilla for this one

Alternate Universe Image due Oct 11
    Create an alternate universe image--something in which the alteration of the image is enough to tell the story of what's been changed, or at least a good idea of it. (Eg--fourteen-year-old Luke and Leia sneaking around the empty Millennium Falcon with lightsabers, or Anakin carrying the child Leia into the family home.)
    -thanks to JediGaladriel for this idea

Three Things: Helmet, Water, Fur due Oct 18
    A variation of a classic Illustration class assignment. Your scene must include these three elements - a helmet of some kind, something furry, and water in some form.

Star Wars Halloween due Oct 31/Nov 1

Two weeks for this one! Halloween Funness! Hooray! Do whatever you want - just combine the fabulous Star Wars Galaxy with the fabulous holiday Halloween in any way you see fit.

~Baroness

10. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    FanArt Request Surprise due Oct 5
    Go into the Fan Art Request thread, and pick a request, and surprise that person by drawing a picture for them! Some may require you to PM them for more details, so up to you if you want it to be a *complete* surprise
    -thanks to Kongzilla for this one

When this one comes around can u TheBalinakaBaroness explain it a bit more, because it has confused me. I haven't participated in a while and would like to in this one.

11. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    The idea was to pick one of the fan art requests and work on it. The Fan Art Request thread is full of requests for art but us Artists never get around to doing them.

Hey, I'm just as guilty as anyone else here. They are just requests and I don't think we're being mean by not filling them, I just thought it'd be nice of us to do it as a surprise.

12. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Thanks for the clarification, Kong!

Here's my Switcheroo:
    droids

See, R2-D2 and C-3P0 have switched their memory chips. Isn't it obvious????
    Oh, I jest. Sorry. I haven't done one yet. Actually, I haven't even had any good ideas for it.... hmmm.
    ~Bar

13. obihahn

Jul 10, 2002
    err...nice, photorealistic work there, Bar...

and now DO THE REAL ONE!!!

sorry, didn't want to get loud...

14. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I still don't get it, so we just pick a challenge ? And then do it?

15. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    odj_310388 - that's right. Just browse through the FanArt Request Thread, and find a request that sounds interesting to you - draw it, and then surprise the person who requested it. (But post it in here as well!)

So next week, there isn't a consistent theme, like everyone's drawing Darth Vader. The only connection next week's entries will have is that the topics all came from the FanArt Request Thread.

I hope this makes it a little clearer!
    -Baroness

16. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Oh right, I thought you meant pick a challenge from this thread and do it. Anyway I was doing a digital sort of thing for one from this thread the theme [Jedi/Sith]. Well I might as well post it here.

[image=http://www.mikedingleyjones.btinternet.co.uk/Jedi.JPG] All of the lightsabers were mine in that picture.

[image=http://www.mikedingleyjones.btinternet.co.uk/Yoda.JPG] I also did this, well cheated a bit. I have a program which can change pictures into drawings or oil paintings. So I took a pic of yoda and changed it, the lightsaber is also mine. :D

Edit: TheBalinakaBaroness your icon has dissapeared on my comp, is it gone on yours?

17. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    Mine was gone too, but I just picked it again and now it's back.

Some alterations must be going down at TFN hq.

...and I'm gonna be a few days late with my challenge. Damn "real" work. :)

18. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    odj_310388 - sorry for any confusion. looks like you're having a good time makin' lightsabers though!

The icon was missing on my computer as well, i replaced it something else, and it just didn't feel right! So, went back to good ol' Ben. :)

Kongzilla - congrats on the "real" work - always a really good thing!

Well, I have *something* for the Switcheroo. It's not new, but it's the closest thing I had laying around. I've been a little consumed with another project this week - for halloween! hooray! Actually, these characters were drawn for halloween a couple years ago - it's the New Hope characters dressed up as other star wars characters. So, not a true Switcheroo, but kinda close.... at least it's better than that droid thing I posted above! :D

Switcheroo - kindof
    From left to right: C-3P0, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2-D2.

-Baroness

19. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    So, not a true Switcheroo, but kinda close.... at least it's better than that droid thing I posted above!

WoW thats amazing, I like the way they are dressed up as them. LoL Great Work!

20. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    What a week! We're on the second page already! AAAGGH!!

Well, it's been what? almost 3 weeks since I posted anything significant. Bad Kong! Bad Kong! ...and this is like 2 weeks late as it is.

My Switch-A-Roo

I hope everyone is well. BB that Halloween Star Wars looks like the Hallows Eve bash I go to. :) I think my entries might be skewed to everyone's favorite night of tricks, treats and candy in the next few weeks.

21. TheBalinakaBaroness

Feb 14, 2002
    Very Funny Kong! Your pictures always give me a good laugh. Can't wait to see some fun halloween stuff from ya.

So here's the new topic (I'm choosing to ignore the FanArt Request Topic since there were no entries this week!):

Alternate Universe Image due Oct 11
    Create an alternate universe image--something in which the alteration of the image is enough to tell the story of what's been changed, or at least a good idea of it. (Eg--fourteen-year-old Luke and Leia sneaking around the empty Millennium Falcon with lightsabers, or Anakin carrying the child Leia into the family home.)
    -thanks to JediGaladriel for this idea

And for a little bad news, or maybe not bad news, just news.... so life has been getting a little busier, and I think it's the same for all of you (please note the absolutely dead status of this board lately), so I'd thought I propose a sort of Hiatus for the Art Challenge. I'll keep it going through Halloween, and then take a break. If someone else wants to keep it going, that's fantastic. Otherwise, let's give it a break for a little while, and then I can always start it up sometime when it seems there's some interest again. Anyway, good - bad? Don't care? Share your thoughts.

Toodles!
    Baroness

22. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Anyway, good - bad? Don't care? Share your thoughts.

I like the fanart challenge, but as you said people do seem to be getting more busy, and I think it would be a good idea to let it go for a while.

23. R23-B2

R23-B2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    I have an alternate universe image. What if Qui-Gon didn't get killed by Darth Maul and what if Obi-Wan didn't Darth Maul? The image is a parody poster of Star Trek Nemesis.

[image=http://www.boomspeed.com/rograph/starwarsnem.jpg]

24. Iyidin_Kyeimo

Iyidin_Kyeimo Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2000
    I'll try to join in, but I've just started uni and everything is a bit hectic. No internet access in my room so it's unlikely you'll see me around much (I've only just arrived aswell... :_|)

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to participate until the beginning of November. I need to complete my graduation project...plus band takes up a lot of my time. Both will be wrapped up by November 2nd. So...I'll see everyone in this thread in November!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.