main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The *Official* Cad Bane in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] And thanks, now I have an image of Bane wearing a leotard and fruit hat...it's going to give me nightmares for weeks!:p

2. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    So the green lightsaber will probably be from Quinlan Vos.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmm... that's a good theory. Might very well be true.

If this at all means Quinlan looses it in a fight somehow, I'm going to start building my fall-out shelter now for the inevitable uprising...[face_worried]

4. legosithmaster525

legosithmaster525 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    I think it's from Bolla Ropal, or some other Jedi, because if Bane badly injures Obi-Wan, someone will need to save him. So Vos might save the day yet. Then again maybe the trailer fooled us like it fooled us the Mandalore episodes might be decent, and Obi-Wan does win. If Obi-Wan does kick the crap out of Bane, where is Vos? Maybe fighting Todo to teh death :p

5. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Bumping up this thread. :p

By the way out of all the episodes that Bane has appeared in how would you guys rank them from favorite to least favorite? In my opinion my favorite to least favorite episodes that feature Bane in some way would be:
    1. Cargo of Doom
    2. Hostage Crisis
    3. Hunt for Ziro
    4. Children of the Force
    5. Holocron Heist
    6. Evil Plans.

Frankly I've enjoyed pretty much every episode that has featured Bane in some way...with the exception of Evil Plans. It wasn't the worst episode of Season 3, and the scenes where Bane is in Jabba's palace were good, but all in all compared to Cargo of Doom and Hostage Crisis the episode Evil Plans just fell flat.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    i would say
    1. Cargo of Doom
    2. Hostage Crisis
    3. Hunt for Ziro
    4. Holocron Heist
    5. Children of the Force
    6. Evil Plans.

Simply because Children was too fastpaced and plotholed

that was awfully close when todo attacked with lightsaber:p

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    1. Cargo of Doom
    2. Holocron Heist
    3. Hostage Crisis
    4. Hunt for Ziro
    5. Children of the Force
    6. Evil Plans

Cargo of Doom is first without a doubt. Bane is simply awesome in it. Not sure whether Holocron or Hostage come second. Hostage was a great introduction to the character, but he doesn't really do all that much in the episode, rather relying on his thugs, and the episode sort of fizzes out at the end. Holocron has some great heist shenannigans and a cool sacruificing of a servant (too bad that didn't seem to stick). He's cool in Hunt for Ziro, though the final great fight seems a bit tacked on. As said before, Children is just too rushed to work properly, and Evil Plans just sucks from one end to the other.

8. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    I sooo hope he comes back this season!

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    looks like he won't.... he should die soon- he is getting too grievouslike coward if he escapes all the time....

10. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    looks like he won't.... he should die soon- he is getting too grievouslike coward if he escapes all the time....

Forgive me if this sounds like a "Captain Obvious" statement but villains usually are cowards, at least in the world of entertainment. ;)

I mean take Scar from The Lion King for example, he was all arrogant and all taunting Simba near the end of TLK until he told Simba that he killed Mufasa. Then we had a very angry Simba cornering Scar who was all begging for mercy as well as blaming the hyenas for all the bad stuff that was happening on Pride Rock and whatnot. Sure they act all brave and high and mighty, but once a baddie is trapped and-or cornered then they start acting cowardly, except in situations where they hold the upper hand, like when Bane threatened to kill Ahsoka unless Anakin unlocked the holocron for him in Cargo of Doom. The fact that Bane, Ventress, and Grievous are always escaping doesn't surprise me one bit. The fact that all three of them are cowards doesn't surprise me either, since that is a standard villain trope. Of course Grievous has an excuse because he doesn't die until Episode III. And Bane was captured at least once, even if he did get away in the end. I know that it can be annoying for a villain to escape all the time, and should Bane have been captured at the end of Hunt for Ziro? Perhaps. However I'm glad he didn't die in that episode.

I mean don't get me wrong I don't mind if Bane dies in this show, I'm just afraid that he'll wind up getting a punk'd death like Boba Fett and Darth Maul ended up getting. If anything if he does die in this show it should A) Occur somewhere in the final season and B) Anakin should kill him. For example Bane does something bad to Ahsoka (And before any Ahsoka fans get the wrong idea I'm not saying that Bane has to kill her, just does something bad to her.) which leads Anakin becoming angry, channeling into the Dark Side, engaging into an epic action fight with Bane, and then finally ends up killing Bane.

Of course I seriously doubt he's going to appear in any more episodes this season. Maybe one more episode, but in the end I doubt it. Of course if he does appear again, then I don't think he should face off against any Jedi for a while.

Now granted there are villains out there who never act cowardly, but in general there are always villains out there who are always escaping or acting all cowardly when they are trapped and-or cornered.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    "Cowards are those who follow the dark side" Yes Bane is coward no problem with that- but Grievous has to be alive in Rots so they cannot kill him... and making some random bounty hunter to be able to face the jedi in duels many times over and escape all the time makes him disgustingly Gary stuish[face_frustrated]

12. sithlordrichard

sithlordrichard Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2010
    I couldn't agree more.

Using the same character over and over again to battle the jedi is just plain ridiculous. Jango didn't last very long in AOTC. Yes he did take on Obi-Wan and then capture Anakin and Padme, but when it really got down to it, he had his head taken off!!

I am sure that Jango would not have lasted nearly as long if he were up against two jedi's, so I don't see why Bane would last as long. The whole notion of living to fight another day for too long makes the Jedi look weak. I do understand that it is for dramatic license to keep Bane around, but how much longer can he keep escaping from the Jedi.

So far, Aurra Singh has been captured, and she is force-sensitive!! Although, I think we cannot say as much because she is being ignored in TCW as having a back story that involves her Jedi training. Why, I have no idea.

Even Grievous is now annoyingly weak. I am sure he is supposed to be a bad ass General that takes out Jedi. How many has he actually killed over the last 3 seasons? One. There may be more but I can't remember. I can only remember Nadhar Vebb. I am willing to admit I may be wrong here. Bane has killed a Jedi, also. I am not buying it.

13. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    I know that General Grievous has to stay alive until ROTS. I mean I did write this in my previous post:
    Of course Grievous has an excuse because he doesn't die until Episode III.

Which is why I mentioned that he shouldn't face off against any Jedi if he happens to appear in at least one more episode this season. And as for him escaping all the time, well he does have those rocket boots, which obviously allows him to fly away from situations and stuff. They obviously gave him the advantage in both Cargo of Doom and Hunt for Ziro. Of course there was an exception to that, like when Anakin jumped from the roof and grabbed his feet in Children of the Force. And yes I do believe Bane should be captured and thrown in jail. And as I said before I don't mind Bane getting killed in the TCW, just not until later in the series. And as for the Gary Stu part, well he is overpowered in some respects (Seriously how many weapons does Bane even have?! I mean yeah flamethrowers and projectile launchers are awesome and everything but still!) but I have a little theory that the Star Wars/TCW crew made Bane that way in order to make up for the fact that A) Boba Fett received a punk'd death in ROTJ and B) The fact that Jango Fett was defeated so easily in AOTC. ...Poor Fetts. :(

And also TVtropes pointed out that whenever the Jedi face off against Bane they get a serious case of the Idiot Ball:
    [image=http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/IdiotBall.jpg]

Not trying to start any arguments or anything, but I just wanted to clear up any misunderstandings. Yes I know Grievous appears in ROTS, yes Bane is a bit overpowered, and finally yes Bane either needs to be captured and-or killed...but not until later.

14. CadB

CadB Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2010
    1. Holocron Heist
    2. Hostage Crisis
    3. Cargo of Doom
    4. Hunt for Ziro
    5. Children of the Force
    6. Evil Plans.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well Jango was actually killed because of reek destroying his jetpack- he readied to take a flight firing at Mace all the time- he was unable to fly becuase jetpack had malfunction due to attack of reek- but he wouldn't have been killed that easily- actually if jetpack would've worked Mace could have been killed as well- we can never now- Windu is very skilled but there was droids all over and Jango is good marksman... he has experience of jedi- and he killed Komari Vosa as test for Dooku.... i don't have a problem with someone like Jango being able to defeat the jedi- after all he IS mandalorian- and those guys have long experience of killing the jedi- but Bane is just badass bountyhunter- he can match for some jedi but he already get away twice from Obi-Wan, many times from Anakin and even Quinlan and Mace....

I didn't say you wouldn't have said it[face_whistling]

anyway both fetts were killed by their very own jetpack (ok boba survived) Jango was about to take a flight to avoid mace's strike but jetpack was destroyed in his encounter with a reek.... so do rocket boots kill Bane?:p

16. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    Whoops! Sorry for misunderstanding what you wrote previously.

Ah yes Boba Fett survives in the EU. Of course I'm only counting the films, because lets face it the general public who saw ROTJ and do not involve themselves in the EU in anyway, shape, or form would probably think "Oh Fett fell into the Sarlaac so I guess he's dead now."

[face_thinking] Mmmm...
    Bane is fighting a Jedi near a random pit. Tired of the fight Bane ignites his rocket boots for the 1,000,000,000,000,000 time that day.

Bane: So long Jedi!

He tries to fly away, yet all of a sudden his rocket boots run out of fuel right over the random pit.

Bane:(looks down.) Ahhh, it just sucks to be me right now.

He falls into the random pit. Meanwhile a random EU writer is watching this.

Random EU Writer: Holy Force Cow! Bane just fell into a pit just like Maul, Boba, and Palpatine! We must bring him back to star in his own adventure series and we must cloooooooooooooooonnneeeeeeeeeeeeeee him!

The random EU Writer turns his attention to other random EU writers.

Random EU Writer: Now go! Make another "Maul-Boba Fett-Emperor Palpatine comes back to life type adventures series but this time make sure it stars Cad Bane and make sure that you clone him too!

Other Random EU Writers(in unison): Yes, my Lord

17. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004

1. Holocron Heist
    2. Cargo of Doom
    3. Hunt for Ziro
    4. Children of the Force
    5. Hostage Crisis
    6. Evil Plans

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010

Bane-clone army is creepy idea but not as funny as ahsoka-clone army....still worst of those all must be army of Jar Jar clones- they would defeat any enemy by stumbling and accidentally blowing something up[face_laugh]

and if Bane does die like that he will definitely be back- so i want to see him to be sliced in half or decapitated (well even that may not stop everyone :p )

19. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    [face_laugh] Don't worry I don't want to see Bane get cloned at all. The thought of the EU cloning him makes me want to :oops: and [face_sick] at the same time. It was bad enough that they decided to make clones of Palpatine with the Dark Empire Series, but cloning Bane *and* Ahsoka (That is if she ends up getting killed too.) would just be too much. And if you look at my signature and post history you would know that I am a huge fan of Palpatine, but I didn't like the fact that he was cloned at all. Now if Bane dies in the show then he should stay dead. Sure prequel like material in the Expanded Universe, such as Bane's earlier and younger days as a Bounty Hunter would be fine, but bringing him back to life and-or cloning him? No thanks. [face_talk_hand]

Actually I believe that Bane's ultimate fate should play out like this:
    Anakin fights and kills Bane in the final season of the show, hopefully somewhere in the middle of the season. Personally I think Anakin should chop off Bane's hands with his lightsaber. After all his hands play a huge role in his fighting skills. Without his hands Bane wouldn't be able to fire his blaster pistols, activate his projectile launchers, his flamethrowers, his rocket boots, or anything else on his comlink. After that Anakin should slash or stab him or something like that.

Of course we obviously don't know what Bane or Ahsoka's ultimate fate is going to end up being. After all their fates rest in the hands of George Lucas, Dave Filoni, and the rest of the TCW crew. :p

By the way I've been wondering: How old do you all think Bane is? Personally I think he's in his forties, particularly 45 or 46. Then again he is a Duros and not a human, and I don't know if the Duros species age the same way as humans or faster or slower then humans. Still though how old do you all think he is?

20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    1. Hostage Crisis
    2. Holocron Heist
    3. Hunt for Ziro
    4. Cargo of Doom
    5. Children of the Force
    6. Evil Plans

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    actually idea of Palpy cloning himself is very good- guy with that sort of ego would definitely pursuit immortality:p - but he shouldn't be able to transfer his spirit to them- and still the biggest problem remains that return of sidious is against whole idea of movies- of course chosen one prophecy was not added until TPM but still return of the Palpy is too big for EU to handle- now most important happening of the continuity is not in movies themselves:oops: well eu made sith to return even after that i usually edit my continuity to end after thrawn trilogy so i don't have to think that subject at all:p Palpy died when Vader killed him and Sith never returned:p if someone says "Emperor's clone" or "Darth Krayt" I'm not hearing you[face_whistling]

Bane shouldn't be cloned- he can be replaced by new badass bountyhunter anytime- and ahsoka should live to the dark times so she wouldn't be cloned either....

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I was just checking through some of the virtual playing-cards they've got on the OS, and noticed TODO's homeworld is listed as "Vertseth."

That name is suspect.[face_thinking]:p

23. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    How cute. Vert (green) Seth.... What with Obi-Wan's homeworld now being officially Stewjon, I weep for Star Wars' inability to take itself a little more seriously...

24. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Setting aside the meanings derived from the words, Vertseth sounds like a perfectly credible name for a planet. At least I think so anyway. [face_whistling]

25. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jul 24, 2005
    Stewjon?! What?! That's the official name of the Obi-Wan's home planet?! :eek: No! Why?! Why?! Why does my favorite character's home planet have such a terrible uninspired name?! :_|

Yeah, I'm not liking the name of Obi-Wan's home planet at all. [face_plain]

*calms down*

And now to get the rest of my post to be on topic. Speaking of the OS for those who don't know, they are streaming the episodes R2 Come Home, Lethal Trackdown, Assassin, Evil Plans, and Hunt for Ziro together for a limited time. Now that's all fine and dandy but there's just one thing that irks me: Hostage Crisis isn't on there! [face_frustrated] I mean seriously shouldn't it be featured on there since it takes place between Evil Plans and Hunt for Ziro?

Oh and there is also a game starring Cad Bane on the official site. It is called Cad Bane: Jedi Hunter. I have played it. It was...okay. But the title of the game is deceptive because for the most part you are just shooting Clone Troopers and Senate Guards instead of Jedi.