main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Clean Joke Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] Okay, let the Jokes begin!!! [face_laugh]

2. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Y2K
    **Important Notice to All Employees**
    Corporate has determined that there is no longer any need for network
    or software applications support. (See below)

The goal is to remove all computers from the desktop by Jan, 1999.
    Instead, everyone will be provided with an Etch-A-Sketch. Here are
    the main advantages:

1. No Y2K problems

2. No technical glitches keeping work from being done.

3. No more wasted time reading and writing emails.

Thank you.

Frequently Asked Questions for Etch-A-Sketch Technical Support:

Q: My Etch-A-Sketch has all of these funny little lines all over the
    screen.
    A: Pick it up and shake it.

Q: How do I turn my Etch-A-Sketch off?

Q: What's the shortcut for Undo?

Q: How do I create a New Document window?

Q: How do I set the background and foreground to the same color?

Q: What is the proper procedure for re-booting my Etch-A-Sketch?

Q: How do I delete a document on my Etch-A-Sketch?

Q: How do I save my Etch-A-Sketch document?
    A: Don't shake it.

Contributed by: Ann

3. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Lol. That was cute that joke. lol Well I have one. It's a really funny blond joke.....

Okay there's this blond in a supermarket. After buying something you get a ticket which you can win the most up to $10.

The blond gets a ticket and looks at it. She
    looks at it and she says "I just wonabego," and she goes to the cashier and says "I wonabego."

The cashier looks at it and is like "You can only win $10 the most," and she says "No, I just wonabego."

The argument goes on and the manager comes.
    The blond tells him all this and he looks at the ticket.

"It says winabagel."

4. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] That was good Mertroid [face_laugh] I love bonde jokes, such as thoses lol. Although I feel bad for blondes. Here is another joke I found.

Proprietary Dilemma:

After putting her children to bed, a mother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. At last she threw a towel around her head & stormed into their room, putting
    them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard her three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was that?"

5. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Yeah why do jokes have to be based on blondes a lot? Oh well. They're funny still.
    Oh that was funny now Alex. lol [face_laugh]

6. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    This is another Blond joke, short and funny though.

How do you get a Blond out of a tree?

You wave to her.

lol [face_laugh]

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    lol, [face_laugh] that was a good one Mertroid, I have heard that one before...lol

Workers Comp:

Here's an accident report from the Workers' Compensation Board.

Dear Sir:

I am writing in response to your request for additional information in Block #3 of the accident reporting form. I put "Poor Planning" as the cause of my accident. You asked for a fuller explanation and I trust the following details will be sufficient.

I am a bricklayer by trade. On the day of the accident, I was working alone on the roof of a new six-story building. When I completed my work, I found I had some bricks left over which when weighed later were found to weigh 240 lbs.. Rather than carry the bricks down by hand, I decided to lower them in a barrel by using a pulley which was attached to the side of the building at the sixth floor.

Securing the rope at ground level, I went up to the roof,swung the barrel out and loaded the bricks into it. Then I went down and untied the rope, holding it tightly to insure a slow descent of the 240 lbs. of bricks. You will note on the accident reporting form that my weight is 135 lbs..

Due to my surprise at being jerked off the ground so suddenly,I lost my presence of mind and forgot to let go of the rope. Needless to say, I proceeded at a rapid rate up the side of the building.

In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel which was now proceeding downward at an equally impressive speed. This explains the fractured skull, minor abrasions and the broken collarbone, as listed in Section 3 of the accident reporting form.

Slowed only slightly, I continued my rapid ascent, not stopping until the fingers of my right hand were two knuckles deep into the pulley which I mentioned in Paragraph 2 of this correspondence. Fortunately by this time I had regained my presence of mind and was able to hold tightly to the rope, in spite of the excruciating pain I was now beginning to experience. At approximately the same time, however, the barrel of bricks hit the ground, and the bottom fell out of the barrel. Now devoid of the weight of the bricks, the barrel weighed approximately 50 lbs.. I refer you again to my weight.

As you might imagine, I began a rapid descent down the side of the building. In the vicinity of the third floor, I met the barrel coming up. This accounts for the two fractured ankles, broken tooth and severe lacerations of my legs and lower body.

Here my luck began to change slightly. The encounter with the barrel seemed to slow me enough to lessen my injuries when I fell into the pile of bricks and fortunately only three vertebrae were cracked.

I am sorry to report, however, as I lay there on the pile of bricks, in pain, unable to move and watching the empty barrel six stories above me, I again lost my composure and presence of mind and let go of the rope.

8. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Lol. That's funny.[face_laugh]

I have one. lol

There's three ducks and they go to court. The judge has one come up one at a time.

"My name is bob and I blew bubbles," the first duck said.

The second duck came up.

"My name is bob and I blew bubbles," he said.

The third duck came up and the judge said
    "Let me guess your name is Bob and you blew bubbles."

"No, I am bubbles," the third duck said.

lol [face_laugh]

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    LOL!!! [face_laugh] That was cute. lol

The Winner:

I was watching some little kids play soccer. These kids were only five or six years old, but they were playing a real game - - a serious game _ two teams, complete with coaches, uniforms, and parents. I didn't know any of them, so I was able to enjoy the game without the distraction of being anxious about winning or losing - I wished the parents and coaches could have done the same.

The teams were pretty evenly matched. I will just call them Team One and Team Two. Nobody scored in the first period. The kids were hilarious. They were clumsy and terribly inefficient. They fell over their own feet, they stumbled over the ball, they kicked at
    the ball and missed it but they didn't seem to care. They were having fun.

In the second quarter, the Team One coach pulled out what must have been his first team and put in the scrubs, except for his best player who now guarded the goal.

The game took a dramatic turn. I guess winning is important even when you're five years old -- because the Team Two coach left his best players in, and the Team One scrubs were no match for them. Team Two swarmed around the little guy who was now the Team One
    goalie. He was an outstanding athlete, but he was no match for three or four who were also very good. Team Two began to score. The lone goalie gave it everything he had, recklessly throwing his body in front of incoming balls, trying valiantly to stop them.

Team Two scored two goals in quick succession. It infuriated the young boy. He became a raging maniac -- shouting, running, diving. With all the stamina he could muster, he covered the boy who now had the ball, but that boy kicked it to another boy twenty feet
    away, and by the time he repositioned himself, it was too late -- they scored a third goal.

I soon learned who the goalie's parents were. They were nice, decent-looking people. I could tell that his dad had just come from the office -- he still had his suit and tie on. They yelled encouragement to their son.
    I became totally absorbed, watching the boy on the field and his parents on the sidelines. After the third goal, the little kid changed. He could see it was no use; he couldn't stop them.

He didn't quit, but he became quietly desperate futility was written all over him. His father changed too. He had been urging his son to try harder - yelling advice and encouragement. But then he changed. He became anxious. He tried to say that it was okay - to hang in there. He grieved for the pain his son was feeling.

After the fourth goal, I knew what was going to happen. I've seen it before. The little boy needed help so badly, and there was no help to be had. He retrieved the ball from the net and handed to the referee - and then he cried. He just stood there while huge tears rolled down both cheeks. He went to his knees and put his fists to his eyes - and he cried the tears of the helpless and brokenhearted.

When the boy went to his knees, I saw the father start onto the field. His wife clutched his arm and said, "Jim, don't. You'll embarrass him." But he tore loose from her and ran onto the field. He wasn't supposed to - the game was still in progress. Suit, tie, dress shoes, and all - he charged onto the field, and he picked up his son so everybody would know that this was his boy, and he hugged him and held him and cried with him. I've never been so
    proud of a man in my life.

He carried him off the field, and when he got close to the sidelines I heard him say, "Scotty, I'm so proud of you. You were great out there. I want everybody to know that you are my son." "Daddy," the boy sobbed, "I couldn't stop them. I tried, Daddy, I tried and tried, and they scored on me." "Scotty, it doesn't matter how many times they scored on you. You're my son, and I'm proud of you. I want you to go back out there and finish the game. I know you want to quit, but you can't. And, son, you're going to get scored on again, but it doesn't matter. Go on, now." It made a difference - I could tell it did.

When yo

10. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    That was supposed to be a joke? It was more touching and loving and all. I loved it still.

Here's another short and cute joke.

Why did the flies go to Paris?

To become French flies. lol

It's a little dumb but cute. lol [face_laugh]

I love that duck joke too. lol [face_laugh]

11. Nala_Alturi

Nala_Alturi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    Two Blonds go to the mall in a brand new car.
    When they get to the mall they find a parking space right in the first row.So they park and go in mall and do a little shopping. After about 1 hour they return to the car and find out the keys are locked in it.One of the blonds gets the idea to use a coat hanger to try to open the door.So she puts down her bag gets a hanger and starts working on the lock.After about 5 minuets the other blound looks up kind of worried and says can you hurry it up it looks like it`s about to rain and we left the top down.

12. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    A college student was in a philosophy class which had a discussion
    about God's existence. The professor presented the following logic:

"Has anyone in this class heard God?" Nobody spoke.
    "Has anyone in this class touched God?" Again, nobody spoke.
    "Has anyone in this class seen God?" When nobody spoke for the third time, he simply stated, "Then there is no God."

One student thought for a second, and then asked for permission to
    reply. Curious to hear this bold student's response, the professor
    granted it, and the student stood up and asked the following questions of his classmates:

"Has anyone in this class heard our professor's brain?" Silence.
    "Has anyone in this class touched our professor's brain?"
    Absolute silence.
    "Has anyone in this class seen our professor's brain?" When nobody in the class dared to speak, the student concluded, "Then, according to our professor's logic, it must be true that our professor has no brain!"

(...The student received an "A" in the class.)

Contributed by Tracey

13. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Um...is there anyone else willing to share a joke? [face_laugh]

14. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Those two jokes were very interesting. :D

15. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes indeed the were...lol [face_laugh]

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Super Bowl:

A guy named Bob receives a free ticket to the Super Bowl from his company. Unfortunately, when Bob arrives at the stadium he realizes the seat is in the last row in the corner of the stadium - he's closer to the Goodyear blimp than the field.

About halfway through the first quarter, Bob notices an empty seat 10 rows off the field, right on the 50 yard line. He decides to take a chance and makes his way through the stadium and around the security guards to the empty seat.

As he sits down, he asks the gentleman sitting next to him, "Excuse me, is anyone sitting here?" The man says no.

Now, very excited to be in such a great seat for the game, Bob again inquires of the man next to him, "This is incredible! Who in their right mind would have a seat like this at the Super Bowl and not use it?"

The man replies, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me, I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we haven't been at together since we got married in 1967."

"Well, that's really sad," says Bob, "but still, couldn't you find someone to take the seat? A relative or close friend?"

"No," the man replies, "they're all at the funeral.

Contributed by Kristi Saunders

17. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Anybody else have any jokes to share? :confused:

18. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    What do you call a Cow with three legs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.