main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The *Official* Duchess Satine Kryze in The Clone Wars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ZEM, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Spitter01

Sith-Spitter01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2010
    They could probably mention it loosely without any serious detail so those who know what they are talking about can be like "oh they must be talking about Revan," and those who don't know will be inspired to look up the information or play KOTOR themselves.

Example: " Long ago the Jedi leader of our Republic foes stripped us of our pride by stealing the mask of Mandalore after defeating him in battle..."

they don't have to use a lot of detail that would overwhelm the viewer, just enough to give the basic idea as to why this character is doing a certain action and make reference to an EU source.

2. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I would greatly change my attitude towards this show if Satine were working with Death Watch...regardless of the goony Mandalorians in that episode. I like a good deception.
    30 minutes just isn't enough time to really go into depth with intrigue plotlines.

Are the Moulin Rouge jokes done with yet? Killing off Satine would ring true to the ending of that movie, but Obi-wan already has enough lost loves (alive or not).

3. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    You know, that wouldn't exactly surprise me. I'm not sure if I trust Satine yet anyway. We'll see what happens this Friday.

4. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    That would be an awesome revelation/betrayal. Even if it doesn't end up happening with Satine, it would be awesome if it did with some kind of other character down the line.

5. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Don't want Satine to be a traitor, she's already being suspected of aiding the Seperatists. Maybe just have her remain neutral.

Still waiting for a Satine icon.. I wonder when we'll see some for the newer characters (Mandalorians, Vizsla, Sinube, Cassie, Ione).

6. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    Agreed- want to see those icons.

7. ZEM

ZEM Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 3, 2009
    I just caught "The Mandalore Plot" on the official site for the first time. I think Satine is an awesome character, she is definitely one of the best TCW characters. I wouldn't want her to be a traitor, but it might be good for Obi-Wan's character if she died at some point down the road...

8. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    *Dumb question alert*

How long is Satine's hair? It's been bugging me that I can't figure it out. It looks short in the second half of The Mandalore Plot and when she is in the robe in Duchess of mandalore, but I can't tell if she just has it in a bun or something.

9. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I call just above shoulder length (back view in the 1st episode as she's talking to Pre Viszla).

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Does anyone else think that Satine is somewhat of a hypocrite?

She is adamant that the Republic should not interfere with her affairs, since she feels that external forces acting on her government will only cause trouble.

Yet, she controls Mandalore from Kalevala. So the Republic isn't allowed to impose rule on her regime, but she has every right to act as an external government for Mandalore?

11. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Does she? The planet she's on is identified as Mandalore. Fan suppositions that it's really Kalevala seem pretty well dead since Kalevala is identifed by name in the most recent episode. I guess there's some ambiguity on this, but it seem pretty clear that her government is not viewed as an occupying force by most of the Mandalorians... even the Death Watch seems opposed to her policies, not the legitimacy of her claim to power.

12. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Its still up in the air as to whether Mandalore is Kalevala.

Deputy Minister Jerec was said to have been killed by Death Watch bombers on Kalevala. But the Death Watch wants to take Mandalore.
    Now, why would Jerec be giving a speech to the Kalevalans about Mandalore? Wouldn't it be better for him to actually speak to the Mandalorians themselves, rather than their representatives?

13. JediBendu

JediBendu Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 1999
    Mandalore seems to be more like a group and mandalorians are the people of that group. Kalevala seems to be the homeworld. In the same was that we are humans, but our representative in the Senate would be Duke George Lucas of Earth.

14. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [face_laugh]

Grand Duke Sir George Marcus Licinius Lucas I, Senator from Earth for Life (and maybe longer).

15. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    So was anyone else surprised that Satine's last name is pronounced "Kreez?"

16. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    As in rhyming with 'cheese' instead of 'tries'.. Hmmm.[face_plain]

Yeah, I don't like her last name either way.

17. Scolai

Scolai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2009
    Leia:
    Ley-uh
    Lee-ah
    Lee-uh

Palpatine:
    Palp-uh-tine
    Palp-uh-teen

Happens all the time.

18. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    Don't forget Twy-lek and Twee-lek.

19. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Fahl-con and Ful-can and Ful-cun too.

And Obi-Wan being pronounced "Ben". :p

20. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    I would say that, like Padme, she's an intergalactic diva. And everyone knows that an intergalactic diva's hair is as long as she wants it to be! :)

21. Scolai

Dec 31, 2009
    Considering we, a technologically backward race compared to even the Gungans, have developed hair extensions, I'd say that yep, it's as long as she wants it to be.

Those bone/orchid ornaments bug me though. Just don't like them.

22. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    It's definitely not flattering to her features.

23. XCell

Apr 7, 2004
    I don't much like her queen look either, it's too Amidala-ish. Well, she was made from an Amidala sketch..

24. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I really like the way they designed her, but her royal (duchal?) outfit... yeah, could be better.

25. AhsokaMiro

Apr 21, 2008
    Or she could change it more often... it gets old.

Then again, maybe that's on purpose-- she's meant to be relatively practical as regents go.

Bone/orchid-- that nails it. What are those... things supposed to be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.