main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official FF Celebration 2 / Indianapolis Info Thread and FAQ

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Feb 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Tornadoes???? <gulp>

And perhaps when it gets a little closer, there'll be a better sense of the weather. I'm just trying to decide how warm to make the rest of my costumes!

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    As a generalization, May in Central Indiana is in the 70's to 80's. As far as anything else goes, it's up in the air.

3. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    "Up in the air", Shara? Nice choice of words when talking about the potential of tornados...

;)

4. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    So very true Moff. Actually I grew up in southwestern Indiana and they were much more common down there than up here. We actually had a tornado emergency on the same day, two years in a row. Heck, I watch one touch down a couple of miles from my house from my back porch. But I'm strange like that....

Anyways, the C2 FAQ has been htmlized. I have to put the thumbnails in, and then it's done and it will go live sometime today. I just wanted to point out, because I had to wade through the forum code to switch it over to html, that some of the Indy Knights links are wrong. If you click on it and you get either a really crappy looking page or an error, it's because you're accessing the old html file and all the important pages are in .shtml. So in the event of accessing these pages, an an s to the extension, so it reads ".shtml" until I can get someone to change it in here.

Thanks!

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Thanks to Hamma, this forum has unlimited editing time to allow me to update this...I'll go ahead and convert all IK links to shtml.

Oh, you might want to kick back with a Colt 45. Just wish I would have gotten it up before the guest list update story was posted...oh well. :D ;) There's still more to come.

6. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Speaking of tornados, it was two days after the Denver Celebration that they had the horrible outbreak of tornados - including the monster F5 - that caused so much damage in and around Oklahoma City. Some of our friends who were driving back to Texas from Denver had to go through there only hours after the tornados had gone through. At that point, they said there was debris everywhere on and around the interstate, there were cars strewn everywhere, and that the entire area was in complete chaos.

And while we're on the subject of Celebration weather, I'll point this out (wow, I'm such a treasure trove of useless information that nobody cares about - LOL!). It didn't just rain all that weekend in Denver. It didn't just rain hard all that weekend in Denver. I remember watching the local news/weather from our hotel room that Sunday night, and they mentioned that those days broke rainfall & flooding records for the area that had been in place for over 50 years! And it just happened to be the same few days we were all in town for the Celebration. What luck.

"Slimy? Mudhole? Our Celebration, it was!"

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Speaking from experience, Denver in May is not the place to any kind of outdoor event. When I moved here in 1982, it snowed the first week in May enough to close school for the day (& the almost never close school in Colorado for snow - but the plows were out of service). Of course I can also remember the year the snow cancelled the fireworks in all along the foothills for the 4th of July.

I, for one, am very excited about an indoor event.

-Jennifer

8. Princess-Leah

Princess-Leah Sketch Card Artist star 5 VIP

Jun 12, 2001
    Excellent, Excellent work Sebulba-X!!!

9. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Just to let everyone know that I have now htmlized the C2 FAQ. It can be found at :www.indyknights.com/c2faq.shtml

I'll try my hardest to keep up with Seb's updates. :)

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Nice work Shara...bummer it's not easier to transfer Snowboard code to HTML, and vice versa. What a nightmare that must of been.

11. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    It was...but ya know if I didn't do stuff like that, I wouldn't have a job in the IK, now would I? Anyways, I'm sure it was much more of a pain for you ;)

12. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Colorado is such a multi weather state. Shoot, just the other day we had 70 degree weather and 30 hours later it was -11.

13. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Weather!.. someone talking about weather?..

:D

Let me do some digging. I will see if I can find some hard facts about Indy weather in May. :)

14. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Here is the Climate data for Indy

May 2nd. Avg high: 69, Avg low: 48, precip: .13, snow: 0.0, record high: 87 (1959) record low: 31 (1961)

May 3rd Avg high 69, Avg low: 48, Precip: .14, snow: 0.0, record high: 86 (1959), record low: 31 (1971)

May 4th Avg High: 69, Avg low: 48, Precip: .14, Snow: 0, record high: 88 (1949), record low: 30 (1976)

May 5th. Avg High: 70, Avg low: 48, Precip: .14, Snow: 0, record high: 92 (1952,) record low: 30 (1976)

Sounds pretty nice but averages have a way of never happening. [face_shocked]

Information on Tornados can be found at the following site.

Central Indiana Tornado Statistics

What County is Indy in?

15. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    We're Marion County. We really are the whole county. Indy was one of the first cities...actually *the* first to incorporate city and county into one body. well sort of.

And ya know Doright, those temps do sound about right, although they don't seem to say anything about precipitation. But precipitation is really really random around here.

16. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    This is what I call info.

17. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Lando is confirmed!!!

Check it out here!!!

Also, did you know that Indianapolis is the largest U.S. capital city?

But anyway...

18. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    precipitation is really really random around here

:D It's that way everywhere. I deal with that every night. Welcome to my world. :D

19. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    :eek: *still in shock* :eek:

Thank you, oh thank you, Doright for letting me know about this. *hug* :D :D :D

I know Harrison [face_love] will never be there, but at least I can see BDW. [face_love]

LANDO!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

~*~Bria

20. Theman357

Theman357 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    Does anyone know what authors are going to be at Celebration II? I've seen a list of actors but nothing listing the names of the authors, though there are going to be forums with Star Wars authors. Can anyone help me out with this? Talking to the various Star Wars authors is one of the things I'm looking forward to at Celebration.

Oh, and by the way, not everyone in Kentucky hates Star Wars. I love it and my two buddies are going with me to Celebration so that's at least three more people in the Commonwealth who like Star Wars, just to set the record straight.

21. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Hadn't heard anything about authors, but when I do they will be added as well.

Since the Official site has confirmed Lando (woo-hoo!, but we listed it 2/27 so :p )...Well, in keeping ahead of the curve I added one fiesty Princess. :D

22. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Seb-X, you're definitely keeping me busy. ;) Ok I gotta do it before anyone else:
    "Billy Dee, Billy Dee!"

Whew ok. You know what, this is totally random, but the other night I was watching South Park, which is a rareity these days. The boys went to Afghanistan to give a goat back and referred to these kids there as jawas.

"Jawas?"
    "Yeah, you know, sandpeople."

Just thought I'd share.

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Dropping the heavy artillery today...

Can you say "Count Dooku"? I thought you could.

Also, very, very cool autograph news.

C2 official collectible auction update.

Added soon to be Detroit Fan Force members who are coming.

:D

24. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Holy massive updates, Sebulba-X!

25. Grand Moff Joker

Oct 13, 1999
    Christopher Lee! Christopher Lee! Woo-hooo!

Now if only we could get Ian McDiarmid!

Thanks for the great news to start the day, Seb!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.