main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The official, purely speculative, non social, beard and food theory thread.

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Shoeless Jedi, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    Han's lack of beardiness probably stems from the fact he was just in for the money at the beginning, when old Obi Wan, Luke, and the droids needed a ride. He did claim his monetary reward in ANH before conscience got a hold of his heart.

2. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Yes Shoeless, I read all the threads here... I had to. I actually misread the title and thought it was the BEER and FOOD thread. Kudos to your efforts.

3. Shoeless Jedi

Shoeless Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2000
    Thanks Art, we always appreciate the support :) Beer and food theory eh? That's funny, well I suppose if there is beer in the Star Wars universe (is there?), it would fall under the same rules as the food theory.

4. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    drink, as in beer, is something that is ingested, therefore, it is a part of the food theory.

5. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    unless that drink is Blue Milk, giver of life, right keo?

so what if the beer is blue?

6. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    yes, blue beer, there is; an emulsion derived from the famed blue milk, such as juice moves to cider to brew (wine/champagne), so does blue milk move to beer. Blue beer is considered exotic.

7. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    I dunno, I think we're movin into EU territory there keo :p

Meanwhile, after a long break on the food front, Episode-X comes through with an interesting tidbit on the Kaminoans:

"The Kaminoan world is covered in water due to a natural disaster which had to do with techtonic plates. The Kaminoans were the only species to survive, but they were left without a source of food - that's why they developed the cloning technology in the first place, to sort their dinner out. Meaning: they need to clone their food!
    In time, that evolved into the cloning of the troopers we meet in the film."

Blah blah, the rest doesn't matter. So, I wonder if we'll see any of this cloned food consumed on screen and what impact it will have. Does cloned food apply to the food theory or is there more to the picture? Very interesting....

On a completely different note, back to the beard theory, chalk this one up to wishful thinking, or perhaps just a glorious look at what could have been? In the new Vanity Fair photo spread, Mace is clearly seen sporting a beard....it's been hotly debated if this is just something for the photoshoot (since he may have shot it while filming 51st State where he has the same beard and just didn't shave) or if at some point, for some reason, we'll see a bearded Mace. People seem to have concluded that Mace will remain a hairless wonder in Episode 2....HOWEVER, for all you beardis out there who ever wondered what the mighty Jedi master might look like with beardiness in place, Vanity Fair has the answer....I suppose we can only hope to see this look or similar in Episode 3....

[image=http://www4.addr.com/~ejimford/vf/mace_vf.jpg] [image=http://www4.addr.com/~ejimford/vf/mace_close_vf.jpg] [image=http://www4.addr.com/~ejimford/vf/on_set.jpg] [image=http://www4.addr.com/~ejimford/vf/mace_close_2.jpg]

8. BobaPhil

BobaPhil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    Too cool. Just too damn cool. Sam really is the man.

9. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    He will be bearded. LFL would never have allowed Vanity Fair to capture pics of him not in official appearance.

Beardi theory comes to further fulfillment. This is just sooooo kool. :D

10. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    don't get your hopes up keo :( There's too much evidence against it. Plus that's the exact same beard style he has in 51st State. I think Leibowitz was allowed to portray him with a beard, much like she portrayed Obi vs. Maul on Tatooine back in the TPM spread. Stupid artistic license :(

11. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    ok. *calms exhuberance* :( :_|

12. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    oh, oh, board is squirrelly again tonight.

13. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
  14. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    *thread still stuck on bottom; pushes it back up where it should be after a new posty*

15. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    *gives up; thread still stuck on bottom*

16. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    ok....THAT was weird....

17. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    I don't know if it's snowboards or my ISP; think it's snowboards, cuz it only happens here. it ends up being a triple posty, cuz the error message keeps appearing, so I click post again. then, all of a sudden, all 3 appear. sometimes it won't let me edit the triple posting. also, it doesn't push the thread to the top, stuck wherever it was.

anyhow, I like those pics of the stuble; hope it shows up in AOTC somewheres.

18. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    I saw another picture today somewhere with Mace in his jedi garb having stuble. really cool. Hope GL surprises us with Mace in beard of sorts.

19. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    There sure are a lot of bearded characters in AotC! Bail Organa, Cliegg and Owen Lars, Count Dooku, Obi-Wan, Watto, Toonbuck Toora, etc. Also, it Luminara Unduli's tatoos look something like a beard...or maybe I'm just reading too much into it (the story of this thread [face_laugh] ). :p

20. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    NATHAN! great to see ya man ;)

21. queeq

queeq Jedi Master star 4

Feb 10, 1999
    HEya guys.

MY! Thos pics of Mace better be real. That would so totally clinch the beard theory for ever!

22. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    yes, I am intrigued by all the pics showing Mace with stubble.

23. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    unfortunately there's not enough. All movie evidence points to no stubble, these VF pics seem to be the only support....oh well, at least we get to see what could have been....

24. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    ugh....I hate posting after myself, so I'm not gonna say what I want to say, but I am gonna say what I wish other people were gonna say....

Did anyone out there see the trailer?! Does nobody care to comment on the beardiness within?!

25. Shoeless Jedi

May 13, 2000
    then we truly are dead :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.