main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Official Triangle Trade Federation Gab Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Spring Forward tonight. Heh Just what we need...to lose an hour. But at least the days will be sunnier :cool: .

2. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    The stars used to be there all the time, but they ended up taking them away. They were just activated again for one day as part of the JC's April Fools stuff.

Yeah, but the mornings will be darker... I do not enjoy getting up when it is still dark out. ;)

3. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Darn it - I want my stars! - er - star!

Also, Tuesday I have an appt. with the oral surgeon for a consultation. Getting my wisdom teeth our soon. I have some serious dental issues, but share your horror stories - I mean good experiences with me.

4. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    I have a test Wed. And it's really gonna suck. This is my last semester of college, why can't it be fun............stupid school.

5. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I went through that operation for my wisdom teeth. I got them out before they grew roots when i was 17 so they had to do surgery. My family has a bad history with wisdom teeth so we took extra precautions. You probably don't want to hear my stories ;) .

6. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    Well, I saw the x-rays and I have pre-molars with longer roots on them than my wisdom teeth. My top two are in, my bottom left is impacted - facing up but is not going to come in, it would have to move the molar in front of it a bit to have room, and my bottom right tooth is the interesting one - completely on its side with the roots going straight back as well (which concerns me because out of the four those look the longest), however this one has broken through the gum line and a bit of its side is showing - weird. My mom says she'll be surprised if I need stitches. I can only hope. Those panaramic(or however you spell them) x-rays are so cool.

Oh and my Mom told me that this oral surgeon is fairly new - so that means fairly young and if he's good looking he can pull my teeth out any day ;) lol

7. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I had my wisdom teeth taken out when I was 18, but no horror stories from me. My operation went rather smoothly, I never had to take any of the pain medication they gave me. Just follow the instructions they give you after your surgery and you should be just fine. Best of luck!

Chris

8. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    got my wisdoms out last september and damn if I couldn't eat anything. :(

course, the percocet helped big time...and I got 2 days off work. :D

9. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Yah they give you plenty of percocets, funny thing was they didn't make me fall asleep. I guess it felt so good to be pain free that I didn't want to sleep. The only bad thing for me is that I have TMD really bad and my mouth dosen't open as wide as most poeples for prolonged periods of time either so afterward my jaws were killing me and I couldn't open my mouth wider than a spoon could slip in. I had stitches and didn't know what they were (whatever you do don't go thinking its some mushroom from mushroom soup and try to get it out! I almost fainted). But the actual operation went fine adn I came out of the anasthetic really fast. My dad had some impacted teeth, itll be better to get them out now than waiting till more problems arise.

10. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    A mushroom! OUCH! I know what you mean Master Natalie, I went through the same thing with some chicken and rice soup when I had mine taken out. Lived off liquid foods for several days, Frostys are always good! I was lucky and got along very well, I was never in much pain. My sister developed dry sockets when she had hers done, that was painful, but she didn't follow the after-care instructions very closely, so be sure to do that!

Chris

11. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Ohhhh, you guys, now you're going to make me confess about my own teethy problems. I need to go to the periodontist in 10 days for some deep cleaning. Darn it. Thank goodness for dental insurance, I'd be in the poorhouse this coming year.

12. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    Well, much to my dismay (riiiiiight) the oral surgeon, with my mom's professional discount, wants to charge me $1248.75, not that I'm being technical or anything. Does anyone have that type of money laying around? Certainly not I. So, I'll just store up a sort of credit with them, pay what I can until I have it all paid and can get them taken out. If they begin to bother me before then, I'll have to, as one of my friends said, "take it like a ******* man" (that came from a sweet girl of about 16) and have my mom's employer take them out - with nothing but it being numbed. I want to be unconscious, which does look like it would be a problem. He said they'd drag me in the back door and knock me over the head with a baseball bat.

All this teeth talk is making my teeth hurt - better stop while I'm ahead.

13. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Paintball! let's talk paintball... I went this past weekend and I had a blast!!! I made a pretty good target I have to tell you I got smacked around a lot by those guppies.

Total cost: $20 for renting a gun and field cost, $50 split into 2 for sharing a box of 2000 paintball rounds. Lasted all day, what fun! oh my gosh.

14. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    I need to do some paintball and shoot people. On everyone I will envision my ornithology professor. Everyone will look like him. That little.........oh sorry.......got carried away.

15. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    I so need to actually get to a meeting/get together before I head off to grad school!

16. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Is it mushroom time yet? I want mushrooms! (sung to the marching tune of Spam)
    'shrooms , 'shrooms , 'shrooms, 'shrooms

17. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Chris is going to be dangerous out there on the field!

18. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    its funny that there are two chris' here. :D

19. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    I think I've heard of this one before but it's a good one:

Subject: Ten Dollars
    Fred and his wife Edna went to the state fair every year. Every year Fred would say, "Edna, I'd like to ride in that there airplane." And every year Edna would say, "I know Fred, but that airplane ride costs ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars."

One year Fred and Edna went to the fair and Fred said, "Edna, I'm 71 years old. If I don't ride that airplane this year I may never get another chance."

Edna replied, "Fred that there airplane ride costs ten dollars, and ten dollars is ten dollars."

The pilot overheard them and said, "Folks, I'll make you a deal. I'll take you both up for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and not say one word, I won't charge you, but if you say one word it's ten dollars."

Fred and Edna agreed and up they go. The pilot does all kinds of twists and turns, rolls and dives, but not a word is heard. He does all his tricks over again, but still not a word.

They land and the pilot turns to Fred, "By golly, I did everything I could think of to get you to yell out, but you
    didn't."

Fred replied, "Well, I was going to say something when Edna fell out, but ten dollars is ten dollars."

20. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Hey guys, how are things in Raleigh? I have to admit that I have never been paintballing, but I would like to try it sometime(hint, hint)maybe when I get to visit your beautiful area.

21. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    It is super fun! :) I love paint balling! Most of the gang is at the toy show.

22. Starburstlvr

May 2, 2002
    Yesterday was highly annoying. For some reason, my .NET passport wasn't working so I couldn't get on MSN Messenger or into my e-mail account. Internet connection was fine though. After arriving at a loss around 3am I did a system restore and ta-da everything is okay now. You gotta love that system restore option.

23. Psycho_Jedi

Jun 26, 2002
    I hate school. School can kiss my @$$.

That is all.

24. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Sounds like we need to go 'shrooming to get your mind off school... :)

25. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Our internet and server was down most of the day at work today, so we didnt get alot done. I am training for an artist position though, so that makes my day alittle brighter! Hope everyone is doing well!

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.