main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Panther's Cub - AU - Complete (Ch 76 8/19/06)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PaddyJuan, Feb 18, 2003.

1. tigerland

tigerland Jedi Master

Jul 1, 2003
    Are we talking one more chapter ...... and then epilogues, sequels and prequels.

nooooooooo, it can't be nearly finished, it feels like you and this story have been at the very beginning of the star wars fandom.

Can't wait intil your next epic.

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

But when is this one more chapter[face_praying]
    Soon i hope.:D

3. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I have such mixed feelings [face_worried]

One more post?? How can everything be tied up on one post!?

You're going to leave some details hanging aren't you? You know - like we all know that Ben is Obi-Wan Kenobi and we're dying for Xan and everyone else to know too.....and damnit we're just going to have to deal with it aren't we? :oops: Sigh

Still - if that's my ONLY issue I can live with that :) This has been an amazing fic and any way you choose to tie it up (with the exception of the demise of extremely favorable characters) I'll be okay with it ;)

Can't wait...Bring it on :D

--shan

4. LadyLunas

LadyLunas Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2005
    One more post!? Oh my . . . . so much too be tied up. Ooh, am I anticipating a long chapter? I sure hope so.

But the end of this fic . . . well, it means we can go back and read the entire thing again without wondering what's going to happen next. I'm looking on the bright side.

5. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    If only one post left there must be, it had better be a long one! :)

I absolutely love this story.

6. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Only one more post?? Seriously?? You're going to wrap up so much in only 1 more post? :eek:

Well, I hope its a LONG one and if you leave it hanging, I hope you write a sequel asap!! This story is amazing. :)

7. no-one

no-one Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    oh um paddyjuan? umm could you please update! Please please please? I started reading this story when you first started posting it... and well I realllly would like to find out how it ends.

Thank you
    :D

8. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi everyone,

thanks so much for all the notes. Yes, I am still working on how to wrap up everything in one chapter without posting a book. Thank you for all your patience!!!!

froggy

9. Ganki

Ganki Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    *poke* I love this fic SO much that I logged in again after a year just to read it, and I was not disapointed. Great few chapters and I can't wait till the last one comes.

Wow it has been years...weird I was here when you firt posted this. It is a book! ^-^

UPPERS!

10. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    If you can't do it in just one post without making a book--split up the chapter into a couple posts. ? :)

11. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello:

I first ran across this years ago and was intrigued. I am again. I hope RL is treating you better and am looking forward to how this all ends. It's been so long I'll begin re-reading soon. If the thread's not closed I'll leave comments as I read. I'm sorry I was so late finding this again. I can tell you put a lot of effort into this. I appreciate it! [:D]@};-

12. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Chapter 76:

Mace and Adi slowly opened the door in the lair of evil that the late Chancellor?s palace had turned out to be. The Chancellor had died during the battle with Yoda. The Senate was still reeling from the force battle held in the middle of its arena. Accusations of collusion flew fast and furiously. The fallout had yet to be determined. Yoda, supported by the Council and every Jedi on Coruscant, had slowly but steadily defeated the evil Sith, who was weakened by the recent death of his brother, dark Jedi Sifo-Dyas in his confrontation with Dan-Lyn and Mace.

Too many other doors had horrible surprises waiting behind them. She still had not gotten over the trophy room filled with slender braids and small light sabers. More than one braid and saber all too familiar to the Councilors. The mummified appendages gripping larger sabers were almost as horrifying. Other rooms held dead or dying beings, all bearing evidence of extended torture. The healers were working frantically, not willing to give up on even the most horrendously wounded. One heavily locked room had held cabinet after cabinet of documents that had been rushed back to the Temple and were now being dug into by a large team of researchers.

This room was bare, a little dusty. There was a pallet on the floor, flat and worn, stained darkly. A black cloak hung from one of the two hooks that were the only thing on the wall. Two hooks and a set of manacles, ominous flakes coloring the insides. The only light was a small slit of window high along the wall. As they stepped inside, they could feel the fear and pain imbedded in to the very stone of the walls. There was a small closet type space along one wall, no door, no bar, just an open room about two meters by three.

Unlike the other room, it was not empty. A pile of rags stirred at their entrance, a horned head covered in matted black hair rising, the face beneath at first blank with resignation. As the two Jedi paused, assessing the being, they felt the Force stir around them in the first touch of light they had felt since they entered this hellhole. Black eyes widened in a tattooed face, and a long disused voice croaked out in unbelieving recognition.

?Master Windu, Master Gallia??

It took a closer look to see beneath the filth and damage, to see the strong young Jedi they knew in the battered prisoner.

?Knight Sarin?? Adi recognized him first, his tattooing familiar from her former Padawan?s dreams.

The younger knight stood slowly, cautiously reaching one scarred hand out to the large Jedi Master approaching him. ?Are you real this time?? he murmured softly to himself, barely daring to hope that the faint presences he felt around the Force inhibitor in his chains was real. For so long he had been alone, only droids bringing him food, other droids taking him to the empty room to exercise, waiting for the young Sith that held him captive to arrive, leaving after the set time when no one showed up. He had not seen another living being in what felt like years, only in his dreams. So he could be forgiven for thinking these two just another vision.

The strong arms that caught him, the blinding purple light of the saber that cut through his chains, allowing him to read their signatures, the almost forgotten comfort of the Light that flooded back into him; slowly convinced him that he was not hallucinating this time. A sob caught in his throat, choked back. Jedi did not cry; Zabrak warriors certainly did not, no matter how great the relief he felt. Vaguely he heard Master Windu calling for a healer in the back of his mind.

?Is there anyone else here?? Adi asked softly, looking around as she wrapped the younger Jedi in her cloak, his tattered rags barely holding to his body after years of neglect.

He shook his head, glancing over to the far side of his tiny cell to the familiar sight of his only cell mate. ?Not alive. It was there when I was first brought here.?

Curled in the corner was a small skeleton. A humanoid, judging by the familiar bo

13. LadyLunas

Aug 31, 2005
    :eek: :_|

I have hardly any words to describe the ending of this epic tale. Stupendous. Magnificent. Heart-wrenching. They all come to mind and none of them fully fit the story you've written.

Obi-Wan- I thought Ben was- *shakes head* Wow. Never did I see this coming, though you left slight hints throughout the story. But at least Ben will now hopefully know his parentage. He really is Xanatos' son.

Poor Bant. She never realized that Obi-Wan still lived on, through Ben. At least he's home now.

Yes, I did cry at the end of this. Everything was solved, but in a very bittersweet way. I wonder what's going to happen to everyone now.

Brilliant job, PaddyJuan. Easily one of the best fanfictions I have ever read.

14. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I am so happy that you finished this :) But as they previous reviewer said - it is a bittersweet ending. I can't call it a happy ending, by any means - not with poor little Obi's fate still so fresh in my mind. I've certainly got mixed feelings about all that was revealed.

Ben really is Xan's son - yeah!! :D Anakin is really Qui-Gon's son :eek: Shocker! And the way that Palpy was brought down - awesome! Great job.

You've done an amazing job with this fic and as others have said - this is one of THE BEST fan fics that I have EVER read. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into each and every chapter and for finishing it. I get the feeling there is much more that could be told - but I am satisfied with how you chose to end this. Thank you!

--shan

15. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I've followed this story sense it's genisis. Now it's complete and words fail me to describe the entire epic. Speechless. WHen words come, "WOW!" is all the emerges.

16. no-one

no-one Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    :eek:
    [face_love]
    =D=

Now I know how it ends. Though I am a bit disapointed that Ben's not Obiwan :( I liked the way ani is Quigon's and Ben really is Xanatos' (course now the haps folk sure can't match him up with the princess :p. Thanks for bringing this amazing tale to a close. Ah it's nice to have a sence of closer.;)

17. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Wow, I'm so glad you finally finished this one Paddy - I've read this fic so many times in the past few months... I liked it so much I copied it to a word doc and have read it on planes, on shuttles and in multiple citys!!!

Even though the ending 5-10 chapters are kinda hard to read, this is one of my all time favorite fics, I really really really like it!!

TnTornado

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That ending was quite a shock. You gave us all sorts of hints, but I refused to believe anything other than Ben=Obi. But never in a million years did I expect Xani to actually be his daddy.

What an amazing ending :)

19. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Thank you so much for the notes! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It has been a LOOOOONNNNGGG time since it started and I'm happy that you stuck with it.

Froggy

20. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    This is a wonderful story, and the ending was a shocker! I have mixed feeling about it- I had really hoped that Ben was Obi-Wan.

I've been lurking here ever since my sister told me about it last December. I love your writing, how every little thing has importance in the plot, and the magic of SW fully realized here.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to print this out. It's literally one of the best fics I've ever read.

Thank you for the wonderful journey.

~ Indy

21. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Awesome. I didn't know you'd finished this.

Definitely not what I was expecting, but it still wrapped things up quite neatly.

Thank you for the great story.

22. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Thanks everyone!

Lady Lunas - sorry I made you cry, but I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Shanobi - thank you for all the YEARS of support you have given me for this story.

Jauhzmynn - and again with the long time reader!

no-one - I know everyone thought Ben was Obi, I rather intended you to, even though I did leave several hints along the way. Thanks

TnTornado - sorry you found the last few chapters rough. I had so much info to get out that they tended to become a bit rushed.

PK - snicker

Independence1776 - Glad you and your sister enjoyed it!

Laine - You're welcome!

:D

~~~~__(([face_alien_1]))__~~~~
    ~~~============~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Froggy

23. BrightFeather

BrightFeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2005
    =D= I just found this and spent the last two days reading it. The only thing that would be better is a sequel! I love this little universe. :D

Well done!

BrightFeather

24. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Ooh, a sequel does sound like a good idea!

Please, consider it, Froggy, please! [face_praying]

25. LadyLunas

Aug 31, 2005
    PaddyJuan, don't be sorry that I cried. I always cry at the end of good stories. I don't like letting them go because I come across them too rarely. And yours is one of the best.