main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Political Debate & Slander Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Evil Incarnate, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Welcome to the Political Debate & Slander Thread, hosted by the EUCNN.

It is hear that you can ask questions to either of the candidates for Chancellor of the EUS, and it is also here that you can make accusations against them for either past transgressions or for their plans for the future.

Our two tickets for the office of Chancellor/Vice-Chancellor are Bardan_Jusik/Adalia-Durron, and Evil_King_Wiggins/CPL_Macja.

Please remember that everything posted in this thread is in good fun and not meant to cause emotional harm. :)

Evil.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Though I was hoping to run a clean campaign, without all the mudslinging, I am more than happy to answer the questions of any concerned citizen.

Oh and, sticks and stones may break my bones, but beskar is pretty thick stuff. Do your worst darjetti!

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    The very title of this thread tells me this will not be a clean campaign, as its clear WHO will be slandering who. The person who created this thread has given it the title, I suspect that says it all.. ;)

4. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Clean campaigns ended when you decided to run my good name through the dirt last cycle. :p

I have a question for the two of you, your answers will determine something.

Why are manhole covers round?

Evil.

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    It wouldn't be politics if there weren't any slander. Oh a bit of mudslinging can show who is really up to the task of being Chancellor.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    A round "hole" is stronger structurally than one with discernable sides. If the shaft were square it would be more likely to collapse. It the same reason that many stress fractures in aircraft frames begin near the windows and why commercial aircraft cross sections tend to be round as opposed to square.

ETA: I was your campaign manager last time Evil. And often times you left me alone to deal with Addie.

7. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I was also studying for my finals at the time. Because I spent my time preparing for it I was the class honor graduate. So while I may have lost the last election because of my lack of net time, I managed to win at life. :)

Good answer for the manholes. You managed to make sense while answering an unexpected question. You have showed considerable creativity. ;)

I have another question for all candidates.

If you were a salad, what kind of dressing would you have?

Evil.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I never eat salads, more of a soup person. So I know nothing of salad dressings. I therefore do not feel qualified to answer this question.

And no insult was intended, I figured you had more impoortant thing to do. I was glad to represent you at the time. [face_peace]

9. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I myself would have a creamy red jalapeno dressing. :)

I did enjoy reading your banter during my relaxation period at the end of the day. ;)

Evil.

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Now a question for you.

By asking these questions do you feel as though you are controlling the debate and therefore presenting yourself as "in charge" already to the voters of the EUC?

11. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Being the Editor in Chief of the hosting organization, I would say that I am somewhat in charge. :p

But I only asked the questions because I wanted to get the ball rolling while also showing that no question is too silly to be asked or answered.

Evil.

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I fear that we don't have much of an audience at the moment. So I am off to sleep, I shall return when some of our concerned citizens have raised any questions or concerns of us. Enjoy your evening Evil.

Though I do have a few more question for you, though it has nothing to do with the political arena in which we find ourselves. Why are the new navy working uniforms camoflaged in a blue and white digital pattern like that? Its not like individual sailers are going to be trying to blend in while aboard ship. And if someone were to fall overboard, wouldn't they be harder to spot? It is somewhat confusing to me, and was wondering what your thoughts were on the matter.

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/USN_NWU1.jpg]

13. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I think that they went with blue because our working uniforms have been blue for decades now, and they wanted to hold to their roots while still adjusting to the future. You also cannot tell when the uniform gets stained. Not noticing stains is a big deal when you're on a ship and can rub against grease almost anywhere. So we probably spend less on uniforms now than we used to.

I myself have been using the same four sets that they issued me at boot camp in January of '10. They don't fade nearly as bad as the marine or army uniforms do.

Evil.

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    A round hole gives no sharp edges on a road surface that could possibly do damage to a vehicle which may be travelling over it. It may rise up, but only the corners on say a square or triangle would be able to puncture or damage a vehicles tyre.

Previously (in the other thread) Thank you TEE I will be doing my best to represent the ladies of the EUC in a good and strong light. ;)

15. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    1. All of your manhole cover answers are interesting. I have always been taught that the reason for round manhole covers were so they don't fall onto someone who is working under them. Let me explain: If you lift off a square cover and set it to the side and that cover shifts for some reason it has the potential to fall into the hole. A square design is shorter laterally then it is diagonally, whereas a circle is the same size all the way around and therefore would not beable to accidentally fall through the hole. Plus you don't have to worry about having the cover oriented the correct way with a round cover because every side is the same.

2. I don't always eat salads, but when I do I always choose vinegar, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Stay hungry my friends. ;) (Bonus points to anyone who can identify who or what I am 'quoting'.)

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    There was a salad question?? I Must be tired!!

I dont like dressing, mayo or anything on my salad. I like fresh veggies raw!!

17. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Addie likes her salads like she likes her men... raw and undress! o_O

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh aren't you clever? o_O :rolleyes:

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I can understand that about the uniforms, I have seen ACUs stained pink from mud or black from grease. Even saw one where asphalt rubbed into the knees and marked permanently them up (PVT should have remembered his kneepads, pulling security on Convoy OPS training). I have also seen BDUs so faded I thought they were for an arctic environment. Ok, that last one is a slight exageration. But that was a really worn and faded set of BDUs. We were doing combatives that day and the SGT said he didn't want to mess up a good set.

As for Addie's preferences in men. Though I fail to see what this has to do with the election, I think we all know she holds a candle for her one and only man, Kyp.

20. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Yet another example that Mandalorians have absolutely no sense of humor!

21. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    You get bonus points for quoting the most interesting man in the world. :p

Anyhow, I'm off to work now. I'll answer any questions after I get back.

Evil.

22. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Bardan Jusik, is the rumor true that you are in fact the evil Mnggal-Mnggal who intends to consume all the EUC and thus bring about the doom of all that we have worked so hard to build?

:p

My loyalties to my fellow dark ones are clear.

EKW, is it true that you valiantly, bravely stood strong against a horde of rampaging Devaronian assassins, killed them despite having crippling appendicitis at the time and managed to save 100 babies and a beautiful innocent damsel in distress - an act so impressive that surely you deserve the chancellorship based on merit alone?

[face_mischief]

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    No, absolutley not. Consuming the entire EUC would be problematic. It would give me terrible gas and though that would indeed spell doom for everyone, it is not in my current plans. I should remind every citizen that though Evil was recently voted most likely to be the next Chancellor, so too was he voted most likely to destroy it. I thank you for your question and your concerns Dreadwar

24. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Yes, actually. That event took place just after I aced my final exam at tech school. The SSgt who was trying to defeat me and take the number one spot in the class hired them to eliminate me while also accusing me of cheating on the test. It was a beautiful and wonderful battle in which I saved many babies of both the human and fluffy animal races. :)

Evil.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I ask my opponents if their complete lack of female representation is a reflection of their views of women? I've heard you both believe women should not be anywhere but in the kitchen or in the bedroom....I know I don't support such views and neither does Bardan. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.