main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Price of Sacrifice {Obi-Wan, Anakin -- Angst, AU} |COMPLETE 11-11-03|

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by CalaisKenobi, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Ooooh. :D

I must say, I do enjoy the flashbacks. We're finally getting to see the events that helped shaped the story and the characaters in the story. :D It's Garen that Obi-Wan is forced to kill, right? Right?! :p

This story is too long. ;) I feel like you should have a synoposis every 50 pages. :p

2. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    Oh, this is getting more exciting everytime you post. More soon ;)

3. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    :eek: A Master/Padawan bond! Hurry up Bant!

I love these flashbacks. Especially the ones that help clear things up. :p
    Poor Obi-Wan. :( We will finally get to see what happened to Garen.

4. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Sorry, no post tonight. I wasted too much time trying to research the Borg Collective for my other story. There is so much speculation regarding it.. why can't they just pin down a complete description! :mad:

BTW: does anyone know the Borg species designation for humans? I'd be forever in your debt ;)

5. shookumydooku

shookumydooku Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    humans, species 5618...

6. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
  7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Doesn't the Borg also sometimes call them something derogatory like softskins or something similair to that?

8. Psycho-Freak

Jun 30, 2002
    Up with you!

9. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
  10. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    With Jango Fett dead, the Republic guards had to rely on their own leadership structure to counter the threat of the two Jedi Masters and the lone Jedi Padawan. The guards were able to hold their own for several minutes, but when Master Windu triggered the door of the room guarding the rest of the Order?s Knights and Masters, the guards knew they had no choice but to surrender. Despite the fact that the released captives were not armed with lightsabers, it was apparent that the Jedi Order?s hand to hand combat training was far superior to that given to the Republic guards.

In only a matter of moments, the guards had completely surrendered, and were being rounded up and detained within the very room they had been guarding. Only a few guards had received injuries, and the wounds were only minor. For young Boba Fett, however, the quick conclusion of the battle seemed almost to last a lifetime. From the moment his father had collapsed on the ground, until the last of the guards had been secured, the young boy sat in a quiet huddle in one of the shadowed corners of the hallway.

Boba had wanted to go to his father, but Jango had always stressed to him the importance of remaining hidden during confrontations. The assassin always took his son with him, to allow him a glimpse of the life he would soon lead and because of the surprisingly strong father-son connection that had developed between them; but Jango had not yet begun Boba?s training. Jango swore that his ?son? would one day be an even better warrior than he was, but even the ruthless assassin was loath to allow such a young boy the huge responsibility of handling a weapon.

Jango had, however, taught Boba some self-defense tactics that suited his small frame and youth. It was these very methods that the young clone relied upon as the dark-skinned Jedi spotted him in the shadowed recesses. As the large man drew close, Boba pretended to curl up in fear, when he was actually arranging his body for attack. As the Jedi Master reached out a hand toward him, Boba reacted instantly, knocking the hand aside and lashing out with his booted heel. Although the Jedi had superhuman reflexes, he was not quick enough to avoid the blow from the well-trained boy.

With a grunt, the Master dropped to his knees, clutching his freely bleeding nose with his hand. Before Boba could escape, however, another Jedi Master and the young Padawan that had killed his father arrived. Realizing that he was outnumbered, Boba prepared himself for what would surely be revenge after his attack on the Jedi Master. Instead, he was surprised as the Padawan cautiously knelt down on the floor beside him.

?Are you all right?? she asked softly, making certain not to move too swiftly around the obviously skittish young boy.

Unsure of how to answer, Boba merely nodded, his gaze drifting between the Padawan beside him and the two Jedi Masters. The dark-skinned man was rising to his feet with some help from the other. In fact, it almost appeared as if the female Master was teasing the other Jedi as she helped him. Following the direction of his gaze, the Jedi Padawan smiled and leaned closer to Boba, as if to whisper a confidence.

?I think Master Windu was a bit surprised to be attacked so successfully by someone so young,? she murmured with a grin.

?Master Windu?? Boba asked, wondering why he didn?t feel more of a sense of malice toward the young girl for killing his father, despite the fact that she was acting so friendly.

?Oh!? the Padawan gasped, ?I guess you don?t really know who we are, do you?? she asked rhetorically. ?The taller Master is Mace Windu, and the other Master is Adi Gallia,? she stated, pointing to them, ?and I?m Elei,? she finished offering a hand to Boba.

Confused as to what the Padawan wanted, Boba merely stared at her hand until she withdrew it. ?Anyway,? Elei said to cover the sudden unpleasant silence, ?I think you?ll probably be coming back to the Temple with me and the rest of the injured Knights and Masters.?

?What about everyone else?

11. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    obaona It's Garen that Obi-Wan is forced to kill, right? Right?!
    Yup ;) And I could post a synopsis every 50 pages... but then I'd never have a chance to actually write a post! :D

Darthsmurf Thank you :)

Psycho-Freak A Master/Padawan bond! Hurry up Bant!
    Well.. someone has to take over for Obi-Wan [face_devil]

shookumydooku Thanks! :D :D

Kitara Hmm.. I'm not sure if the Borg do have another name for humans... it does seem familiar though :confused:

Psycho-freak, kasia_skywalker and diamondpony_2002 Thanks for the up!

Sorry for the delay in posting. I was stuck with a block until I finally decided I needed to switch perspectives on something! (that's what I get for trying to follow a pre-conceived plan for ONCE on this story! :p )

12. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    meeeep! I missed posts!!! Great job CK. I'm so glad you're back and writting, better than ever. :D

13. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    so glad you're back. Great chapter. Love Boba getting Mace. tsk tsk, Master Windu, always be alert in a battlezone. Hope that Elei can get little Boba interested in something good.

Go Bant Go!!!

14. Psycho-Freak

Jun 30, 2002
    [face_laugh] I'm sure Mace will be more alert from now on.

I hope that Boba behaves himself and doesn't go on injuring any more jedis.

Well.. someone has to take over for Obi-Wan [face_plain]

15. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  16. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
  17. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Flashback to three and a half years ago

Used to the verdant and abundant flora and fauna of Naboo, Obi-Wan was surprised when the Transport Liner he was on flew over several uninterrupted miles of sand. Though the sand had a greenish tint to it, he couldn?t help but be reminded of the sandy dunes of Tatooine.

\Thinking of that mission is not going to help me now\ he chastised himself, as images of a blood red and emerald green ?saber locked into battle flooded through his memory. Shaking his head slightly, as if to physically knock loose the thoughts, Obi-Wan joined the rest of the passengers in the queue waiting to exit the Liner.

Although the Twi?lek immediately to his right side took note of the presence of a Jedi, Obi-Wan had purposely dimmed his presence, making himself nearly invisible to most of the rest of the varied passengers. Although they were aware that someone resided within the space Obi-Wan took up, the passengers? perceptions were clouded enough to prevent them from realizing that it was a Jedi that resided there.

As the long line of Twi?leks, Chagrians, Humans and others exited the ramp of the vast Liner, Obi-Wan stretched out with his Force sense, trying to locate the presence of another Force user. Though Naboo had many Force sensitives, the aura of a trained Force user would clearly stand out.

Feeling the flicker of a powerful user just on the edge of his senses, Obi-Wan knew that the person he was looking for was not within the immediate port area. In fact, he was relatively certain that the person was very near to, if not within, the city of Theed. Sighing as he again lamented the Council?s decision to refuse to allow him to use a Republic Transport, the young Knight set out to find a dealer who would rent him a skimmer for the day.

~~~~

Arriving at Theed, Obi-Wan continued to follow the flicker of Force presence, though he used considerably more caution the closer he drew toward the unknown Force user. Reaching the outskirts of the city, he abandoned the skimmer, and continued on foot toward a destination he had hoped never to see again.

Approaching the small hut shaped building, Obi-Wan paused to again force his emotions under control. For despite nearly half of a year passing, Obi-Wan still felt intense grief at the thought of his former Master. Qui-Gon?s death had been hard, but harder still was the memory of the last few days they had spent together in an argument. Though the Master/Apprentice relationship was obviously a training relationship, it had also been nearly that of Father/Son to Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. To have his last memories of his Master corrupted by the anger he had felt at the time was a heavy burden for even a Jedi to carry.

Despite that, Obi-Wan had managed to carry out the many missions of the Council with an almost perfect success rate. Even when he was sent to planets where he and Qui-Gon had visited during the years of his apprenticeship, Obi-Wan was able to keep his control. Naboo, however, was an entirely different story. For despite how much he had prepared for the mission, Obi-Wan could have never thought he would again be forced to face the location of Qui-Gon?s immolation.

Taking a deep breath, Obi-Wan forced all of his grief and anger and all of his other many jumbled emotions aside as he crept slowly toward the funerary hut. Although the bridge seemed to be the only way to access the small building, the young Knight knew that he would be able to reach it by jumping across the expanse of water as well. Although most could not leap such a large distance, Obi-Wan?s Jedi training enabled him to clear it easily.

Gathering the Force to him, Obi-Wan took a slight running start and then leapt across the expanse that separated him from the other Force-sensitive. Landing silently, he remained in a crouched position, keeping his head below the level of the window-like openings in the wall.

?? feel it within you. You have a power not many others can claim, and you need to harness it and use it to your advanta

18. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    MCK Thanks! It's good to be back and writing again :D

Paddyjuan tsk tsk, Master Windu, always be alert in a battlezone.
    Well, gee, maybe Boba can teach him that. Since, of course, a good Master/Apprentice relationship is one where the Master learns from the apprentice as well :p

Psycho-freak I hope that Boba behaves himself
    See Paddyjuan's response ;)

Kitara Thanks :D

MCK Thank you for the up! :)

19. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    The start of Garen's turn to the dark side?

20. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    <cough*up*cough>

...what....?

21. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    WHOO!!!!

Great job here master...So we are going to be able to see Garen's fall huh..

Cant wait to read more...

Your Padawan..

22. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey all. I'm here... just urgh right now. As soon as my brain starts functioning on a level above "ooohh.. pretty" I'll write more.

23. dparis

dparis Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    this should take a while then...

heeheehee...

-_sguid

24. Cicci

Cicci Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2002
    *peeks in* Wow, I sure took a long, long break from these boards.

I've been catching up on this story for quite a while now and all my exhausted brain can think of is: wow.

These last I-don't-know-how-many posts have been fabulous, CK. Reading them all really gave me a headache (and for once, that's a good thing.) I sure hope I'll be able to keep up the reading of this now. I've really, really missed it. It's great to be back.

25. Psycho-Freak

Jun 30, 2002
    Uppity up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.