main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA The Q,C, & EE Thread 17: "Revenge of the Bith"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    LTT tickets are available from the tour companies, but waaaay more expensive. I'm not making my mind up until mid-April. Did you guys already buy your plane tickets? We did. Non-refundable, but we can change the dates if needed.

2. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Nothing but the hotel room around the launch time at the Ramada has been booked. No flights, or anything else. I did put in my vacation time though because I have to do it early. I can always cancel it, but it's a pain in the patootie.

3. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    A neighbor's car alarm went off all last night, and it just started up again!?! :mad: I need me some old eggs...

4. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    New ones are ok too. You can also get some speakers and blast music at them.

5. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Once, a neighbor pointed out to us that some car dealership had begun "storing" cars on our street (where there is already a parking problem). We checked it out, and sure enough 3/4 of the cars parked had the dealership paperwork stuck on the window. We were livid! After a few nights of this, we'd had enough. We all (BeSo, my Padawan and I) went out after midnight with bags of eggs we'd bought, and had a bit of naughty fun tagging them all. Well, turns out one of the cars was my neighbor's new car! [face_blush] Well, that brought us down to earth, and we were all suitable ashamed about the incident (especially the adults, for setting such a poor example for the minor in the group). The only good thing was that it pretty much immediately stopped the dealership from using our street for storage. True story.

So w/r/t egging, I keed. Fresh or rotten!

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    We have a neighbor who parks in front of other people's homes on street sweeping days so the front of his house is swept but the other house is not. Pretty uncool.

7. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    We have this weird lady who HAS to park in front of our place, even if there's room in front of hers. [face_plain]

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah, some neighbors suck.

9. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    You could leave a note on these people's cars, like people did on mine when I was avoiding the spiders in front of my house. :/

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I actually did that once. We have an elementary school near the house and parents often park in front of my house to pick up their children. The sidewalk in front of my house has space for two cars to park from driveway to driveway. Once in a while, an idiot parks right in the middle making it impossible for anyone else to park, including me. When that happens, I leave a note asking the person to be considerate and to not park in the middle of the sidewalk.

11. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    There are apartments on the other side of my street and they often park in front of our houses. The worst is this guy that parks in front a lot and takes up two spaces with his GIANT ugly old truck.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have to admit that when it comes to apartments you kind of have to be more forgiving because there is never enough parking.

13. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    So I just finished reading Wishful Drinking, by Carrie Fisher, of course, and i was wondering if anyone else had read it. I haven't seen her show, but I was wondering how it matched up to the book. Man, I wish she'd come back here to perform it again!

14. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    hmm... JY and JR.... what did we do to cars that parked poorly infront of my house? Makes JB action look saintly.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    APL, I wanted to read that. Did you like it? I think VK saw it.

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    My wife's friend had her car parked in front of our house for a while, someone called the cops on her and they put a warning on it saying that you can't leave a car parked in the same place for more than 48 hours in Whittier.

I haven't read any books lately or in the past 10 years.

17. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Oh, I know the kinds of things that JY does to cars...I've been an accessory to some of them. :)

18. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Man, my car and I are lucky you guys don't live near me. :p

19. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    It's always been a pet peeve of mine to see cars use two parking spaces (and sometimes even manage to use 3) when the lot/street is full or they have to use two prime parking spaces, like the only ones in the shade or the spaces close to the store. The dark side keeps urging me to do something bad to those cars. It's really an effort, to resist. But, I have put notes on their windshield with pictures of little pigs saying something like, "Don't be such a selfish piggy! You're only supposed to use one car per parking space."

20. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Well my personal record while still in High School was 5 spaces taken by my car, this was right after it got repainted and fully restored. Of course this was a the former Del Amo Fashion Center and there were plenty of other open spaces left.[face_skull]

21. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    See, to me that's not so bad if you didn't park in one of, I mean five of, the prime spots. If you parked far away from the stores and didn't hog the few shady spots, then that doesn't seem so bad.

22. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    This was far down the row and plenty far away from the entrances, I used to make a game of collecting the Mall Security Parking Tickets since they were as worthless as the paper they were printed on, they are just rent a cops anyway, no real power.[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.