main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Return of the Forgotten Ones [New Players Welcome]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Skywalker_T-65, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    IC: Lyra Te'lorn
    Jedi Temple, Tython

Lyra listened to Master Sule has he explained what had exactly happened to them, since their long slumber. It was not what she expected.

"I don't know what happened to Tython, as it has been abandoned for centuries and not even the Council kept records of its location," Sule began, "As for what is happening right now...this is hard even for myself to believe, but the Order has fallen. A Sith Lord hid himself under the facade of a kindly politician, and was able to become the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. A Civil War broke out several years ago...most likely orchestrated by this Sith. The Jedi lead a Clone Army in this war, spread all over the Galaxy. Not even a full day ago, the Clones turned on us, and wiped out the Order. For all I know, Melina and I are the only survivors."

THOSE FOOLS?!! Leading an army? What were they thinking? And to let them become totally forgotten? Lyra's face went through a flurry of looks, before she grew calm once more. She then looked at Master Sule and Melina with new eyes. No wonder he had reacted the way he had. They had just lost everything they had known. Alone in a suddenly hostile universe. It sounded as if the name Jedi no longer meant the same as it had so long ago. Perhaps it was indeed a good think they had been forgotten. That meant no one would be looking for them. And the Force had led the pair here.

Master Sule added, "I will do what I can to help gather all our group in here, and get them resting and eating. While Melina is wounded, I am fine. I will keep watch while the rest of you rest from your long sleep." Lyra gave the Master a long bow. She then smiled. "I think you have been through quite enough already. But I thank you for the offer. There is much we will have, in catching up in this new future of ours." Lyra shook her head. I am not out of sorts yet. But I will hand out the few food items we do have. Hopefully, the others will find food stock in the meal area. Pass out food to those you can find." Lyra then smiled, and took an extra food bar. "I have to find someone. I think I know where he will be." With a wink, Lyra turned, and left the med area. She went looking for Master Palerma. As she walked, she hoped the others would remember to try and set up some type of safeguards. A few people she found had wandered off to themselves. That was not surprising. Lyra kept walking, softly talking to the plant that now curled up her arm. Soon, she stopped. She was in the area where the archives would normally be accessed. Quietly, she walked into one of the rooms, looking around. After walking in, she found the Lore Keeper sitting at one of the terminals. She walked in. Was he awake? She checked to see if he was. If so, she would hand him one of the food bars. If not, she would lay the food bar next to him, and sit with him for little while, before going back to check on the others. Since she had healed Melina, she was beginning to feel tired. And she had not a chance to properly meditate as well.

With that, Lyra closed her eyes, and began a light meditation, drawing the Living Force around her, letting its energy flow around her as she did. They would all need their energies for what was to come later on. Right now, she would let the Force guide her.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto , BLemelisk, anyone else within earshot, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    OOC: Ha, I'm a Master now :p Though technically, Mala is one, but its more of an honorary title than an official rank since he had been training a Padawan and the boy's untimely death prevented him from seeing the boy to Knighthood and therefore denied him his promotion. Curse you Darth Bane and your pesky Thought Bomb too!

Mala Palerma

Jedi Archives, Tython

Mala was, alas, the first to succumb to the effects of waking up unexpectedly and abruptly from a thousand year long sleep in carbonite. When Healer Te'lorn entered the archives and found him at the terminal, he had unwillingly given in to the sudden exhaustion common to hibernation sickness and was blissfully asleep. The Lore Keeper had passed out at the terminal, his right cheek pressing into the keys of the keypad and the screen blinked a long, continuing scroll of the krill key.​

His eyes moved under the lids, a clear sign that he was dreaming...​

He was dreaming and was aware of that fact, simply because he knew that the young boy standing in front of him was very much dead or at least he should be or will be again. He recognized Ruusan and its sloping plains and jagged mountains in the distance that looked more like the fangs of a giant monster the size of the world than beautiful mountain peaks he knew they really were. A forest surrounded him and his student, as well as over a thousand Jedi and soldiers waiting for the order to take the offensive against the Sith again.

His Padawan wasn't alone, another Jedi, older and a Knight, was with him and they were chatting amiably away as if there was no war raging on the planet they were on, as if they was no conflict in the Force happening at that moment, as if it were just another peaceful day in the life of two Jedi. His student did not see or notice his presence and it wasn't the first time nor would it be the last. Perhaps being frozen in carbonite like he had was more of a blessing than a curse, at least he could not dream. He was certain, or at least his perception made him believe it, that he hadn't had this dream for a thousand years and it only made sense that now that he was awake (or asleep again), he would have them again.

Like before in past occurrences he would follow his student and the Knight through the encampment, listening to their conversation which mostly consisted of what they would do when they returned to Tython at the end of the month for their leave. And like before he would hear his student say he was eager to return home and to his master, whom he knew was waiting nose deep somewhere in the Jedi Archives. And like before he would hear the pride in the boy's voice as he spoke about his master with such a reverence that Mala had never realized the boy had for him. He had thought he had failed the child in teaching him to follow his path, but like every time he dreamed this nightmare he would come to realize that he had not failed the boy at all but such realization never carried through into the waking world.

Like before he would listen and watch and follow in what seemed like hours and as time ticked by and the sun rose ever farther across the azure sky, he would grow agitated and futilely try and get his Padawan's attention and that of Knight or anyone elses attention to warn them of what was coming. And like before he would fail in that and watch helplessly as every Jedi in the camp raised their heads in the direction the danger came from, looks of confusion and concern and then horror crossing their faces as it dawned on to them what the Sith had just done.

And like before Mala would close his eyes and feel the thousand deaths all over again, but most of all he felt the terror of the boy that he had raised and trained as his life was snuffed out along with everyone else's, including the Sith Lords who foolishly unleashed the unholy power upon them all. It stabbed at him like a lightsaber piercing his chest, the pain of his Padawan's consciousness being ripped away screaming at him before he was suddenly silenced. And like before...

He jolted back awake with a start, his heart racing and with regret in his eyes. He was not aware of Te'lorn's presence in the archives, his mind and senses focusing more on the nightmare that plagued him almost every night since his boy had died along with everyone else on that Force forsaken world. Tears brimmed at the edges of his dark eyes before he closed them and forced himself to bury the emotion deep within himself again, adding one more layer of grief that he refused to let go of like he should have long ago, but couldn't bring himself to do so. When he opened them again, his blurred vision cleared and he scowled darkly at the endless aurebesh lettering across his screen and started to piece together what had happened.​

He had fallen asleep in the middle of restarting the archives' data retrieval programs and the tiny impressions on his right cheek told him where exactly he ended up napping. Mala rubbed at his cheek to work the aurebesh letters out of his flesh and started to clear the screen to start over again. That was when he noticed the ration bar next to the keypad and he scowled at it. Where had that come from?​

The Jedi Knight reached for it as he glanced around and when his gaze fell upon the meditating healer, his body told him exactly how hungry he was for the tasteless food. "Lyra?" he called to her gently so as not to startle her out of her meditation. He knew her well enough, though, to know that she was well aware of his renewed alertness and he suspected she probably felt the disturbance in his own psyche from the dream. Had she come to him because of it or for some other reason?​

TAG: Ktala Skywalker_T-65 BLemelisk Mitth_Fisto and anyone else.

OOC: Well that was fun to write and totally unexpected. I wanted to go one way and ended up in a different direction. Guess it was the Will of the Force that it happened this way. Lol.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Jedi Temple, Tython

Dark, rolling black images touched the edges of her consciousness. They were not coming from her. Sadness. A deep, long carried sadness, that was powerful seemed to roll towards her, like and angry sea, dark and turbulent. Lyra held up an arm. The one with her companion wrapped delicately around her arm. In her mind, she carefully recited something that had touched her many years back. She felt right now, it was needed more now than ever..

"There is Only the Force
    I will do what I must to keep the balance
    The balance is what keeps me together
    There is passion, Yet peace
    Serenity, Yet emotion
    Chaos, Yet order
    I am the wielder of the flame
    I am the holder of the torch, lighting the way
    I am the keeper of the flame, I am a guardian of balance "

The darkness rolled away from her, as she breathed in deeply. Her calm and center had returned to her. She would need more rest, but now, she was able to think clearly.

"Lyra?"

The voice was Palerma. With a smile she opened her eyes. She looked over and saw him looking at her. "Eat, Mala." she said softly, as she pulled out a bar from within her own robes. "Not the kind of meal I would want, for just awakening, but it will have to do for now, until we find the supplies." She offered him another smile, as she took a nibble from her own ration bar. She made a face. "Obviously, 900 years has not been enough time to improve the taste of these things." she offered with a soft laugh.

With so much going on right now, she didnt want to directly ask him what had caused such strong emotions. Their memories were already having to fight, dealing with a 900 year gap, when it felt as if only a few days had passed in their memories. Right now, they were vulnerable. Knight Briiana was proving that point quite well. With a practice gracefulness, she stood in once quick motion, and then walked over to the Lore Keeper. She then sat down, next to him, quickly looking him over with practiced eyes. "I hope you are feeling a bit better now." She told him. She then looked at the monitor, seeing what information had filled the screens. She looked back over at Mala. "I dont think it would be good for you to be down here alone for too long..." She held up her hand. "We've already had one person attacked. As far as I can tell, one, perhaps two have wandered off, and I have not seen them return. And we have someone who seems intent on attacking us for some reason. So wandering around alone, when we are not sure on how secure the temple is, is dangerous." Lyra then gestured to the computer monitor. "I talked with Master Sule. They were running from others. If there are other who are hunting Jedi...then I also want you to make sure this terminal does NOT try to contact anything or anyone outside of this temple. Or else you could be leading them straight to us."

Lyra then took another bite of her bar, this time not making a face. "I hope they do find the other supplies. I could use a cup of caffa." Lyra offered him another smile.

TAG: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Skywalker_T-65, and anyone else.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mala Palerma

Jedi Archives, Tython

He listened to his companion and fellow Jedi as she listed her concerns and suggestions to him. The screen for his terminal was blank, except for a blinking line that told the machine was waiting for his commands. "I doubt these terminals will be doing any communicating any time soon. The archives are corrupted and I have had to reboot the system and begin a restoration of the lost data, which, frustratingly has been halted due to corrupted code in the programs and my ineptitude. Blast the Sith to the Nine Hells and back," he growled as he glowered at the blank screen, clearly showing his frustration and exhaustion. Normally he would keep a calm demeanor but fatigue was eating away at his focus. His short nap apparently had not been enough.​

Mala rubbed at his eyes with a hand. He still hadn't eaten the ration bar yet and was only reminded of it at the sound of Lyra taking another bite out of her own. He started to unwrap the tasteless food, "As for me, no I'm not feeling better. I'm tired and apparently hungry. Seems spending nearly a thousand years in carbonite is not the best way to get some sleep." He made an equally sour face as Lyra had when he bit into the ration bar. "Ugh, you're right, they have not improved the taste of these things."​

He sighed in resignation to his new diet and quickly found himself longing for an Alderaanian sauteed nerf sirloin with Corellian potatos and Serenni pod poppers. "I would kill for a decent meal right now, I think." He smiled lightly and then turned his attention to the terminal again. He set the bar down and started typing. "But a decent meal is probably in the next star system presently inaccessible due to us being wanted by the galaxy I imagine. Speaking of which, has anyone gone to the hanger to see if Master Karana left us a working ship? Though I loathe the idea, we will probably want to leave Tython post haste if the Sith discover us here thanks to Noro and his new friend."​

The Lore Keeper pursed his lips and reached for the ration bar. He chewed on a bite as he thought about what else Lyra had told him that had been going on while he apparently had napped. Two more Jedi have thawed and some of the others have wandered off. There was no organization amongst them and he wondered if it is because there is a lack of leadership through a lack of masters. Sule seemed more concerned with his Padawan rather than the fact that he had discovered a Temple full of frozen Jedi and therefore had not asserted his authority over them.​

I should not accuse him of having a lack of focus, he chided himself. A master's first concern is his Padawan and everything else second. Mala knew this and a stab of regret tightened against his chest at the reminder of how he had failed his own Padawan. His priorities had been misplaced and he had allowed his pride to get in the way. I should have supported him and gone with him to fight in the war.

Mala closed his eyes as his fingers stopped working over the keys. He brought them away and rested them in his lap, the ration bar quickly forgotten. He took a shallow breath and wished he was still frozen in carbonite. At least then the pain would go away simply because he would not be consciously aware of it anymore. He looked to Lyra again and saw the serenity in her expression and concern that seemed to be a constant thing with her. In all the years he's been patched up by her, he's never once seen her look at anyone with loathing or indifference. Maybe frustration when her patients do stupid things that further hindered their recovery, but never anything else other than compassion.​

"Do you remember Kaleb?" saying his Padawan's name hurt but the Force was telling him he could confide in her.​

TAG: Ktala

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Jedi Temple, Tython

"I doubt these terminals will be doing any communicating any time soon. The archives are corrupted and I have had to reboot the system and begin a restoration of the lost data, which, frustratingly has been halted due to corrupted code in the programs and my ineptitude. Blast the Sith to the Nine Hells and back," Mala growled. Mala was like some of her instructors. Healers and Archivers. Nose deep into the books, driven by the love of what they did. Sometimes to distraction of nothing else. Which sometimes included other people. She simply paused and waited for his annoyance to fall away. Mala rubbed at his eyes with a hand. "As for me, no I'm not feeling better. I'm tired and apparently hungry. Seems spending nearly a thousand years in carbonite is not the best way to get some sleep."

Lyra laughed lightly. "I dont think I would call that, sleep." she added, looking amused at the sour face Mala made after he finally took a bit into the ration bar. "Ugh, you're right, they have not improved the taste of these things."

"I would kill for a decent meal right now, I think." Lyra smiled lightly. "Well then, in that case, I had better find something worthy for our next meal then." She winked. Mala turned his attention to the terminal again. He set the bar down and started typing. "But a decent meal is probably in the next star system presently inaccessible due to us being wanted by the galaxy I imagine. Speaking of which, has anyone gone to the hanger to see if Master Karana left us a working ship? Though I loathe the idea, we will probably want to leave Tython post haste if the Sith discover us here thanks to Noro and his new friend." Lyra shook her head. Havent had a chance to check yet. Too busy trying to make sure no one else is attacked. But you are right."

Mala closed his eyes as his fingers stopped working over the keys. He brought them away and rested them in his lap. Lyra felt another flux of emotions. "Do you remember Kaleb?" he asked her.

Kaleb. Mala's padawan. She knew of the young boy well. She remembered how happy Mala had been back in the beginning. She also remembered the pain of when the boy got older. She had heard many stories from many Knights, during the training of their own students. The many cuts and injuries she tended to.And then, there was Ruusan. So many stories came back. They could barely believe it. Some were sent, but many healers were barred from going. They did not want to lose any more, their group already a dwindling few. It was almost a week later, before she found out that Mala had been touched by the tragedy as well. It had - changed him. That could be said of many. But Mala, already withdrawn, became even more so. He lived in the archives.

Lyra looked up, and nodded slowly. "Yes, I remember Kaleb." she stated quietly. "He was quite a handful, as I recall." she said with a gentle smile. She would not push Mala. Whatever he wished to tell her, she would let him, on his terms. She sat quietly at his side, waiting for him to continue.

TAG: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mala Palerma

Jedi Archives, Tython

"Yes," he whispered softly, "he was."​

Mala remembered well how much of a handful his Padawan had been, that he often joked that the child would turn him grey sooner than he should have. I should have seen him turn grey, he thought bitterly and before the grief could return, he stamped down on it hard and buried it again within himself and although it was buried, the pain was still there just under the surface.​

"I failed him," he continued, his dark eyes casting down to the hands in his lap. "I had wanted him to follow in my footsteps and become a Lore Keeper myself like I had in honor of my master. But the more I pressed, the more he pushed back with wanting to become a Sentinel. Then one day, I learn he spoke to the High Council without telling me and he's gone from Tython to serve in Lord Hoth's army. I always thought he did it just to spite me, but now I see it was the path chosen for him by the Force."​

He looked up at Lyra, seeking answers from her but knowing she probably had none nor would she give him any he wanted to hear.​

"I lost him because of my selfishness, my pride would not bend and accept that he wasn't meant to be a scholar like me. He's too much like his..." he cut off abruptly and glanced away to stare at the line of command he had stopped at. His fingers curled into fists briefly before flexing and relaxing again. "I drove him into defying me and joining the Army of Light, had I accepted his choice he would not have been on Ruusan and I would not be here today. I'm certain of it."​

TAG: Ktala

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Jedi Temple, Tython

Another powerful surge of emotions came from the Jedi in front of her. She used her influence within the Force, to gently wrap the Force around him, sending calming waves of emotion to him. He had borne his pain for far too long. She felt that whatever it was he was trying to tell her, it was important to him. She listened to him carefully.

"I failed him," Mala continued, his dark eyes casting down to the hands in his lap. "I had wanted him to follow in my footsteps and become a Lore Keeper myself like I had in honor of my master. But the more I pressed, the more he pushed back with wanting to become a Sentinel. Then one day, I learn he spoke to the High Council without telling me and he's gone from Tython to serve in Lord Hoth's army. I always thought he did it just to spite me, but now I see it was the path chosen for him by the Force."

He looked up at her, his face searching hers, as if looking for something. Lyra could feel the pain in him, her empathy feeling his sorrow and anguish.

"I lost him because of my selfishness, my pride would not bend and accept that he wasn't meant to be a scholar like me. He's too much like his..." he cut off abruptly and glanced away to stare at the line of command he had stopped at. His fingers curled into fists briefly before flexing and relaxing again. "I drove him into defying me and joining the Army of Light, had I accepted his choice he would not have been on Ruusan and I would not be here today. I'm certain of it."

Lyra gave a very soft sigh. It was difficult when a Master lost their student. She did not contend what the others said of the relationship between a Master and Padawan. She had dealt with far too many of them. It was the relationship of a parent and child, if the match was good. Powerful and loving. How else could you spend 10 years of your life to train a student and NOT develop an attachment? If you did not, then something was seriously wrong. Like any loving father, you wanted your child to follow you. No, that was not right. You wanted them to succeed you. To surpass what you had done, and to go further. Lyra herself, had not taken on a student, because she had not felt ready, even thought it was long after she had passed her test as a Knight. Being one more of the Living Force, and the living forest, her healing skills she considered almost secondary. It was her other gifts she had decided to concentrate on for the moment. But now, it was her skills at empathy that were needed. Lyra gently reached out, and touched Mala's shoulder.

"You did not fail him, Mala." she told him gently. "Like any father, you want what you think is best for your child. You had hoped that he would follow in your footsteps. There is no shame in that. But the boy felt another calling. Like any child, he wanted you to be proud of him." Mala was in pain. Lyra moved her hand, as he stared at the keyboard, and gently touched his hands that were flexing tightly in his lap. "He cared for you. He wanted to prove to you that he could succeed in his chosen path. You know if he did not care for you, he could have easily requested another Master to finish his training."

Lyra gripped one of his hands. "One can never tell what might have happened, if you did things differently. He could have followed your footsteps exactly, and still ended up there, as many of our brothers and sisters did. He might have been sent to access the Sith's files. You dont know. You might have done everything right, and still, he would have died." Lyra look at him, compassion within her eyes. "We all can not see the future. We trust that too the Force. But there are many outside distractions as well." Lyra tilted her head slightly. "No one knew, or could even believe what had happened at Ruusan. "But you can not continue to blame yourself. You bring no honor to his memory, by trying to blame yourself for something that was never in your control." Lyra gave a soft sigh, and then continued. "It is natural to grieve for those we have lost. If what Master Sule says is true, then we have an entire Order of our brothers and sisters cut down and slaughtered. We can grieve for them. But to truly honor them, should we not strive to live? To remember the joy and all of the wonderful things that made that person special, and to pass that along so that they may be remembered, and for others to know of them as well?" Lyra asked him.

"To keep that pain bottled tightly within you, does no service. To you. Or to him." she told him gently, before giving his hand one last squeeze, before she leaned back, and give him a chance to think. She noticed how he had cut off a sentence abruptly. 'He's too much like his...' His mother perhaps? A thought that would have to wait for now. There was probably a story there as well, but that would have to be told later. Right now, a friend was in pain, and needed her help.

TAG: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

8. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    IC: Tor'verd
    Jedi Temple, Tython

Tor'verd had made his way to the Medbay with others, and decided to begin meditating and enter a healing trance. But he also kept himself aware of the events around him unfolding.

He made note of the Twi'lek leaving

He made note of a Jedi who went to the archives

He made note of another Jedi, demanding what was going on from another Jedi

He made note of the low down of what they've missed out on since being frozen

He took the small portions of ration that was offered to him

Then he drifted off into his thoughts, not really sure what direction he should be going in. He thought of the days back when Tython wasn't in ruins and his travels to the nine temples and how that knowledge was still fresh in his mind. He thought of the meeting with the Masters and how he had been selected to be frozen in the carbonite. He thought of the sadness that sat in his heart when he discovered his Master wasn't going to be with him on this journey. He thought back to his last moments before being frozen in carbonite.

And then...

He remembered something...

How did I take so long to remember this...

He remembered how his Master pulled him aside before entering the room to be frozen and told him how he had a holocron that Tor'verd would be able to find should he need direction or find the other Jedi to be but he couldn't have Tor'verd holding it should the carbonite damage any part of the holocron. Instead he told him he would store it in the archives, but not in plain sight, but hidden so that only Tor'verd and anyone else smart enough could find it.

Slowly Tor'verd opened his eyes and could feel two of the Jedi in the archives.

Of course...the one place he puts it, it's not empty for me to look around...

Tor'verd decided he would search for the holocron when the Jedi weren't around. He wasn't going to reveal any knowledge of the holocron until he knew these Jedi better and, more importantly, what was in that holocron...

TAG: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Ktala, Skywalker_T-65, anyone else in the room and whatnot

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Genet-Cabur Kyramud You will be waiting a long time for the archives to empty my friend :p

Mala Palerma

Jedi Archives, Tython

There was something to be said about healers. They knew where exactly to focus the Force to heal the wounded and although Mala's wounds would not heal as easily as physical ones, the calm blanket of the Force that wrapped around him from Lyra helped ease a bit his grief he had suppressed and buried for so long. He had almost forgotten how warm the Force felt when one let it in and would have drawn it in more if what was said next hadn't been noticed by him.​

At first he was shocked before he quickly schooled his features and buried the emotion, reminding himself that although what she spoke of was out of ignorance and wisdom rather than any true knowledge on the subject. There was no way she could have known the truth though he imagined now that with the brief spike of surprise within him, she'll probably suspect something.​

"Thank you, my friend," he said quietly once she finished and he had time to consider the wisdom of her words. Mala wondered if the dreams he's had since the boy's death was the Force's way of trying to tell him the same thing. He could not be sure and although he would like to tell her of the dreams, he felt he wasn't ready to share them with her. He had confided enough to her so she could understand the basis of what was ailing him and give her something to go on to help him, even though he hadn't really sought such help when he decided to talk about it. "I doubt I will ever get over his death," the Lore Keeper added and ran a hand through his short hair, pushing back the bangs so they would cascade around his face when they fell back into place. "He was... special and there will be no other like him again."​

He pursed his lips before giving a brief smile as he turned to meet Lyra's gentle gaze. "I probably should meditate, shouldn't I? I cannot remember the last time I had." It was a tiny lie. He did remember the last time and it had been a long time before the Council had chosen him for this project. Too long. Perhaps it will do me some good, he silently added to himself. "I know you said I should not be alone in here, but I have always found the archives the best place for me to meditate. You can stay to keep an eye on me if you like, Lyra, but I won't be leaving them," here he gestured around them at the many rows of datastacks. There were also an equal amount of empty shelves that once housed books and various artifacts, all of which he knew were now in the Temple Archives on Coruscant and thus in the clutches of the Sith.​

I wonder if the Sith of today would cherish our knowledge or seek to destroy it? He knew knowledge was power and the Sith always sought power, so it made sense for the Sith to preserve the knowledge of the Jedi simply for the fact that it was knowledge they didn't have. The Jedi Archives was the ultimate power in the universe if one believed that knowledge could get you anything.​

"I'll be spending most of my time here anyway," he continued after his line of thought came to an end and returned to other pressing matters. "I have to get this place running again and with either Vessan or Mipah's help I can find out what exactly Sentry had run into." His gaze shifted to the datacore and the bodiless head of the security droid that had so valiantly given its life to protect a Jedi that wasn't in it's parameters to protect. "We do need leadership though and if Master Sule is not up to the task, then one of us must take charge. I recommend Vessan, his experience in the war is invaluable."​

He listened to Lyra some more before she insisted on him meditating and finishing his ration bar. He gave her an amused grin, something that had not been seen from him for a long time. If he could find amusement in her persistence to see him stay healthy, the talk about Kaleb had been a good thing after all and perhaps would lead, one day, to him returning to his old self again. But that was long from coming and for now, the former Jedi Master took the chance to get that much needed meditation.​

Anyone that came into the archives, would find him sitting in the center of the chamber, the Force whirling around him like a calm summer rain rising on the horizon. And like most summer rains, anyone who probed deeper would notice that it hid a tenebrous storm on the brink of opening up and unleashing a torrential downpour. Years of holding in his grief and burying it rather than releasing it into the Force, had tainted his aura. It would be obvious to Lyra that his attachment to Kaleb was more than just Master and Padawan.​

TAG: Ktala BLemelisk Mitth_Fisto Skywalker_T-65 Genet-Cabur Kyramud

10. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Vessan Felian
    Medical Bay, Jedi Temple, Tython

"I don't know what happened to Tython, as it has been abandoned for centuries and not even the Council kept records of its location," Sule began, "As for what is happening right now...this is hard even for myself to believe, but the Order has fallen. A Sith Lord hid himself under the facade of a kindly politician, and was able to become the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. A Civil War broke out several years ago...most likely orchestrated by this Sith. The Jedi lead a Clone Army in this war, spread all over the Galaxy. Not even a full day ago, the Clones turned on us, and wiped out the Order. For all I know, Melina and I are the only survivors."

Sule stopped there, the pain of the memories clouding his eyes. But he shook his head to clear it, "I will do what I can to help gather all our group in here, and get them resting and eating. While Melina is wounded, I am fine. I will keep watch while the rest of you rest from your long sleep."

Hearing the Selkath master’s brief description left Vessan in an odd place. On one hand, he was happy the Republic had again built itself a military, but that was vastly eclipsed by the fact that it was now apparently hunting his Jedi brothers and sisters. Even worse, Sule believed he and his padawan were the only Jedi left in existence. It was not a comforting thought, and Vessan recalled the dark pall in the Force he had touched earlier upon thawing. It had been so black and complete that he had rejected it immediately because he would not have been able to fully comprehend it.

Te’lorn said a few words before leaving, and the Khil felt as her warm healing aura receded into the dark of the abandoned temple. He looked around at the few other Jedi present, before stepping toward the supply crate the Herglic Mipah had set down in the middle of the room. Brushing a few ration bars out of the way, he cringed a moment at the thought of what he would have to do to actually consume one of them. As his species had no jaws and hence no teeth, they were useless to him. Eyeing what appeared to be a nutrient paste tube, he uncapped it and downed the contents in one fast motion. It was probably bland, concentrated, and good for multiple servings, but considering the fact he hadn’t had a meal in the better part of a thousand years, he chose not to discriminate.

As he felt his body slowly recharging, he sat down on a clear bed and concentrated on easing the lingering hypersensitivity, a side effect of the carbon freeze.

Attempting to purge himself of the affliction, he weakened his technique in Force that kept him functionally insulated from it, as the Healer had suggested to him earlier. At once, he could almost hear through the ambient energy his former master’s voice. In truth, it was the only thing he tried to hear. Her soft tonality came through clearly like literal music to his ears. Taking a breath and closing his eyes he recalled her face. Her deep black eyes, short nose and perpetual knowing smirk reminded him of the only person he had ever allowed himself to love, and also allowed him to forget the now. He basked in the times they had laughed, cried, learned, and that one moment, forever lost to time, where he almost told her his feelings.

Tython, the Jedi, and the carbon freeze project could wait. Such elevated senses were an unpredictable and one-time occurrence, and he wasn’t going to allow her to slip away without saying goodbye one last time.

TAG: Medical Bay, Eveyone/No one in particular

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Jedi Temple, Tython

Lyra felt another quick spike within Mala, before it was quickly buried itself once more. She did not question it. Mala had to find his own path, to healing the ache he felt within him. While she could offer assistance, true healing would have to come from within.

"Thank you, my friend," he said quietly. Lyra nodded, offering another smile. "I doubt I will ever get over his death," the Lore Keeper added and ran a hand through his short hair, pushing back the bangs so they would cascade
    around his face when they fell back into place. "He was... special and there will be no other like him again."

Lyra again offered a simple nod. As she had never known the joys and sorrows of having to take care of a Padawan, she could only speculate on such a relationship. But she knew how strongly she felt, when one of her patients were
    endangered. Toward a child you raise as your own, it must be a thousands time worse. He pursed his lips before giving a brief smile as he turned to meet Lyra's gaze. "I probably should meditate, shouldn't I? I cannot remember
    the last time I had."

Lyra smiled. "Well, we are only 900 years behind on our meditations." she said with a chuckle. Mala continued, "I know you said I should not be alone in here, but I have always found the archives the best place for me to meditate. You can stay to keep an eye on me if you like, Lyra, but I won't be leaving them," here he gestured around them at the many rows of datastacks. His new children. The archives. Lyra looked around. Mala continued. "I'll be spending most of my time here anyway, I have to get this place running again and with either Vessan or Mipah's help I can find out what exactly Sentry had run into." His gaze shifted to the datacore and the bodiless head of the security droid. Lyra followed his gaze. Yes, that would be a most logical place to start. They needed information, and right now theirs was woefully out of date. The only thing that they had to go on, was the information from Master Sule, and Melina.

A brush. A soft touch brushed against her consciousness, only to retreat once more. Someone checking perhaps? It was not hostile, so Lyra noted it, but did not react to it.

"We do need leadership though and if Master Sule is not up to the task, then one of us must take charge. I recommend Vessan, his experience in the war is invaluable." Lyra nodded. "And as Master Sule is the only one who knows what is happening in this era, at the moment, it sounds reasonable. But I do wonder, if it is the current teachings that led to such a downfall. To have a Sith in the very mists of the Council, and no one noticed anything? Have the Sith of this era become so powerful?" Lyra mused.

But then she smiled. "But those are thoughts for later. But not now. Now, you MUST eat and rest." He gave her an amused grin. "And I WILL be back to check on you." she added softly, smiling.

Lyra then looked at the walls once more. What if they had to abandon this place? Would he leave the archives once
    more? It was a question she would keep to herself for now. She would hope that that would not become a reality. At
    least for now.

Lyra stayed until Mala began his meditations. She felt his torrent of emotions around him. And she felt something else. A deeper understanding of what was before her. Of the emotions that swirled around her. She blanked once more her healing Force once more, easing him into his meditations before she turned and slipped away to let him meditate.

She needed to check on the others, as they decided what their next course of action should be in the coming days.

TAG: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo BLemelisk Mitth_Fisto Skywalker_T-65 Genet-Cabur Kyramud

12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    ~GM Update~

IC: Melina Daltross
    Temple Hallway

It had been several days since Melina and her Master had first landed on Tython. An eventful few days to be sure, as a slight twinge in her shoulder reminded her. Her shoulder still hurt her, even now. Somehow, she doubted the pain would ever fully go away. Shaking her head slightly, Melina continued along a dimly lit hallway. One of the small things the group had done was get some of the ancient lighting working again. It was still dark, but they no longer needed to rely on lightsabers or the glow sticks to find their way around the ruined temple.

As she walked down the hall, Melina noticed a small group of the ancient Jedi ahead of her. She recognized Vessan, Mipah, and Palerma, the three of them seemingly deep in discussion. If she had to guess, it was about checking the hanger. The group had agreed to hold off on that until they were sure every member was recovered. And with Melina back on her feet...

"Knight Felian, Knight Sole, Knight Palerma," Melina greeted, "I overheard you talking about the hanger...my Master has finally given me permission to look it over, if you all want to come."

TAG: Mitth_Fisto , CmdrMitthrawnuruodo , BLemelisk

IC: Master Sule
    Temple Medbay

Sule sat on one of the beds in the medbay, eyes closed, legs crossed, and with his lightsaber floating disassembled in front of him. He was meditating, trying to get a feel for what was going on outside of Tython...or indeed, even outside of the Temple itself. Two of the Ancient Jedi (as Sule and Melina had taken to calling them...though the subject of the name didn't quite like it) had gone missing...Noro, and a Twi'lek that Sule hadn't met before she had left the Temple. Add into that the...Dark Jedi that attacked Melina, and the ever present fear of the Clones...and one could easily see why he was doing what he was.

As the Selkath Jedi flowed along the currents of the Force, he found it harder than it had been, even at the height of the Clone Wars. While Tython itself held a very neutral position in the Force, the Galaxy at large was so dark...tiny pinpricks of light were all that remained of the Jedi Order. And every day that Sule had spent on Tython, the lights grew dimmer and fewer in number. Even though he no longer believed himself and Melina to be the last survivors of the Post-Ruusan Order (as he had taken to thinking of his own generation compared to the Ancient Jedi), it was painfully obvious how quick the numbers were shrinking.

Letting out a deep sigh, Sule opened his eyes and caught his reassembled lightsaber. Sitting around and mediating wasn't helping anything, so he got to his feet and set out in search of the other Jedi. They had to make a plan, regardless of if it was just restoring the Temples on Tython.

TAG: Ktala, The_Zeltron , Yuul_Shamar , Genet-Cabur Kyramud

/hr]

[COLOR=#ff0000]IC: Nemo[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Secondary Temple[/COLOR]

Nemo was a busy man, as he moved supplies through the halls of the secondary Temple. He had been staying in the temple for days now, recovering his strength, and fortifying the building on the off chance the Jedi came exploring. As of yet, they had ignored the building, which gave Nemo the time he needed to work. Though, he doubted he'd ever fully recover. He still had coughing fits, most likely from pushing his body too far.

But by calling on the darkness that now covered the Galaxy, he could keep himself going easily enough. Right now, he was carrying supplies to the large hanger in the Temple. He had found a pair of intact Aurek class fighters, though he was no technician, so he didn't know if they could still fly. Hence the supplies...while he wasn't a technician, Nemo [I]did[/I] have two fighters to work on. So he was bringing in supplies to work on the first Aurek he found, to see if he could get it airworthy again. After all, with all the darkness in the Galaxy...leaving Tython behind would let him blend in perfectly...and maybe he could even join whoever had destroyed the Jedi in the first place.

[COLOR=#ff0000]TAG: No one (directly) [USER=1374548]Chewbacca89[/USER] and [USER=1266316]Rebecca_Daniels[/USER] for the GM Update[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000080][/COLOR]

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mala Palerma

Jedi Temple, Tython

Mala Palerma spent much of the last several days in the Jedi Archives, working with Vessan and Mipah in getting the ancient repository back online and running again. With their help he was able to restore the old retrieval and search engines and access the databanks stored below the Temple grounds, but that still did not resolve the issue of data corruption caused from centuries of neglect. Had these archives been tended to over the last thousand years, parts and data stacks would have been replaced with newer technology both as upgrades and simply replacement parts. But because there had been no one to tend to the archives, they too slowly decayed along with the rest of the temple.​

Much to Mala's bereavement.

On a side note, he and the two Knights were able to repair Sentry's datacore and restore the droid's memory to access the last entries the machine had made before it's untimely demise. What they found disturbed the Lore Keeper. The man that had attacked Melina and the sentry droid had been trained in the Jedi arts, but the fury in which he expressed told them that he was no Jedi. Mala had never seen the man before and didn't know who he was. All he had to go on were the images and that this darksider had been contained, obviously in carbonite.​

"I have the archives searching the databanks for any matches to this man," Mala pointed out as the three stood outside of the archives. "If he's still in there and why he was contained here, of all places, then the archives should have something on him. We'll know in a few hours. I've also done some research on Noro while you two were tinkering with Sentry's head..."​

He would have continued except for the interruption by the Padawan. "Knight Felian, Knight Sole, Knight Palerma," Melina greeted, "I overheard you talking about the hanger...my Master has finally given me permission to look it over, if you all want to come."​

Mala blinked once and quirked a brow at the Padawan. "You three go on ahead. I still have things to do in the archives plus I want to find out where this darksider was contained just in case the archives have nothing on him."​

TAG: Skywalker_T-65 BLemelisk Mitth_Fisto

Chewbacca89, I need data on Noro and his master.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  14. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    IC: Vessan Felian
    Hallway to Hangar Bay, Jedi Temple, Tython

It had been a slow-going couple of days. A day or two after their thawing the initial shock of the situation started to dull. Vessan had put himself to work immediately after Te’lorn gave him the go-ahead, as the skilled Jedi Healer had helped him in small sessions to overcome his hibernation sickness. There were some lingering symptoms, but nothing he couldn’t handle on his own at this point.

In the ensuing days he, Mala Palerma, and Mipah Sol had formed a small team and had worked on restoring this temple’s archives to at least a shadow of their former glory. Setbacks in the process had stressed out the group nearly to the max, and if it hadn’t been for their side project of pulling the visual data for the final minutes of the Sentry droid’s life, Vessan was certain he would have started using some of Palerma’s non-functional data stacks as lightsaber practice.

Upon viewing the footage, they had ascertained that the attacker of the human female Padawan had clearly been some sort of Dark Jedi that appeared to have been contained somewhere within the sprawling temple complex. The assailant had displayed some keen lightsaber skill before ending the droid’s recording, and therefore its life, before presumably fleeing into Tython’s wilderness.

It unnerved Vessan not only that such a dangerous individual had been apparently part of the freezing project, but also that no one who had viewed the holovid could identify him. This had led to the notion of moving to secure the temple’s hangar, and seeing what types of vessels were present, if any. Keeping the dark attacker on-world was of paramount importance, especially in light of the news of the Republic’s purge of the present Jedi Order, and the assumption that Tython was now an uncharted world.

"I have the archives searching the databanks for any matches to this man, if he's still in there and why he was contained here, of all places, then the archives should have something on him. We'll know in a few hours. I've also done some research on Noro while you two were tinkering with Sentry's head..."

Before Palerma could finish, the now-recovered Padawan Melina approached at a brisk walk, "Knight Felian, Knight Sole, Knight Palerma. I overheard you talking about the hanger...my Master has finally given me permission to look it over, if you all want to come."

"You three go on ahead. I still have things to do in the archives plus I want to find out where this darksider was contained just in case the archives have nothing on him." Palerma opted out first, but Vessan had expected as much. There was still much fact-finding to be done, and if anyone understood knowledge was power, it was the Lore Keeper. He was just as interested as Palerma in finding out exactly what the little Bothan might be up to, considering what Knight Briiana had seen him doing after the first skirmish outside.

Vessan nodded to the Lore Keeper, before focusing his attention on Melina. ”Permission?” he snorted, “I trust we can handle ourselves. I think you should let me take the lead though.” The Khil gestured toward her injured shoulder. Ever the strategist, the last thing he wanted was one of the group’s effective combatants to be wounded again while still recovering. He then turned to the massive Mipah with a whistled laugh, “And I can’t cover you.”

TAG: CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Mitth_Fisto, Skywalker_T-65

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Private Room near Medbay - Jedi Temple, Tython

The next few days after their awakening, proved quite busy for the Healer. After Master Sule's offer, she was able to rest and recover, getting past the effects of most of the carbon freezing. She also managed to check on the others, making sure that everyone else was getting better as well. She made sure they ate, and had plenty to drink, now that they had a chance to get some of the power diverted, to light the way. Also, they had managed to find the meal area, and thank the Force that they did remember to stock the area, so that soon they were able to eat something that wasnt a ration bar or paste. And that did quite well to raise some spirits. Many of the others spent their time in meditations, just as she had.

Lyra noted that Master Sule spent much of his time in the medbay area, in meditations. She could understand why. But from talking with him, it became apparent that others of the order had indeed escaped, but it was a very small number indeed. Lyra knew that Mala would be better in the archives, so with him, she checked to access what the archives did have on the blueprints to the temple, and surrounding area. Her memory was getting better every day, of what she remembered of the old temple, but she wanted to be sure of what was accessible to them. On the plus side, she found herself a room, she could claim as her own. And within a few days, she had brought in several plants indoors with her. It gave her a more peaceful place for her meditations. And there was much to meditate about. With what seemed to be happening to the galaxy at large, Lyra realized that soon, they would have to come to an decision. With Jedi now being the hunted, not only by the Sith it seemed, but by the ruling body currently in command, would make things much more difficult. They no longer had access to any other temple resources, which meant that anything on Tython, would have to be protected. As of right now, they had no allies. No information on how the rest of the galaxy viewed the Jedi. And there was still the nasty business of what had happened when they had first woke up. Lyra frowned. Why had the Bothan turned on them? Carbon sickness, or something else? Something that the council missed? And speaking of missed, why had the Council put something potentially dangerous so close to them? Or perhaps, THEY didnt even know of what was nearby? Truly troubling. She had heard some of the others talk about checking the hangers for ships. After 900 years, she could imagine that the ships, if any, would woefully be slow. And even worse, stand out like a green nerf.

The Healer sighed softly, as she rose, leaving her own area. Another thing she had done, was to make sure the Medbay area was a secure area, just in case. She could control the doors from the inside. She made sure that some of the supplies they had found, and food were stored there as well. A few plants decorated the inside, freshening the air within. Air scrubbers, and other essentials she tried to make sure were working. She also was happy to help with the cooking of the meals as well. She didnt try to push her assistance, as everyone had their own timetable for them to come to terms of what was going on. But she at least kept a careful eye on them, as the days passed. In another area, she managed to find other clothing..their own clothing that seemed to have been stored in another room of the temple. That was good. Lyra wondered if any of the smaller droids or drones were still working? Possibly stored. Things like the lightsaber practice droids, or the smaller units. Something that could help to take over some of the more mundane things, while they sought out other answers. Lyra would like to explore the surface of Tython, to see just what was available to them. After all, if the temple had placed them here, as an secondary plan, then ... Lyra thought of the last discussions she had been privy to. Yes. There had to be that.

TAG: Anyone, @Skywalker_T-65

16. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    IC: Noro
    Noro’s Cave, Tython

Noro was crouched over the fire, stoking it. with a metal poker. He was in his cave with Jedi Master Wroostri Glarn and Jedi Knight Filyn Suna. The latter lay on the couch by the fire, recovering from the carbonite sickness. The former sat at the console station in the corner of the room researching for the upcoming events.

A few days had passed since they had awakened into this new world. A few long days, that is. At first it had been nice to have time to recover from their 1000 year-long journey. Filyn had followed him back to the cave and, promptly after arriving, had passed out where she stood. The poor Twi’lek was clearly in need of recovery.

For his part, Wroostri had taken care of Filyn and worked to make sure she stayed hydrated and well nourished. Noro had assisted in a small capacity, but his main task had been to make sure the Aurek-class tactical strikefighter, The Zugzwang, was running. After a few days he had finally gotten it to a safe operational status. And still Filyn slept.

The day after that, he and Wroostri had started the fire, as Filyn’s temperature had begun to drop. The rest of the day was spent in quiet discussion as the two determined the best way to confront the Twi’lek with their plan. Noro had argued that honesty would be best to convince her of their passion for the mission. His Master had eventually agreed. They had begun research on the recent happenings in the galaxy after Wroostri had entered the Temple archives system through a hidden "back-door" he had set up. Then he nervously branched out onto the net. This was extremely risky, but the two were cautious and disconnected after a short while.

Now it was late in the evening and Noro was adding more wood to the fire to ensure it would burn through the night and keep Filyn warm. Medically speaking, she was fine. She simply continued to sleep. Noro was growing restless. He was anxious to continue with the plan he had started. Jedi Mala Palerma was no doubt hunting for them in the archives. But it was vital they acquire Filyn’s support before they went any farther.

He stared at her, lying on her back with her hands folded across her abdomen. Her light green skin was glistening in the firelight and shone like emeralds. Her lekku were draped around her frame. Noro immediately got uncomfortable as he realized his stares might be considered inappropriate. He turned away, but still pictured her beauty his mind’s eye. He went over to his old Master and leaned over his shoulder and read the console screen.

Suddenly Filyn began to stir, and the movement caught Noro’s attention. He walked back to her side and knelt down. “Filyn, can you hear me? Are you okay?”

TAG: Rebecca_Daniels, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

17. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Calen Sirion
    Medbay, Jedi Temple, Tython

It was a pleasant dream, a good dream, that he dreaming right now. Not that he thought he was dreaming at the moment. He was running about the grassy fields outside a temple complex that was by no means in a state of ruin along with some of the other children, a few of whom were also padawans like he was. It was nothing more than a simple game of tag, albeit one with force sensitive and training children who occasionally put on supernatural bursts of speed or other displays of enhanced physical abilities in the course of it. His master was off doing something, probably another meeting with the other jedi, there had been a lot of those lately, and since he had been left with no given tasks he was free to spend it with the others. He remembered the time one of the other young padawans had come up with the idea to play it inside the main temple. It hadn't turned out well at all, though it was funny to think of it now, months later.

Just as he was about to catch the person he was after, being it and all, the game was broken up by some of the returning masters from whatever the meeting had been about. "Calen." The voice seemed to echo and distort, becoming impossibly vague even as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around, somewhat curious at the serious tone in the voice, the only distinguishable characteristic, looking up into the figure's blurring face. "Yes Master?" Though he couldn't see the face through the blur affect, he could feel he reverberations of sorrow and anger, though not at him, but at some of the other masters. "There's something we need to discuss." The last word seemed to bounce around endlessly echoing, becoming like a sharp blade, a feeling of wrongness, and just like that Calen realized it was nothing more than a dream...

His silver eyes snapped open, staring at an obviously old ceiling, but with the look of it being recently cleaned. The air had a distinctively clear smell to it that he associated with air scrubbers. Despite the age of the ceiling, it looked vaguely familiar as he slowly blinked his eyes, the shot of adrenaline that course through him upon waking urging him to take in a sharp breath before it calmed back down. He was laying on something too soft for stone flooring, but still a bit firm. A moment later his hands felt at cloth, sheets or blankets, a glance down confirmed it as he looked at the too white bedding reserved for the infirmary or medbay, depending on whom you asked. He reached up with one of his hands, pulling it from beneath the covers, to rub at his eyes. His thoughts turned to the dream as he did so, the ending of it, with his former master, a memory he now had back, resonated with negative emotions. Something had happened afterwards, possibly what led to him being frozen in carbonite. The young padawan involuntarily shivered at the thought of that cold feeling again.

His stomach rumbled painfully and he wondered how long it had been since he had eaten anything. The dry feeling at the back of his throat had the young padawan add that to his list as well before he remembered he hadn't even had anything since before however he ended up in carbonite. He took a moment to feel with his senses, barely contained to just the main temple by some miracle he was unsure of. The how suddenly became very unimportant in the face of feeling a familiar aura. His eyes opened again and he turned to see Briiana at one side. He opened his mouth, two words competing to get out, one her name, the other a title, before he finally asked both vocally and through a still open link, "Master?"

Tag: The_Zeltron, Ktala, Skywalker_T-65, anyone that might be in the medbay.

Ktala and The_Zeltron like this.
  18. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Mipah Sole
    Temple Aurek, Hallway near Hanger

Taking time to talk was a nice diversion Sole had to admit, as his earlier estimate that his abilities were needed and paths were clear had rung true. Even with hibernation sickness affecting his eyes and needing to rest more regularly than he was used to he had been kept busy. The building had needed fortified, minor equipment repairs, and then there was the archives. Those had seemed almost like the act of tending to a wounded comrads padawan than merely restoring another machine setup as best he could. The association might of been brought about by the archivasts care and devotion in staying so long and often with the achives rather than socializing with the other Jedi, but it was brought to rest there by the way he had had to open Sentries core and connect it through various means to be able to allow them all to view the last grizly moments of the droids life. Already he doubted he could bring Sentry all the way back, the droids central memory and processing stacks seemed likely beyond restoration, or at least were with the starship tools of Master Sules that he carried with him.

The whole project had been a hard one, and likely if not for hibernation sickness, galaxy in peril, missing Jedi, wounded Jedi, evil Jedi loose, and Mala's protectiveness of the archives he might of been overwhelmed by pleasure. Yet with those things, particularly the last, he sometimes had felt strong emotions and a near desire to wreck instead of work on the archives. It was a good thing there team had held a third member in pursuing this goal, as the Knight Vessan helped ease those tensions and in many ways became an intermediary to keep his own emotions in check.

Mala, the Lore Keeper, was just relating the potential for fruit from the partly restored archives to learn the man's identity, as well as leading into knowledge of Noro who had gone missing first. Perhaps there was something of interest there, but he would not know it within this hour, of this he felt a safe bet as the Masters padawan, well on her way to mending from her wounds thanks to the Healer among their group, interrupted. Despite being 'older than space lanes' he felt a twinge of disapproval at the padawans interrupting a Knight in the middle of his talking. An irk that he did not notice in the others so much. Still he fingered the back straps he had improvised to carry the tool box secure on his back. A link to his purpose that followed him constantly as much as the lightclub on his hip, both were equal parts of him and still off kilter in surity of some basic facts and memories from prior to waking he was comforted to have them with him. Especially as that meant none of the others could mess up one of the precious few tools they had working without him knowing who did the deed, and how it happened. Knowing how something broke gave him a better chance to fix it than not.

The padawan shared their 'permission' to enter the hanger. At this he hrrmphed and quickly in succession the Lore Keeper declined to keep watch of the archives information retrieval efforts, and Vessan retorted to the word choice of permission before softening it with humor to his size. One which Sole quickly bobbed his large head in agreement with, and a slight blush "Yes, I thought we waited because of the archives and storage for needs be precedence." Stepping back to step aside so the Padawan could pass and follow Vessan he added, "I can care for myself, if we get in trouble just let me know which way has the most room for me to fit through." with a wink he waited for the group to proceed. He had no contention with the Lore Keeper's choice, nor the good humor of Vessan that had soothed his own sensitivities the past couple of days.

TAG: Skywalker_T-65, BLemelisk, CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

19. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    IC: Briiana Shapur - Temples - Tython

It had been several long days since Calen had first passed out, and during that time Briiana had taken care that he wanted for nothing she could give him. After a few hours spent in the room she had found, she'd finally taken him back to the medbay, and laid him on a bed before going in search of water. When she returned, she began her vigil, giving him water with some nutrients added as often as she felt was safe. As she was still avoiding the healer, she couldn't ask for instructions, but he seemed to be doing alright. More than once, she reached out to him mentally, checking to see if he was still with her, but getting no response. She knew he was alive, but that hardly made the lack of reply less jarring.

Briiana had passed out after the first couple nights beside him. When she awoke, she'd realized she was going to have to tend to herself occasionally if she didn't want to give up her place at his side. Over the next few days, she made sure to eat at least once a day, and slept, or at least attempted to sleep, when night fell. Over and over, she wondered what had made him pass out. Padawans didn't just lose consciousness for no reason, last time she checked. Besides, as the days continued with no sign of improvement, she knew it couldn't be something as simple as basic exhaustion. Was he in a coma? She couldn't tell. Her awareness still encircled his, protecting it from anything that might try to intrude, and thus lengthen this... whatever it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Master?" Briiana started awake, raising her head to meet the silver eyes of her Padawan. "Calen!" Intense weariness was in her eyes, but she tried to wipe it away. She wanted to just be glad he was finally awake. Tears pooled in her eyes, but were quickly dashed away. "How are you feeling? You've been out for a few days." Trying to inject some humor, as usual, she mentally added, //And I'm sure I look like I should've been.// "We can go find the others? Or would you rather stay here?" She tried to slow down, but it was almost impossible. There was still so much to wonder, to ask, to understand.... She pulled it all under, hard. Anger was usually her best friend, the easiest means to control herself, but how could she remain angry when she was just with Calen? She couldn't let that affect him.... So now what did she do? Attempting to figure that out only made her more angry... She forced herself to relax, returning her attention to him. Maybe she just needed to rest.

Tag: Yuul_Shamar, Ktala, Skywalker_T-65, anyone that might be in the medbay

Ktala and Yuul_Shamar like this.
  20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Medbay - Jedi Temple, Tython

Lyra kept an eye on both Calen and Briiana, even if it was quite obvious that Briiana did not want any help. It simply
    did not mater what the young Knight wanted. Calen and Briiana were exhausted, dealing with being frozen for far too long, and lack of food. Lyra kept an eye on Calen, when Briiana was unconscious. And she made sure that food or water was left near the pair, but otherwise kept clear of them unless she felt it was warranted.

Lyra wondered about the young student. It could be something as simple shock that had put him in this state. Finding out you are 900 year out of your own time, and that everything you every cared about was dead or destroyed was certainly a shock to ANY system. Coupled to being essentially YANKED from their carbon sleep, and then immediately attacked upon, could certainly overload a young mind.

Lyra was tending to one of the plants in the ward, when she felt a swirl of consciousness close to her.

"Master?" It was Calen. Lyra looked over for a moment, but she then turned away, and quietly slipped into one of the
    outer rooms of the healer's ward. Briiana was already stirring. She would give them their time alone for the moment. Most of the others had been eating normally now, and she had been mentally monitoring the others, scanning them within the Force, to make sure that no other 'surprises' found them.

So Lyra sat down, and began looking at the medbay records that Mala had recovered. She began to scan the records for possible other effects of prolonged Carbon storage. But of course, since she did not believe anyone else had ever been frozen the length that they had been, she doubted that anything revelant would be there. She had already adjusted their diet, to help the others compensate for certain lack of vitamins and such during their sleep. Once she was no longer needed in the medical ward, she would move on to the next project she had in mind, unless other plans came to bear.

Tag: The_Zeltron, Yuul_Shamar, Skywalker_T-65, anyone that might be in the medbay.

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  21. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Filyn Suna
    Noro's Cave

There had been barely a few moments to look around Noro's sanctuary before the physical tolls of her hundreds of years in carbonite made themselves known. Whether it was from overexertion or biology or some other factor, she didn't know, and it didn't matter, as she found herself swiftly falling into unconsciousness.

Her dreams were vivid and filled with an impenetrable darkness, echoing and lifeless and unending. Above all, inescapable, with only the light of her own presence to offer any sort of comfort. Gradually the darkness faded away, and Filyn found herself blinking in the light of wherever she was. She turned her head, trying to figure out her surroundings, when a familiar voice eased her concerns.

“Filyn, can you hear me? Are you okay?”

She propped herself up on her elbows, drawing on the Force to revitalise her body after what felt like being unconscious far too long, and shook her head slightly to clear it.

"I'm fine, I think," Filyn said, and looked over at Noro. "How long was I out?" Already she was feeling more awake, more alive than she had since waking from carbonite.

TAG: Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  22. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004

"Calen!" He realized after a moment, that she had been resting, she looked tired, how long had she been here? "How are you feeling? You've been out for a few days." His eyes shot open. He had been out that long? Now that he thought of it, it explained how the medbay was looking at least slightly how he remembered it. Before he could ask however Briiana added over the mental link, 'And I'm sure I look like I should've been.' A sound that was half giggle and half laugh escaped him for the moment before he remembered other concerns that stopped it as he thought about it. He glanced about the rest of the infirmary looking but didn't see her. "We can go find the others? Or would you rather stay here?" He contemplated that for a moment as he sat up in the bed, silver eyes now a bit more awake. His stomach rumbled almost painfully again, but that could wait with something more important that needed answering. He had been meaning to since he awoke after all. "Master, is Melina all right?" It was almost an exclamation, not for noise but for the rushed urgency of it.

He put a hand to his stomach again as he remembered it had literally been years since he had last eaten anything. He hoped they had found food supplies somewhere, but if not he remembered a few of plants and fruits of the forest that were edible. He looked back to his master, Briiana's, face as he thought about that and waited for an answer just to be certain.

Tag: The_Zeltron, Ktala, anyone else in the medbay vicinity.

The_Zeltron likes this.
  23. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    IC: Jedi Noro
    Tython, Noro's Lair

Noro let a smile cross his face, if only for a moment. "You were out for a few days. You passed out as soon as we arrived." Master Glarn came walking over to the couch and checked some or the vitals on Filyn. "Let me get you some medication I made earlier. It should help wake you up and revitalize you." The Ryn shuffled over to a shelf and added a few vials to a cup of water. Noro turned back to Filyn. "Jedi Suna. I promised you answers and now you will get them. What do you wish to know?" As he finished, Master Glarn shuffled back over and handed her the cup. "Drink up, my young Jedi, and we shall get down to business."

Tag: Rebecca_Daniels

24. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    IC: Briiana Shapur - Temples - Tython

Calen seemed amused at her comment, as Briiana had intended, but he became serious again almost immediately. He appeared to be doing better, though, as he sat up without any assistance, looking around the medbay. Briiana's eyes never left him. She didn't want him to pass out on her again. After a minute, he rapidly asked, "Master, is Melina all right?"

Briiana gave a small smile. "Yes, Padawan, she's doing fine. She left her bed already, and seems to be quite well." Her gaze followed his hand to his stomach, and she remembered that he still hadn't eaten yet. Reaching toward the tray that had been beside them when she awoke the first time, she picked up the first thing she happened upon that was easy to digest, and offered it to him. "Here, Calen, we found some food. I think the healer left it for you." She knew the healer had probably left it for both of them, but she had her old ration bars, and they seemed to have been preserved as well as herself. They provided her with everything she needed to stay alive without having to go through the process of eating... something she really wasn't feeling up to while she waited anxiously for Calen to awake. Now that he was awake, food was hardly important, at least for her.

Tag: Yuul_Shamar, Ktala, anyone else in the medbay vicinity

Yuul_Shamar likes this.
  25. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004

"Yes, Padawan, she's doing fine. She left her bed already, and seems to be quite well." He had hoped and thought as much, but having it confirmed took a weight of the young padawan's mind that he had not been entirely aware of being there until it departed. He visibly relaxed at the news, although with his worries vanished and dismissed other concerns found their way to the forefront such as being hungry. He had not payed too much attention at the start, his concern for the other padawan paramount, but with such things dealt with it came into focus. Briiana seemed to follow his train of thought, though it was more probable his hand going to his stomach got her attention. "Here, Calen, we found some food. I think the healer left it for you." He took the offered food gratefully, and quite hungrily given the way he snatched it from her hands as soon as it was offered, had he thought of it, and not been so hungry he would have apologized profusely. It was simple in terms of foodstuffs, thought that did not in the slightest keep it from tasting like the best thing he had ever eaten.

After the first item on the tray, he slowed down to a much more normal speed with the rest, using the proffered water to wash the rest of it down. When he was done, he was somewhat embarrassed with himself as he saw the crumbs scattered in his lap. He'd have to clean that up later. Instead his silver eyes turned back to his new master, though when he had begun to think of her like that was unclear, it was nonetheless heartfelt. After a moment, thinking as best he could through all the questions he wanted to ask he went for one that covered most of them. It took a moment for him to phrase it right and get it out, though despite his efforts it still came out in a bit of a rush. "What happened Master? How long was I, well out? What's been going on?" He had shot most of them out in the space of a few seconds and so afterwards he said, embarrassed, "Sorry Master."

Tag: The_Zeltron, Ktala, Skywalker_T-65

The_Zeltron likes this.