main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton The RPG thread... Looking for dates to get together for BerX's campaign.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Okay, I waited three days after suggesting the 19th so I'll take that to mean that that is acceptable to everyone (and so far it looks like the only day anyway).

So everyone knows this will be taking place at Troy's (I'll get him to PM or post his addy to everyone who's coming). As for what time I'd like to suggest 2pm.

Rides can also be provided. :) (assuming the weather's not too bad)

2. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    I wouldn't mind hosting. In fact, that will increase the chance that I'll be able to play (no need to coordinate what Rachel is doing, etc.).

I'll say by the middle of next week (at the latest) which weekends are best for me.

3. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Sounds good. :)

(Rides can still be provided if anyone needs to get to Troy's)

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Any other takers? If anyone wants to learn I'm more than happy to teach. I can even get together for an hour or two to go over the basics if anyone wants...

Please...? :(

5. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
  6. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Feb 5th/6th is out. I'm not in town.

7. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    If I don't leave for reading break then I am in :) You will have to let me know when we can do it for sure so I don't make plans, so far (Besides games night at my place) every weekend is open.

I don't have my character though, I just looked.

8. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Okay, Troy.

This would have been for a campaign I tried to run last spring/summer. Only John, Alex and Troy were at that one Danny. You'd need to make a new character anyway.

It looks like I'll have to make a new campaign then. I'll know what weekend we're going to do this when everyone can agree on one. How does the weekend of February 19/20th look? Or saturday the 12th?

9. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    At this point, either is fine with me.

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Sweet.

Okay, I used my recent forced downtime to do an outline for the entire campagin and flesh-out my first two adventures (possibly one if we go long enough).

This one's going to be set in roughly the same time period as my last live game. That is, just before the events of Dark Empire (or just between Heir to the Empire and the Jedi Academy Trilogy). I've got room in the party for one Jedi for now and others can take Jedi levels later. It'd also be great if someone can take on a smuggler archetype (Scoundrel class who would get their own stock YT-1300 to start). The starting level for all characters would be 3 or 4. I haven't completely decided yet.

Anyway, let me know what you think... If more than one person wants to start out as the Jedi then let me know. I might be able to squeeze in more Jedi ;)

11. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Well you know me... I always enjoy playing a scoundrel... I think I still have my old character too... although I wouldn't mind even bringing Asp out of retirement.

Sorry about not responding earlier... I have been kinda waiting to find out what is happening with my Mom and when she is going to be going into the hospital etc, but we are STILL waiting for some tests, so I figured I better respond now...

Jan. 29th/30th - unavailable
    Feb. 5th/6th - available
    Feb. 19th/20th - available
    Feb. 26th/27th - unavailable

Please keep in mind that I say "available" but if my mom is in the hospital, please understand that I won't be attending... ;) :D

12. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I was also thinking of a way to use the internet and our website as a tool to be able to keep track of the game.

Would it help if we were to have some sort of "online" reflection of our characters, that we keep updated with all stats and equipment after each adventure/session to make it easier for you, the GM, to keep track of our characters and what we need? It might make it easier to plan encounters if you know what skills/abilities we have.

Just a thought.

13. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Please keep in mind that I say "available" but if my mom is in the hospital, please understand that I won't be attending...

Of course :)

Would it help if we were to have some sort of "online" reflection of our characters, that we keep updated with all stats and equipment after each adventure/session to make it easier for you, the GM, to keep track of our characters and what we need? It might make it easier to plan encounters if you know what skills/abilities we have.

That's actually a really good idea. It would be easier then photocopying your guys' character sheets everytime you level up.

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I think it's important to have a date set here so people can ensure they don't make plans for whatever weekend they choose. So far the weekend of the 19th looks best.

(still waiting to hear from Steve too)

15. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Yeah, the weekend of 19 Feb looks good. My house, then?

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
  17. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Bump for edit :)

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    This in 10 days ppl. Still waiting to hear from Danny and Steve if they can make it for sure. :)

19. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I dont exactly know how I would get there, or where even know wherethere is exactly.

Where do you live Troy?

20. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Good point... I don't know where you live either, Troy...

21. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I should be able to make it...

22. Tohrgan_Fex

Nov 27, 2002
    Basement-11133 126 St.

If you're going east on 111 Ave, turn left on 126 St. It's a duplex on the right.

Come around to the side door. There are two doorbells, but the TOP one rings the basement.

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Copy that. See everyone on Saturday :)

24. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Do we need to create new characters, or just bring the old ones that we have?

25. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    You'll be creating new characters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.