main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast The Second Annual Star Wars Fan Awards hosted by Docking Bay 516

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by StarFromIHJ, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    Docking Bay 516 The Long Island Fan Force chapter is hosting the second annual Star Wars Fan Awards on April 4, 2009 at Long Island's I-CON Convention. Join us for an entertaining show of Star Wars costumed characters, fan films, live acts, and some special guests - Oh yes, and some awards. Fans can vote for the awards in an on-line poll which will be operational in February.

Right now we are accepting submissions for fan participation in four categories. Deadline for entries is February 8, 2009.

To enter: send a jpg of your entry, a description, your name, email address, and Fan Force club name to chapterrep@db516.com You do not have to be present at the awards to win. Good luck.

1. Best Fan Force member costume

2 Favorite Star Wars themed food (your own creation)

3 Favorite Fan Force Fan Film (your own creation)(send a link)

4. Best Star Wars fan created Artwork

2. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh FF will be there! (You've been warned lol) We had lots of fun last year and are looking forward to this year.

I do challenge your numbering, though. First NE FF awards were in Jersey, then Pittsburgh hosted it two years running, then last year and this year in Long Island. So this should be the Fifth Annual Fan Awards. (yeah, you guys changed the name from North East FanForce Awards to Star Wars Fan Awards, but still seems pretty much the same thing.) :D

3. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey Christine you guys are the best. It'll be great to hang out with you all again and we'll have to do a Fan Force dinner once again.
    If you have anything you'd like to see at the SW Fan Awards, please let us know as were currently writing the script of skits and categories etc.
    Hmmmn 5th annual FF Awards? We'll I guess if there isnt another FF awrads this year, we are it again. --Billy

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Chris these arent the same thing as the Official FF awards we have done in the past. Its something separate hosted by dockingbay. :) so technically their numbers are correct :) lol

I heard last year went well so glad to see they have continued again for more fun. Good luck to everyone :)

As far as the regular FanForce Awards for the region Im not quite sure what will become of those. Will have to post something soon regarding that. I dont forsee them happening this year, I do greatly appreciate all the support in the past. :) Thanks again to everyone and again Kudos to LI for continuing the the fun :) Good luck !

5. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I-CON is changing locations for the first time in twenty years. Unfortunately, do to this move they are still trying to adjust to their new location. They were unable to secure a room large enough for what we needed. Due to this fact, the Fan Awards are being postponed to 2010's I-CON . Hopefully everything will be more settled next year and we will be able to obtain a room large enough for our needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.