main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Sith in Disney Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Dec 8, 2012.

1. TheDarkSyde

TheDarkSyde Jedi Padawan

Feb 27, 2013
    Ok, you make a good point. What if Luke became the new Sith Lord. Now that would be awesome :3

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've always though the whole point of Luke is that unlike Anakin, he's uncorruptable.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah Luke turning to the dark side would completely destroy his character arc through the OT. He resisted the dark side twice and brought his father back from it so for him to just turn off-screen would be... well, just no.

4. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    The idea of Luke turning to the dark side would be like Yoda turning to the dark side. The idea is incomprehensible.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It depends for me. If we managed to get a villain as successfully omnipotent as Palpatine was, I could see Luke entering into an ideological challenge with him-a sort of 'prove why your way is better' contest.

Becoming a real, full-blown Sith Lord? No.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
  7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    If any of the Skywalkers would make a terrific villain, its Leia. She would be strong of will, tough, manipulative and humble.

8. LordNagaSadow

LordNagaSadow Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2013

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    That would destroy the whole plot of the OT and the story of Anakin; the son is/was meant to redeem the father.

Darth Claire and darklordoftech like this.
  10. JediGaskin

JediGaskin Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2012
    That would be interesting to watch... haha! :D

11. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    How about a dark side god with an army of dead sith lords or some type of invasion from a species outside the galaxy billions of these force sensitive monsters that are stronger than the emperor.

12. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Until more news is released, the only way I can see the Sith working in the new films is with an appearance from Darth Plagueis. I know that he is dead and I dislike resurrections as much as the next guy, but given his abilities to manipulate life, seeing him return in some form or another actually wouldn't be all too far fetched.

Darth kRud likes this.
  13. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    The slogan on this poster might answer your questions [​IMG]

Sent via my astromech droid

14. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    The Sith are extinct, but that doesn't mean there can't be individuals trying to bring back the Sith Order.

I'm sure there must be a thread for us to post our own story ideas for the ST, but I can't find it. If anyone can direct me to it, much obliged. :)

For anyone who's interested, here are the little ideas I've come up with...

A Force-sensitive being has been learning the ways of The Force through ancient Sith lore and teachings. Along the way he learns the truth of the Skywalker lineage. Through a political mouthpiece (maybe John Noble's character?), who isn't a Force-sensitive being themselves (otherwise we'd just have another Palpatine on our hands), the truth is revealed to the galaxy.

I can see him saying something like: "The hero of the Rebel Alliance, Luke Skywalker, and the leader of the New Republic, Leia Organa-Skywalker-Solo (whatever her name will be :p) are the children of Anakin Skywalker, who in reality was... Darth Vader."

He'd then go on to say: "The Old Republic was betrayed by a practitioner of the mystical arts of The Force. People of the New Republic... we must make sure that history DOES NOT repeat itself."

This revelation would throw everything into disarray. Leia would be booted off the senate. Luke and his new Jedi Order would be surrounded by mistrust.

In the end, Luke is confronted by the would-be Sith, now calling himself Darth Renatus (Renatus is the Latin word for "rebirth" :p).

Renatus: "You kept the Jedi religion alive... I am keeping the Sith Order alive."

I see Darth Renatus as the answer to the question 'What would Luke have been like if he had joined the Dark Side?' He's a young man with a hell of a lot of potential with The Force. Having learnt the ways of The Force from scriptures alone, he has no real master and would just be pure, unguided rage. Think 'The Dark Side Beckons' Luke from ROTJ all day, every day.

The young pretender kills Luke (controversial :p) in the confrontation.

All this leads to Luke's adopted child (I don't like the idea of Luke being married and having biological children) and the Solo child/children/grandchildren desperate to find his killer and reveal the REAL truth to the galaxy.

As for Darth Renatus' grand plan? I haven't got that far yet. :p

I'd love to hear other people's own ideas for the ST story.

EDIT: The reason I see Luke dying is because Lucas always said that everything rhymes. In the first episode of every trilogy, a master/father figure has been killed by a Sith. In Episode IV, it was Obi-Wan. In Episode I, it was Qui-Gon. In Episode VII, it has to Luke, doesn't it?

15. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    Nah cant we just have vader back some way or another

Sent via my astromech droid

16. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    That's what Yoda thought in the prequels when he said the sith had been gone for 1,000 years. I can see Lucas pulling big phuc yoo and making the new films (with his 'treatments') center around silly droids and bounty hunters but I think the new trilogy is going to be darker, as in, really delve into the differences between sith and jedi philosophy. I'll still watch it without sith in it but it will have to be damn good for me to overcome my disappointment. What if there were no jedi in the new films? That would be just as lopsided and silly.

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Yoda just didn't realize that Bane found an apprentice.

18. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    And maybe he/we dint realize Palpatine or Vader had one as well. If you read the Plagueis novel set right before and during the start of TPM you'll see that Sidious master was big on ending the rule of two. They even had Maul around while both Sidious and his master were both alive. I won't even get into the Plagueis cheating death angle...there's a thread for that already.

19. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    The Nightsisters are potential antagonists.

20. localriot

localriot Jedi Padawan

Mar 8, 2013
    I think there should be sith/darksiders. The prophecy is a failed plot device invented to give anakin some kind of importance because he was an unlikeable annoying character. They just needed an excuse to train him.

Sitara likes this.
  21. Orochi Oni

Mar 8, 2013
    I completely disagree that having no Sith is as bad as having no Jedi.

Unless Luke has ignored Yoda's dying wish, we know there'll be Jedi in the new films.

The Sith aren't needed at all. As long as they come up with a suitable replacement, of course.

22. Marc McAllister

Marc McAllister Jedi Padawan

Mar 14, 2013
    I agree that The Sith are, or atleast should be, finished. The real life bad guys of the twenties and forties were Fascists. Vader is Mussolini, he was the youngest ever Italian PM in 1922 when i believe ROTS is set, and The Emporer is ofcourse Hitler. In the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's whenever the next trilogy is set the "bad guys" were Communists, which is a completely different thing from Fascism. The Sith are Dungeons and Dragons Chaotic Evil and what Carl Jung calls The Shadow, the Seperatists were Neutral Evil because you could join them, they were O.K with you if you gave into them, where as the Sith don't care what you think, you can never get on the Sith's goodside, The Empire was Lawful Evil, so the ST is going to repeat itself. A Religion like the Dark Jedi who have a mentality like the Seperatists or a Religion like The Empire. I think Leia will be the Establishment from now on, they won, the Villians will be the Insurrectionists now. I'd like to see The Imperial Knights. Call The Russians The Imperial Remnant and The Libyans/Ugandans as The Dark Jedi and The Iranians/Iraqi's as IDK, i wasn't around in the 70's, but in the eighties most people believed there really would be a nuclear war, it might not end the world but there would be mucho destruction, so i think Episodes VII-IX should be about the 70's and building up The Imperial Remant/Imperial Knights as a threat, and Episodes X-XII should be the Eighties and how close we came yadda yadda, ending with the end of The Cold War in 1991.

23. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Sith in PT + Sith in OT = Sith in ST

It's part of what Star Wars is.

Pro Scoundrel , Darth kRud and Sitara like this.
  24. Darth kRud

Nov 1, 2012
    I agree

25. Orochi Oni

Mar 8, 2013
    I'm glad you agree.

darklordoftech likes this.