main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Skywalker Prophecy - Episode IV: A Destiny Renewed (OT AU; A/P, H/L, L/M, OCs): COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Lex, Mar 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Bahh read the trailer for HAD- now I just HAVE to read A Destiny Renewed... let's see- 4 days? Can it be done? We'll just have to see [face_mischief]

2. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    C3SoloPO: Yeah, Mara was a little out of her element, wasn't she? that kind of *small* extremely small type of underwear :eek: [face_mischief] [face_blush] ;) As for the two Masters, well, time will tell.... :p
    Darth_Leia: You know, I never expected this kind of a reaction to the Leia/Mara scene -- but it's great! :D And I'm glad you liked the PM scene. [face_love]
    JediArwen: Can I just say that I'm so jealous of your vacation? :mad: Okay, now let's see... Shall we have the ball in HAD? Sorry, no. HAD begins six months after ADR. I'm sure you do have plans about this lingerie Darth! Yes, I do. ;) The way that Missing Scene from chapter 15 ties in to chapter 16, I meant to imply that Mara is wearing the lingerie when they go back to the Temple and she realizes she's jealous of Ralli and wants to be with Luke. [face_love] But it'll appear in HAD too, probably. Anakin is still Anakin Yes, he is. Which is both good and bad. [face_devil] [face_mischief]
    PLJ: So I've tempted you, have I? Cool! :D [face_devil]

Well, now that we're only a few days away from the first post of Hope and Darkness, I wanted to be sure to say another huge THANK YOU to everyone who read this story. Your feedback has been a real inspiration for me, especially during times this spring and summer when Darth Real Life was pretty rough.

To those of you who posted feedback at one time or another (in alphabetical order) -- Aiur, anakin_girl, Anakins_Goddess_01, Anakinisthechosenone, aninonymous, aotc02, C3SoloPO, Dally, DANA28, DarthBreezy, Darth_Leia_6669, DarthSon, EmilieDarklighter, ForceAchtungBaby, GenOochy, geo3, GunraysLawyer, illuminatrix, Jazz_Skywalker, JediArwen, JediCami, Jedi_Liz, jedimastersam, Jedi-Roxy, Jesus_the_Hut, LadyZ, Lando_Plenty, lauretheil1138, leia_naberrie, lori71, maramijade, MissPadme, Monica_Skywalker, NickStarwalker, PhoenixMage, qingauk, RebelMom, returnofthejeni, stacysatrip, and thebadge -- it really means a lot to me. Thank you.

The first post of HAD will go up on Monday morning. As I did at the beginning of this thread, I'll post the teaser trailer again as well as the Prologue of HAD. It includes a bit of a shocker :eek: -- although probably not as big a one as Leia being taken captive in the Prologue of ADR. ;) After that, the plot gets moving very quickly. :D

See you then, everyone! :cool:

[edit]

Monday, August 11: Episode V: Hope and Darkness has begun!

The Skywalker Prophecy ? Episode V: Hope and Darkness

:D :D

3. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    :D

I finally got round to reading this story. I printed out all the pages and curled up all weekend in bed with The Prophecy. :)

Damn. geo3 got it right. There should be a new category in Fanfiction Awards and the Best Thread Ever should go to The Skywalker Prophecy, Directed and Produced by Darth_Lex
    [face_shocked] I don't know where to start: The heart-stopping action and adventure, the elaborate, carefully plotted intrigues, the heart-aching romances - A/P (if only!), Han/Leia (so appropriate - nothing like a dashing nerf-herder to revive a pining widow/hostage), Luke/Jenny (occasional smuttiness plus the fatal attraction older women have for the Skywalker men), Sarre/Byron (talk about big, strong hunk and petite debutante).

This story is just too much. My best lines:
    Mara to Anakin: We rescued her and then she took over immediately. [face_laugh]

?Your Mom saw me. So we went to the kitchen and talked.? [Sarre] took a deep breath. ?I told her everything.?
    [Byron's] eyes suddenly became frightened. ?Define everything.? :D

[Padme] thought it a bit unseemly for a Jedi Master to preen like some kind of ostentatious wildfowl :D

And much more...

The characterisations (I am sorry. I know this has to be the most inarticulate review in history) - the consistency with canon and the intriguing new slants and redefinitions. An upright Han Solo and Lando who missed their callings as underground smugglers, A Luke - Mr Cassanova - Skywalker [face_shocked] , Mara as Anakin's Padawan (which was just inspired and actually makes perfect sense!), Sabe in politics (about time!), Leia as Jarren Organa's widow and on and on ad infinitum.

Did I mention the brilliant action scenes? And Leia's Sith interrogation? In fact, there was a clever little parallel between the rescue in the Prophecy and A New Hope. Very cleverly handled with just enough similarities to make me smile and a lot of differences to be unpredicatable. (Leia pecked Mara! ;) Far out!)

Great! Great! Hats off! Shoes off! Coat off! Skir- in your dreams Mister. [face_mischievous]

H.A.D.?
    CAN'T HARDLY WAIT!

4. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Two very wonderful fics, Lex. :) I thoroughly enjoyed them both. although I have a bit of a problem with the casting list... I believe Amy Allen would fit better as Aayla Secura than Jennifer Connelly would. But that's just my 2 credits. :p

*scurries off to read HAD*

5. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    leia_naberrie: Wow. :eek: :eek: [face_blush] [face_blush] I don't know what to say, other than a very sincere thank you. I'm delighted you enjoyed the story so much. It's wonderful to know that all the hard work I put into the story paid off so well. ;) Most of all, I'm glad you know you liked the characterizations; while I love to write the action and drama and romance and all the rest, to me the story is all about the characters -- so that you related so much to them really means a lot. Thank you.
    JediMasterKobe: Thanks! :D I'm so glad you enjoyed the stories. (Hey, I'm not an ogre about the casting -- feel free to imagine Amy Allen for yourself when you read. ;) :p)

To anyone else who's out there, I always love to receive feedback -- it's never too late. Feel free to leave a comment here any time or to send me a PM. Thanks for reading!!!! :D :D

6. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Okay. I'm really in shock here.

Tonight ADR won BEST AU story in the Summer 2003 Fanfic Awards.

I don't know what to say. I really don't. (It was a three-way tie, but still. I'm stunned. Truly stunned.)

THANK YOU to everyone who read this story and voted for it. You have no idea how much your feedback and support has meant to me.

Thank you.

7. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    A well deserved congratulations Lex! Three-way tie or not, you deserved it!

*does happy dance before running from the thread *

--later--

8. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    This was totally awesome!! It was quite a marathon read but well worth it. :D I also read the light-side ending of A Bumpier Road and it was equisite! :) I really loved how you did the deleted scenes thingy. It was really cool. BTW~ Your Bryon Skywalker character is the best! I truly love him! [face_love] I don't think I've been more in love with an OC. :p I also loved the castings.

Danaé Skywalker........................?Liv Tyler (LOTR; Armageddon) (image)
    Cool. She seems kinda sad though. lol. I always see Liv Tyler like that, even when she's smiling.

Bryon Skywalker........................?Brendan Fraser (The Mummy; George of the Jungle) (image)
    Sych a hottie! :D I love Brenden Fraser. I have a poster of him on my wall. [face_love]

Mara Jade........................????.Laura Prepon (?That 70s Show?) (image)
    Hmm. I didn't think of her immediatly but she really does look like her. ;) I don't think she'd be good to be the actress if they actually had Mara in the movies though. She's a little too girly girl for Mara.

Will Graff??????..................Ashton Kutcher (?That 70s Show?; Dude, Where?s My Car?) (image)
    Oh! We've got another hottie on our hands. :p

Allitisi............?????..........?Orlando Bloom (LOTR; Pirates of the Caribbean) (image)
    Yuck. Too bad we can't have elves. ;) I think he's way hotter as an elf than a human. Go figure. lol.

Darth Vengous........................?..Catherine Zeta-Jones (Traffic; Chicago) (image)
    I never really pictured her as an evil person, but there's potential. :p

Darth Delicti........................??.Angelina Jolie (Lara Croft: Tomb Raider; Gone in 60 Seconds) (image)
    Sweet! She'd be awesome! :D

Ralli Gialla...........................???Kate Bosworth (Blue Crush; The Rules of Attraction) (image)
    Is it just me or does she look evil? ?[face_plain]

Okay I'll start on HAD soon but I gotta get off for tonight. *yawn* Reading almost the entire fic tonight probably wasn't my best option since I have to get up early tomorrow. Great fic! :D :D

EDIT: Oops! [face_blush] My congrats on being nominated for those things (I'd go back and find them and list them but I'm too lazy :p ) and congrats for tieing for Best AU! :) As I read this story it shows that you totally deserved it! :)

9. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Darth_Leia: Thank you!! :D

Jaina_and_Jag: Thanks so much for all the enthusiasm! :D I'm so glad you enjoyed ABR and ADR so much! ;) I don't think I've been more in love with an OC. Yay! I get that a lot, so I guess I did something right in creating this character. :) I have a poster of him on my wall. [face_laugh] I can see why you liked the choice, then. She's a little too girly girl for Mara. I can understand what you mean, although I think she could pull it off. :) Is it just me or does she look evil? It's just you. :p [face_laugh] And thanks for the congrats; I appreciate it. ;)

Thanks again to all my readers! :) Anyone else who stops by should feel free to leave comments, or to PM them to me. ;)

10. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    This is oh, so late, but I'm only just getting caught up on this fic so I thought I'd say congratulations on your win! You may have been surprised, but I don't think the rest of us who read your fics are. Very well deserved! :D

BTW, the cast list is an awesome idea! Very helpful, too, for those of us who lack imagination ;)

11. Darth_Lamblike

Darth_Lamblike Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2003
  12. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Wow. [face_shocked] This was an outstanding piece of literature. I truely believe that you've ruined me for all other authors (except for maybe a couple 8-} ). You had me on the edge of my seat through out the entire story, desperate to know what happened to both the original characters, and the ones you had created. Every single character placed throughout the story was eminently believable, and incredibly well done. The awards that you won at the WFFA are quiet testements to how well you wrote this story. (I'd write more, but my brother wants me to get off, since I was on all afternoon doing a marathon read).

Anyways, fantastic job. I'm looking forward to catching up to the rest of the series. :D

~LtJS

13. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Reihla: Thanks for the congrats. :) And I?m glad you liked the cast list. It helps me envision the characters when I write, so I figured the readers would like it too. ;)
    Darth_Lamblike: Thanks.
    Lt_Jaina_Solo: Wow! [face_blush] You had me on the edge of my seat through out the entire story, desperate to know what happened to both the original characters, and the ones you had created. Every single character placed throughout the story was eminently believable, and incredibly well done. Thanks so much for this. The characters are the core of the story to me ? the plot and action and everything else won?t matter if the characterization is bad. So it?s a great thrill to know you liked the way I?ve handled them. :D

Thanks again to everyone who read and commented on ADR. :D

14. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

* Waves to Lex *

Wow, was that a marathon read! I?ve been meaning to read your stories for months, but DRL just broad-sided me big time. But finally, I downloaded your posts into my Word files on Sunday night and just had a great time. I?m a little sorry that I hadn?t started reading before, but the advantage of reading your stories now is that I get to read through the first two without any painful, suspenseful waits.

So, here are my comments on A Destiny Renewed:

- I?m very impressed by the grand scale of your story, with its impressive cast of characters, and how you managed to weave all their stories into this colorful tapestry. With so many people, it?s easy to forget a character or lose a thread or leave the readers wanting, but you brilliantly managed all their storylines and kept it interesting and fun.

- Also, I LOVED how you just turned the OT on its head, by keeping so many of the lines we all loved in ANH and twisting their situation or their speakers?i.e. when Leia and Mara run from the Vyhrrag soldiers and they have to hurtle over the void, or when Han was the one to say, ?I?m Han Solo. I?m here to rescue you.? Simply brilliant!

- And before I forget, the ?trailers? were just sheer genius. They were done with just the right tone of movietrailer lightheartedness, as well as serving as such an efficient method of getting the reader up to date, and the later updates on ?filming? of the next movie from Sydney?my goodness, I was so impressed! I take my hat off to you for that amazing idea.

- The prologue was a great introduction of the members of the Skywalker family and the state of the Republic. I was a wee taken aback to read that Leia didn?t inherit the Skywalker ?Jedi? genes ? and I must confess a little disappointed when I saw that, because in my personal canon, Leia was always as powerful as Luke; she just didn?t know it. However, later events in your story certainly made Leia strong enough in her own way that the lack of Force power wasn?t even really a detriment. It was also a surprise that Leia was a widow, but I kind of like that angle. It gives Leia even more depth of character.

? Even though in the trailer and prologue, you?ve already shown us that the story is going to be very different, there were still more surprises in store in the opening chapters. Han, Lando and Chewie being a tad more respectable than they?ve ever been known to be before as military officers?although I like how their scoundrelly ways have not left them entirely. Somehow, Han?s impetuousness in offering his services in aid of the Senator seems a little more Luke-like than selfish-Han-like from ANH. I do like how he has such a bad impression of the Jedi, though. That seems more like the Han we all knew and loved ;)
    ?

- Luke and Mara ? I?m glad Mara isn?t of the Dark side in this story, and it?s a great way you?ve built up the dislike slowly turning into friendship. Also, I was quite surprised to see Luke in the role of ?ladykiller?. Ralli, and Jenny, and then Mara! Woohoo! Way to go, Luke!
    - As for the OCs, I really like Byron. Very?um?Byronic :p He?s quite the alpha male hero, down to the size and the reticence with romance. The whole subplot that everyone in the family already knows about his romance with Sarre is really adorable. There?s a sort of teasing and baiting that you?d expect to see in a family with so many siblings, but you did it in a very affectionate way that makes reading that whole subplot a lot of fun.
    - As for Danae?I definitely had my fears for her. She seems to me to be the one to fall the Dark side. She seems somewhat confused, and of course, she?s in limbo state because of the disappearance of her Master. I spent much of the story worried about which direction she would go.
    - And Padme and Anakin ? reading your take on them just makes me sigh that their story couldn?t be this way. From AotC, I certainly believe they had the potential to be happy and to create a happy family, if only fate had allowed it. There?s just the right combination of old couple bickering and affecti

15. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Lex: I have heard so many good things about ur trilogy, that i had to come see for my self! Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome job! I found the time finally to read this first part and am very glad i did! Bryon Skywalker... *Drools* =P~

He seems soooooooooooo hott!

Cant wait to read the next one... which im off to start right now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.